• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

komarkaze

When I picked up my rewards, I saw that I should have received 3 Heroic covers. But after hitting ok all those times, it only says I have 1 Heroic cover. What the hell? I was top 10 in one event and top 20 in the other. I was top 50 for the overall so I got two Steve Rogers covers.

I pulled a three star Thor from a standard recruit token. So that was nice.

Much like the rest of my three stars he will sit untouched until they start dishing out his cards.

NineH

Is this our best finish as an alliance? I don't remember Gaf-Vengers placing this high before so we are making great progress then.

zulux21

Is this our best finish as an alliance? I don't remember Gaf-Vengers placing this high before so we are making great progress then.

it helps that we aren't playing 2 members down anymore.
for the longest time we only had 18 members... which for an event like this meant like 400k less points then we would have had with 2 more decent members.

Did you get a steve rogers cover for the overall event for Alliances.

It said top 10 for us but I didn't get anything.

we got top 50 as an alliance in the main event, just got the cover myself.
we had a top 10 in the simulator round.

pray that someone wants to leave or that they add a way to expand the roster more... as we are full up 20/20

Considering that after purchasing my 34th slot I'm down to like....300 hero points I think it might be time to start a new clan.
with gambling and hookers etc. etc.

The way they dish out prizes is weird. Thirty minutes after everything ended I started getting weird pieces of the rewards, and a couple hours later and I still don't think I have my rewards for the Hard Simulation. Is it this wonky for everyone else?

it helps that we aren't playing 2 members down anymore.
for the longest time we only had 18 members... which for an event like this meant like 400k less points then we would have had with 2 more decent members.

I came in really late too. Managed to get a very high rank on the first round I made it in. I was screwed with the second because all the good battles required Modern Thor.

WHOOOOOOO!!!

So after all the dust has settled, here's my roster:
C Storm 63
Thor 63
Wolvie 63
Hood 63
OBW 63
Patch 63
DD 63
Ares 62
Cap 62
MHawkz 62
MN Mags 62
Moonstone 62
Bagmun 62
Punisher 62
Spidey 62
GBW 62
Bullseye 62
Daken 62
IM40 62
Hulk 62
X-Force Logan 62
IW 62
Golden Thor 53
Loki 51
Ragz 51
IM35 50
Storm 50
Black Panther 50
Doom 50
Psylocke 43
BW 40
Hawkz 40
Jugz 40
Venom 40
Yelena 40
Magz 28
Golden Cap 20

I know I don't perform super great in PVP, YET. But I'm finally at a level where I can really stand up to any team and at least hang in there, do my part.

PVE, I finished at around 270k, so yeah, super glad they're including Alliance Stuff there because I am definitely pulling my weight as far as that goes.

zulux21

WHOOOOOOO!!!

So after all the dust has settled, here's my roster:

I gave up at the whole leveling evenly thing..
my roster
7R1eX.jpg

7R1g6.jpg

7R1gM.jpg

also it seems like the only move that really changed for captain is the blue (just like yellow was the only one that really changed for lazy thor)
Peacemaker - Blue 12 AP
Captain America gallantly launches his shield at the enemy. Stuns the target for 2 turns and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Blue AP.
Level Upgrades
Level 2 – Converts to a strength 17 Protect tile when activated. Returns 9 Blue AP.
Level 3 - Can target strike. protect, attack, and web tiles. Protect strength increased to 27.
Level 4 - Returns 10 Blue AP. Protect strength increased to 37.
Level 5 - Can target any tile. Protect strength increased to 48.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like I'm missing out, not being part of an alliance but going in on certain events. It's basically free rewards left on the table.

NomarTyme

I like to thank everybody for contributing to the alliances. Got a lot of ISOs and HP for your efforts.

I feel like I'm missing out, not being part of an alliance but going in on certain events. It's basically free rewards left on the table.
Yep, it definitely worth joining an alliance. I suggest you go to the D3 forum and find yourself a alliance or join 2nd gaf alliance.

nah I was tired, and I wanted to get up to do a run at the main event this morning so... lets see what spot I got.

sweet I guess 10th place got greedy and fell below me mwa ha ha

Nice! I need to decide if I should invest all my iso in to him with only 5/3/4 configuration. I think I'll wait for the last black cover... I might not get one for long while though.

sibarraz

Banned
I had a fairly postive balance after this event.

Before the event I had 0 wolverines, but now thanks to drops I had one of level 69 and an x-force which appeared in the events token. Also I had 4 patch woverines and 2 steve rogers. Without my examn I could have gotten a third but oh well. Also had a 75 modern hawekeye and an invisible woman

zulux21

Nice! I need to decide if I should invest all my iso in to him with only 5/3/4 configuration. I think I'll wait for the last black cover... I might not get one for long while though.

I am hoping they run a few more events with panther soon, and that I can collect a few more covers for him as if I can get 4 black covers on him and enough of the others to get him to level 100 or so I am likely to actually buy his 5th black cover, as him partnered with patch and OBW is going to be so freaken deadly even if it mostly kills off my widows espionage @_@

NomarTyme

I am hoping they run a few more events with panther soon, and that I can collect a few more covers for him as if I can get 4 black covers on him and enough of the others to get him to level 100 or so I am likely to actually buy his 5th black cover, as him partnered with patch and OBW is going to be so freaken deadly even if it mostly kills off my widows espionage @_@

Yeah imagine if you drop a berserker rage and then his a rage of panther.... fucking devastating.

zulux21

Yeah imagine if you drop a berserker rage and then his a rage of panther.... fucking devastating.

well the two colors I always have a lot of that I don't use with my main team are yellow and black... panther has two skills that not only match those skills but are really good.

BJK

Is GAF-kanda a 3rd NeoGAF alliance?

(Casual, Free player / thread lurker. I'd be willing to pay for the next open spot in GAF-men with some of my extra Hero Points....if it's not too expensive.)

I hate passing up free rewards just because I'm still playing solo.

In-game name: Freemium

23/23 Roster
2-star Cap, Thor, & Wolverine maxed out; slow-leveling Hawkeye & Black Widow...and a few others
3-star Hulk (Lv. 79), Black Widow (66), Punisher (53), Iron Man (51), Ragnarok (42), Magneto (38), Spider-Man (30), Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Loki, Hood, Patch (all @ Lv. 18)
4-star Wolverine (Lv. 71)

Let me know if anyone's recruiting.

NomarTyme

we are super low on the alliance range, will we try to get some hulks?
I think most of the gaffers enter the tournament pretty late, so I just assume we'll make a late push. I really hope that is the case because I want that black hulk cover.

well the two colors I always have a lot of that I don't use with my main team are yellow and black... panther has two skills that not only match those skills but are really good.

Yellow color is meh, but its better that none thing.

zulux21

I started one called GAF-Kanda...join up. Still less than 5 at the moment.

I had my wife's account apply (selya72)
she isn't technically a member of gaf (she just reads over my shoulder... a lot) but she has a team that is on par with the members that are already in it, and I would like her to be in an alliance so she could earn some extra rewards (she has no motivation to search one out)

if you don't want her in it that is fine as well.
she at least gets her daily, and usually gets 300 points or so in any given event (enough to get the token then stops caring)

Fjord

Great job guys on event guys.

My overall placement got me two more OBW covers which is a massive boost. The pvp events have been really tough, I can chain together fast wins against big teams but with a level 45 widow 50 storm I'm THE target. Last week I jumped into top 5 then was attacked seven times during my next battle.

I had my wife's account apply (selya72)
she isn't technically a member of gaf (she just reads over my shoulder... a lot) but she has a team that is on par with the members that are already in it, and I would like her to be in an alliance so she could earn some extra rewards (she has no motivation to search one out)

if you don't want her in it that is fine as well.
she at least gets her daily, and usually gets 300 points or so in any given event (enough to get the token then stops caring)
She's in

I hopped in, since I missed the boat on the other two
What's your SN? Just so I know who you are. I just added 3 people.

What's the buy-in?
I just got 3 requests and added them all. Full up now, so the next slot is 600 now.

Aside from myself (akilshohen) and Seiya72, there's Komakaze, Freemium and Bonbu. Just let me know who you are.

raiot

So if any alliance has a place for me, this is my rooster:

Magneto classic 82 5/2/5
Ragnarok 82 4/5
Punisher 72 2/3/5
Spiderman 70 2/5/2
Hulk 66 5/1/2
Wolverine 2star 64 5/5/3
Storm classic 62 5/5/3
Loki 50 3/3
Ares 49 4/4/5
Thor 49 4/5/4
Psylocke 45 2/1/3
Hawkeye 42 3/5/5
Iron Man m40 42 3/3/1
OBW 40 3/4/4
Hood 34 5/3/1
Invisible Woman 34 1/1/0
Magneto Now 33 4/1/4
Moonstone 32 5/4/4
Cap 30 3/5/5
GSBW 30 2/2/1
Wolv X 1/0/0
Doom 28 2/1
Thor 3* 28 0/1/2
Daredevil 18 2/0/3
Patches 0/2/3 (cant get this green cover )

shaowebb

We need to step it up on the current event guys. We only need top 100 to get a black hulk cover (the one where he retaliates and starts producing green cascades every time he's hit).

We are at 103.

Im ranked 5 and climbing in mine right now. Pour it on guys...Hulk suddenly becomes a MAJOR player the second he gets black covers and they are one of the hardest covers to come by. Generally all you ever get is Green covers. Lets do this. Can you imagine Modern Hawkeye's dodge ability paired with a Hulk? Dude would jump out of the way of everything you tried on him meaning you can't off him before his arrows pop and for your troubles you accidently piss off The Hulk and get wrecked. Place Ares as a third for a better way to spend all that Green and its ridiculous. Also I'm not even certain who I'd try to use vs an Ares/Hulk/Thor team...Either stunlock them or just not play em.

We need to step it up on the current event guys. We only need top 100 to get a black hulk cover (the one where he retaliates and starts producing green cascades every time he's hit).

We are at 103.

Im ranked 5 and climbing in mine right now. Pour it on guys...Hulk suddenly becomes a MAJOR player the second he gets black covers and they are one of the hardest covers to come by. Generally all you ever get is Green covers. Lets do this. Can you imagine Modern Hawkeye's dodge ability paired with a Hulk? Dude would jump out of the way of everything you tried on him meaning you can't off him before his arrows pop and for your troubles you accidently piss off The Hulk and get wrecked. Place Ares as a third for a better way to spend all that Green and its ridiculous. Also I'm not even certain who I'd try to use vs an Ares/Hulk/Thor team...Either stunlock them or just not play em.

I'm tryin' my hardest, mayn!

NpljiXT.jpg

sibarraz

Banned
The steve rogers is easy until that hard event. I can't do that much since the gangster fucks constantly my strategy and the 2 nukers deal too much damage

It doesn't help that I had the yellow and blue powers of steve rogers. But I'm missing the red one which is pretty awesome

Does anyone here still need fb friends? I have 3, but 2 of them have been inactive for maybe 2 or 3 months now. I dunno if I should replace them or not?

The points dried up quick on this event. Should I just wait? Every time I slum it in the sub 100 point area, it always feels like I'm just wasting my time. Not sure how these systems work. And is this the only event we have for six days? Or does it branch out at some point?

And this heros PvP doesn't like me at all. I've made some progress but these pieces are conspiring against me.

animus82

Banned

We are at 103.

I dont know what happened but I'm now in a higher MMR and I'm in the 3 Star's only ranks. Well 3 stars and OBW. I'll do my best but I get hurt a lot and my OBW goes down a lot.

Askani

We are at 103.

<comment redacted>

EDIT :::::

Derp. Wires crossed on events. I'll start later this evening and try to push for top 10 as I only have green covers for Hulk. Trying to get a later bracket to help out with that.

Top Bottom