• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Wow. Him teamed up with Model 40.

There will be a reckoning.

amusingly looking things up... his red move at 5 covers and level 15... only does a little bit less damage then his red move at 5 covers and level 85 of the original captain... i really didn't pay enough attention to that (just like how lazy thor's yellow is quite a bit more powerful now)

I still fear lazy daken though :/ and I also fully expect all members of gaf-vengers to go crazy hard after him... because he is likely going to be a huge player in pvp as while he will be an annoying deterrent (those powerful strike tiles and high level healing @_@ with how many powerful characters have green moves.) I know I tend to avoid him in PVE when I can because he is such a pain... if the board comes with a lot of green the pain just rains down...

plus we already know he will get a boost some how compared to 2 star daken... wonder what it will be... his two moves already will be stupid good at level 115 or whatever a two skill 3 star gets to... I wonder if they will actually add a third move even though they didn't say they would.

shaowebb

amusingly looking things up... his red move at 5 covers and level 15... only does a little bit less damage then his red move at 5 covers and level 85 of the original captain... i really didn't pay enough attention to that (just like how lazy thor's yellow is quite a bit more powerful now)

I still fear lazy daken though :/ and I also fully expect all members of gaf-vengers to go crazy hard after him... because he is likely going to be a huge player in pvp as while he will be an annoying deterrent (those powerful strike tiles and high level healing @_@ with how many powerful characters have green moves.) I know I tend to avoid him in PVE when I can because he is such a pain... if the board comes with a lot of green the pain just rains down...

plus we already know he will get a boost some how compared to 2 star daken... wonder what it will be... his two moves already will be stupid good at level 115 or whatever a two skill 3 star gets to... I wonder if they will actually add a third move even though they didn't say they would.

Making a 3 star Daken have even stronger attack tiles is worse than Thor/Verine IMO. If it was me I'd make a non passive version of Daken rather than risk adding something that ridiculous to the meta. 2 Star daken is already one of the best support members you can add to any team that uses green. I'm stomping folks in the Dark Avengers pvp with Ares Daken and its largely just how crazy attack tiles make the damage Ares gets for matches doing it.

At this point though Im done trying to give D3 balance advice. Best thing I can do is if I see something abusable then abuse it till they get the point.

zulux21

Making a 3 star Daken have even stronger attack tiles is worse than Thor/Verine IMO. If it was me I'd make a non passive version of Daken rather than risk adding something that ridiculous to the meta. 2 Star daken is already one of the best support members you can add to any team that uses green. I'm stomping folks in the Dark Avengers pvp with Ares Daken and its largely just how crazy attack tiles make the damage Ares gets for matches doing it.

At this point though Im done trying to give D3 balance advice. Best thing I can do is if I see something abusable then abuse it till they get the point.

yup... screw hoping the system gets better, just abuse what you can to get ahead... which is why I fully expect them to screw up the daken 3 star and make something stupid powerful... heck just scaling daken up to 3 star level and combining him with a max level patch could be fun. you would have two characters that heal very well by themselves that throw strike tiles around like crazy... actually I like that idea I think I will do it even if it doesn't turn out to be the best use of the new daken :p

Spoit

Yeah, I'm seeing plenty of teams with only 2 members (even the occasional lonely rag). Even if you guys aren't going to put in a ton of effort, you could probably get a few hundred points just skipping through for choice battles

NineH

I'm hoping my level 64 rags is enough to scare off players since like most of you guys, my dark avengers are all low or not leveled at all. Aside from Daken and Ares, the dark avengers seem to be just a giant meh.

shaowebb

Ares Daken Venom is just killing folks for me. By not putting in Rags or Moonstone I'm not draining the AP Ares needs or relying on an expensive/iffy character like Moonstone. Just pure damage and stuns with multiple one shot opportunities. Honestly if they were gonna do a 3 star dark avenger it should be Bullseye or Venom. Bullseye being defense instead of one shotting makes little sense to me as a character and Venom, while well rounded, isn't incredible at anything to any major degree and a 3 star could easily pull off some nice things.

Ares Daken Venom is just killing folks for me. By not putting in Rags or Moonstone I'm not draining the AP Ares needs or relying on an expensive/iffy character like Moonstone. Just pure damage and stuns with multiple one shot opportunities. Honestly if they were gonna do a 3 star dark avenger it should be Bullseye or Venom. Bullseye being defense instead of one shotting makes little sense to me as a character and Venom, while well rounded, isn't incredible at anything to any major degree and a 3 star could easily pull off some nice things.

Your tactics are always the illest. Thank you for sharing.

zulux21

Yeah, I'm seeing plenty of teams with only 2 members (even the occasional lonely rag). Even if you guys aren't going to put in a ton of effort, you could probably get a few hundred points just skipping through for choice battles

*spends 300 iso skipping battles...*

behold the easiest battle I found ><;
85Mr3.jpg

yeah... I am not having remotely the same luck you are having lol.

every team I saw had at least a level 65 ares, usually with a level 65 daken, and a good number of them had a 100 plus rags :/

this is the third time I have fully party wiped without actually entering the event lol

shaowebb

*spends 300 iso skipping battles...*

behold the easiest battle I found ><;

yeah... I am not having remotely the same luck you are having lol.

every team I saw had at least a level 65 ares, usually with a level 65 daken, and a good number of them had a 100 plus rags :/

this is the third time I have fully party wiped without actually entering the event lol

Trick is you CANNOT treat this like a normal Daken fight. You can't just avoid green and tiptoe around them till you manage to off Daken when Ares is on deck...he will one shot you. If you have a Daken you go in RAW and you grab all the green you can. You both get attack tiles but here is the thing.

• You are not initially in it to pop green to get attack bonuses in this fight when its Daken/Ares vs Daken/Ares. You are in it to get Ares up to one shotting their Daken.
  • But I take enhanced damage from matches?

So what?

You make TWO matches and Ares has his green ability locked and loaded for over a grand. Three matches and their Daken generally is dead or close enough. You achieve this and the amount of damage you take is minimized compared to leaving them free to take the green, get the attack bonus anyways and fuel their own Ares.

You go in fast and hard. Once Daken drops you can use Venom to stun their Ares here and there. Daken will heal so pop his tiles before any Ares attacks go off. Main thing is fuel your own Ares and Drop Daken first. Dont hold back. You go in raw you lose a few hundred but they die off in no time after Daken drops and his tiles dont help them out long once he's not there to replace them.

I usually clear about 6 matches before a heal is needed. Most with max level Daken and High 60's level ares vs my own similar team. This method minimizes losses and expedites clearing their team in the fastest method possible...ie Ares hitting thangs.

Spoit

Yeah, even though rags is of...questionable usefulness, I'm still using him, because he makes a nice damage soak. Can easily get a half dozen battles before needing to heal him.

Zulu, have you been tanking?

shaowebb

Yeah, even though rags is of...questionable usefulness, I'm still using him, because he makes a nice damage soak. Can easily get a half dozen battles before needing to heal him.

It all comes down to who has the levels and covers. I power leveled Ares. If he gets one more cover he'll be maxed soon. Daken is maxed out as well as Venom so I'm beast mode. This would be MUCH harder without a high quality Ares to cover you. Running Rags...good luck. There is no battery available to aid him and Venom can't stun good enough to cover him for snatch and run AP building.

Do what you can. Just remember that Bullseye isn't gonna help vs a good Daken paired with either Ares or Rags. Ares will kill you or Rags will screen clear his shields.

Spoit

It all comes down to who has the levels and covers. I power leveled Ares. If he gets one more cover he'll be maxed soon. Daken is maxed out as well as Venom so I'm beast mode. This would be MUCH harder without a high quality Ares to cover you. Running Rags...good luck. There is no battery available to aid him and Venom can't stun good enough to cover him for snatch and run AP building.

Do what you can. Just remember that Bullseye isn't gonna help vs a good Daken paired with either Ares or Rags. Ares will kill you or Rags will screen clear his shields.
You don't use the AP to fuel Rags, you use rag's red to fuel ares' green. Also, the desert is the best green battery ever. And You can make daken take the hits for it too

Spoit

Hope that we try to reach the cap covers on the event, we could get 6 covers each if everything runs well

We might be able to get the one on the hard mode, we're only 120 or so. But we're all the way down at 200 for normal mode.

And it doesn't sound like people even want to try for the PvP one

shaowebb

Hope that we try to reach the cap covers on the event, we could get 6 covers each if everything runs well

Dont count on me then. I just spent 2 hours to get down 4 engineering equations. I got 49 left to do this weekend. Im running outta paper for this shit...stuff is front and back and Im up to 9 pages on those 4 problems. I'll try to pop by before bed if my cold medicine doesn't knock me out.

zulux21

Trick is you CANNOT treat this like a normal Daken fight. You can't just avoid green and tiptoe around them till you manage to off Daken when Ares is on deck...he will one shot you. If you have a Daken you go in RAW and you grab all the green you can. You both get attack tiles but here is the thing.

• You are not initially in it to pop green to get attack bonuses in this fight when its Daken/Ares vs Daken/Ares. You are in it to get Ares up to one shotting their Daken.
  • But I take enhanced damage from matches?

So what?

You make TWO matches and Ares has his green ability locked and loaded for over a grand. Three matches and their Daken generally is dead or close enough. You achieve this and the amount of damage you take is minimized compared to leaving them free to take the green, get the attack bonus anyways and fuel their own Ares.

You go in fast and hard. Once Daken drops you can use Venom to stun their Ares here and there. Daken will heal so pop his tiles before any Ares attacks go off. Main thing is fuel your own Ares and Drop Daken first. Dont hold back. You go in raw you lose a few hundred but they die off in no time after Daken drops and his tiles dont help them out long once he's not there to replace them.

I usually clear about 6 matches before a heal is needed. Most with max level Daken and High 60's level ares vs my own similar team. This method minimizes losses and expedites clearing their team in the fastest method possible...ie Ares hitting thangs.
haha max level daken... mine is level 6 and given lazy daken is coming I have no motivation to put points in.

A little but clearly not as much as I should be

shaowebb

haha max level daken... mine is level 6 and given lazy daken is coming I have no motivation to put points in.

Dont knock it till you tried it. If you got the covers he's worth having. Replaced Wolverine for damned sure and since he's passive he counter plays most teams these days and folks wont fight him. Paired with Storm/Thor or a Hulk or Ares team people run like you are the devil himself and for good reason. He also makes racking up wins FAST given he buffs matches for whoever has their icon on a tile...and thats generally Ares, or one of the Thors in most cases and they hit HARD. Multiply that by about 8 strike tile and its ridiculous how much damage you do per hit. A single cascade can wipe dudes over 3000 health at times.

Seriously...just because a stronger version may be coming is no reason to avoid having such a reliable partner given how they keep doing heroic modes and restricted tournies. Daken is a freakin' game changer and I will always support that fact.

zulux21

Dont knock it till you tried it. If you got the covers he's worth having. Replaced Wolverine for damned sure and since he's passive he counter plays most teams these days and folks wont fight him. Paired with Storm/Thor or a Hulk or Ares team people run like you are the devil himself and for good reason. He also makes racking up wins FAST given he buffs matches for whoever has their icon on a tile...and thats generally Ares, or one of the Thors in most cases and they hit HARD. Multiply that by about 8 strike tile and its ridiculous how much damage you do per hit. A single cascade can wipe dudes over 3000 health at times.

Seriously...just because a stronger version may be coming is no reason to avoid having such a reliable partner given how they keep doing heroic modes and restricted tournies. Daken is a freakin' game changer and I will always support that fact.

I've been interested in using daken for a while, but never was a top choice to put iso into due to only going up to level 69... with lazy daken coming I can't justify putting any iso into him period... he might be useful in an event or two, but I have better characters to use.. in fact i might sell him to make room for lazy daken whom I will likely put iso into.

My Loki makes him a joke though. I actually keep Daken alive and wait out I used up all the greens and *Bam*, my team is almost guaranteed a win.

shaowebb

My Loki makes him a joke though. I actually keep Daken alive and wait out I used up all the greens and *Bam*, my team is almost guaranteed a win.

yeah Loki is the hard counter to strike tiles period. Imagine if you could turn all of the damned things into Crits at once with someone they add later...

zulux21

Yeah, sorry but I left the alliance, so you'll need to find someone to take up that 20th slot.

it's all good. you aren't forced to stay in :p
I'm assuming you found someone more reliable :p

I also suppose this means we need to find a really active player for slot 20 :p

AH HA HA 5th time is the charm...
finally on the board for bad is good :p

NineH

Yeah, sorry but I left the alliance, so you'll need to find someone to take up that 20th slot.

Aww, that sucks, your contributions to the alliance will be missed since you were always at the top of our leaderboards. Good luck with your new alliance and I took a peek at your new team and I think you won't have a problem there at all, just about all the guys there have stacked level 141 characters all over the place.

shaowebb

Did what I could guys. Took number 1 in bad is good and built up a little lead of near 100. I gotta get back to math though. Not really able to help too much on the heroic mode as all I got is Storm/Torch and Torch lacks enough covers to do more than a couple of matches before burning out. Guy is gonna be a major threat though paired with Thor, Hulk, or Rags with their green battery abilities. Thor is best though as he wont pop his countdown timer.

Also I nabbed a purple cover classic Mags for this today. Luck!

zulux21

Damn I am not doing well in Heroic either. Please where are you Chapter 4.5.

:(

i think i will be able to get a top 100 in heroic, but I don''t think I can do much of anything in bad is good.

edit: maybe not... I didn't realize how many matches I would need to get up there.... it will be tough.

I am struggling in the events the past few days. Not having a good GSBW hurt me, not having any Dark Avengers (aside from Ares) hurt me, and the Heroic only allows me to really use Torch/Wolv/MHawk which isn't ideal since they are all fairly squishy.

zulux21

I am struggling in the events the past few days. Not having a good GSBW hurt me, not having any Dark Avengers (aside from Ares) hurt me, and the Heroic only allows me to really use Torch/Wolv/MHawk which isn't ideal since they are all fairly squishy.

it's because the rosters on these events are ass... you could remove most of the characters required from the events from the game and most people wouldn't care >.>;

In the top ten in my bracket right now, on the hard version at least. I burn up health packs so fast I have no idea where I'll be when it's done.

Managed to get a few victories in the PvP event, even though I only have two characters I was still knocking out a couple of fools.

zulux21

In the top ten in my bracket right now, on the hard version at least. I burn up health packs so fast I have no idea where I'll be when it's done.

Managed to get a few victories in the PvP event, even though I only have two characters I was still knocking out a couple of fools.

im not in great shape in heroic... I might be able to squeek out something in bad is good though as at 108 points I am 150th... so i might be able to get a top 100 there lol

edit: I am not going to do great in these events, my wife is "persuading me" to go play tales with her instead of work on this... I will have an hour or so when I get back to make a final push...
my characters are dead and i am out of health packs anyways so 2 hours of waiting might not be horrible >.>;

it's because the rosters on these events are ass... you could remove most of the characters required from the events from the game and most people wouldn't care >.>;

Yea. It also doesn't help that the matches are kind of brutal at times. If one of the Maggia Muscle guys gets Threaten off you're taking an extra 400+ damage for each match, and Daken is always a pain when he gets to higher levels. It's an event fighting against Venom, and Spider-man isn't even a useable let alone a boosted hero? What the hell...

If they wanted to recycle an event and feature Human Torch why not just do the Doctor Doom one and boost Invisible Woman and Torch? Both are on the rarer side and HT just released. Missed opportunities!

shaowebb

Got stripped of like 200pts in the time I spent on engineering today guys. Sorry, but thats life. Not gonna have time to repair the PVP.

zulux21

so... since we are pretty set in hard points wise for a top 100, and I got party wiped... again... I am going to focus on easy and see if we can get somewhere there... I make no promises....
god these rosters suck so hard @_@

Yeah this event is terribad... I wish I had more than one cover for my MHawk, then things would go a little smoother. Lucked out and got a black and green cover Torch though. I'm having fun with those abilities! Once you charge that green up and clear the excess green gems from the board... Flame on!

Fjord

Yeah sorry for Venom I've got a 25 rag and some level 6s. Skipped like 20 battles and tried the easiest, no dice.

Doing pretty well in Heroic, got my points at just the right time with the powered up 3 cover Torch. Should hold top 50 there, working on making it for normal now too.

zulux21

only motivation in the new event... getting the alliance in the top 100 for a black hulk as I don't need any other covers for him.

NomarTyme

Damn Black Hulk is a alliance award... We can do it guys!

only motivation in the new event... getting the alliance in the top 100 for a black hulk as I don't need any other covers for him.
I'm with ya there!

Got top ten for both heroic mode. Need more blue though cause I don't like yellow.

zulux21

Got top ten for both heroic mode. Need more blue though cause I don't like yellow.

i got like 130 and 330th....
my team isn't very good though :/

also... not a fan of human torch... pretty sure even if I maxed him out i wouldn't use him unless required to.

I got 101 in bad is good :p
if that event never shows up again it still won't be long enough :/

NomarTyme

i got like 130 and 330th....
my team isn't very good though :/

also... not a fan of human torch... pretty sure even if I maxed him out i wouldn't use him unless required to.

I got 101 in bad is good :p
if that event never shows up again it still won't be long enough :/

Mstorm and Black Panther carried the team. Lethal combo with BP black/Yellow and Storms Red/Green.

shaowebb

I'll try to be there for the alliance to earn that black hulk cover. Thats one of those "drop everything" prizes you go all in on. Still managed to get 2 of the Steve Rogers covers last night out of that deal along with a modern hawkeye so I did pretty well. I power leveled Black Panther and Wolverine to have a better shot at the other stuff too. Not gonna be easy this time though...I face nothing but max leveled teams in PVP now.

Top Bottom