• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

shaowebb

Just pushed us to rank 99 on the alliance match thats heroes only. Keep it up guys I'm outta heals and black Hulk covers are game breakingly good!

Gotchaye

So do sub-events unlock on this at some point or is it just the same map over and over again for 6 days? On the bright side Patch and OBW are both buffed so there's basically no possible mission that can present a significant challenge.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Is there a GAF alliance I can join.. I got a pretty decent team of 2 stars maxed and working on 3 stars now.

Just pushed us to rank 99 on the alliance match thats heroes only. Keep it up guys I'm outta heals and black Hulk covers are game breakingly good!

Unfortunately stuck at work, but I will pound away at it when I'm at break. I agree, having even 4 Black Covers for Hulk is absolute nonsense. I hate playing against 100+ Hulks in PvE for this reason. You hit him hard enough each turn he just gets insane cascades and is thunder clapping every turn. I apparently am in an insanely difficult MMR though because everyone I get matched against has 2 100+ heroes and OBW. Apparently winning all the time works against you...

So do sub-events unlock on this at some point or is it just the same map over and over again for 6 days? On the bright side Patch and OBW are both buffed so there's basically no possible mission that can present a significant challenge.

With how hard Steve Rogers is buffed I just through him in there as a meat shield and I was able to do every mission multiple times and climb to first with ease. The only problem was once I got there, there wasn't a single mission worth more than 80 pts, I couldn't build a decent lead, so I gave up and wasted my health packs doing the PvP event. I assume they will unlock subevents, it seems pointless to have a single map that never changes. I remember they did a similar event one time where for the first day or two it was just the overhead map and then it started unlocking subevents with those milestone unlocks that people can never get to.

Fjord

I've just been playing on my tablet so far. Looking into the steam version and it seems difficult to link accounts? Something like join facebook on both accounts and then they'll manually connect them.. maybe?

Prolly uses the old unstable format which means that everyday the missions will get replaced with new ones.

zulux21

I've just been playing on my tablet so far. Looking into the steam version and it seems difficult to link accounts? Something like join facebook on both accounts and then they'll manually connect them.. maybe?

there is no facebook linking set up with the steam version yet (aka no sharing rewards)
the only way to get your android/ios version onto steam is talking to support... and even then it can be iffy.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
I think it's time I joined an alliance.

Here's my roster:
  • OBW (**) - 85
  • Hawkeye (**) - 85
  • Thor (**) - 85
  • Wolverine (**) - 85
  • Hulk (***) - 79
  • Captain America (**) - 77
  • Storm (**) - 74
  • Punisher (***) - 62
  • Hood (***) - 46
  • Invisible Woman and Wolverine (****) - 30
  • The following three-star at 30 or below (most 15): Spider-Man, Iron Man, Doom, Loki, Rag. Patch, Grey Suit Widow. Black Panther, Daredevil, Mag, Psylocke
  • Moonstone, Daken, and Ares at 6
Any openings that would have me? If so, what's the cost?

zulux21

I think it's time I joined an alliance.

Here's my roster:
  • OBW (**) - 85
  • Hawkeye (**) - 85
  • Thor (**) - 85
  • Wolverine (**) - 85
  • Hulk (***) - 79
  • Captain America (**) - 77
  • Storm (**) - 74
  • Punisher (***) - 62
  • Hood (***) - 46
  • Invisible Woman and Wolverine (****) - 30
  • The following three-star at 30 or below (most 15): Spider-Man, Iron Man, Doom, Loki, Rag. Patch, Grey Suit Widow. Black Panther, Daredevil, Mag, Psylocke
  • Moonstone, Daken, and Ares at 6
Any openings that would have me? If so, what's the cost?
the gaf-kanda (i think that is the name) will likely have you (you would have to talk to the founder... akilshohen)... I think the next slot costs 700.

I suppose I should ask the founder at some point if they want me to use my wife's account to just let people in so the alliance can be built up and perhaps compete.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
the gaf-kanda (i think that is the name) will likely have you (you would have to talk to the founder... akilshohen)... I think the next slot costs 700.

I suppose I should ask the founder at some point if they want me to use my wife's account to just let people in so the alliance can be built up and perhaps compete.

Thanks! I can do 700! I've submitted my request to join it, just let me know if I qualify and if 700 is the number, akilshohen.

zulux21

Thanks! I can do 700! I've submitted my request to join it, just let me know if I qualify and if 700 is the number, akilshohen.

since the event ends tomorrow morning I am just gonna make the call to add you to see if the gaf-kanda alliance can get higher up... so when you join just buy a new slot via options. If the founder has issues they can yell at me later :p but alas I think the point is just to fill the alliance with gaf members :p

edit: heh adding you bumped the alliance from 3.5k to around 1.4k in the rankings :p

zulux21

PVE so far is aimless.

yup...
also wow my wife has (had) 84 (81)health packs lol.
I'm gonna be in charge of her account for the next week while she is visiting her family and dealing with a funeral.... she is going to be so sad when she comes back to 5 >.>;

NomarTyme

yup...
I'm gonna be in charge of her account for the next week while she is visiting her family and dealing with a funeral.... she is going to be so sad when she comes back to 5 >.>;

Juggling between two accounts? have fun!... seems like you will!

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
since the event ends tomorrow morning I am just gonna make the call to add you to see if the gaf-kanda alliance can get higher up... so when you join just buy a new slot via options. If the founder has issues they can yell at me later :p but alas I think the point is just to fill the alliance with gaf members :p

edit: heh adding you bumped the alliance from 3.5k to around 1.4k in the rankings :p

Thanks! I purchased the seventh slot. Awesome to hear my previously earned points contributed for this event. I was afraid they wouldn't, though I suppose that wouldn't make any sense for pvp events at least.

Spoit

yup...

These last couple events brought me back below 20 :(

Also, thank god phantron didn't get a mod position on the official forums, he just rubs me the wrong way.

zulux21

Juggling between two accounts? have fun!... seems like you will!

yup, though it's going to be hard to get her a human torch given she is missing the new cap... part of the reason I am trying to build up the new alliance... so she has a chance of getting the new 3 stars that way so she can properly compete in a month or so.

it kind of sucks how much of a chain reaction of suck you get if you fail to get one of the 3 stars..

as missing one means in the next 3 star event you can't get like half the points which means you miss out on the next one and so on :/

These last couple events brought me back below 20 :(

Also, thank god phantron didn't get a mod position on the official forums, he just rubs me the wrong way.

I am rarely above 10 health packs.. I am usually at 5-8 lol

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
I'm by and large critical of the game's microtransaction model, but the Alliance system is a really smart way to encourage a significant portion of the player base to spend some cash. It's the first time I've spent money since my character slots cost $1.50 or $2.

I think the game would've been far more profitable if their system didn't rely so strongly on whales. There's absolutely no justification for the normal player to spend money on iso as it's priced, and I think it's a fairly limited pool that will spend it on GP once slots costs more than a few hundred gold. A better solution might have been to leave gold in place as it is, but allow players to spend directly against slots and tokens. They could then charge a flat $2 or whatever for slots, which I think they'd sell at an incredible volume. For a game that sees such an active player base, there needs to be some basic things people feel encouraged to buy without breaking the game.

raiot

I also want to join gaf kanada (Although I'm from Germany...) Whats the cost and how do I pay you? My screen name is raiod

zulux21

I also want to join gaf kanada (Although I'm from Germany...) Whats the cost and how do I pay you? My screen name is raiod

i'd PM akilshohen
the cost is going to be 800 HP i believe or around $6.70 if you don't have the HP to spare. If you have the HP to spare I could add you under my wife's account and have you buy the next slot if you are interested (and don't take to long to respond because I am heading to bed soon :p I should be back in 7 hours or so though.). If you need someone to buy hp akilshohen would need to be involved because I don't know their end goals (I am just assuming getting a bunch of gaf members is the goal) but beyond that whether they want to buy a bunch of hp and slowly get payments from people is something I don't know. If they aren't up for it, I could offer to do stuff via paypal (as I plan to work actively to help my wife's account... though at the same time I won't let my gaf-vengers stats drop... aka YAY PUZZLE QUEST)

it helps it's baseball season now... thus a game like puzzle quest will be perfect during the games.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
The GAF-vengers alliance is doing well, top 60 for fearless defenders and top 30 for the unstable iso event. I'm gunning for top 25 and top 10 respectively, going to give the fearless event one last push!

Sadist

Ha, got a red Hulk out of a one star recruit token. And if it works out, I'll get a green hulk in the event. Cool cool cool.

zulux21

If GAF-kanda approves me I'll buy the next slot. username is petmis
im going to give raiot 30 min to respond here as he asked first and should get the lower costing slot (but I want another person in before the event ends)
Yeah, I'm raiod, and I will buy the next slot if someone wants to join. Should I buy it right away?

I am going to appologize right here and now if you aren't around in the next 30 min and don't get the 800 hp slot due to me going to bed last night... hopefully you show up otherwise unfortunately it will be a 900 slot since petmis is around (but I will try to make it up to you with some random free steam games ^^;)

zulux21

That's fair, I'm cool with that, thanks :)

cool... if he doesn't pop back in in 7 minutes my plan is to add you and have you buy a slot right away, and then add him (but not give him the ability to add slots at this time so if he has an issue with the higher price we can remove him) and at the very least get him the 50ap the second alliance is set to get.

it is looking like with a few more people though the second alliance could compete with gaf-vengers... would be fun if gaf could have two alliances constantly in the top 10 :p

edit: ok you are in, please buy the next slot in the next 15 minutes so raiot can get in and get the awards as well ^^

petmis

cool... if he doesn't pop back in in 7 minutes my plan is to add you and have you buy a slot right away, and then add him (but not give him the ability to add slots at this time so if he has an issue with the higher price we can remove him) and at the very least get him the 50ap the second alliance is set to get.

it is looking like with a few more people though the second alliance could compete with gaf-vengers... would be fun if gaf could have two alliances constantly in the top 10 :p

Ok, I'm in and I've bought the next slot. I'm not sure how this alliance stuff works as far as adding members so I guess I'l leave that up to you .

Thanks again for the add, I'll do my best to help out

N/M just noticed how it's done and I added him. Also bought another slot just because.

zulux21

N/M just noticed how it's done and I added him. Also bought another slot just because.

so looking at the main event gaf-kanda is currently just below the threshold for a human torch... if kanda can get a few more members, getting 3 stars from the alliance will be easily possible.

on the fun side of things currently gaf-kanda has a much better points per person on average then gaf-vengers :p

Askani

I was at about #20 on the Fearless event, but I was just spinning my wheels. I was trying my damnedest to get top 10, but I would win a match for 20 and get attacked for -15 to -20 after I collected my rewards. 20 was about the maximum I could pull from a win. I said f it and and I shielded with 30 minutes left. So in the long run, for 25 HP I got an extra 1000 ISO. I saw we were 50th over all with one alliance within 20 points and another within 40 as time was running out, so I started a battle with <1min left and won. Hopefully we kept our top 50 spot.

I can help with the kanda alliance if you need it, but can't really afford another slot atm with all these new charas coming out.

This next pvp will be brutal patch on patch.

zulux21

Yo man, I got top 50 and I had to fight non stop in Top Tier MMR sooo I did my best. You wouldn't think a guy with a lvl 115 Patch would get attacked so much but everyone has a lvl 100 Spidey so what do I know?

I got a top 50 for both my account and my wife's account lol.
I was trying to get a top 10 for my wife as she needs a lot more with hulk than I do, but alas I couldn't quite get there.

Nice work, gang! I think unbuffed PVP is probably my worst possible performance, but I should do better this time!

Are people leveling up their Hulk Black all the way to 5? Seems a little risk/rewardy!

zulux21

Nice work, gang! I think unbuffed PVP is probably my worst possible performance, but I should do better this time!

Are people leveling up their Hulk Black all the way to 5? Seems a little risk/rewardy!
the only time my hulk gets hit tends to be when he is the last man standing... so yeah I am going that way, since his anger tiles + any strike tiles = lots of pain :p
Bought a Slot for 1000!
cool, don't forget to check your PMs :p

Sadist

Man, two star Wolverine is powered up @ lvl 169. Knocks out two star Thor in one shot with his red attack.

Hmmm... maybe I should level up my Patch now.

Top Bottom