• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

shaowebb

Just respec-ed my Thor and Classic Storm for Green and Blue. Thor should be fun Storm floats back and forth on best build plan per team.

Changing it to open would just mean that the first person who tried could join. The problem is that we have an open slot, but we need to have a slot left over for Turbo-whoever who was kicked initially to get this going.

I want to be part of this group, but right now my game is straight up broken. I can't even open the app right now because of the firmware update. So I'm fucked right out of this event.

Anilones

Is someone makes me a Commander (Anilones19), I'll buy a slot. I'm not playing due to moving, but can buy a slot before it gets filled up.

NineH

If there's still room, I'd also like to join the alliance, MPQ Scruffy is my name there. I can also use my HP to pay for the next slot as well.

Alright just promoted Anilones.

You guys need to post your igns. We're getting a lot of random ingame invites. Who is bloodstool? I think we need to dismiss any names that aren't on the forums to clean up the list a little bit.

Askani

You guys need to post your igns. We're getting a lot of random ingame invites. Who is bloodstool? I think we need to dismiss any names that aren't on the forums to clean up the list a little bit.

Yeah, I thought we were 14/15. Then I saw we were full last night but there wasn't any post here about it. We need a Rollcall list we can keep updated until we're 20/20. And we're supposed to have a slot for Turbo still?

Code:
GAF Name          - MPQ Name
---------------   ---------------
Gotchaye          - Gotchaye
Askani            - Askani
Duanne Cunningham - DNouncerDuane
Anilones          - Anilones19
shaowebb          - shaowebb
NomarTyme         - Mike 30
sibarraz          - Sibarraz
cobell            - Cobell
Fjord             - Fjord
BenjaminBirdie    - KidInsomnia
zulux21           - zulux21
wakuraku          - ihearthawthats
animus82          - octagon69
shugdaddy         - shugdaddy

Hold Slot
---------------   ---------------
TurboLibre        - ?????

I'm looking for more in the thread, and I'll edit when I find them. Then the people who really know what they are doing can update it from the holes.

EDIT :::::

I *think* that's it? I don't know who "bloodstool" is from the game. I don't think they are supposed to be there. We're at 15/15 now and if bloodstool is gone, then that should be the open slot for Turbo.

kswiston

I managed to recover a bit after not being able to play in the Hulk Event for about 40 hours, and ended up making a top 6666 spot. Still a bit miffed that I lost out on a second Thor card (I was rank 2900 or so before I was barred from progressing due to a glitch), but at least I will have that card if he is required in a future event. It also sucked that I finished 4000 points short of getting that final 160k point Punisher card bonus.

Snagged a top 50 spot in the Black Panther PVP event too. I would have had a top 25 finish, but I needed sleep. Not too bad considering I started playing the event like 3 hours before it ended. MN Mags/Classic Storm are still an OP'd combo. With a blue/purple +3 boost, I can take out the legion of level 45-80 original Black Widows/Classic Storms that everyone fields before they have a chance to get really annoying. Since almost everyone had min level black panthers, it was just a matter of keeping the remaining thor/wolverine frozen until I claimed an easy victory.

kswiston

Heroic Mode Juggernaut is live. Looks like an nice short 2.5 day PVE event. Will be a good change of pace from the last couple of 10 day events.

Gotchaye

I did some dismissing last night. They just keep coming.
And it's not nearly as satisfying as banning people.

kswiston

What are the benefits of being in an alliance?

Also, this Juggernaut event is a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be, as you are restricted to using either Modern Thor, Model 40 Iron Man, Psylocke, Captain America, Modern Hawkeye, AXM Wolverine, Modern Storm, and Modern Black Widow...

The only one of those I have leveled past 30 is Wolverine (level 49)... I guess I am going to have to dip into the 36k ISO I have sitting around.

zulux21

What are the benefits of being in an alliance?

Also, this Juggernaut event is a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be, as you are restricted to using either Modern Thor, Model 40 Iron Man, Psylocke, Captain America, Modern Hawkeye, AXM Wolverine, Modern Storm, and Modern Black Widow...

The only one of those I have leveled past 30 is Wolverine (level 49)... I guess I am going to have to dip into the 36k ISO I have sitting around.

on the plus side they seem to be giving you a level 105 thor for a few of the events (or not just realized my single thor cover was boosted to there @_@ so even better I can do this :))... i might actually be able to get 1k points this time unlike the last time they ran one of these events.

kswiston

on the plus side they seem to be giving you a level 105 thor for a few of the events (or not just realized my single thor cover was boosted to there @_@ so even better I can do this :))... i might actually be able to get 1k points this time unlike the last time they ran one of these events.

Your level 15 modern thor is boosted to 105 for the event. Sucks for those the 95% of players who didn't get a Modern Thor in the last event...

I'm currently #14 in my 1000 person bracket, and I haven't even cleared all the levels yet. You miss out on at least 3 high points battles without a modern Thor.

zulux21

Your level 15 modern thor is boosted to 105 for the event. Sucks for those the 95% of players who didn't get a Modern Thor in the last event...

I'm currently #14 in my 1000 person bracket, and I haven't even cleared all the levels yet. You miss out on at least 3 high points battles without a modern Thor.

the only thing he is really good for is taking hits though... it's not like he has any moves of interest with a single green cover.

I wish they weren't so limiting on people you could use... best team i can make without thor is a 50 captain 50 storm and 25 hawkeye team.

kswiston

the only thing he is really good for is taking hits though... it's not like he has any moves of interest with a single green cover.

I wish they weren't so limiting on people you could use... best team i can make without thor is a 50 captain 50 storm and 25 hawkeye team.

I have been able to clear most of the levels with Thor, 40 Storm, and 30 Black Widow. I have a 52 Wolverine, but he doesn't have as much life as Thor, and the Red/Green is better spent on her. This event managed to exclude every decently leveled character I had. I had to level my Storm from lvl 1 (she's maxed skilled at least. I used to use her as a scrub character), and my Black Widow from 20. So much ISO that I had planned on using elsewhere....

I have been. I'm floating in the mid 300's. I was actually #2 in my bracket at 450ish last night, but I've fallen down to about 18th. I see "Agents of G.O.O.N." a few spaces ahead of us... We can't let NeoGAF finish behind SA! I'll definitely be pouring on even more heat tonight and tomorrow.

jurgen

Is anyone trying to earn points right now? Last night we were in 5th. Now we are 4000 pts behind and in rank 26

I am trying just because I don't have a Modern Thor for Heroic Mode right now. Sitting at #7 in my bracket.

Don't know if my points count right now because I'm still pending.

Is there still space in the alliance? I have tons of HP to buy another slot if it's not at the 20 cap
We're at 15 atm, but someone still needs to id bloodstool. Theres 1 reserved spot for Turbolibre, and I think 2 or 3 previous posters are still needing to get in. I dunno how we're handling this, first come first serve? I think you're still good for the 18th spot or so I dunno.

Is anyone trying to earn points right now? Last night we were in 5th. Now we are 4000 pts behind and in rank 26
I wait for the last day, which is afaik a pretty common strat.

sibarraz

Banned
Im trying to earn points but I'm not that overleveled to winn all the time, at least I reached a point where some heroes look like a potential risk to losing points

Well I sent a request anyway
I'd accept but I'm not sure if it's my place to do so before getting a response from those who asked earlier.

Honestly, I have no idea who the "leader" is or who's gonna be taking main responsibility? Cobell? Animus? Gotchaye?

It would be nice to get everyone in before the current event ends so you can all get the rewards.

Ok ok so I've been away from the thread for the last week. What's happening with this alliance thing? People are paying real money to join? What's the benefit?

Ok ok so I've been away from the thread for the last week. What's happening with this alliance thing? People are paying real money to join? What's the benefit?
A 3-star cover and 50 HP reward have been removed from normal rewards into alliance rewards. 100/500 HP rewards are also up for grabs to top alliances.

You don't have to pay real money if you already have the HP. It's currently at 1600-2000 HP for a slot.

cobell

I'd accept but I'm not sure if it's my place to do so before getting a response from those who asked earlier.

Honestly, I have no idea who the "leader" is or who's gonna be taking main responsibility? Cobell? Animus? Gotchaye?

It would be nice to get everyone in before the current event ends so you can all get the rewards.

There's really not a leader as far as I'm concerned. I made the Alliance to be GAF centric for those of us who play. So if they're a gaffer and they can pay for the next slot, go ahead and accept them. Promote any Gaffer to Commander as well (as they need to be to increase the Alliance size).

Just don't accept/invite anyone that does not verify themselves in this thread.

If there's ever additional expansion of utility in Alliances, just don't be jerks to each other.

Yes everyone who is a commander can't be kicked. So if you ever uninstall, just remove yourself from the Alliance.

NineH

There was an open spot so I added myself to the alliance, I hope thats cool with you guys and accept me. I can add the next slot with HP if you guys make me a commander and my name is MPQ Scruffy. Thanks!

My name in the game is TurboLibre too.

Hopefully my game will be up and running again soon. Just have to wait on their damn patch. Once I'm back I can kick many asses. So don't boot me from the alliance just yet. Please.

Gotchaye

Okay, so Askani's list above has 14 of us in it. The alliance has 15 people right now, including bloodstool who will be very sad when he gets kicked right before Fearless Defenders ends. We have 16 slots, so there are 2 free slots (including bloodstool's) and then we can buy 4 more. One of these six spots is reserved for Turbolibre, one is a freebie (Anilones bought this one recently even though he'd been a member for a while; I don't have a good way of deciding who gets this one, and probably it should just be up to him), and then four of them are pay-for-entry slots like most of the ones we've been adding.

Going through the thread since last night, in order:

jurgen (Rorschach) wanted a spot. It wasn't clear if he understood that that entails paying (now 1700 HP) for a new slot upon joining.

Likewise Absoludacrous.

Spoit expressed interest and a willingness to pay for a slot. As far as I can tell he did this first of all people who haven't been admitted yet. So I propose that he should be allowed in and promoted when he asks to join in-game and tells us what name he's joined under.

NineH (MPQ Scruffy) expressed interest and a willingness to pay for a slot. I'd be for admitting and promoting him right after Spoit.

I'd like to hear that jurgen and Absoludacrous understand that they're to pay for a spot when they get admitted. If both are fine with that, then that's all 20 of our spots, and after the four listed above are in we'll have a spot left over for Turbolibre when he gets things working again and that spot Anilones paid for.

I went ahead and admitted Spoit and NineH, kicking bloodstool. If I haven't overlooked something and this all sounds fair to everybody someone can promote them in a bit and they can buy slots. Then jurgen and Absoludacrous will have dibs on paying for the 19th and 20th spots at (probably) 1900 and 2000 HP. Sound good to everyone?

NineH

Thanks for adding me, and I'd like for Spoit to get the 17th slot and I pay for the 18th slot as he was first asking to be added after all. I can get the slot now though but I want to give him first dibs so he can save 100 hp.

Sounds good to me and thanks for clearing out the random invites.

Looks like we'll be good for top 50. The current #1 is averaging about 500 pts for each of its 20 members. That would be hard to match without having 20 members yourself.

A 3-star cover and 50 HP reward have been removed from normal rewards into alliance rewards. 100/500 HP rewards are also up for grabs to top alliances.

You don't have to pay real money if you already have the HP. It's currently at 1600-2000 HP for a slot.

Interesting...so you can't get a 3 star pull from a regular reward anymore?

I've only got 1000HP so I can't buy in yet. We'll see if that changes.

zulux21

Sounds good to me and thanks for clearing out the random invites.

Looks like we'll be good for top 50. The current #1 is averaging about 500 pts for each of its 20 members. That would be hard to match without having 20 members yourself.

top 50 will be good. I can likely get to 500 points myself, but I will likely end up more around 300 or so... it will depend how things go as I will only have a few hours tomorrow night to really help.

edit: I have 295 right now, and will end tonight with around 325.

Anilones

(Anilones bought this one recently even though he'd been a member for a while; I don't have a good way of deciding who gets this one, and probably it should just be up to him)
That really doesn't bother me, as a very long time junior/lurker (look at my join date), I'm more than happy to have bought my permanent place as a commander and continue to enjoy both the game and GAF-community.

Dispatch

What's the current going rate for a spot in the Alliance? I'd like to join, but don't want to spend too much cash.

If the money for a spot is reasonable, then my in-game name is also Dispatch.

Really appreciating the renewed focus being in an alliance has had on my PVP activity. I usually just do the minimum and focus on PVE but I've been spending some stored up boosts and really making a push in the name of TEAMWORK. Wish there were alliance rewards in PVE though, because I am straight beasting. These locked down heroics are where my tried and true LEVEL ALL method really pays off.

Top Bottom