• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

It's not one of those where it forces you to use a certain one for a certain node?

it indeed is, (which I always found it stupid you can face any of them on a given node instead of just the locked node)
perhaps it's just me but i typically only play on one of the nodes in an event like this unless I get full party wiped lol

in different news I think my final build on patch is going to be 5/4/4 as it fits my play style with him the best :p

anyways off to work I go, if there is anyone wanting to join gaf-kanda and the founder of the alliance isn't around I can assist with that when I get home in 7 hours.

in different news I think my final build on patch is going to be 5/4/4 as it fits my play style with him the best :p

I went with a safer 3-5-5.

It makes easy to "clean" the negative tiles of green.
It gives max damage on red (and the negative tiles of red are only half damage than the positive ones)
And gives full regen.

This PVE event is a piece of cake with a 141 Patch (plus 85 OBW and 85 Thor). And the past PVE event was also very easy with a 85 Ares.

animus82

Banned
I went with a safer 3-5-5.

It makes easy to "clean" the negative tiles of green.
It gives max damage on red (and the negative tiles of red are only half damage than the positive ones)
And gives full regen.

This PVE event is a piece of cake with a 141 Patch (plus 85 OBW and 85 Thor). And the past PVE event was also very easy with a 85 Ares.

Pffff, go HAM on that Patch bro and do a 5/3/5.

I'm tellin ya, you will only kill (or really hurt your team) yourself like 25% of the time.

I have 1150 G. Without Steve Rogers I cannot do a couple of the PVE encounters. Is it worth taking a shot or two at the 200 G Super Soldier pack?

NomarTyme

Alliances
- S.H.I.E.L.D. code hackers have subverted a portion of H.A.M.M.E.R. communications frequencies that have enabled them to allow Agents that are in Alliances to talk directly to one another. Alliance Chat may be accessed from within the Alliance tab.
- Alliance Leaderboards now occupy their own tab instead of using multiple taps to get there.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. has improved their Alliance member tracking technology and now allows members to view the individual Event scores within an Alliance.
- The top three Alliance players in an Event are indicated by trophies next to their names on the Alliance Leaderboards. S.H.I.E.L.D. congratulates the top performers!
UI
- Scrolling on any supported menu screen now accelerates depending on the strength of the swipe used.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents using PC interfaces may use their mouse wheel to scroll through supported menu screens.
- Selling a rewarded 1*/2* character from the Rewards Cache has been streamlined to show only one popup to show the sell price. 3*/4* star characters still have a two popup system to confirm the sale.
- The Critical tile is now more gem-like and better displays that it works with all varied colors.
Misc
- The download size of the application on iOS has been reduced to under 100MB to allow users on cellular networks to download the app. Additional assets will be downloaded in the background while the game is running.

This should be fun.

zulux21

I can help with the kanda alliance if you need it, but can't really afford another slot atm with all these new charas coming out.

This next pvp will be brutal patch on patch.

are you tonner... or who is tonner?

I am trying to find the alliance but it says no results match...
EDIT: Never mind, I found it. I have joined! And I still have G to go looking for Steve Rogers! Or am I supposed to do something with it first?

you must be tonner :p
the way building the alliance works is after you join we ask you buy the next slot (in this case it would be 1100 HP) which would make it so you don't have enough for a hunt of steve... but on the flip side with a few more people in the alliance it's likely you will get one from the wolverine event.

if you are cool with buying the next slot I will add and promote you.

So glad to see my Alliance talking off :)

and I am glad you don't mind me actively pouring fuel on it :p

zulux21

:( one of my best friends play on steam and I on fb, is a drag
im not even sure what it does aside from it would allow me to assist my wife in doing better :/

hmmm that wolverine event ends at a crummy time for me....
I wonder how much time there will be between the time when my wife leaves, and when the event ends... I might have to get myself up a bit tonight and tomorrow night so I can get my wife a captain on her account since she is missing one (I think I can manage top 50 on both that way as my patch should be scary enough to help me avoid getting attacked to much).

sibarraz

Banned
I'm discussing with a friend about if this game is popular or not. He was surprised to know that we are divided on brackets in the PVE and PVP

Is there an estmation of how many actual players has this game? (not downloads)

zulux21

I'm discussing with a friend about if this game is popular or not. He was surprised to know that we are divided on brackets in the PVE and PVP

Is there an estmation of how many actual players has this game? (not downloads)

I think there is like 10-15k highly active players (players that play seriously in every event)... obviously there is over 2 million downloads in general

also... holy balls my patch is level 281 in the new event lol.

Fjord

Is matchmaking/brackets to some extent based off your highest level character? Should I be careful pushing one over 85?

zulux21

Is matchmaking/brackets to some extent based off your highest level character? Should I be careful pushing one over 85?

One of the mods over on the forums has said a few times that your actual team level doesn't matter much (so it might matter a little) it seems most of the stuff is based off how often you win, and how quickly you win... and maybe even how often you take the best move.

I'll also put it this way, I have a level 141 patch, and in most of the events I for the most part just see two star teams until I get up over 600 points.

Spoit

I need to figure out the new way to tank. Even though I've been throwing lightning rounds and only got top 100 last tournament, I'm still seeing walls of 141s

Gotchaye

I need to figure out the new way to tank. Even though I've been throwing lightning rounds and only got top 100 last tournament, I'm still seeing walls of 141s

I'm still seeing a bunch of 2* teams, often not at max level, just doing the usual thing. Barely saw any 3* characters getting up to 300 points in the Wolverine tournament before putting in a tank team.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Ouch this Logan event hurts me since I haven't focused it in my line up, top 25 so far. On the otherhand, the iso event top 2 should be easy.

shaowebb

I can't compete in the logan event. I have a few covers, but no levels on the one I got after I sold the one I had maxed during the buy back to power level Thor/Daken. No regrets honestly. That was when I started to consistently number 1 and thats how I landed all my current levels and covers.

Join a tourney in the first few seconds it starts (literally) and win a match against lvl1 bots with your own lvl1s or whatever lowest lvls you have.

are you tonner... or who is tonner?

you must be tonner :p
the way building the alliance works is after you join we ask you buy the next slot (in this case it would be 1100 HP) which would make it so you don't have enough for a hunt of steve... but on the flip side with a few more people in the alliance it's likely you will get one from the wolverine event.

if you are cool with buying the next slot I will add and promote you.

Yep, I want to follow protocol so please do whatever needs to be done so I can buy the next slot. Especially while I can still afford it :).

Wow. X-force Wolveriene sucks. I have him at ~50 and he's buffed to over level 80, and he's still worthless. You would think 4* charcters would be amazing, but both of them can't hold their own even at higher levels.

zulux21

Wow. X-force Wolveriene sucks. I have him at ~50 and he's buffed to over level 80, and he's still worthless. You would think 4* charcters would be amazing, but both of them can't hold their own even at higher levels.

inviso woman looks at least usable now (she was super bad before her buff) but yeah x-force is bad... patch easily destroys him.

are there any other people that want in an alliance and are willing to spend some HP to get into one?
the gaf-kanda alliance is likely only a person or two away from likely getting a human torch as an alliance reward.

zulux21

There was one pve event where you fought a lvl150 or so xforce. His strike tiles did +18 damage *yawn*.

yeah, that's a major issue.... i mean at max covers he places 13 strike tiles in one go... by the wiki unboosted they only do 15 extra damage per tile, or total 185 plus damage... the two star wolverine needs 6 red and 6 green (or some variation that nets you 4 strike tiles) to surpass that, and while patch places tiles for the enemy as well, he stomps all over that damage number.

given the rarity of the xforce wolverine, and how hard it would be to get a max character... having his strike tiles be 10 times more powerful still wouldn't arguably completely break the move. it would be very very strong then but it would still be a 15 green move from a 4 star, it should be scary.

it doesn't help that his heal move is complete garbage, and his red move is about on par with a level 85 two star wolverine with 5 red covers... sure 2 star doesn't destroy rows, but it cost 3 less red and does about the same damage :/

zulux21

I have a 2-star Thor max leveled at 5/4/4 and I just got a yellow card for him. What's the suggested build out for him?

something/5 YELLOW/ something

really doesn't matter to much if you go red or green. Some go red because they are using green as a battery, some go green because of the higher damage... it really depends on what you want to do with thor, but hands down you want 5 yellow, that is the YOU MUST DO one :p

inviso woman looks at least usable now (she was super bad before her buff) but yeah x-force is bad... patch easily destroys him.

Usable is a far from from a legendary though. And while her powers are pretty good, they take way too long to build for how much HP she has. Sure her invisible power is potentially really good, but when are you going to have 18 yellow built up? There are lots of characters that will make better use of it in a fraction of the time.

zulux21

Usable is a far from from a legendary though. And while her powers are pretty good, they take way too long to build for how much HP she has. Sure her invisible power is potentially really good, but when are you going to have 18 yellow built up? There are lots of characters that will make better use of it in a fraction of the time.

I have 18 yellow built up in almost any given match I do that is at level 60 or higher :p
but that is because my A team doesn't use yellow and my B team is a battery that gets 20 plus of every element lol.

zulux21

It's me.. how does this work.. when I'm in do I buy the next slot to open up?

yup that is how we have been doing it, the next slot i think is 1200hp
if that's cool I can add you to it (and it will be very close to competing for 3 star covers in the big event if not actually competing for it.)

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
yup that is how we have been doing it, the next slot i think is 1200hp
if that's cool I can add you to it (and it will be very close to competing for 3 star covers in the big event if not actually competing for it.)

Go for it.. I'm down.

It's the only chance I'll have to compete for better covers.. 3-stars are just too hard to come by without paying.

zulux21

Go for it.. I'm down.

It's the only chance I'll have to compete for better covers.. 3-stars are just too hard to come by without paying.

alright I promoted you so just buy the 12th slot.

edit: it's so much harder to do well in the wolverine tourniment without a level 281 patch lol.
hope my wife doesn't mind to much that I poured 35k iso into her wolverine so he was useable so I can get her a captain :p
the 1 star storm + 2 star thor + wolverine doesn't seem that bad of a combo as I can always keep wolverine to the front and heal up by matching yellow for thor when he is at half life... as long as I don't take a super hit it works well enough.

edit 2: I will be heading to bed now, i'll be back to help anyone that wants in gaf-kanda (if you join in the next 20 hours you will get at least a 50 HP rebate from the wolverine event, and likely a human torch cover at the end of the main event as they were at 251 last i checked and another person would easily push them over that 250 threshold)
The next slot is 1300HP (which is a lot but with as big of an alliance as it's getting you should get 50hp back with any 2 day character event (which happens 1-2 times per week) so you would get you hp back in 26 weeks or less, and likely collect a bunch of covers on the way :p

plus if we get enough people... I might not have to push quite as hard with my wife's account while she is gone, so I might actually be able to play a game that isn't marvel puzzle quest next week >.> (my contribution to gaf-vengers likely won't change much lol, as long as I am making up more than 1/20th of the points I feel fine about my performance... last I checked I was like 1/8th of the points in the wolverine event... which I have every plan to attempt to take 1st place tomorrow, as I am going to get up and attempt to crawl to 800 points and the shield mwa ha ha (I am at like 500 right now and not getting attacked much thanks to a level 281 wolverine mwa ha ha ha :p)

zulux21

i wonder if I will be here at the end of the day :p
7VLCs.jpg

heh I am approaching being worth 20% of gaf-vengers points

I won't end well if I keep being mentally challenged :/
it will be a great idea to beserker rage the hood with a 2 star storm on the board still alive... a really great idea ><:

note to self... 2 hours is way way way way way way way to long to bother going for first... next time merely 60 min will do as it's to much of a pain to hold onto first, especially when the game craps on you hardcore :/

so who is MiroN?

Spoit

Geeze, I want your bracket. I put up a day shield after the 2nd time of being hit for almost 50 while going for 900, and I'm not even sure I'm going to get top 5

Top Bottom