• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Holy shit, according to D3 the maximum enemy level on the new PVE has been bumped from 230 to...

FOUR HUNDRED.

yeah... screw them hard -_-

at the same time I guess we will see 5 stars sometime in the next few months...

either way if my enemies are level 200 or higher I likely won't be able to do anything.

seems my easy starts out at 33 my hard at 45...
83Azp.jpg
gotta love locked rosters :p

oh well i might be able to do a bit...
on the plus side... it seems the rewards aren't that meaningful... just the 3 star captain instead of the new hero... though I would like the two blue covers as his blue move is useful now :p

edit: what decides how many attack tiles HT puts down with inferno... it says up to 8 but i repeatedly only put down 3 or 4 :/

Askani

Holy shit, according to D3 the maximum enemy level on the new PVE has been bumped from 230 to...

FOUR HUNDRED.

So a move to combat the "late comers", who are trying to snag large points at the end, by having the enemy simply outlevel them by ridiculous amounts? The "late comers" being there in the first place due to the rubber banding that they themselves put in the game?

Bandaids on bandaids.

zulux21

since no one answered i just figured it out myself his inferno just targets the center of the board and places them on any available square in certain spots :p

also man is this event going to be tedious, so slow to kill things @_@

also I never realized hawkeye doesn't avoid stun moves with no damage :p

also... why is hawkeye's red so much worse than his blue... way less damage, no stun, same price @_@

zulux21

Yeah, I don't know how much help I'll be for this one either, I had a total party wipe on the 3rd node

these limited events are always hard on people who have higher end rosters :/
at least it only takes a few matches to unlock the high point human torch nodes (which my big plan will likely be to just farm those nodes, as it's worked well in the past lol)

actually farming the nodes is working decently :p plus tanking the lightning rounds seems to be helping quite a bit. (I get in as the round starts, fight the level 1/1/23 team and beat them with a puny team, if there is another do it again for more points, and then just sit back and wait to be attacked, last time I got attacked over 30 times yay)

Spoit

Man, I even sweeten the pot by getting to the mid hundreds by going until the seed teams run out, and I don't get more than a half dozen hits a round :(

zulux21

Man i miss when 100 iso got you 3 +3/+3 color boosts...
man i miss when 200 iso got you 3 +3/+3 color boosts...

this 200 iso for 5 +1/+1 color boosts is so lame :/

Spoit

Man I give up on this event. Third time I had a total wipe on the Daken/flamethrower/Iforgetthe3rdbecauseInevergettothem

zulux21

Man I give up on this event. Third time I had a total wipe on the Daken/flamethrower/Iforgetthe3rdbecauseInevergettothem
what level are your enemies... as I am not having that much trouble against my level 40-60 enemies with my storm (50), hawkeye (50) HT (110 or so due to buff) team. it's just slow lol

animus82

Banned

You need to boost bro. It's like daken, pyro, pyro.

So if a pyro hits and you are using Hawkeye, one of you guys gets DOUBLe hit.

Yeah, even'ts pretty brtual. These Heroics are forcing me to lvl up guys like 2 Star Wolvie and Hawkeye.

Spoit

what level are your enemies... as I am not having that much trouble against my level 40-60 enemies with my storm (50), hawkeye (50) HT (110 or so due to buff) team. it's just slow lol
60ish

Ok, tried hawkeye, and even with wasting 5 damage all and AP all boosts because they were at cap, I was just barely able to limp through. The stun was a bit helpful, but he's fragile as all getout

Sadist

Free Hulk in my Daily supplies! It's a green cover. Dang.

Venom event is pretty terrible. Got Wolverine at lvl 85, Psylocke lvl 44 and a HT at 105. Still no chance for more points though.

zulux21

heh my team is pretty bad for the new event

Could you guys try harder in the Hot shot tourney? Were like ranked 182 and it's an easy Rag cover.

a number of us don't actually do much in the tournaments until the last few hours... you will never see me make a real push of things before the event has 8 hours to go unless I absolutely won't be available any closer to the event end then that. mostly because the most i am willing to spend shielding is the 8 hour shield.

They are starting to piss me off with this required stuff.

BAG MAN and IM 35... both that I don't have at all. They keep forcing you to spend all your HP on slots. For crappy forced charters.

EDIT: Wait, it's not "Forced" its "Limited"

Limited Roster:
Iron Man (Model 35)
Storm (Modern)
Wolverine (Astonishing)
Hawkeye (Modern)
Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
Black Panther
Psylocke
Human Torch - Powered Up

That's ok by me.

I really hate the way the tournaments have a domino effect into required characters. Those are the three I don't have.

zulux21

I really hate the way the tournaments have a domino effect into required characters. Those are the three I don't have.

in general the only one you need is from the previous event... so in this case torch as he has nodes that require him, the other two you bolded are just part of the roster and aren't required at all.

shaowebb

I plan on getting my Green Torch cover maxed after what I just witnessed at only 1 cover. Mark my words...Torch/Hulk/Thor will be a nightmare at high rank. Team is too healthy to wittle away slowly and Torch rapid fire hits a ton of green. Storm is okay to get fast wins, but swap her for a black cover Hulk when you need to call it quits and camp on a rank.

Spoit

Could you guys try harder in the Hot shot tourney? Were like ranked 182 and it's an easy Rag cover.

I pushed up to 1100, but I'm not going to waste money on a shield, so wherever it lands, it lands.

Specially since i don't need a green x-force OR any rags

Askani

My Hot Shot score will suck. I'm driving to my parents tonight for a visit and it's a four and a 1/2 hour drive. It's going to end about 30 mins before I get there.

zulux21

btw if people are having a hard time with hot shot... have you ran thor with 5 yellow covers and storm with 5red/5green on the oasis map yet :p makes most matches easy work as long as things don't fall really poorly :p (especially if you boost yellow/red + green/black)

I'm really digging this team I have on the Hot Shots event, Human Torch/OBW/Model 40.

Model charges, giving me lots of blue and red. Use the red and with Jony and the Blue from OBW to heal. Nuke the shit out of them with Model 40 when I'm fully healed, or just chip them to death with HT's Back or Green Abilities. Nothing game breaking, but a pretty well rounded team. I just need to get more Johnny covers now. Gotta beef up my Torch!

zulux21

Really.

I can't even get Rags to be usable either, and I have his powers levels pretty high. Guess I got to him too late, apparently he used to be a beast. But Ares. He's my boy.

imagine his red move costing 2ap and placing 5 tiles instead of 3...
now imagine using rags :p (his green move got nerfed a bit as well but that red one was what made him so broken :p)

gotta love it i have 441 points and am rank 56 in my bracket...
my wife that i started like 90 min after me has 339 and is rank 30 in her bracket :p

we are at 116 in the hotshot event come on guys just push a little harder :p

zulux21

It worked. You shamed me into adding 100 points.

:p i see that, the bottom rankings are the same, so the extra ratings on top of stuff are
those are likely the final bottom ranks.

top is

we ended up rank 108 or so.

I tried so many hot shots but I kept getting matched against like 105 hulks.

Y'all know I deliver PVE tho.

hulk takes a bit to kill but he is a wittle baby for the storm thor combo to deal with since they don't trigger his anger lol.

NomarTyme

Made top fifty. Pretty close to finishing off Ragnarok.

:p i see that, the bottom rankings are the same, so the extra ratings on top of stuff are

those are likely the final bottom ranks.

top is

we ended up rank 108 or so.

hulk takes a bit to kill but he is a wittle baby for the storm thor combo to deal with since they don't trigger his anger lol.
What? Damn I thought it would've been higher.

zulux21

Made top fifty. Pretty close to finishing off Ragnarok.

I did as....
SCREW YOU ASSHAT WHO DID THAT IN THE LAST 10 SECONDS @_@
I don't know if i made top 50 now... it will be really really really really close :/ I was 50th when I gained 26 points to get to 39 before I took that hit :/
my wife's account also got hit in the last 10 seconds :/ but alas i think she is top 50 just fine.

i like that the guy that said
My Hot Shot score will suck. I'm driving to my parents tonight for a visit and it's a four and a 1/2 hour drive. It's going to end about 30 mins before I get there.

ended up in the middle of the pack with a respectable 400+ score :p

edit: yay i did end up in top 40.. my rags finally has a red cover :p

Askani

I'm really surprised. That was my rank before I quit playing today. I didn't use a sheild and was sure I would have been attacked into oblivion.

Hot Shots treated me well. Got a Red Rags card and got some hero points to get a black card for Black Panther! Might make things a little more interesting in this boring Venom thing. Are there even any decent rewards for doing it though? So far most of my points have got me low amounts of ISO and some random boosts.

zulux21

Hot Shots treated me well. Got a Red Rags card and got some hero points to get a black card for Black Panther! Might make things a little more interesting in this boring Venom thing. Are there even any decent rewards for doing it though? So far most of my points have got me low amounts of ISO and some random boosts.

the current alliance rewards for all three events are blue 3 star captain covers... if you combine that with placing high enough to get captain covers in each event... then we could all have nearly max covered captain (albiet not proper ones as i assume 3 star still wants 3/5/5 but still his improved blue move is decently sexy :p)

edit: I take it back it would be the good way as i see the red cover is the lower one :p

the current alliance rewards for all three events are blue 3 star captain covers... if you combine that with placing high enough to get captain covers in each event... then we could all have nearly max covered captain (albiet not proper ones as i assume 3 star still wants 3/5/5 but still his improved blue move is decently sexy :p)

edit: I take it back it would be the good way as i see the red cover is the lower one :p

Any reason to max out Lazy Cap? Original was pretty bad and this new one looks exactly the same. Only use I see for him is for the extra matches in events. And those are usually against low level enemies.

zulux21

Any reason to max out Lazy Cap? Original was pretty bad and this new one looks exactly the same. Only use I see for him is for the extra matches in events. And those are usually against low level enemies.

mostly the same reason as the old one, as some control as once you get 5red/5blue covers you can do a pretty good job to killing count down tiles with him...
the big plus the lazy cap has is his addition of a protect tile to his blue move thus instead of just being 12 blue for a 2 turn stun that returns 10 ap you now have that plus a 291 strength Protect tile (at max level)... which is high enough that it would knock out most any 3 match from doing more than 1 damage.

still might not be super worth it for a main team member, but it would be nice to have lazy cap high enough that he can control countdown tiles as that can really help in events especially if he is boosted.

Spoit

mostly the same reason as the old one, as some control as once you get 5red/5blue covers you can do a pretty good job to killing count down tiles with him...
the big plus the lazy cap has is his addition of a protect tile to his blue move thus instead of just being 12 blue for a 2 turn stun that returns 10 ap you now have that plus a 291 strength Protect tile (at max level)... which is high enough that it would knock out most any 3 match from doing more than 1 damage.

still might not be super worth it for a main team member, but it would be nice to have lazy cap high enough that he can control countdown tiles as that can really help in events especially if he is boosted.
His red actually does pretty good damage for effectively being only 1 or 2 red AP too. You know, once he's leveled up and all

EDIT: Yeah, 3.5k for effectively 1 red AP D:

zulux21

His red actually does pretty good damage for effectively being only 1 or 2 red AP too. You know, once he's leveled up and all

EDIT: Yeah, 3.5k for effectively 1 red AP D:

I suppose there is that... I always kind of just treated his damage with the red move with the 2 star version as a bonus for killing a count down tile lol. but that is actually serious damage it could be worth going after him just to put together a C team... at some point I wish they would give out some spider man covers as well so I could use him instead of widow on a team :p

actually yeah I just looked it up, that red move got a serious damage increase didn't it lol.

Top Bottom