• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

NomarTyme

all we know is he won't be next...
next up is...
LAZY DAKEN :p

so it seems the alliance reward is 25*the number of people who logged in the day before
so up to 500 iso a day.. not bad

Just got a update. So many fucking events and Mr Falcon is gonna be the new character too.

zulux21

Just got a update. So many fucking events and Mr Falcon is gonna be the new character too.

8ddC7.jpg
yup, guess it's not lazy daken next despite what they said...
*looks up the falcon*

edit: welp, unless he has good moves I will be hard pressed to give a crap about getting more then the one required cover... bleh captain america universe in general.

Triz

I wish I got in on the GAf alliances, my 3 man alliance of friends placed in the top 500 for the last HM with only 3 guys.

NomarTyme

yup, guess it's not lazy daken next despite what they said...
*looks up the falcon*

edit: welp, unless he has good moves I will be hard pressed to give a crap about getting more then the one required cover... bleh captain america universe in general.
He has two passive abilities, so he can be a decent support guy.

I wish I got in on the GAf alliances, my 3 man alliance of friends placed in the top 500 for the last HM with only 3 guys.
If somebody leaves then you next!.... no guarantees though. :/

zulux21

He has two passive abilities, so he can be a decent support guy.

If somebody leaves then you next!.... no guarantees though. :/

I wonder if they will be any good... passives can be fun but only if they are useful.

and enzo is leaving gaf-kanda for vengers i think... so kanda has an open slot (a perm slot if you buy the next one, and heck if you are willing to pay for them I don't see why you and your two friends couldn't all join kanda as they were at 12 people last i looked)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
just leave gaf-kanda and apply to vengers already :p

to be fair we have a couple other members that have really been sucking it up recently. I would actually have to go through my wall of shame posts, but i am pretty sure 1 or 2 members have regularly only managed to do a match or two in any given event.
Done!

zulux21

so a bit more info about falcon
-likely will have hp around black suit widow

With his current ability balance, he's like Black Widow (Original) in that he can find a place on just about any team. In test, I'm currently dreading seeing any Daken or Wolverine/Falcon teams. I wouldn't want Falcon to be a tank with what he can currently do. Ow.

edit: it would be nice if they designed the next chapter to work like the hulk one where they basically give you a cover for taking part.

Dispatch

Well, I'm in the third, lesser known, GAF Alliance, Gaf-men. Honestly, if there's an opening in the Gaf-vengers, I'd take it. The extra rewards would be nice.

Also, the new event looks good.

shaowebb

SWEEET

NEW CHARAC AT LAST.

I'M BACK BABY.

you wait for me hearthstone okay i'll be right back i swear baby

Speaking of Hearthstone I'm curious about it, but the OT is so shit because it literally says nothing on how its played. Just says "not bothering" and tells me to play it instead of actually giving me any sort of information to go on to decide if its the kind of card game I like before investing time. I'd like to know more on it. PM me sometime. I'd love to know more.

Speaking of Hearthstone I'm curious about it, but the OT is so shit because it literally says nothing on how its played. Just says "not bothering" and tells me to play it instead of actually giving me any sort of information to go on to decide if its the kind of card game I like before investing time. I'd like to know more on it. PM me sometime. I'd love to know more.

Will do!

cobell

Well I locked myself in at around 813 for GAF vengers last night. I had hit 900 without having been attacked a single time, and then was hit by 4 people. It was an interesting scramble for the lock button before I was attacked by 4 more.

shaowebb

Me too lol. I'll play my Hearthstone quests and then get back to this.

Also, I think it's a good idea to skip lazy Daken. He will be overpowered if they bring him out.

Gonna try some Hearthstone and see what its all about later on this weekend. Wish it was for android so I could play it on my Galaxy 10.1 Hell, I honestly wish they'd just get around to account linking Marvel Puzzle quest PC and mobile accounts so I could play that on the go. So far I lack a good mobile.

zulux21

Well, I'm in the third, lesser known, GAF Alliance, Gaf-men. Honestly, if there's an opening in the Gaf-vengers, I'd take it. The extra rewards would be nice.

Also, the new event looks good.

i remember that one, it was actually the second one founded and then everyone from that one seemingly stopped posting lol

also if falcon's skills scale well with covers/level he could be very popular.

so pretty

animus82

Banned
How'd you get that screen Zulu?

ALso, the progression awards keep getting worse and worse. It's now becoming very Pay 2 Win.

Meaning if you haven't been playing fairly early on, don't bother. You have to pay a ton of money to catch up so that you can do decently it looks like.

zulux21

How'd you get that screen Zulu?

ALso, the progression awards keep getting worse and worse. It's now becoming very Pay 2 Win.

Meaning if you haven't been playing fairly early on, don't bother. You have to pay a ton of money to catch up so that you can do decently it looks like.

came up with my daily reward.

also I don't remotely agree with your assessment. with the level scaling it's typically easier for a completely new player to do well in an event then it is for anyone that has a decent 2 star team especially if you are trying to move to a 3 star team. even if the progression rewards aren't as good, rewards in general still have been better thanks to alliances... so after you rock for a month or two because you are new and everything is easy (and thus collect a decent amount of HP and 3 star characters for future events) you just jump into a decent alliance. also if you missed it they did improve daily rewards with set ones of them giving 25hp now that normally were just a random whatever (so usually health packs :p)

also... I doubt I will do much in the hot shot tourney.... aside from getting the token at 300 points there really isn't much motivating me there as my punisher has long been finished

btw it seems you need lazy thor, lazy cap, and human torch for this event

in case people don't remember what the hunt comes with

Triz

Buffed black Widow who I have maxed, buffed 2 star Magneto which I have at 77 and buffed Steve Rodgers buffed to mid 50's. This tourney is easy mode.

Askani

Did the first six missions for the main event. What rewards did I get?

That's right, baby. Six red Iron Man covers. I'm gonna buy six slots, recruit them, and start an Iron Man takeover of the game. Viva la revolucion!

animus82

Banned
Did the first six missions for the main event. What rewards did I get?

That's right, baby. Six red Iron Man covers. I'm gonna buy six slots, recruit them, and start an Iron Man takeover of the game. Viva la revolucion!

Im dead serious you guys. I have unlocked like 40+ standard tokens and not one 3 star. Pretty ridiculous drop rate.

Askani

Now wait...this is weird. The first Mission in Alaska called Welcome To The North...

The only awards I can win are 4 red Iron Man covers. What's going on?

EDIT :::::

Ok, I shut down the game on my iPhone and reloaded it. Now my missions have different rewards available. If I go back and look at the missions I completed, they all say I won a random award I didn't win. So if your rewards are all the same red 1 star Iron Man for missions, restart your game.

There also a thread on the official forums about it: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6290

shaowebb

Gotta say Falcon with max level yellow cover increasing passively all of Daken's strike tiles by 30 percent means that I would be in heaven running those two together. That or a good MN Mags, Dr Doom, Falcon team.

zulux21

Gotta say Falcon with max level yellow cover increasing passively all of Daken's strike tiles by 30 percent means that I would be in heaven running those two together. That or a good MN Mags, Dr Doom, Falcon team.

i haven't seen anything about max level yellow effecting all for 30... best I know is level 2 is 3 random tiles at 40...

we do have details about how his bird will work at max level though
Redwing's Blue Countdown tile is used as a Cooldown. While it's out, he can't go out and eat another special tile. If that tile is matched or the cooldown hits again, he'll fly another time assuming you've hit the base AP required for his flight. At Level 5, it's currently set to affect Strike, Protect, Attack, or Countdown tiles with a base of 5 AP for activation and a 3 turn Countdown tile for use.

in different news I just figured out what the other person meant by reduced rewards...
you need a top 50 out of 1k people to even get the new character and our alliance needs to be top 100 after a 9 freaken day event... so lame.

shaowebb

i haven't seen anything about max level yellow effecting all for 30... best I know is level 2 is 3 random tiles at 40...

in different news I just figured out what the other person meant by reduced rewards...
you need a top 50 out of 1k people to even get the new character and our alliance needs to be top 100 after a 9 freaken day event... so lame.

If it helps I'm beasting Hulk right now with around 700 pts top 10 and number 1 in my bracket currently in The Hunt.

kswiston

PVE rewards have really gone down the crapper in the last two events. not digging this decision to replace the 500pts battle rewards with a 70pts tier, and the cumulative points rewards are junk.

Is there any way I can get into one of the GAF alliances? It doesn't look like the game is designed for solo-only players anymore.

zulux21

PVE rewards have really gone down the crapper in the last two events. not digging this decision to replace the 500pts battle rewards with a 70pts tier, and the cumulative points rewards are junk.

Is there any way I can get into one of the GAF alliances? It doesn't look like the game is designed for solo-only players anymore.

gaf-vengers is full again, gaf kanda has room to expand but the next slot is 1300hp if i recall right. (which is like $11) or you could use your own hp if you have it (I would just need to have my wife temp kick one of the slackers that haven't bought a slot into gaf-kanda so you could have the slot to buy the next one... they currently have the open spots just because they were there first for an open slot... perm slots are for people who buy a slot :p)

Spoit

Maybe it's because I'm waiting for the hulk event to be over to update to u51, but I'm still seeing top 100 for both solo and alliance covers?

kswiston

gaf-vengers is full again, gaf kanda has room to expand but the next slot is 1300hp if i recall right. (which is like $11) or you could use your own hp if you have it (I would just need to have my wife temp kick one of the slackers that haven't bought a slot into gaf-kanda so you could have the slot to buy the next one... they currently have the open spots just because they were there first for an open slot... perm slots are for people who buy a slot :p)

I can buy/open up a slot in gaf-kanda

zulux21

Maybe it's because I'm waiting for the hulk event to be over to update to u51, but I'm still seeing top 100 for both solo and alliance covers?

as am I >.>
perhaps I saw wrong earlier, or it was temp changed... it's not like they haven't had glitches before :p

zulux21

I can buy/open up a slot in gaf-kanda

alright... just need for my wife to finish her match, then we can get you in and someone else out... and hope that someone else shows back up before the end of the event (I am kicking who ever has the least amount of points in the hulk event that isn't in a perm slot >.>)

aka apply now... and let me know your user name.

edit: oops double post... my bad.

kswiston

alright... just need for my wife to finish her match, then we can get you in and someone else out... and hope that someone else shows back up before the end of the event (I am kicking who ever has the least amount of points in the hulk event that isn't in a perm slot >.>)

aka apply now... and let me know your user name.

edit: oops double post... my bad.

username is Kswiston

zulux21

that was easy enough... the new player sumc still didn't have any points so they can just reapply after you open up the next slot

username is Kswiston

did you apply because I don't see you on the list o_O;

Can a commander in Gaf-kanda let my brother in? His user name is Sumc

Thanks

so yeah just have your bro apply again after kswiston opens the next slot. (there is a chance he will boomerang a bit unless he ends up buying a slot >.>)

kswiston

that was easy enough... the new player sumc still didn't have any points so they can just reapply after you open up the next slot

did you apply because I don't see you on the list o_O;

Check again. My phone was having some issues connecting

EDIT: Nevermind. Slot purchased

zulux21

Check again. My phone was having some issues connecting

found you, added you, promoted you. now just buy the next slot :p
and perhaps play the hulk event a little as I don't see any points for you there :p

edit: they really need to open up the alliance rewards a bit more not constrict them... we currently have an average for 512 points per person in a 20 man alliance and still aren't top 100 -_-

edit2: how could I not shield at this...
so pretty 777 points at 7th place :p

I also wonder how much the bottom will change in the last hour...
I know scruffy will climb higher :p
btw we are rank 110 right now.

shaowebb

I got no gas left in Ares guys and a Thor wont cut it vs the levels I'm staring down. Can't back him with a low health like Storm or I'd be a target for 20 minutes deranking us in my bracket as folks pounce me. Best I could run is a max level Thor/Daken plus my level 88 Hulk but Call the Storm wont drop Hulk or my opponents in a single shot...that means I pop it once and Hulk goes nuts and I'll never live to pop it twice.

I've played this song and dance before...it doesn't end in my favor or any of yours. You're on your own. Do what you can. Most I can do at this point is not swap my heavy team out and create a target.

zulux21

I got no gas left in Ares guys and a Thor wont cut it vs the levels I'm staring down. Can't back him with a low health like Storm or I'd be a target for 20 minutes deranking us in my bracket as folks pounce me. Best I could run is a max level Thor/Daken plus my level 88 Hulk but Call the Storm wont drop Hulk or my opponents in a single shot...that means I pop it once and Hulk goes nuts and I'll never live to pop it twice.

I've played this song and dance before...it doesn't end in my favor or any of yours. You're on your own. Do what you can. Most I can do at this point is not swap my heavy team out and create a target.

it's best if you just protect yourself, at this point we are getting closer and closer to just needing to make sure we don't lose points
8euqI.jpg

also dat shield alliance...
averagine 1140.6 points per player @_@

4 min to go
8euRM.png

it's gonna happen isn't it.

there is a little wiggle room to change, but what I see is rank 80 and

kswiston

I ended up #2 in the Hulk event for Gaf-kanda despite not playing until 2 hours shy of the deadline. Starting so late meant a really easy bracket as well. Ended up getting up to #15 with next to no resistance. Most of my fights were against level 20-30 characters. Nobody bothered attacking my classic Storm/MN Mags/Hulk team since everyone was over lvl 60 and there were plenty of easier targets.

Top Bottom