• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

shaowebb

Seriously? No one else in here gives a fuck that an earthquake happened? No one? And that a dude during it STAYED ONLINE TO POST? No one else finds this a bit off in terms of priorities? To post about a comic book bejeweled game on a forum rather than go to a shelter in place?

No one? No one reacting at all? Just me?

zulux21

Yeah, same here. I'm not super excited about 3 star Cap, but one of these days he'll be required for something just like 3hor is right now.
to be fair I should care about thor, i mean he would make my second main team stronger and speed them up... but if I am going to invest to gain 3 stars I would rather it be black panter, or maybe even the new daken, which would help complete my murder main team (Team A: patch level 139 right now, maxed 2 star widow... whatever character I am forced to use. Team B: max thor, max 1 star storm, max 2 star widow) team b works very well on the oasis and thorn rose stages but only ok on other stages and is a bit slow... team A just murders and putting someone like panther with his black on that team... drool :p

Seriously? No one else in here gives a fuck that an earthquake happened? No one? And that a dude during it STAYED ONLINE TO POST? No one else finds this a bit off in terms of priorities? To post about a comic book bejeweled game on a forum rather than go to a shelter in place?

I imagine it was something like... oh hey an earthquake... is it a big one... nah... just enough I can feel it... everything ok... ok... well that was fun. Might as well post about it.... oh look at that dude freaking out about me staying on with an earthquake... >.>

now if an earthquake happened where I live.... I would likely have to go outside and look around because a tanker carrying something like just exploded (the only time I have ever experienced an earthquake that I could feel (i mean technically 1.0-2.5s or so are happening most anywhere) a trucking plant exploded >.>) I mean, with an earthquake that weak it's not likely the aftershock will be huge... so there really isn't much reason to go cower in fear somewhere safer than posting on GAF :p

shaowebb

Mixed reports from the folks who went through it in the earthquake discussion that opened up. No clue where Nomartyme was during it, but dude...get offline during that. Seriously. Gaf can wait an hour or so to make certain things aint kickin back up.

zulux21

Mixed reports from the folks who went through it in the earthquake discussion that opened up. No clue where Nomartyme was during it, but dude...get offline during that. Seriously. Gaf can wait an hour or so to make certain things aint kickin back up.

to be fair for all we know he is sitting in the proper spot (like in a door frame away from anything heavy) posting on his phone/tablet while playing the game and has nothing better to do then continue playing and wait it out o.o;

anyways this talk of an earthquake in marvel puzzle quest thread made me think of a new green move.... earthquake...

it's a random move that does random damage depending on it's magnitude... it's possible to barely do anything, or possible to be a heavy damage stun move :p

there has to be some sort of marvel character that can control earth.... uncontrollably... uh.... something like that... not sure how to phrase that lol... you should know what I mean.

NomarTyme

p3EgfxQ.jpg

Earth starts dancin' the tootsie roll under my feet I prioritize gettin' off the forums and getting someplace more secure man. Go. The internet will be there later dude. Get someplace secure in case of aftershocks or in case this was the precursor.

I posted will after the earthquake. I spent a few minute looking for my scared dog. I experience this before its not that big of a deal. It got downgraded to a 5.1.

Its not a big deal >.>.

NomarTyme

to be fair for all we know he is sitting in the proper spot (like in a door frame away from anything heavy) posting on his phone/tablet while playing the game and has nothing better to do then continue playing and wait it out o.o;

anyways this talk of an earthquake in marvel puzzle quest thread made me think of a new green move.... earthquake...

it's a random move that does random damage depending on it's magnitude... it's possible to barely do anything, or possible to be a heavy damage stun move :p

there has to be some sort of marvel character that can control earth.... uncontrollably... uh.... something like that... not sure how to phrase that lol... you should know what I mean.

Actually I went to get my dog after the earthquake. Glad the gate was closed because he would have bolted out the house.

Heh, it is kind of funny now that you point it out. We actually had tornados on the ground Thursday afternoon close enough that we were included in the warning and had sirens and everything. I was posting in this thread during that too, haha. People just take their area's natural disasters for granted after a while, I guess.

shaowebb

Heh, it is kind of funny now that you point it out. We actually had tornados on the ground Thursday afternoon close enough that we were included in the warning and had sirens and everything. I was posting in this thread during that too, haha. People just take their area's natural disasters for granted after a while, I guess.

Yall all crazy.

On a more related note the event went well. 2 patch covers a bunch of modern Hawkeye who I can make a threat once his evade is higher a blue Psylocke and Ares is nearly max leveled.

And on a bonus note the matchmaking screwed up for me. It did this once before a looooooong time ago during the Hulk event. All my events have nothing but level 20-ish dudes to fight the whole way. Time to grind.

Wow. I think I'm going to instajoin sub events forever from now on. Thousands of points, every mission still with like 30-50 level enemies. Here Comes Daredevil.

NomarTyme

Look like Top 50 is the likely placement for us in the main bracket. That is fine as long as we get two Gold Cap covers. The highly trained tokens been a huge bust for me. I did pulled **** Wolverine but he is currently really useless.

shaowebb

Currently in the event overall I'm ranked 17th I believe. Got 1st in both my current events, max leveled my 4/4/4 Ares and await another green cover and I'm in the top 50 on The Hood so I'm sitting on a ton of stuff soon. Gettin' so many levels out of this event. Ares went from 30 ish to 77 in a couple days and MN Mags is my next power level project since he utilities so hard with so many other characters.

sibarraz

Banned
Second day new standard token and a new patch wolverine but this time yellow. Again yay me
An about earthquakes here in chile we are so used to it that we some of us dont give a crap even with strong earthquakes

Is funny to see foreigners losing their shit when an earthquake happen though

shaowebb

Second day new standard token and a new patch wolverine but this time yellow. Again yay me
An about earthquakes here in chile we are so used to it that we some of us dont give a crap even with strong earthquakes

Is funny to see foreigners losing their shit when an earthquake japan though

Im from the Appalachian mountains. Only time we get the earth to move is if we were blowing it up digging for coal.

NomarTyme

Thinking going balls deep with Gold Daken! I really liking the idea of the trio of Punisher, Patch, and Lazy Daken. I mean you'll never need to worry about healing Daken and Patch.

Guys, at which intervals should I play the events to maximize the prizes?
Depends how fast you can do em and/or if you want to put up with increased levels from community scaling. I start 2-3 hrs before end and place top 5 in each. I actually find the hard bracket easier due to less competition.

Resets are not necessary. Moreso just for convenience. This recent one is especially a pain because pvp has been ending at the same time. Been burning through healthpacks because I've been lazy and it's faster.

zulux21

Guys, at which intervals should I play the events to maximize the prizes?

I typically just enter the event fairly early on and grind my way to the iso bonus stage...
the next day clear each event once
and the last few hours do the bonus stages...
the rubber banding in the event is so crazy that if I cared enough to grind for the last few hours I would no doubt end up with a top 5.

I really do need that black BP cover, but hood is so fragile, he keeps needing health packs :(

Hood is pretty flimsy. Mine is boosted pretty damn high (base level 77) and still gets beaten up pretty good in some fights. I really need some Blue Covers for him, if I had 4 or 5 Blue I think he would be an amazing hero, but sitting on 2 Blue he's kind of lackluster...

Spoit

Shielded at 650ish, hopefully that will be enough for top 10. I probably could have saved HP and waited another 15 minutes, but last time I went from almost 700 to barely maintaining 500, so that extra 75 HP is probably worth my sanity.

zulux21

Shielded at 650ish, hopefully that will be enough for top 10. I probably could have saved HP and waited another 15 minutes, but last time I went from almost 700 to barely maintaining 500, so that extra 75 HP is probably worth my sanity.

i had some extreme bad luck and thus shielded around 570 :/ i think I am gonna end up being 11th.

NomarTyme

Oh yeah! queued some high level point and got top ten! over hundred points in 10 minutes. I was sitting at 17 place when I broke my shield. Black panther is almost done.

Black Hulk cover is only for alliance reward. I really want that black hulk cover.

It's hard for me on Sun-Tues nights since I work those nights and my breaks are 10-11 and 3-4 to actually try in these events that end at midnight. Pretty sure I got Top 25 in Unholy Outlaw, definitely top 50 but hoping for Top 25 since I was like 15th when I shielded. Anyone know where GAF-vengers placed? We were like in the 60's last I checked.

Spoit

It's hard for me on Sun-Tues nights since I work those nights and my breaks are 10-11 and 3-4 to actually try in these events that end at midnight. Pretty sure I got Top 25 in Unholy Outlaw, definitely top 50 but hoping for Top 25 since I was like 15th when I shielded. Anyone know where GAF-vengers placed? We were like in the 60's last I checked.

Whatever the one the one with a 100 HP prize was

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Looks like our alliance GAF-vengers is hovering around 40~ for the simulator event -- had a really bad start to this event and only in top 150 :(

Looks like our alliance GAF-vengers is hovering around 40~ for the simulator event -- had a really bad start to this event and only in top 150 :(

That's pretty much where I stand. Not having Psylocke or BP kind of screwed me, but having a Modern Thor and Dr. Doom helped keep me in the top 150.

raiot

Is there still a place for me in the GAF alliance?
Can I buy in?
If not, I have a alliance myself but all my members quit playing :( (If you want to join search for "ounage")

Askani

I just played and looks like maybe some others have too. We're 36 overall now. At least we'll be top 50.

I'm at 5 in my overall bracket and 1 and 2 in my others. Should have three more health packs by games end so I'm hoping to push a 1 in a sub bracket and maintain my top 10 overall...or better...I hope...but I doubt...

Haha, were you able to get high on the bracket? I made it to 2nd but the guy ahead of me was over 100 points in the lead. Sometimes the competition is tight when you join late-ish in a bracket.
I got top 10. I kinda like the new structure because now I don't need to stress over top5. Joining late used to be much easier before, but less people are doing it now so it's all killers in one bracket rather than having 2 or 3. I still do it sometimes though just to test the waters.

zulux21

I just played and looks like maybe some others have too. We're 36 overall now. At least we'll be top 50.

I'm at 5 in my overall bracket and 1 and 2 in my others. Should have three more health packs by games end so I'm hoping to push a 1 in a sub bracket and maintain my top 10 overall...or better...I hope...but I doubt...

i also just started and have already added 25k or so to our score :p

Gotchaye

I think I might be able to get top 50, but it's only another Captain cover and I'm really only interested in him because he'll be required for stuff. So I think I'm done with the Simulator.

zulux21

I think I might be able to get top 50, but it's only another Captain cover and I'm really only interested in him because he'll be required for stuff. So I think I'm done with the Simulator.

we are close to a top 25 in the easy simulator..

hard we are in top 10 right now

im just gonna grind easy for the rest of the time in hopes we can get top 25 there because there isn't much difference between top 10 and 25 but 25 and 50 has a decent difference.

Top Bottom