• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

So Human Torch and 3-star Daken are coming. With Daken being one of my most used characters, I dunno if I should be scared or excited by a gold version.

Askani

...aaaaand still no word on a fix for iPhone 4 users.

I spent real money on this game, but $5 for several months of enjoyment is worth it.

I'm out!

Update for the game:

"Fixes an issue preventing iPhone 4 and similar devices running game when using iOS 7.1"

Maybe you're fixed?

animus82

Banned
Oh, for real? 3* Daken is going to be insane. And even at max level he's not going to take purple away from OBW.

I would rather Daken take hits for matching a purple then OBW even if that means you lose out on the espionage.

3 Star Daken will make everyone use him. Get ready for Patch, 3 Star Daken and Spiderman to be the top tier team.

A team that you can't kill.

zulux21

So Human Torch and 3-star Daken are coming. With Daken being one of my most used characters, I dunno if I should be scared or excited by a gold version.

where did you see this?
man... 3 star dakan is going to be a huge pain... but it will be another legit choice to go with my widow and patch.

zulux21

Holy crap it works. Thanks! I'm glad I didn't unsubscribe yet.

if you are in the alliance you should have some random rewards as you don't actually need to participate to get alliance rewards lol
beyond that join us as we march towards lazy caption :p

awe man why can't the alliance award be the black black panther instead of the yellow one... now I have to try to grind to number 10 or higher as I really want his black move :/

heh... gotta love this game...
doing match after match that I should have issues with and coast to an easy win...
decide to do a match that I should easily win and get destroyed lulz

animus82

Banned
if you are in the alliance you should have some random rewards as you don't actually need to participate to get alliance rewards lol
beyond that join us as we march towards lazy caption :p

awe man why can't the alliance award be the black black panther instead of the yellow one... now I have to try to grind to number 10 or higher as I really want his black move :/

heh... gotta love this game...
doing match after match that I should have issues with and coast to an easy win...
decide to do a match that I should easily win and get destroyed lulz

LAST six or seven hours of the PVP tourney? Guess that means it's time for the AI to turn on the WTFBBQ cascades and cause me to lose 2 matches in a row.

zulux21

LAST six or seven hours of the PVP tourney? Guess that means it's time for the AI to turn on the WTFBBQ cascades and cause me to lose 2 matches in a row.

yeah, I am close to reaching my goal in the pvp... so I will likely just shield soon....
I doubt anyone will have complaints about me adding 700 points >.>;

there we go... if we don't get yellow patch I blame someone else >.>
7N8nk.jpg

i really wish 3 stars still sold for some HP >.> I have nothing better to do with my patch covers then sell the non yellow ones lol

I am torn though... I would love my patch to heal all the time, but at the same time I love the pure damage and will be hard to reduce either red or green.

in different news I still love how broken the oasis is with thor and 1 star storm
who says a level 50 and 85 can't easily handle level 219s >.>

dat final without them having another turn :p

I've been hanging back in the PVP tourney until now (100 points or so). Now I'm about to pour in 600-700 if possible. My patch is full on yellow, but I need red and green. So here we go!

zulux21

I've been hanging back in the PVP tourney until now (100 points or so). Now I'm about to pour in 600-700 if possible. My patch is full on yellow, but I need red and green. So here we go!

I think I have gotten something like 7 green and 8 red for my patch... only gotten 2 yellow total though lol.
the last yellow though... a level 141 will be glorious :3

I do hope that you have a decently scary team though, we are in that 8 hour window so attacks will likely be a bit more frequent... once we get to that 3 hour window it will be really rough. I think I just care if I get a top 25 though so I should be fine... ill likely end with a top 10

oddly enough the only reason i went for 700 points is because i needed that cover to complete my 2 star mags, plus I wanted to help get that yellow patch since I need him as well to semi complete patch.

zulux21

New characters coming:
- Human Torch (Classic): The second of the Fantastic 4 to come to Marvel Puzzle Quest brings with him awesome flame based powers. Fireballs that deal damage and break up the board, Infernos that amp up the attack abilities of his allies, and Flame Jets that deal damage over time but sap the AP of the team are all abilities that will change the face of combats he's involved in.
- Daken (Classic): This version of Daken is a new Gold character that utilizes tweaked versions of his current abilities to wreak more havoc on the battlefield. Increased healing and deadlier Strike tiles are among the tools that Daken (Classic) will bring to the table.
New Events:
- The next Episode is coming soon! New storylines and characters are coming to the Marvel Puzzle Quest Universe.
human torch sounds like he could be ok (wonder if he is a 4 star)
daken will be useful... but it doesn't sound like he will get a 3rd move which is just super lame... if you are going to gold a 2 move character at least give him his 3rd move at the same time :/

Last time I looked we were sitting at 18/20... if you apply I could add you... and if someone else doesn't like it they could kick you >.>;

Great. I was one of the original five before the game shit the bed, so I might still be in there. If not I'll give it a go.

Gafvengers. Right?

zulux21

Same as here, TurboLibre.

kk just let me know when you have applied... as I don't see you right now :p
on the plus side you still 4.5 hours to catch up in the current events, which should be enough time to place decently in all 3.

edit: I saw you and added you now :p

NomarTyme

human torch sounds like he could be ok (wonder if he is a 4 star)
daken will be useful... but it doesn't sound like he will get a 3rd move which is just super lame... if you are going to gold a 2 move character at least give him his 3rd move at the same time :/

3rd move would be dangerous. I'm fine with this...

zulux21

3rd move would be dangerous. I'm fine with this...

I think a third move that did something like destroy all strike tiles deal X damage per could be interesting >.>; though since it would be a green move, and it's daken... maybe do that but give the enemy 1 blue for strike tile destroyed :p

in general I wish he was given a third move and changed in general... these lazy characters are just a pain... take up roster slots and i barely have motivation to go after them :/

NomarTyme

I think a third move that did something like destroy all strike tiles deal X damage per could be interesting >.>; though since it would be a green move, and it's daken... maybe do that but give the enemy 1 blue for strike tile destroyed :p

in general I wish he was given a third move and changed in general... these lazy characters are just a pain... take up roster slots and i barely have motivation to go after them :/

IceX stated the reason for these lazy characters is to give developers more time for to develop other characters....

I'm personally waiting for Gold OBW :x

zulux21

IceX stated the reason for these lazy characters is to give developers more time for to develop other characters....

I'm personally waiting for Gold OBW :x
yeah i read that... and it's a stupid reason... just let them take their time in general... don't flood the rosters with half assed characters that make the game feel more like a cash grab then it already does :/

also screw gold obw... lets go for broke.... lets do a gold version of 1 star storm >.>

kk just let me know when you have applied... as I don't see you right now :p
on the plus side you still 4.5 hours to catch up in the current events, which should be enough time to place decently in all 3.

edit: I saw you and added you now :p

Already #2 on the Hard level.

I PLAY FOR KEEPS!

NomarTyme

yeah i read that... and it's a stupid reason... just let them take their time in general... don't flood the rosters with half assed characters that make the game feel more like a cash grab then it already does :/

also screw gold obw... lets go for broke.... lets do a gold version of 1 star storm >.>

Gold storm would be godly.

Spoit

I'm feeling lazy, dunno if I want to push, since I doubt I can get top 10 in either sub, but on the other hand, am unlikely to fall out of the top 50. And I'm still top 20 in the main, and there only seems to be a negligible difference between top 10 and 60 there

Askani

I got hit with some unlucky cascades and al my guys are wiped out and so are my health packs...and I'm not spending HP to get more.

I'm 5th and 6th right now. Before I started I was hoping to stay top 5 for both at the end, but with 10 minutes left that looks slim.

zulux21

i did all i could in hard to keep us in the top 25... I took down one of the events in 60 seconds by boosting my way to a second turn patch green strike of uber pain for my team lol.

also as assumed the 4th round is lazy thor boosted

NomarTyme

Wow they jack up Thor. Good meat shield.

i did all i could in hard to keep us in the top 25... I took down one of the events in 60 seconds by boosting my way to a second turn patch green strike of uber pain for my team lol.

also as assumed the 4th round is lazy thor boosted
Managed to get top 50.

shaowebb

Got top 50. Close though...so I'm hoping no one who was on my tail got me as I pulled out a last minute win at rank 43 to try and maintain.

Had top 3 in the PVE on one and Top 15 on the other. Had to let em slide to pursue the Thor PVP for Patch covers.

Currently ranked 48 in the event itself and thats at least a cover for Steve Rogers. Not bad. Hope to see a couple Patch covers soon...hate to find out I got dropped out at last second point grabbing.

Arrg, I landed #12 and 10 was just 7 points ahead of me. So just a green Patch instead of red and green. Oh well, now I'm 1/1/5 on him instead of 0/1/5.

Bummer that golden Thor is the new bonus character... The fact I don't have him is gonna make it tough to stay in the running for a Steve.

NomarTyme

Wait what? Da fuck man if there's an earthquake stop posting on GAF!

lol its was a puny 5.3. Lasted for 4 seconds.

Arrg, I landed #12 and 10 was just 7 points ahead of me. So just a green Patch instead of red and green. Oh well, now I'm 1/1/5 on him instead of 0/1/5.

Bummer that golden Thor is the new bonus character... The fact I don't have him is gonna make it tough to stay in the running for a Steve.

Real tough.

zulux21

well you can get him from stanard tokens... if you are feeling really lucky you could burn some iso there.

Noooooo why you fail me iso... so close... yet so far @_@

Yeah and my two "highly trained" tokens were crap draws too: A two star wolverine that I DID need, but... eh. And the other was an Ares yellow. My Ares is 0/0/5yellow! Ah well. At least we're in a good spot on the overall PvE event as an alliance, so hopefully we'll all get the blue Steves at least.

shaowebb

lol its was a puny 5.3. Lasted for 4 seconds.

p3EgfxQ.jpg

Earth starts dancin' the tootsie roll under my feet I prioritize gettin' off the forums and getting someplace more secure man. Go. The internet will be there later dude. Get someplace secure in case of aftershocks or in case this was the precursor.

zulux21

Yeah and my two "highly trained" tokens were crap draws too: A two star wolverine that I DID need, but... eh. And the other was an Ares yellow. My Ares is 0/0/5yellow! Ah well. At least we're in a good spot on the overall PvE event as an alliance, so hopefully we'll all get the blue Steves at least.

we should... which is all I really care about... it's not like I will use the character unless forced to. (I should end up with the other two covers based on my personal ranking though, so mine should have 1 of each color)

Top Bottom