• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

shaowebb

Good work team. My roster was completely gassed. made it to top 7 all of once but folks poured it on and I just dropped to top 15 or 20 near the end.

Well played.

animus82

Banned
GJ Everyone.

Our secret technique of playing on Friday night when nobody isn't has proven successful.

I got top 5 without anyone really attacking me.

Not bad. 3 covers.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Ah I (Indigo-7) got attacked small amounts before it ended. This was a toughie, was top 25 on my standing.

Good work though, top 100 is awesome!

zulux21

I hadn't received any PVP prize yet, is this normal?

sadly it's not that uncommon for rewards to take 30-120 min to show up.

it should also be noted that I likely won't have a strong finish in the first part of the event in alaska... I am busy most of tomorrow likely including the 8 hours before the event ends (on the plus side (for me) I would rather have a 51-250 alliance finish then a top 50 finish anyways (and a 300-400 finish overall but I have a feeling I will be higher than that as I will grind from 11am to 1 or so tomorrow.), as I need more people that aren't boosted then the ones that are >.>)

Anilones

What's the advice for getting the best score in The Hunt? Leave it for the last 8 hours? Highest scoring levels first? Join up as early as possible?

NineH

I know scruffy will climb higher :p

:)

It's such a rush for me to see how high I can score in the last 2 hours or so of the event. Hopefully I can score decently each time.

What's the advice for getting the best score in The Hunt? Leave it for the last 8 hours? Highest scoring levels first? Join up as early as possible?

For me, I like to join brackets relatively late but I have to give myself time to actually finish the events or else the rubberbanding will be moot if my guys are all knocked out and I can't do anything due to having no health packs or time to regenerate.

I also like to do the high levels first because when the points start diminishing, those low points fights become so low that it seems a waste to try and do them. Of course, if there's nothing left to grind then yeah, I squeeze every event down to 1 point though at that point I'm either burned out or really tired.

shaowebb

I could go either way on Punisher covers. He's good and at high level he's a constant space chewing bastard with damage, but my main goals dont really involve him in team structures. I'm currently focused on my Dr. Doom build and needing more blue covers for him and levels so I'm just more or less here for the iso.

NineH

Seems like a few of us want to take it easy on the next event since we already maxed out our punishers. I think I will at least go for the event token and just think of it as an iso earning event.

zulux21

Seems like a few of us want to take it easy on the next event since we already maxed out our punishers. I think I will at least go for the event token and just think of it as an iso earning event.

yup my plan is to get 300 or so points, especially since the main event has so many darn matches to do :/

NomarTyme

Actually everybody should do well in the Hot shot tourneys. Lots of easy opponents with high pts. Gathered up decent amount of isos so far.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I could use the Punisher cover, but I guess most already have it. Gonna be putting some work in regardless. I guess the Hunt is the real priority amidst all of these events.

sibarraz

Banned
BlnIeVbCUAAhwbP.jpg:large

I somehow managed to get this luck in this stage, with that healt approx I killed an almost full juggernaut, human torch and iron man

Gotchaye

I've had a combination of family and work stuff come up which will make it very hard for me to game consistently for about a month, and as I've said this game has become a lower priority recently anyway. I might try playing the last day of The Hunt to get a Falcon cover, but since I'd mostly be holding everyone else back I'm going to go ahead and leave GAF-vengers as soon as I'm back at a PC later tonight.

sibarraz

Banned
Well, sucks to hear that you will be leaving, but I guess that at some point all of us will grow tired of this game since it requires some dedication for the alliance

Anyone is applying? If no one here wants to enter I had a friend who is active and could be helpful

Askani

I've had a combination of family and work stuff come up which will make it very hard for me to game consistently for about a month, and as I've said this game has become a lower priority recently anyway. I might try playing the last day of The Hunt to get a Falcon cover, but since I'd mostly be holding everyone else back I'm going to go ahead and leave GAF-vengers as soon as I'm back at a PC later tonight.

Good luck with the family stuff.

kswiston

I am currently in GAF-kanda, but would be interested in jumping over to GAF-vengers if no one has dibs. I bought a slot in GAF-kanda (and there is still a slot open), so someone can take my place there. I'm currently sitting at about 25k points in the hunt.

If someone has dibs, that's cool too.

zulux21

I am currently in GAF-kanda, but would be interested in jumping over to GAF-vengers if no one has dibs. I bought a slot in GAF-kanda (and there is still a slot open), so someone can take my place there. I'm currently sitting at about 25k points in the hunt.

If someone has dibs, that's cool too.

i see no reason why you can't have got's spot

If you still have a little time to play, you should just switch over to gaf-kanda and still collect an extra 200 iso a day from daily activity.

If you still have a little time to play, you should just switch over to gaf-kanda and still collect an extra 200 iso a day from daily activity.
Yup no problem here with that.

This events... I beat everything really easily, but it's really grating to try and get up to the rewards. I'm just getting my 2* up to 85 because none of the my other 3*** except hulk aren't getting any covers..

w2000

Hey is there a spot in either alliance? I can pull together some HP if that is needed. Been playing solo for a while and doing better at this event (thank you MN mags, classic storm, and OBW) than in the last couple of weeks.

kswiston

i see no reason why you can't have got's spot

Send me a PM when a spot opens up, and I will leave GAF-kanda and apply for GAF-vengers.

Hey is there a spot in either alliance? I can pull together some HP if that is needed. Been playing solo for a while and doing better at this event (thank you MN mags, classic storm, and OBW) than in the last couple of weeks.

There is a vacant slot in GAF-kanda that I purchased. 2 slots if I end up leaving.

shaowebb

Never played yesterday with all the homework I got. Checked today and saw I had 1 hr...took 1st like a boss.

EDIT: aaaaaaaaaand scored a black cover for Torch as well as a Purple cover for MN Mags making him nearly maxed! Good stuff.

Finally got 5 on MN Mags blue... That popping the whole screen move is pretty cool, too bad it takes so long to count down.

I'm having pretty good luck with him, cStorm and Torch as a secondary team (behind good ol Thor/mStorm/OBW)

kswiston

Finally got 5 on MN Mags blue... That popping the whole screen move is pretty cool, too bad it takes so long to count down.

I'm having pretty good luck with him, cStorm and Torch as a secondary team (behind good ol Thor/mStorm/OBW)

I'm still doing cStorm, MN Mags, and whoever as a third. With both of them boosted in the PVE event, battles with characters under level 60 last like 1-2 minutes. Magneto's fully charged purple skill mixed with Storm's blue skill is ridiculously overpowered, especially if you give your self a +3 blue/purple boost.

300 lvl Ares is not fun.

I would nope the fuck out of there. I've been staying in the top 50 for each event (unfortunately they end when I'm busy so I can't do better) and within the top 50 and mostly top 20 for the overall event. Looking like I should take a top 20 finish with relative ease. Having OBW boosted makes it kind of a joke--I rarely use health packs which is nice because I can save them for the PvP event.

NomarTyme

i still need quite a few 3 star widow covers so I will likely at least try in it...
the alaska hunt won't end well for me though... it ends 3 hours after i go to work :p

GSBW was good until they nerfed her.
Eh you can play some before its over. The rubber banding for this event seems to have changed.

zulux21

GSBW was good until they nerfed her.
Eh you can play some before its over. The rubber banding for this event seems to have changed.

when did they nerf her?
as far as I know the only thing that happened was Rags broken ass was nerfed so you couldn't uber combo with her for crazy damage on top of massive green tile spam.

and yeah I can still play before, but I will be a few k off the top places.

NomarTyme

when did they nerf her?
as far as I know the only thing that happened was Rags broken ass was nerfed so you couldn't uber combo with her for crazy damage on top of massive green tile spam.

and yeah I can still play before, but I will be a few k off the top places.
I think her purple use to cost less, so people were spamming the shit out of that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah.. not gonna bother with Army Of One.

Going back in on The Hunt tomorrow. It's scaling too damn high for me now though. High level Bullseye backed up with anyone = nope.

zulux21

Yeah.. not gonna bother with Army Of One.

Going back in on The Hunt tomorrow. It's scaling too damn high for me now though. High level Bullseye backed up with anyone = nope.

*imagines a level 400 bullseye*
*proceeds to imagine uninstalling the game lol*

so... level 400 daken, level 400 bullseye, level 400 uh who cares lets go with a bomb demolist (the one that places pointless purple tiles so maybe tech) and spiderman is a blocked character...
what do you do?

zulux21

Slow death by Bullseye or a quick death by Ares! Fun! fuck you developers.

hey if they really wanted to be super dicks they could do something like classic storm with 2 goons that spawn 2 blue per turn...
or black panther with two goons that spawn 2 black per turn.
or magnito with two goons that spawn red blue and purple :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bullseye really shouldn't be able to maintain more than 2 protect tiles. And that's reaching; even in that case I'd reduce their maximum power significantly.

I'm sure it's been said a billion times before me but characters need to be more well designed around helping each other instead of having straight offensive or straight supportive combat roles. There's nothing (mentally) challenging about going after OBW/Classic Storm/Bullseye first because if you don't you're fucked.

I'm sure it's been said a billion times before me but characters need to be more well designed around helping each other instead of having straight offensive or straight supportive combat roles. There's nothing (mentally) challenging about going after OBW/Classic Storm/Bullseye first because if you don't you're fucked.

I have even seen a lot of people running OBW/cStorm with Thor/Ares/Wolverine in PvP events that allowed them to do such. It's ridiculously annoying, because even if you nuke one down the other one has such a head start it's usually enough to turn the tables. Kill OBW first? Prepare for Wind Storm + Call of the Storm to 1 shot your entire team. Kill cStorm first? Prepare to get all your AP stolen and them to heal every 5 turns.

OBW is so effective that even my level 61 OBW is basically mandatory use for The Hunt. Granted she's boosted to 101, but she is so effective that if I don't use her I have to burn through health packs. I would really like an event that wasn't Dark Avengers. The heroes are crap to use but a nightmare to play against, especially when they get past their normal level cap. Daken/Bullseye/Rag or Ares is so annoying. I'm at least glad this event allows you to use any hero, if I were restricted as badly as the last one I honestly would just take a break or focus on PvP and ignore PvE entirely...

zulux21

I have even seen a lot of people running OBW/cStorm with Thor/Ares/Wolverine in PvP events that allowed them to do such. It's ridiculously annoying, because even if you nuke one down the other one has such a head start it's usually enough to turn the tables. Kill OBW first? Prepare for Wind Storm + Call of the Storm to 1 shot your entire team. Kill cStorm first? Prepare to get all your AP stolen and them to heal every 5 turns.

OBW is so effective that even my level 61 OBW is basically mandatory use for The Hunt. Granted she's boosted to 101, but she is so effective that if I don't use her I have to burn through health packs. I would really like an event that wasn't Dark Avengers. The heroes are crap to use but a nightmare to play against, especially when they get past their normal level cap. Daken/Bullseye/Rag or Ares is so annoying. I'm at least glad this event allows you to use any hero, if I were restricted as badly as the last one I honestly would just take a break or focus on PvP and ignore PvE entirely...

I don't mind the widow storm teams... they are pretty easy to deal with if you have a level 85 widow.

just focus on storm making sure to match all of the purple you can... you keep the other widow from building up anything and you can steal all of their ap and usually down widow with some massive damage right after you kill storm.

as for widow being required... I won't really deny that... I still think a lot of the problems with teams right now could be fixed by making it so that you auto heal after battle as long as your character isn't down (you would still have to use health packs on downed characters)
If they did that they would likely need to make death times longer, and maybe not regen to 5 health packs but 3 or so, but still it would make it so widow wasn't absolutely needed and make playing the game for long periods a lot more enjoyable.

but alas they likely make like $10 a day off health packs so they will never do that :/ (plus they would perhaps have to balance some characters a bit as it would likely make a team of high damage characters the popular choice... though I feel like that is often the choice in pvp anyways health packs be damned)

Top Bottom