• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

shaowebb

Like I said...no Wolvy. No tourney. Im swamped with finals month anyhow. 20 college hours in engineering and all of it math kind of fills up my day :C

NomarTyme

Like I said...no Wolvy. No tourney. Im swamped with finals month anyhow. 20 college hours in engineering and all of it math kind of fills up my day :C

You got your priorities in order.

Anyways Look like the alliance reward for the Wolvie event is gonna suck unless we make some sort of push.

zulux21

Yeah I starting to think if your Patch is crap then you can't really compete in this tourney. The boost he gets in the tourney is incredible.

my patch is max level... I just did some stupid things and wiped my resoruces and don't want to take a chance at dropping out of top 5 since last I checked I had a nice lead on second.

I got my wife up to 608 using 2 star wolverine... only used 7 of her health packs (1 of which was wasted due to a stupid glitch that if you press heal at just the right time while the first person is healing the second pack is used up but doesn't heal a new person) and most of her ap boosts :p

plus side my wife should have a 3 star cap after this which will greatly help with the current event.

NomarTyme

my patch is max level... I just did some stupid things and wiped my resoruces and don't want to take a chance at dropping out of top 5 since last I checked I had a nice lead on second.

I got my wife up to 608 using 2 star wolverine... only used 7 of her health packs (1 of which was wasted due to a stupid glitch that if you press heal at just the right time while the first person is healing the second pack is used up but doesn't heal a new person) and most of her ap boosts :p

plus side my wife should have a 3 star cap after this which will greatly help with the current event.

lmao you gonna freaking burn out dude. Oh shit I forgot about **Wolverine being buffed.

zulux21

lmao you gonna freaking burn out dude. Oh shit I forgot about **Wolverine being buffed.

yeah all 3 of them are buffed :p

as for burning out... I only need to make it a week and fix my wife's roster (I think I need a psylocke and panther event to show up still) then she will likely want to play more :p

NomarTyme

yeah all 3 of them are buffed :p

as for burning out... I only need to make it a week and fix my wife's roster (I think I need a psylocke and panther event to show up still) then she will likely want to play more :p

I've only used Patch :p

Anyways you're a good husband. lol

zulux21

I've only used Patch :p

Anyways you're a good husband. lol

we will see how she feels when I trade 85 health packs for a few 3 star covers :p

but yeah i only used patch on my account (who can say no to a level 281) and I spent like 40k iso on my wife's account to get her wolverine up to level 82 or so to use him (ill get that iso back before she gets back :p)

NomarTyme

we will see how she feels when I trade 85 health packs for a few 3 star covers :p

but yeah i only used patch on my account (who can say no to a level 281) and I spent like 40k iso on my wife's account to get her wolverine up to level 82 or so to use him (ill get that iso back before she gets back :p)

Its worth it.

Is her OBW level high? that would help in the health pack situation.

Gotchaye

What a terrible bracket this is. I need 700+ points for top 10. At least the PvE has been fairly relaxed and easy to keep top 50 in. I'm guessing the nodes are going to reset in under an hour and then we'll get three more 24 hour cycles.

NomarTyme

What a terrible bracket this is. I need 700+ points for top 10. At least the PvE has been fairly relaxed and easy to keep top 50 in. I'm guessing the nodes are going to reset in under an hour and then we'll get three more 24 hour cycles.

I gonna need 800 to crack top ten by the end of the tourney.

zulux21

Its worth it.

Is her OBW level high? that would help in the health pack situation.
it's max level, didn't change the fact that if things go wrong with the wolverine event it was painful.

i'm glad i'm in a nice bracket.
7Wqym.jpg
i've found joining 8-12 hours after the event starts tends to have nicer brackets... right away you get super aggressive people... near the end you get people rushing to the top...

part of me is tempted to unshield and race for number 1 since inviso woman is the last character that could be a mandatory character that I don't have... the other part of me is like... 2 is fine :p

NomarTyme

it's max level, didn't change the fact that if things go wrong with the wolverine event it was painful.

i'm glad i'm in a nice bracket.

i've found joining 8-12 hours after the event starts tends to have nicer brackets... right away you get super aggressive people... near the end you get people rushing to the top...

part of me is tempted to unshield and race for number 1 since inviso woman is the last character that could be a mandatory character that I don't have... the other part of me is like... 2 is fine :p

Oh I see.

Unshield at the 10 minute mark.... you should be safe. I do it all the time...

zulux21

Oh I see.

Unshield at the 10 minute mark.... you should be safe. I do it all the time...

nah, I don't want to chance it as if i fell out of the top ten here and now it would take a serious blow to my puzzle quest motivation which i need all of that I can get :p

also it seems gaf-vengers is only a bit away from a top 50... wonder if we can do it (I am currently worth like 10% of the points on my own o_O)

hmmmm
i wonder if that is just going to be a widow event (right after widow is a reward) or if there will be some sort of theme involving widow and a gift o_O

700 to get top10 has been the norm for me ever since they started doing these alliance rewards. I think it's easier now tho. Before when you hit 700 it was all high level teams, now not so much.

NomarTyme

nah, I don't want to chance it as if i fell out of the top ten here and now it would take a serious blow to my puzzle quest motivation which i need all of that I can get :p

also it seems gaf-vengers is only a bit away from a top 50... wonder if we can do it (I am currently worth like 10% of the points on my own o_O)

hmmmm

i wonder if that is just going to be a widow event (right after widow is a reward) or if there will be some sort of theme involving widow and a gift o_O

I was close at the 9-10 range and made a last minute push but no dice on the number 2-5 spot.

zulux21

Hey I want to join an alliance on Gaf! I am ranked 430 in solo red ISO 8! How do I join?

current gaf-kanda has opening, but the way we have done alliances on GAF is you join, and then buy the next slot... which is currently 1300hp. If that is cool with you I can add you (it sounds like a lot, but you will eventually get it back as the alliance is big enough that any 2 day event they are getting 50hp back, and from the main event they are getting close to getting 3 star covers from there)

current gaf-kanda has opening, but the way we have done alliances on GAF is you join, and then buy the next slot... which is currently 1300hp. If that is cool with you I can add you (it sounds like a lot, but you will eventually get it back as the alliance is big enough that any 2 day event they are getting 50hp back, and from the main event they are getting close to getting 3 star covers from there)
1500 hp as in Hit Points? I guess I don't understand, is hp real money?

zulux21

1500 hp as in Hit Points? I guess I don't understand, is hp real money?

in the game there are two kinds of currency... the iso that you use in general to level up your characters, and the HP I think they are hero points which is used for stuff like buying more character slots and harder to come by. you can get both from in game, but HP is somewhat hard to come by early on.

so who is MiroN or jonnympa?

zulux21

Oh man 1500 hp is steep, but I get it I'll sit out than till I get some more hp than.

two things, first off it's 1300hp (still steep :p)
beyond that petmis still has an extra slot they bought that isn't being used, thus if they are up for you having it we could perhaps add you that way :p

zulux21

Your call really, I can contribute later but I would have to use real money for the slot is that what everyone else did?

no one has used real money as far as I know so far for gaf-kanda, but a number of people did for gaf-vengers the first alliance. it's totally your call, there is no pressure, it's not like I could gurantee you would get a human torch cover by joining (though if 2 more people join in general it should be very likely they will get one)

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
no one has used real money as far as I know so far for gaf-kanda, but a number of people did for gaf-vengers the first alliance. it's totally your call, there is no pressure, it's not like I could gurantee you would get a human torch cover by joining (though if 2 more people join in general it should be very likely they will get one)

I used real money, without the alliance getting HP takes forever... and when I have it, it was going to slots.

I've already gotten 100 of the 1200 back though. Won't take long to recoup the cost.

zulux21

I used real money, without the alliance getting HP takes forever... and when I have it, it was going to slots.

I've already gotten 100 of the 1200 back though. Won't take long to recoup the cost.

nope, they set up the alliance to be worthwhile enough that you will want to be in a big one for sure... i mean if you are in a 20 man alliance where everyone does average (which I think is something like 200 points in pvp) then you will likely be getting a 3 star every week, and 100hp or so plus iso, it's not a bad investment, but I am not going to lie and grantee stuff. I can't control what anyone but myself can do, but at least we will be able to see what people are doing soon enough... of course since we had to make everyone a commander for them to buy slots, even if they suck it up for a long long time there is nothing we can do so seeing what people are doing will just lead to us bitching at those people, but still :p

at least I won't be yelled at to much, I am always more than 1/15th of gaf-vengers points which means I am an above average member Woot Woot :p

Spoit

Yeah, I'm finding it hard to get motivated to go for more than the 300 point token now, especially since my widow is fully covered anyway

shaowebb

Grey suit widow is a crazy good Green Battery. If you've never used her for a partner before you'll end up surprised how good she is on teams once you have one. Absolute monster with Ares, or Thor/Storm combos.

I definitely like deceptive tactics if only because there's less competition in the purple space compared to her sniper. C.mags is the only one who gives that ability a run for her money, but he's on the chopping block.

Her biggest issue is that obw is overall more useful in the current meta, despite being 2-star.

Spoit

I definitely like deceptive tactics if only because there's less competition in the purple space compared to her sniper. C.mags is the only one who gives that ability a run for her money, but he's on the chopping block.

Her biggest issue is that obw is overall more useful in the current meta, despite being 2-star.

The problem is the other big green generator (thor) also has a sniper rifle ability

Spoit

people actually use call of the storm :p?
I may use it every once in a while but even with the boost there are so many other better green moves :p

At max level lazy thor does "3856 damage to target. 1927 damage to other enemies." vs "3336 + tile damage", a little bit more single target for a lot less other character damage

EDIT: oh geeze, lazy thor's red and yellow are like old thor's damage levels

zulux21

After his nerf, it's easily his best ability.
not remotely true, his yellow move is easily his best dat massive green generation.
At max level lazy thor does "3856 damage to target. 1927 damage to other enemies." vs "3336 + tile damage", a little bit more single target for a lot less other character damage

EDIT: oh geeze, lazy thor's red and yellow are like old thor's damage levels

I tend to forget lazy thor exists :p
his yellow move should be higher damage than 2 star, that's the move that got an upgrade for the 3 star with increased damage (like how lazy cap got protect tiles on blue)

i'd still take a patch green attack over lazy thor though :p

zulux21

Only power that kills me in PvP. Yellow barely does anything to my team.

ah facing it green is better, personal use yellow is way way way way way way way way better. (i've won so many matches with the yellow move, very few with the green one)
his fueling of better green moves, so tasty... I still love pairing him with a 1 star storm :p

Fjord

Why does Thor's red get no love? For me it does twice as much damage per AP as yellow and generates plenty of tiles too.

edit: My Thor is 5/4/4, no fifth yellow cover yet to retrain
Red: 8AP 1000 damage
Yellow: 12AP 750 damage
Green: 14AP 1750+800 damage

Why does Thor's red get no love? For me it does twice as much damage per AP as yellow and generates plenty of tiles too.

Since they nerfed it, it's not nearly as effective. It used to do twice as much damage as his yellow and generate like 6 yellow, but now it does less damage and only generates 3 yellow. His yellow move now does more damage, generates more tiles, and feeds his big damage ability (CotS) or someone else's (Patchs berserk or Storms lightning).

Depends on your build. Too lazy to fact check, but iirc, lvl3 vs lvl5 cots on gold thor is a difference of nearly 2k damage. Lvl3 vs lvl5 mjolnir, you only lose about 500. Mjolnir can be good, but you have to sacrifice lvl5 cots to at least a 4/5/4 build (I think it would be unwise to not have lvl5 thunder strike).

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
For GAF-kanda:
I don't know who NocarzPL is, but I advise that we add him/her before Unstable ISO-8 ends. If Nocarz isn't able to pay for the next slot, we can remove him after the event. It's to everyone's advantage, and the only shot we have to break 250 and get the red torch cover is to add one or two more active players.

It's really annoying that OBW is the only viable character on my team. Even high level three star characters are crap compared to her. It would be nice if they buffed everyone else instead of nerf her, but who am I kidding? Or at least have another character that can heal (other than the -impossible to get- spidey).

It's really annoying that OBW is the only viable character on my team. Even high level three star characters are crap compared to her. It would be nice if they buffed everyone else instead of nerf her, but who am I kidding? Or at least have another character that can heal (other than the -impossible to get- spidey).

I find myself using my level 50 OBW over a majority of the level 85's I have (Hulk, Punisher, Modern Hawkeye, C Storm at times). They badly need more heroes that use Purple and Black to decrease OBW's viability.

zulux21

they have said a few times that they have no current plans to nerf her, and even if things change she is way way way down the list of characters to mess with.

I find myself using my level 50 OBW over a majority of the level 85's I have (Hulk, Punisher, Modern Hawkeye, C Storm at times). They badly need more heroes that use Purple and Black to decrease OBW's viability.

we also need more characters that can heal others in general.
give us a character that can target and heal one of your characters..
or how about some character that has a passive healing that effects everyone (just for very little like 1% of their life for others while 3% or so for the healer character)

i have spidey. i would rather and do use obw. shes much better in the sense that spidey is defensive overkill. he makes games 10x easier but also 10x slower.

Top Bottom