• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Here's (some of) my roster:

OBW (85) 5/3/5
Storm** (85) 5/5/3
Thor** (85) 4/5/4
Iron Man*** (60) 5/2/2
Iron Man* (50) 4/5/4
Wolverine X-Force (47) 0/4/0
Magneto** (45) 4/5/4
Wolverine Astonishing (45) 5/5/3
Hulk (45) 5/0/0
Hawkeye** (30) 5/5/3
Ares (29) 0/2/5
Bullseye (20) 5/2
Cap** (13) 4/5/4

I have others but they are either low level or have limited cards. I am thinking 2* Magneto or 2* Wolverine should be my next targets for leveling, though does Hawkeye deserve consideration? Any one I should focus on first?

zulux21

Here's (some of) my roster:

OBW (85) 5/3/5
Storm** (85) 5/5/3
Thor** (85) 4/5/4
Iron Man*** (60) 5/2/2
Iron Man* (50) 4/5/4
Wolverine X-Force (47) 0/4/0
Magneto** (45) 4/5/4
Wolverine Astonishing (45) 5/5/3
Hulk (45) 5/0/0
Hawkeye** (30) 5/5/3
Ares (29) 0/2/5
Bullseye (20) 5/2
Cap** (13) 4/5/4

I have others but they are either low level or have limited cards. I am thinking 2* Magneto or 2* Wolverine should be my next targets for leveling, though does Hawkeye deserve consideration? Any one I should focus on first?

I would level up a 1 star storm... but that could just be me enjoying the break the game button OBW+THOR+ 1star storm + jungle or oasis level is :p (especially the oasis level :p)

Mark L

Any groups looking for a tryhard without a home? My current alliance looks like it won't even net me a Psylocke black this time, which is all I ever wanted.

Cmon, 'Vengers, we're at 129. #100 and above is good for a black Psylocke. 18 minutes left. If everyone just plays a couple of easy matches (lower right is always desert; bring lone star storm and thor), we got it.

I just missed top 10 (red and purple), and I'm pretty sure we didn't get an alliance Psylocke (black) either. But at least I got one. Although I'm not positive on any of the above, because the game is taking its sweet time on the rewards.

Did we really not make top 100? No one wants psylocke?

We were around #115 with about seven minutes left. I won one more match for 25 points, I know, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one playing last minute, but we'll see.

NineH

I think there are now more teams with the full roster of alliance members so it may be tougher to get the better rewards now.

Still no alliance rewards, half an hour out.

HT event is now underway. Rags is the reward for player and alliance, Daken the secondary.

I wonder who the best HT allies are? (Other than Spidey and CMags who I STILL don't have).

Gotchaye

Still no alliance rewards, half an hour out.

HT event is now underway. Rags is the reward for player and alliance, Daken the secondary.

I wonder who the best HT allies are? (Other than Spidey and CMags who I STILL don't have).

The answer is "your best pair of characters". Even at 1/1/1 Torch is only level 30, and most of what he does is damage.

Spoit

I think there are now more teams with the full roster of alliance members so it may be tougher to get the better rewards now.

I wasn't around at closing to check the individual ratings, but at like 6 hours out, we had like 5 people who didn't even have a token 100 points.

Look guys, I realize we're not a hardcore alliance, but even putting in a single battle each would have gotten us top 100.

zulux21

I wasn't around at closing to check the individual ratings, but at like 6 hours out, we had like 5 people who didn't even have a token 100 points.

Look guys, I realize we're not a hardcore alliance, but even putting in a single battle each would have gotten us top 100.

im not sure where I ended up, I think it should have been around 250... I got to 300 before I left to work and i think I only got hit for 50 while at work (i got a top 150 at the very least)

even if i was home though I likely would have only had 500 or so points, if that would have made the difference then I am a little sad I had to work :/

anyways what's the current best way to tank... just throw in a crap team during lightning rounds?
I need to tank for a while so I stop having nothing but max 3 star teams from the get go

Spoit

If we were only 20 or so away from 100 like that guy said upthread, that might have made the difference, yeah.

Feel free to not bother with this one though, it's only a rag-man

animus82

Banned
Man,

I only got like 100 points last time.

I'm in the top tier bracket or P2W guys now I think.

I keep running into this bull crap

mmEJ5Zg.png

^you should try tanking a few LRs.

I didn't start playing until 2 hrs left, so I hope my low score early on didn't discourage anyone. I ended up with just over 700 pts and I think 3rd in the alliance scoreboard.

animus82

Banned
^you should try tanking a few LRs.

I didn't start playing until 2 hrs left, so I hope my low score early on didn't discourage anyone. I ended up with just over 700 pts and I think 3rd in the alliance scoreboard.

thanks, I tanked one of the L/Rs and the widow one (not on purpose).

I was one of the low ones in Widow and in my defense I couldn't win jack. OBW is one of my mains, and I don't have GSBW soooo yeah and my MMR was way high for me. My only good 3 star is Patch at 120.

Askani

Three HT event loses in a row due to ridiculous AI drops. This last one killed OBW on turn 3. Turn 3. If I hadn't spent so much time on this game, I seriously would have rage uninstalled it right this second.

Spoit

I'm not sure how effective LR tanking is anymore, I did it all of the last 2 weeks, but only really noticed a difference once I started going to shield training and retreating my roster to death before going to sleep each night

Should I waste the HP on a slot for Moonstone or sell her? I've always sold her in the past, but I do have a few extra HP for a change...

Also, I wonder if I have any shot at catching those two progression reward Spideys from the ongoing SHIELD pvp. Has anyone else done it?

Spoit

I'd save that slot for lazy daken. (which I will yell at you people at if we miss the top 100 or whatever for the alliance cover)

zulux21

I'd save that slot for lazy daken. (which I will yell at you people at if we miss the top 100 or whatever for the alliance cover)

we should have no problems making the topp 200 or 250 for that cover.

also to be fair in my case I warned you guys i wouldn't be putting up a ton of points for the widow contest, and it wasn't until after the event that anyone even remotely showed a care about getting psylocke. I know I didn't care about getting more covers for my psylocke... I see me using her just about as often as I use my rags... only when required :p

zulux21

... We won't miss it. These past PVP events just haven't been up our alliances alley is all.

the 2.5 day ones are top 100, the big events are top 250... we often end up in 50-150 which means we should have no trouble being top 250 but can have issues being top 100.

NomarTyme

Nope. Got Hawkeyed I think.

:/ Very disappointing. Had a busy day only got up to 490.

As with the above, the Heroic isn't out yet and we can flip switches up until it is. Current required roster is:
Iron Man (Model 35)
Storm (Modern)
Wolverine (Astonishing)
Hawkeye (Modern)
Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
Black Panther
Psylocke
Human Torch - Powered Up

IceX has released the roster for Venom Heroic. My Black Panther is pretty high level and I got a max out Wolverine, so this shall be a good event for me.

zulux21

IceX has released the roster for Venom Heroic. My Black Panther is pretty high level and I got a max out Wolverine, so this shall be a good event for me.

hmmm this is likely going to be a hard event for me... likely gonna have to run a level 50 storm, 41 panther, and 40 hawkeye (which I could level up a bit more but if i am facing level 120+s it won't matter)

Fjord

Was my bracket just ridiculous? I had over 600 points and blew a shield, didn't make top 50. It's as if I did something strange to my matchmaking. Tried that move where I beat the level 1 teams that show up at the start of the event by using my level 6s. Was attacked say 25-30 times and then all my matches were fairly easy but my bracket seemed really large? Like I was was over 200 points before I cracked the top 300 with more than a day to go.

Oh I don't think I can see alliance contributions on the tablet version. Does someone want to keep a spreadsheet? Nothing too serious, no witch hunt. But if we see someone not playing for a few weeks just do a quick check with a GAF pm to see if they're see if they're done with or taking a break from the game. If so, would they mind swapping out for a bit. We can rotate them back in for another inactive when they start playing again. We shouldn't need to be hardcore to compete, just make sure we don't have three or four inactives.

NomarTyme

hmmm this is likely going to be a hard event for me... likely gonna have to run a level 50 storm, 41 panther, and 40 hawkeye (which I could level up a bit more but if i am facing level 120+s it won't matter)

Thinking about running Storm too but she is only good if the battlefield is in her favor. I don't think this event will favor her judging from the juggs event from last time.

Was my bracket just ridiculous? I had over 600 points and blew a shield, didn't make top 50. It's as if I did something strange to my matchmaking. Tried that move where I beat the level 1 teams that show up at the start of the event by using my level 6s. Was attacked say 25-30 times and then all my matches were fairly easy but my bracket seemed really large?

Yes! I only got around 490+ pts and made it top 50 pretty easily.

Spoit

Was my bracket just ridiculous? I had over 600 points and blew a shield, didn't make top 50. It's as if I did something strange to my matchmaking. Tried that move where I beat the level 1 teams that show up at the start of the event by using my level 6s. Was attacked say 25-30 times and then all my matches were fairly easy but my bracket seemed really large? Like I was was over 200 points before I cracked the top 300 with more than a day to go.

Oh I don't think I can see alliance contributions on the tablet version. Does someone want to keep a spreadsheet? Nothing too serious, no witch hunt. But if we see someone not playing for a few weeks just do a quick check with a GAF pm to see if they're see if they're done with or taking a break from the game. If so, would they mind swapping out for a bit. We can rotate them back in for another inactive when they start playing again. We shouldn't need to be hardcore to compete, just make sure we don't have three or four inactives.
Yeah, 600 is usually enough for top 25, sometimes 10 depending on how bad the bracket is. When you talk about beating up the tank teams, do you mean in lighting rounds or the tournament, because the really crazy brackets are the ones right when it starts. You can get the seed teams loaded in by just opening up the tournament, but not actually doing any fights. (though that will only give you the 3 on the nodes, not the 1-200ish points worth of seeds if you do it right off the bat)

NineH

If we were only 20 or so away from 100 like that guy said upthread, that might have made the difference, yeah.

Feel free to not bother with this one though, it's only a rag-man

I checked at around 1 minute before the event ended and we were at 112. I could only see up to 107 and they were about 200 points ahead of our alliance so I think we needed quite a bit more points though. We'll get it next time, I'm sure of it.

Anilones

I was one of those who got less than 100 points in the BW round. Apologies but I have been extremely busy at work and had no time to play - it finished during work hours too so couldn't make a last minute boost.

In fact it was the first and only day I've missed the daily progression bonus.

zulux21

I was one of those who got less than 100 points in the BW round. Apologies but I have been extremely busy at work and had no time to play - it finished during work hours too so couldn't make a last minute boost.

In fact it was the first and only day I've missed the daily progression bonus.

Don't sweat it... my wife gave me one job to do while she was gone... get her daily rewards...
I apparently failed to do that yesterday lol.
I played her game for 2 hours to get her psylocke, but alas her daily reward hadn't reset... and I didn't play her account later that day.... oh well... she will have to be alright having a psylocke and being a day behind then not having one and being on the right day :p

animus82

Banned
They are starting to piss me off with this required stuff.

BAG MAN and IM 35... both that I don't have at all. They keep forcing you to spend all your HP on slots. For crappy forced charters.

EDIT: Wait, it's not "Forced" its "Limited"

Limited Roster:
Iron Man (Model 35)
Storm (Modern)
Wolverine (Astonishing)
Hawkeye (Modern)
Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
Black Panther
Psylocke
Human Torch - Powered Up

That's ok by me.

zulux21

They are starting to piss me off with this required stuff.

BAG MAN and IM 35... both that I don't have at all. They keep forcing you to spend all your HP on slots. For crappy forced charters.

EDIT: Wait, it's not "Forced" its "Limited"

Limited Roster:
Iron Man (Model 35)
Storm (Modern)
Wolverine (Astonishing)
Hawkeye (Modern)
Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
Black Panther
Psylocke
Human Torch - Powered Up

That's ok by me.
last time I checked, limited meant you could only use those characters in this event. which means in general people can't use their good characters (you are forced to use meh ones). i mean yes you don't need all of those characters on your roster, but it still in general sucks.

Top Bottom