• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

oh come on it's not that bad. I am effectively 6 weeks behind most of you guys and I handle things alright :p
hmm so a new captain america is coming eh... hopefully he isn't just a 3 star version of what we have and is actually an interesting and useful character.

I'm a month behind and it's killing me. Luckily, no one else had lazy thor either

zulux21

I'm a month behind and it's killing me. Luckily, no one else had lazy thor either

I am partially alright because I am on top of those events, I am a steam player though which puts me 6 weeks behind the phone players... those guys just got a x force wolverine as their daily reward :p

NomarTyme

oh come on it's not that bad. I am effectively 6 weeks behind most of you guys and I handle things alright :p
hmm so a new captain america is coming eh... hopefully he isn't just a 3 star version of what we have and is actually an interesting and useful character.
oh god another 9 day event.

Gotchaye

I got tied up at work and only finished top 100. Really would have liked another yellow Thor, but oh well.

9 day events are hated? I found them cool since I think that there I could grab lots of prizes

It depends how they run them. Anymore there are almost constant PvE events going on such that a longer event doesn't really yield many more rewards. The problem with long events is that they frequently have a new character as a top placement prize and to be competitive you have to (at least) play frequently from the time you enter the bracket (some versions of The Hulk have required that you play frequently from the very beginning because they were unbracketed). The whole thing would be less stressful if they had two half-length events and only one of them awarded the new character - you could skip the second one and not miss much, if you wanted a break.

Edit: Their guy on the official forum confirms that there will be alliance rewards. So now people who don't join immediately can feel guilty too (I don't really mind).

jurgen

hopefully it's got some alliance ties too.

I believe I read on the forums earlier that the upcoming 9-day event DOES have alliance rewards as well.

I'm hoping that my pending alliance status comes through by the end of it because I'm set to be spending a lot of time on the bus for the next week.

zulux21

I got tied up at work and only finished top 100. Really would have liked another yellow Thor, but oh well.

It depends how they run them. Anymore there are almost constant PvE events going on such that a longer event doesn't really yield many more rewards. The problem with long events is that they frequently have a new character as a top placement prize and to be competitive you have to (at least) play frequently from the time you enter the bracket (some versions of The Hulk have required that you play frequently from the very beginning because they were unbracketed). The whole thing would be less stressful if they had two half-length events and only one of them awarded the new character - you could skip the second one and not miss much, if you wanted a break.

Edit: Their guy on the official forum confirms that there will be alliance rewards. So now people who don't join immediately can feel guilty too (I don't really mind).

ill do my part as best I can, hopefully the end times of the events don't line up to poorly with my work schedule.

I should do well enough to at least get one cover of the new character... I have only not gotten a cover twice... daredevil (event was so screwed up I couldn't play it... by far the worst event they have run) and black panther (I didn't care enough... now I wish I had since his black move is so broken lol)

NomarTyme

ill do my part as best I can, hopefully the end times of the events don't line up to poorly with my work schedule.

I should do well enough to at least get one cover of the new character... I have only not gotten a cover twice... daredevil (event was so screwed up I couldn't play it... by far the worst event they have run) and black panther (I didn't care enough... now I wish I had since his black move is so broken lol)

Yeah the black move is pretty sweet. One of candidate for the 3rd spot in my ***team. I already finish leveling up Punisher and Patch.

zulux21

YESSSS.

My time has come, gentlemen. Stand back.

I GOT THIS.

heh heh sure... I can't let the kids take all the fun. I'll have to show you youngins how we did things back before those days of fancy phones and their eye-due-dads <.<;

more seriously I am hoping that the mini events aren't so rapid fire... I don't like them being only 24 hours long as sometimes I am busy for a day which really hurts my overall rank...
if they are rapid fire though I hope they all have alliance rewards... because that would be nice.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My rewards came pretty quick. I finished top 10 and have had my stuff for at least 15-20 minutes now.
So uh, is not getting rewards a common issue or something? :x

I earned my HP :(

EDIT: I JUST got my reward. Phew. Thank you based D3P.

zulux21

so it sounds like the new captain is going to be mostly the old captain... just with some tweaks to the move
(the preview was the blue move working the same except it leaves a protect tile when it returns your AP as well)

sibarraz

Banned
so it sounds like the new captain is going to be mostly the old captain... just with some tweaks to the move
(the preview was the blue move working the same except it leaves a protect tile when it returns your AP as well)

Where did you get that info?

Maybe I'm happy with those events since my first token on the hulk one was black panther, with him I anhilited all the PVE

zulux21

Where did you get that info?

Maybe I'm happy with those events since my first token on the hulk one was black panther, with him I anhilited all the PVE

various places on the official forums...

the move info is here
I don't remember which thread that they said they were being lazy with captain but have a new 4* coming (who will be a new character and not a lazy character)

Gotchaye

New No Holds Barred with red Wolverine and Daredevil rewards. New Simulator with Gold Captain America who looks pretty terrible, plus Alliance rewards (same basic setup as the PvP, some modification to the tiers).

zulux21

so just to let people know the main event is done in 1k person brackets (I figured it would be like the last one that was barely bracketed)
and the mini events also seem to have alliance rewards (just iso and hp but still if we do well we should get most of the HP we spent to get slots back)

also if you don't have a psylocke you might as well be prepared to be very sad already.

Askani

I don't really understand the rubberbanding and how it works. Also I haven't really read about it.

So if someone can point out when I should start and how often I should play to help maximize my contribution of points, I will endeavor to make that happen.

I have a Black Panther and a Psylocke in my queue. BP expires in two days. Psylocke in five. I have 275 hp. Hmm... decisions. I need Psylocke now, but I sure don't want to let BP expire. Well, guess I know what the an$wer is.

zulux21

I have a Black Panther and a Psylocke in my queue. BP expires in two days. Psylocke in five. I have 275 hp. Hmm... decisions. I need Psylocke now, but I sure don't want to let BP expire. Well, guess I know what the an$wer is.

i was gonna say just use psylocke to win some hp in the new events, but the new event isn't rapid fire the mini events last a few days
btw our alliance is rank 207 in the hard simulation and rank 415 over all (the hard simulation is all me, the overall is a little from other people as well :p)

Gotchaye

I don't really understand the rubberbanding and how it works. Also I haven't really read about it.

So if someone can point out when I should start and how often I should play to help maximize my contribution of points, I will endeavor to make that happen.

It depends on the event; they've changed it up a few times and it won't be clear what they're doing here for a little while.

In older events, the point value of missions, even in sub-events, depended on the distance between your score and the score of the leader (across all brackets) in the overarching event. Recently, sub-events appear to have rubber-banded independently, with point values of missions depending on the score of the overall leader in that particular sub-event (again across all brackets).

Under the old system you could get a pretty good score only playing near the end of the event. With the new system you lose out on a bunch of points if you skip any sub-event. You get a pretty good score playing just at the end of each sub-event. The missions in the main Simulator event might refresh too, and these will rubber-band on the main bracket scores.

i was gonna say just use psylocke to win some hp in the new events, but the new event isn't rapid fire the mini events last a few days
btw our alliance is rank 207 in the hard simulation and rank 415 over all (the hard simulation is all me, the overall is a little from other people as well :p)

Let's rock and roll! GAF-Vengers Assemble!!

Note to self: Do not fight Moonstone with Modern Hawkeye.

Just finished a round of every mission. Fifth place in all three brackets, somehow. Creepy.

Our alliance rank, though, WHOOOO. This is gonna be tough, gang.

EDIT: Ha ha oh man. Just realized Alliance is the only way to a Blue Cover. YOU CRAZY FOR THIS ONE, D3!

Mamma mia, aside from the fights where Psylocke is required, she's boosted to insane levels in the others. At least in that first fight in the second path, my brand new lv 15 1/0/0 Psylocke is boosted to lv 105.

Spoit

Bah Daredevil required missions. That event was where I ragequit.

At least he's in the progression awards, so I'll get him in a few days

Seems like there's gonna be some serious level raises. Hard is already putting up some stuff that's rill tough.

I just finished off another run through Hard and am going to go a round on Easy. Really don't want to leave any of the prizes on the table. Sooooo much ISO.

jurgen

So luck of the draw and yesterday's daily reward has netted me two X-Force Wolverines in a row. Now I've got him sitting at 3/0/1. It's probably a long way off, but has anyone found a good build for him? His red sounds like it could clean house.

Just a reminder, we have 2 more slots open in the alliance (last I checked).

I've been pending for the past week or so. How much is the next slot?

NomarTyme

No annoying team for the Captain event. I am happy so far.

So luck of the draw and yesterday's daily reward has netted me two X-Force Wolverines in a row. Now I've got him sitting at 3/0/1. It's probably a long way off, but has anyone found a good build for him? His red sounds like it could clean house.

Last I checked it was 1900 HP. If you can't afford that there is a second Gaf Alliances... the name eludes me.

I think the second alliance is called GAF-men? Should I just cancel my request on the GAF-vengers? It's at 16/18 members... Does the alliance creator have to buy those last two slots?

Gotchaye

We still have room for three people in GAF-vengers, although one of those slots was purchased by someone here and so I'm reluctant to give it away by myself.

The next slot is 1900 HP. You're still pending because you haven't made clear that you're willing to buy a slot.

I think the second alliance is called GAF-men? Should I just cancel my request on the GAF-vengers? It's at 16/18 members... Does the alliance creator have to buy those last two slots?

You're welcome to join, but the slots are getting expensive. We've been having people join, promoting them to a rank where they can buy slots, and then they buy the next slot. This has been possible because Turbo's been having technical difficulties that have prevented him from starting the app, but he's been in the alliance since near the start, so we've been using his spot to allow people to join before they buy a slot. Just let us know if you want in and are willing to buy a slot (like I said, the next one is 1900 HP; the one after that will be 2000 HP).

Ahhh... Okay thank you I understand how it works now. I was so confused! I will leave the alliance for now until I can procure more play money.

Yeah, I wanted to join and don't mind throwing a few more bucks at the dev, but I can't justify buying the amount of HP necessary for a slot. Maybe if HP goes on some ridiculous sale or something I'll do it

shaowebb

HA! Didn't have time for that stuff due to work and other stuff and on a random 2 star drop I get 3 star Thor yellow! Hell yes. Also got a yellow Hood cover on another 2star. Dis da run. Got sooooooooo many of these buffed dudes at good levels so I'm popping em left and right here. Ares is power leveling off it too. Pulling high rank within moments right now. Gaf-vengers gettin some score off me right now.

animus82

Banned
Note to self: Do not fight Moonstone with Modern Hawkeye.

Just finished a round of every mission. Fifth place in all three brackets, somehow. Creepy.

Our alliance rank, though, WHOOOO. This is gonna be tough, gang.

EDIT: Ha ha oh man. Just realized Alliance is the only way to a Blue Cover. YOU CRAZY FOR THIS ONE, D3!

Overall I think we should be ok. The top 50 get the same cover but we get less HP and ISO which isn't the end of the world.

It's going to tough though, you're right about that.

Top Bottom