• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Well for either of two reasons:

1) Creators are lazy. Make a lazy three star. Same powers (minor changes) lazy from a design perspective.

2) Lazy Thor has a more of a gut than 2 * Thor. So people called him "lazy" as in he doesn't work out as much. I think he even has like a fatter face too.....

So, for those two reasons.

Yeah, originally, it was just as commonly called fat thor, but then they made other gold characters, so lazy became more popular

EDIT: only 23k? That seems like a huge waste of money. Probably would have got more effect buying HP to upgrade covers. Or even tokens

Askani

To be fair, outside of the week long iPhone 4 issue they have been pretty solid for the 8-9 months I've been playing.

I want my Daken too....trust me

I'm still salty over buying Health Packs to make a push for the last 40 minutes of an event. Except I didn't get to use them because they updated the game and made it unplayable for the remaining event timer, so my HP went to waste.

Or when trying to shield in an event and it took me 20 seconds to do it with wait timers. Which 20 seconds isn't a big deal, but I was still able to take a loss and lose points before my shield fired.

Askani

lol

My level 141 IM40 and two 85s team just got beat by a level 23 IM40 team with an 85 Thor and 69 Daken on lucky cascades. Nothing you can do when they generate +30 AP in one turn on just chains off a 3 match.

What a joke.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've been getting all kinda of glitches in the latest iphone update. Text being auto skipped randomly, freezing, crashes and more.

Not to mention being able to accidentally move tiles underneath the power overlay when you mean to use a power. Fuck that. The absolute worst, and has cost me matches. Which has also been in the game forever now.

zulux21

I can't belive how bad this is.

If I don't get my rewards I will likely cut all ties to the game. Nothing is worse then grinding for hours only to get screwed over by the game and I can spend my time better with other games as I know I spend way to much time on the game as it is.

I just hope they don't do something stupid like start a daken event before they get covers out to people.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If I don't get my rewards I will likely cut all ties to the game. Nothing is worse then grinding for hours only to get screwed over by the game and I can spend my time better with other games as I know I spend way to much time on the game as it is.

I just hope they don't do something stupid like start a daken event before they get covers out to people.
I don't think you'll have to worry about any of this, they risk losing far more than just you if this happens lol

I would like some complementary covers/tokens, though.

zulux21

I don't think you'll have to worry about any of this, they risk losing far more than just you if this happens lol

I would like some complementary covers/tokens, though.

well that's mostly why I would cut all ties to the game... If they screw up and can't feel the need to make things right then I really don't feel like I should be supporting them at all.

At this point I am expecting the following to happen.
Tomorrow morning they announce a daken tournament. (starting tomorrow at 11am CST and ending with season 1)
they won't have the covers out at that time, but will say to not worry they will get the covers out before the end of the event so even though some people will have an unfair advantage at the start you can still catch up before it ends.
They have spiderman left alone until the last 24 hours of the event/season and then nerf him, this causes the game to go down for 30 minutes and screws something up.... thus at 1 hour before the season is over they push another update completely screwing up the game and making it nearly impossible to play for the last hour of the season.

they get the covers out at some point... either way I sent a support ticket in, but the whole thing annoys me... I know they don't have a huge staff, but they could at least have someone take 20 seconds to log into their forums... go.. "there was an issue with the end of the last event, we are working to resolve it and hope to have it resolved in the next X hours, if we run into complications we will let you know" and then go back to work to fix it -_-

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
well that's mostly why I would cut all ties to the game... If they screw up and can't feel the need to make things right then I really don't feel like I should be supporting them at all.

At this point I am expecting the following to happen.
Tomorrow morning they announce a daken tournament. (starting tomorrow at 11am CST and ending with season 1)
they won't have the covers out at that time, but will say to not worry they will get the covers out before the end of the event so even though some people will have an unfair advantage at the start you can still catch up before it ends.
They have spiderman left alone until the last 24 hours of the event/season and then nerf him, this causes the game to go down for 30 minutes and screws something up.... thus at 1 hour before the season is over they push another update completely screwing up the game and making it nearly impossible to play for the last hour of the season.

they get the covers out at some point... either way I sent a support ticket in, but the whole thing annoys me... I know they don't have a huge staff, but they could at least have someone take 20 seconds to log into their forums... go.. "there was an issue with the end of the last event, we are working to resolve it and hope to have it resolved in the next X hours, if we run into complications we will let you know" and then go back to work to fix it -_-
You think there's enough time to run another PvP tournament? Heavy Metal ends with 2 days to spare, which I guess will be left for people to mop up in SHIELD training.

I definitely think Ice or whoever on their forums should've commented on it though.

zulux21

You think there's enough time to run another PvP tournament? Heavy Metal ends with 2 days to spare, which I guess will be left for people to mop up in SHIELD training.

I definitely think Ice or whoever on their forums should've commented on it though.

pvp tournys run for 2 days 12 hours... at 11amCST today there will be 2 days 12 hours left to season 1... totally enough time for a tourney.

Spoit

pvp tournys run for 2 days 12 hours... at 11amCST today there will be 2 days 12 hours left to season 1... totally enough time for a tourney.

Oh right, I forgot that weekend tournaments overlap a bit, rather than waiting for the previous one to end.

I Bet it'll be a lazy daken one, and that they won't get the covers fixed yet

NineH

Wow at the spiderman nerf... My highest chars are Spiderman at 90 and Classic Mag at 101.
I think I may be done with this game :(

I feel the same as the spidey nerf has severely dampened my enthusiasm with the game. I've been using spidey/mags/whoever for a very long time and I don't know if I want to find a new bunch of characters to play with. I'll see how this pans out but now I know how those ragnarok players felt like when they massively nerfed him.

Askani

He deserved to be nerfed. So did Ragnarok. Rags was so cheap in the beginning that I almost quit playing. It was a major "I win" button. You had people that spent major bucks in the beginning because he was clearly broken and had him at 85 a week after his first covers dropped. It was ruining the game. Once they nerfed him, people jumped on the Spidey and C.Mags train.

A high level Spidey is almost to that point now. Paired with C.Mags it's just dumb. They are both way overpowered. C.Mags is also on the chopping block, and also deserved. They've also mentioned for a month now at least that they are getting nerfs.

The problem is they've swung too far the other way. Rags nerf made him super awesome to almost useless. Spiders nerf is bad, but at high levels he's still kind of a threat. I'm curious how they will shred C.Mags when the time comes. Thay are all clearly broken but they have a poor concept of balance and now we get them turned to poo. There's other options. I'd like to have them break a few chats instead of letting the run wild for the entire game if I had to choose. It's a shirty choice to have to make though.

Still, it's a moot point if they can't even keep a servers up. I can't even look at leader boards right now it's so bad. Not bad, a joke really.

Whoo-hoo!

Thanks to today's Black Panther reward I finally have at least one of each of the covers. At least the next day or so.

Still no Daken...

5hzDs5n.png

Askani

And theeeeeere's the Daken event.

And stiiiiiill no rewards from Oscorp.

Wonderful.

However, there is Emergency Maintenance today. I thought it was supposed to be an hour ago but it doesn't seem to have started yet. Hopefully it fixes the issue.

Also, I'm happy with the Thor rewards for the Daken event. I only need to place top 50 for the Yellow Lazy Thor cover to make mine 5/4/4. I'll try to do better for more ISO and covers to sell of course, but it's nice to only have to work for top 50 instead of top 25.

EDIT :::::

This just showed up on my game window:

animus82

Banned
Unbelievable.

They are going forward with the Laken PVP without giving out rewards.

Sucks for them. I got my first two and waiting for my last one...

This will be a fun PVP event.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Umm, there are no events for me. And I'm not in any alliance, apparently. WUT. Everything has disappeared. I don't even get the above message.

And no rewards yet, which goes without saying.

zulux21

Umm, there are no events for me. And I'm not in any alliance, apparently. WUT. Everything has disappeared. I don't even get the above message.

And no rewards yet, which goes without saying.

thats ok... even if you could play you don't get points for winning right now... I got my progression reward but my point total didn't go up at all :p

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah games fucked up right now.

Fighting in the Daken.. and I'm not earning any points. They stay stuck.

turnbuckle

Sometimes it seems like things go in streaks. Like, I got 2 standard tokens so far today. And I got 2 red Psylocke covers out of them.

I had been doing terrible on standard tokens for a long time up til now. She's not close to being useful for me yet still, but it's nice to get a few more covers. Really hoping my alliance will do some work on this Daken seasonal event because I'd love to get some Modern Thor covers. I only have a couple :(

lmpaler

Anyone having issues on Android logging into Facebook? I can't do any events, says unavailable, when it fails to login. Played fine this morning for an hour, got number 1 in Heavy Metal, then it like died. Just updated it too

turnbuckle

Not having any issues logging in on Android after the update. Hope everyone in the world but me and a couple of scrubs are having this issue so I can finally climb way way to #1 lol.

J/K, that sucks. Hope they get all of this stuff sorted out quickly. They have to be making a killing, and for a game that makes its money off of people playing it you'd think they'd have more incentive to not let it get fucked up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't log in here either. Was kind of looking forward to getting Season 1 over with this weekend, now I hear it's been extended :|

EDIT: I can log in now (iPhone).

"Season I competition will end at Noon (EDT) on 5/21."

kswiston

Good job on the IM40 event team. Good to see those covers coming. I contributed over 600 points, even if that wasn't enough for top 100 in my bracket...

I really like the new option that allows you to max out a character in one button press.

Huddle time! I want to stop using OBW so much who should I use now? My main team was Jugs and OBW, now it's OBW and Ast Wov.
I have about 10,000 ISO also and I'm saving up the HP for another slot. Really trying to make this last 400 point stretch for my Heroic 10-pack...but OBW just died.
not really trying to spend any money either

Spoit

Hulk/storm might be fun. I'd seriously suggest respecing ares to 5 yellow though, that extra turn cooldown really does help

zulux21

Huddle time! I want to stop using OBW so much who should I use now? My main team was Jugs and OBW, now it's OBW and Ast Wov.

I have about 10,000 ISO also and I'm saving up the HP for another slot. Really trying to make this last 400 point stretch for my Heroic 10-pack...but OBW just died.

just run thor and 1 star storm in the desert stage and abuse oasis >.>:

shaowebb

Power Level that Daken and run Ares/OBW/ Daken Damage out the ass, and ridiculous AP build all to fuel Ares. If you think the team needs to run two heavies then use Ares/ C.Storm /OBW and just judge whether you need heals or stun/full team damage.

Dispatch

I know I should have waited for Lazy Daken to be available as a card to recruit rather than a reward, but the 10 pulls were burning a hole in my pocket. Turns out, I got lucky.
Bag-Man Yellow (ugh)
Modern Hawkeye Purple
Moonstone Red
Modern Hawkeye Red
Classic Storm Green
And then, the good run of 3 and 4 stars
Psylocke Blue
Daredevil Red
Punisher Black
Invisible Woman Blue
And, finally, Wolverine Green

I'm pretty happy.

kswiston

That's a really good pull!

Also, Lazy Daken will be like a 1% pull, so I don't see the harm in just going ahead and pulling without him.

Top Bottom