• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

I'm like 14% (a bit under 1/7th) of our points. And I don't even need a GSW!

im 500 or so points, i'm out of heath packs and couldn't find a non painful looking match so I stopped pushing at that point :p

edit: sweet psylocke is the next reward... most people won't care about her but my wife needs one I can get the next character she is missing so early mwa ha ha ha ha

zulux21

I think we can crack the top ten for the Unstable iso tourney. We've been climb up steady.

I'm hard pressed to believe we can break the top 25 let alone the top 10 lol.
either way last i checked I was top 25 on both mine and my wife's account for the event... im going to try to keep those tomorrow when it sends... er later today now :p

Spoit

I'm hard pressed to believe we can break the top 25 let alone the top 10 lol.
either way last i checked I was top 25 on both mine and my wife's account for the event... im going to try to keep those tomorrow when it sends... er later today now :p

Yeah, I'm skeptical we can even break top 25, since we're frequently below top 50.

I'm halfway tempted to just leave it sitting until an hour from close to let the rubber banding do all the work

zulux21

Yeah, I'm skeptical we can even break top 25, since we're frequently below top 50.

I'm halfway tempted to just leave it sitting until an hour from close to let the rubber banding do all the work

that's my plan... so far I have just done everything as it came out, and then a bit before they changed and I have near the top the whole time lol..

zulux21

Wait, the app updated, but steam hasn't yet? I haven't found out how to check points per person on a an alliance.

I haven't seen anything about the app updating, but i can confirm steam hasn't... steam always lags behind... took like 10 hours before I could join an alliance when they came out compared to phone users :/

Just grabbed the update.

The new member contributions thing is kinda cool. Pretty even across the board for unstable iso8. I'm in like 3rd last in the alliance but in my bracket I'm coasting to top 50. I'm undecided whether or not I want top 2. Xforce yellow is pretty meh.

Testing out chat, it seems cool. I dunno how much use it is since we're all in this thread anyways.

My contributions to the past week's events were lighter than usual... I bought a house a week ago today and took the week off work moving and fixing it up.

cobell

Just grabbed the update.

The new member contributions thing is kinda cool. Pretty even across the board for unstable iso8. I'm in like 3rd last in the alliance but in my bracket I'm coasting to top 50. I'm undecided whether or not I want top 2. Xforce yellow is pretty meh.

Testing out chat, it seems cool. I dunno how much use it is since we're all in this thread anyways.

In my experience, top 1/2 is very hard to get. You have to be constantly playing up to the end and trying to maximize your points per match (as a large number of people in your bracket are probably doing this).

Also, Xforce Wolverine is pretty mediocre especially given how rare he is.

zulux21

Just grabbed the update.

yay steam is updated and being able to use my mouse wheel to go through stuff instead of having to use the mouse like a touch screen is easily the best update ever added to the game lol.... so tedious was dragging the screen repeatedly, if i clicked wrong you zoomed in on a character and had to start over.

edit
I noticed i saw 25hp on my reward list but at least it seems to be added prizes instead or replacing something like a heroic token
- S.H.I.E.L.D. quartermasters have added static 25 Hero Point rewards to the Daily Rewards list in place of some of the random day sets to help smooth bumps in the average Agent's Hero Point income stream.

NomarTyme

Why? He's painfully mediocre. At max level Patch is probably twice as useful and a lot more durable. X-Force Wolverine needs a decent buff to make him on par for even other 4-star heroes.

For shits and giggles. I want to complete the cover and the cover is hard to come by.

shaowebb

Im swamped with college, but I took a break for the team and pulled #2 in player. Best I could do..I'm like 100 from #1 with 2hrs left, but Im out of heals, and characters and it keeps leveling up the matches.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
Are there any active players without an alliance? If so, you could probably get a free red Torch by joining GAF-kanda for the next three hours on a completely temporary basis (unless you want to pay for the next slot and stay with us, of course).

I believe one active player could push us into the 250 territory. I don't even think they'd need to be above 40k.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are there any active players without an alliance? If so, you could probably get a free red Torch by joining GAF-kanda for the next three hours on a completely temporary basis (unless you want to pay for the next slot and stay with us, of course).

I believe one active player could push us into the 250 territory. I don't even think they'd need to be above 40k.
I am. I don't know how helpful I am, but I'm sitting at about 48k. Wouldn't mind joining temporarily. Sent an invite.

zulux21

enzo made gaf kanda go from 279 to 263... and I can't get my wife's account much higher... I am about to be past 53333 on both mine and my wife's account :p

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
enzo made gaf kanda go from 279 to 263... and I can't get my wife's account much higher... I am about to be past 53333 on both mine and my wife's account :p

Damn, sorry enzo, I thought we were closer to 250 than that. And yeah, I can bring it up any more either.

zulux21

Damn, sorry enzo, I thought we were closer to 250 than that. And yeah, I can bring it up any more either.
he can still get the rewards for this and whatever else until we find another member that wants to join and buy another slot.
Yusssss! Second place in GAF-A with a huge win on that Daken Bullseye horrorshow.

if i wasn't busy getting my wife's account to the top of gaf kanda and above my own account i would have second :p
instead i will settle with like 6th or whatever i am right now lol

Askani

/whew

I just beat that 230 Commander / 230 Daken / 230 Bullseye too.

Took me all the way to 12th in my bracket. That'll do, pig. That'll do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's alright, the alliance ISO bonus always helps! Managed to squeeze an extra 2k, think I guaranteed my spot for getting a HT cover solo.

Now to try and scrounge up the HP over the week to keep him before making more sacrifices D;

EDIT: and I think I could use the Ares cover too.

zulux21

80oXu.jpg
so venom related event next, wonder if that is when gold daken is coming in..

zulux21

Yup, third was biting at my heels, it all depends on if he was able to squeeze one of those 150+ missions in at the last minute.

We finished just outside of the top 25, like 29 or so?

we were around 39th the last i looked a few min before the event ended.

BJK

Managed to get a top 100 (personal), mostly since I lucked into a Steve Rogers with one of the 2-star tokens. May do well with the Grey Suit pvp, since my GS Widow is Lv. 76 and rising (currently 3/2/4).

zulux21

Well shoot. Top 20 finish in my bracket.

top 50 for my account and it should be a top 20 for my wife... her awards haven't popped yet.

also don't expect to much from me from the widow event.... I really need to get my wife's account into the top 50 for that (as she doesn't have psyloche) and I have work during the end of the event... so I will likely only have 300 or so points for my account as my efforts before work will likely be on my wife's account to get her a top 50 (plus I am in rating hell right now where everyone i face is maxed level 3 star teams :/)

zulux21

some updated fire man numbers :p
Our Alliance member Colognoissier has put some bucks into HT and here is some info:

Red 5 (@ level 105) 2246 dmg destroys 2 tiles

Black 3 : converts 8 tiles to strike tiles that do 104 dmg each turn

Green 3: 124 dmg for every green AP. max dmg 1300

HP 3808

AP costs all remain the same.

he seems like he will be decent, though if dr doom gets a 3rd move it seems unlikely you would choose HT for the black move over him due to the huge draw back... and the draining ap on green also hurts any team that wants to use green. It's also a little sad that the fireball never destroys more tiles.

raiot

Wow... just wow! I was nr 1-10 the whole event, got to sleep as top 10, woke up to get an Ares! THANK YOU VERY MUCH for having this tourney end at 5am in Germany :(

NineH

Man I really kinda wanna beat Scruffy for third place in GAF-vengers

;)

Hehehe, there was so much shuffling in position in the final few minutes though, I'm pretty sure I got overtaken since I ran out of points to get. The bullseye/daken fight had them at level 220 for me and I wasn't going to try that just to be protect and strike tiled to death.

Wow... just wow! I was nr 1-10 the whole event, got to sleep as top 10, woke up to get an Ares! THANK YOU VERY MUCH for having this tourney end at 5am in Germany :(
Sorry. At least there's still the one torch from being in an alliance.

I was around 100th or so the whole event (that's the breaking point where you lose the 10x multiplier) and finished top 2. The power of rubberbanding =/

shaowebb

Got all 3 Torch covers. His green is so easy to clear off the board with all the green flood tools in this game to make green matches. Not really too god on that. However his black and red seem like they hold some potential. I'd like to pair him with Dr. Doom sometime.

I got all three, used him a bit in the current pvp tournament... eh. He might be okay with some more covers. I'd like to see how much crazy damage red does at high levels. In the meantime it'll be nice to not get frozen out of whatever event will inevitably require him in the next week or two.

Meanwhile, hopefully we can get some good Psylocke covers, I've had her at 1/0/0 since I got her.

EDIT: sure enough...

APR 09-APR 11: HOTSHOT Burn up the competition and prove you're one cool customer.

EDIT again: You know, now that I think about it, HT's red will be a great Daken killer... it eliminates red strike tiles. Also, Wolverine and anyone else that creates them. (Psylocke?).

It'll prolly do somewhere around 2.5k. Also the red tiles he destroys he gets back as AP, so it effectively costs 6 AP.

It would be awesome if DD's traps could be triggered from this. Give him some use.

animus82

Banned
Man that last event sucked. None of us got any covers.

This top tier MMR im in has me fighting monster squads non stop. Like lvl 100+ Spidey and Hulk teams.

You guys think Daken will be part of the Heroic Event? Probably.

Sadist

Sweet, without having a three star Cap I managed to get a Human Torch.

So, when do the new events start? In about an hour or so? I kinda want to get in the top 50 with the Widow event. Kinda want Psylocke.

Top Bottom