• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

We should still try to get top 100 in Daken, unless everyone has 5 green Thor covers.

I don't have 5 but have I have all the more that I would want as I am not really one to use thor's green move as there are other cheaper green moves I like more and would use instead.....

I'll do what I can, but I am very busy today (just like I was yesterday) and I am not sure how much time i can sink into the event. (I honestly don't know if I will get more than 300 or so points... if we are close at that time I might be able to push 500 but I know I won't get to my normal scores I just won't have the time thus why I am glad the season got pushed back as the next time I am actually really free to play puzzle quest for any amount of real time is tuesday night ><)

Yeah I'm pushing too, also because I want to hit 5k.

But right now my Goldie Thor is maxed at 79 and I want to bring him AHAP (as high as possible). I'm at 1/3/4 with the poor little guy right now.

Bairds

Neo Member
1st tourny in a long time I've had no motivation for, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. I would love some of those L Thor covers, but its not worth the trouble.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
1st tourny in a long time I've had no motivation for, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. I would love some of those L Thor covers, but its not worth the trouble.
Pretty much.

Also I can't cheese my way using Daken + damage combo as well. I'm getting wrecked too early into this =/

jred2k

I'm getting pretty tired of fighting teams of OBW and Thor. It must be my placement in the bracket, but it's all I see.

kswiston

Pretty much.

Also I can't cheese my way using Daken + damage combo as well. I'm getting wrecked too early into this =/

If you are not at the stage where you can field a 3* team, C Storm (with 5 blue) and MN Mags (with 5 purple) plus 3 blue/purple boosts win 9 out of 10 fights with little effort and no net ISO loss (not a ton of gain either though). Good for grinding, especially when you get something like a Thor/Wolverine opponent. Just collect purple until you can trigger Mag's ability, activate that on the second strongest char, setting up 1-2 five of a kinds in blue, and then activate Storm's Stun+team damage on the strongest character. You will kill Daken, kill or almost kill the middle character, and stun the strongest.

If you face another C Storm, make sure you knock her HP down below your blue attack, or you will trigger her yellow ability. If you are facing an OBW, attack her first and don't let her touch purple.

I take out most teams in less than 10 turns.Way less than 10 turns if we go by enemy turns.

got my 10 pack and somehow rose briefly to the top 10 of the Daken event. I don't want a 3rd Thor and I really don't want Moonstone again. If I shielded at 600 I probably would have stayed at a high rank too.

Pretty much. I am getting unlucky with the Cover/Featured Hero combos lately. I have several high level 3 stars but whenever they are featured it's crap I don't need (more like I don't want) like Rag as the reward. Whenever the reward is something good like Lazy Thor the featured hero is Daken or GSBW. I would kill for a Dr Doom or Lazy Cap tourny that rewarded Psylocke or Black Panther T_T

I'm getting pretty tired of fighting teams of OBW and Thor. It must be my placement in the bracket, but it's all I see.

Try facing 141 Spiderman/Punisher with a 60 something Daken. That actually came across my list and I noped the fuck out of it. I got into a harsh bracket and have to fight max level 3stars for just about any noticeable point gain. I've also consistantly lost 60 points by the time I get back on every time. Treading water at 300 points is rough.

KuroNeeko

Hey guys! Mind if I drop in for some wisdom?

I've only been playing a few days or so and have filled up my rosters (no surprise.) I'm at the point where the covers in my stockpile are about to expire so I need to start selling.

I currently have 9 slots and am one Hero Pts reward away from the 10th.

Here's what I have -

Main Team
Iron Man 35 (5/4/4) : lvl. 30
M. Storm (5/3/5) : lvl. 26
M. Black Widow (2/5) : lvl. 22

2&#9733;s
M.Now Magneto (1/0/3) : lvl 21
M. Now Thor (1/0/1) : lvl. 8
D.A Daken (1/0) : lvl. 6
C. Storm (1/0/0) : lvl. 6

3&#9733;s
M. Thor (0/0/1) : lvl 15
C. Psylocke (0/0/1) : lvl 15

Stockpile:
Bag-Man (0/1/0) : lvl. 6
Moonstone (0/0/1) : lvl 6
O. Black Widow (1/0/0) : lvl. 6
3&#9733; Black Panther (0/1/0) : lvl 15

I like Black Panther (see avatar), but I guess I'm willing to sell him. I'm thinking of transitioning into a Mags / C. Storm / Thor team because I really like Mags and Storm, but can't stand Thor. I'd really like to keep Psylocke, because I used to play her in pretty much every VS Capcom game and she's a badass, reincarnated, ninja, psychic. I don't really like either of the Thors, but it looks like they're pretty powerful. Moonstone looks pretty weak, but I should be getting another cover for her when I rank in the 50-100 bracket in a few hours.

Any advice? :D

edit: deleted C.Mags / Marvel Now Mags confusion. >.<;

NomarTyme

Hey guys! Mind if I drop in for some wisdom?

I've only been playing a few days or so and have filled up my rosters (no surprise.) I'm at the point where the covers in my stockpile are about to expire so I need to start selling.

I currently have 9 slots and am one Hero Pts reward away from the 10th.

Here's what I have -

Main Team
Iron Man 35 (5/4/4) : lvl. 30
M. Storm (5/3/5) : lvl. 26
M. Black Widow (2/5) : lvl. 22

2&#9733;s
M.Now Magneto (1/0/3) : lvl 21
M. Now Thor (1/0/1) : lvl. 8
D.A Daken (1/0) : lvl. 6
C. Storm (1/0/0) : lvl. 6

3&#9733;s
M. Thor (0/0/1) : lvl 15
C. Psylocke (0/0/1) : lvl 15

Stockpile:
Bag-Man (0/1/0) : lvl. 6
Moonstone (0/0/1) : lvl 6
O. Black Widow (1/0/0) : lvl. 6
3&#9733; Black Panther (0/1/0) : lvl 15

I like Black Panther (see avatar), but I guess I'm willing to sell him. I'm thinking of transitioning into a Mags / C. Storm / Thor team because I really like Mags and Storm, but can't stand Thor. I'd really like to keep Psylocke, because I used to play her in pretty much every VS Capcom game and she's a badass, reincarnated, ninja, psychic. I don't really like either of the Thors, but it looks like they're pretty powerful. Moonstone looks pretty weak, but I should be getting another cover for her when I rank in the 50-100 bracket in a few hours.

edit: deleted C.Mags / Marvel Now Mags confusion. >.<;

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

Don't sell off any 3 stars. They are required heroes in events pretty frequently, and you won't pull a cover often enough to make up for losing one, probably.

Ditch your bag man for sure. Try to do some of the prologue events that award HP so you can buy some more slots to hold on to the rest. As hard up for spots as you are, I'd ditch Moonstone next, then M Black Widow (once OBW has enough covers to be usable in her place).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If you are not at the stage where you can field a 3* team, C Storm (with 5 blue) and MN Mags (with 5 purple) plus 3 blue/purple boosts win 9 out of 10 fights with little effort and no net ISO loss (not a ton of gain either though). Good for grinding, especially when you get something like a Thor/Wolverine opponent. Just collect purple until you can trigger Mag's ability, activate that on the second strongest char, setting up 1-2 five of a kinds in blue, and then activate Storm's Stun+team damage on the strongest character. You will kill Daken, kill or almost kill the middle character, and stun the strongest.

If you face another C Storm, make sure you knock her HP down below your blue attack, or you will trigger her yellow ability. If you are facing an OBW, attack her first and don't let her touch purple.

I take out most teams in less than 10 turns.Way less than 10 turns if we go by enemy turns.
I definitely use this strategy, but of course it is less efficient than Daken/Wolvie which can heal themselves and rip through everything aside from a full health Ares team (too risky). Get either MN Mags or C. Storm caught with anything and you're looking at a 2 hour wait.

I don't have too many high level 2* teams that I can rotate between, or they rely too heavily on the same support units, so I try to make do with what I have, but it's very time consuming.

That's not a raise! My #10 is 1059!

Edit: oh wait yeah it is, I see. What's your #1 then?

Aaand, I've been fighting the last hour to stay just under 800, but I can't quite cross it. Every time I win a match, I get attacked. And it looks like 770-ish is going to be worth about 75th place. :(

Aaand, I've been fighting the last hour to stay just under 800, but I can't quite cross it. Every time I win a match, I get attacked. And it looks like 770-ish is going to be worth about 75th place. :(

I played a few matches when I was on break and just gave up. I was getting nowhere and the opponents I was getting matched against were insane (got 3 matches in a row of dual 141 3 stars mostly Punisher and Spiderman) and it just wasn't worth the grind. Sorry folks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Welp, it's showing me Season 1 results with Season 1 rewards pending, wat

I'm mad PvP results modules are temporarily not working, I've been taking screenshots of all of them so far :(

KuroNeeko

Don't sell off any 3 stars. They are required heroes in events pretty frequently, and you won't pull a cover often enough to make up for losing one, probably.

Ditch your bag man for sure. Try to do some of the prologue events that award HP so you can buy some more slots to hold on to the rest. As hard up for spots as you are, I'd ditch Moonstone next, then M Black Widow (once OBW has enough covers to be usable in her place).

AH! Thanks for the feedback!

I'd already let my Black Panther go. I hope I don't regret it later. *sigh*

Looks like 3&#9733; Psylocke is available as a rank reward (50+) in this event. I guess I'll give it a shot since I have one already! Probably not going to happen with my team though... ;)

Thanks again!

kswiston

I definitely use this strategy, but of course it is less efficient than Daken/Wolvie which can heal themselves and rip through everything aside from a full health Ares team (too risky). Get either MN Mags or C. Storm caught with anything and you're looking at a 2 hour wait.

Eh, it's a 70 min wait at worst, unless you hoard health packs for some reason. If you are mainly matching purple/blue/red, Lvl 85 Mags shields Lvl 85 Storm from most damage.

Wolverine, Daken, and Bullseye are the only 2* characters I lack 13 (or 10 in Daken's case) covers for, so I am still working them up. Patch's heal seems more useful than Wolverine's though, so I will probably just use him when I get another cover or two.

I don't what happened in this game, but there has been some major points inflation in the PVP standings. 600pts barely got me into the Top 150, where that would have been good for #25-50 in the past. Even looking at the Alliance stuff, we used to easily clear the top 100 with 12k cumulative points. This time we were top 250. I see ads for Puzzle Quest trainers that hack ISO/HP etc into your game. I hope those don't actually work. It would be a shame if the game is ruined by cheaters.

cobell

I'm pretty sure they've already had issues with some hackers.

Though, also, I think the inflation with PVP points to get certain ranks are because people are trying to lock in their place for the Season 1 alliance reward, Fury.

zulux21

Well, there's Sentry. 9 day event. We need to be focused if we can.

I'm likely just going to let it ride for a while and join late (with a day or two to go) as I am reading the sub events are just things that give out a single token to anyone that isn't a top finisher and would rather not burn out on a 9.5 day event for a character who doesn't look very good as I really don't need another red green yellow hero (stop using this damn color spread D3 you have 5 colors get more creative) especially one that I can't be sure is any good until I see how his moves scale... if in general he does damage to himself/team I just won't use him.

animus82

Banned
Huddle time! I want to stop using OBW so much who should I use now? My main team was Jugs and OBW, now it's OBW and Ast Wov.

I have about 10,000 ISO also and I'm saving up the HP for another slot. Really trying to make this last 400 point stretch for my Heroic 10-pack...but OBW just died.
not really trying to spend any money either

YOU WILL never completely... stop using OBW.

Get use to it.

Esp. since they are nerfing spidey.

You need her to counter other peoples OBW. Believe me. Until that day that you can burst her down quickly like a few of the guys in the alliance can.

So get ready because your going to see her more than any other gal in your life.

shaowebb

Sentry event? I'm in.

If you want to use me for this event go for it. I'll be putting in real work. You can boot me afterwards, but I can guarantee some points. Just remember though I dont have a lazy daken, but they did unbracket me to easy tier since I missed last event. Take it for what its worth.

I wasn't kidding when I said I'd be back for him and Iron Fist.

zulux21

so more details on sentry came in... he is going to be mass death and horrible to face in PVP, and not great to use unless you like having to heal a lot.

8T9l8.png
At level 77, HP: 4860

so I mean his red move looks like it will be on par with black panthers for team damage, and his strike tile will be about as powerful as patch's added together at max level but to me both have more annoying drawbacks.... no doubt he is decent... but meh red/yellow/green and damaging your own team a lot. (I'll still try to push since he seems like he will be a big player in dark avegeners tournies as well as a big deterrent in pvp)

Sentry event? I'm in.

If you want to use me for this event go for it. I'll be putting in real work. You can boot me afterwards, but I can guarantee some points. Just remember though I dont have a lazy daken, but they did unbracket me to easy tier since I missed last event. Take it for what its worth.

I wasn't kidding when I said I'd be back for him and Iron Fist.

the issue isn't so much that I wouldn't want you back... it would be I am not sure who I would kick to give your a place, we got some decent replacements since you left. It would be nice though if you and the other guy and a few other people were to join gaf-kanda and made a run with that alliance... especially since if you can net top 250 in the sub events you get heroic tokens for the alliance. But more slots would need to be unlocked (I haven't farmed enough HP on my alt to unlock more yet, but my alt could leave for people too if we got some more slots.

shaowebb

so more details on sentry came in... he is going to be mass death and horrible to face in PVP, and not great to use unless you like having to heal a lot.

At level 77, HP: 4860

so I mean his red move looks like it will be on par with black panthers for team damage, and his strike tile will be about as powerful as patch's added together at max level but to me both have more annoying drawbacks.... no doubt he is decent... but meh red/yellow/green and damaging your own team a lot. (I'll still try to push since he seems like he will be a big player in dark avegeners tournies as well as a big deterrent in pvp)

the issue isn't so much that I wouldn't want you back... it would be I am not sure who I would kick to give your a place, we got some decent replacements since you left. It would be nice though if you and the other guy and a few other people were to join gaf-kanda and made a run with that alliance... especially since if you can net top 250 in the sub events you get heroic tokens for the alliance. But more slots would need to be unlocked (I haven't farmed enough HP on my alt to unlock more yet, but my alt could leave for people too if we got some more slots.

S'cool. As I said I'll be earning points but no Laken means I do it the long way around. Its pretty free due to the unbracketing but you got to fight for your slot. Glad to know you guys got good replacements and rank fillers though. FInals week of college really dented the team hard. I'll only be around for Sentry and eventually Iron Fist to have him though. I dont plan on sticking around and life is getting busy. I got 2 job offers and possibly still a third. Only one doesn't require moving but its the only one that is still contract only. Lots to do...still its nice having my career doing well. Soon in a few months I might play more in general depending on how the meta evolves. We'll see.

Main thing is career, but I do break for a Sentry. His strike tile is friggin ridiculous.

zulux21

S'cool. As I said I'll be earning points but no Laken means I do it the long way around. Its pretty free due to the unbracketing but you got to fight for your slot. Glad to know you guys got good replacements and rank fillers though. FInals week of college really dented the team hard. I'll only be around for Sentry and eventually Iron Fist to have him though. I dont plan on sticking around and life is getting busy. I got 2 job offers and possibly still a third. Only one doesn't require moving but its the only one that is still contract only. Lots to do...still its nice having my career doing well. Soon in a few months I might play more in general depending on how the meta evolves. We'll see.

Main thing is career, but I do break for a Sentry. His strike tile is friggin ridiculous.

well if they are good paying jobs you can always come back paying a few hundred to get competitive right quick again :p

zulux21

again just a heads up to the guys that normally wait to join the events... this new event has alliance rewards for each subevent (or at least the first one) meaning if you join last minute you are going to be missing out on a number of tokens (likely heroic :p)

shaowebb

well if they are good paying jobs you can always come back paying a few hundred to get competitive right quick again :p

DEFINITELY good paying. *blah blah blah talks about work and shit then realizes its not really relevant to the thread*

I'm still too fucking cheap to buy cover packs though :D

KuroNeeko

Sooo, I'm pretty into this game. Can I join one of the alliances? One of the Overflow alliances would be great!

I'm pushing hard(ish) in this event so I can get another cover for my Psylocke. Awesome that she'll be powered up in the 21-23 event.

I'm kicking myself for selling off 2&#9733; Daken since I didn't realize you NEED him to do the new Prodigal Sun: Manhattan quests. Oh well.

A question -

If I get a token (Prodigal Sun, for example) and don't use it before the event ends - can I still use it after the event or do I have to wait for those packs to be released again?

Also, how often do they add new characters to the game? I imagine that have to license each character individually but it feels like there should be more in the game.

Last, on the PVP page there are two Season 1 buttons on the right. One says "Season 1. Player: 5000" and the other says 286 of 5000. Is that "5000" count the number of players in my bracket or all players?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb, you're just gonna gun for the cover in the event and then.. never use it? Why must you treat Sentry and Iron Fist like trophy husbandos?!

Sooo, I'm pretty into this game. Can I join one of the alliances? One of the Overflow alliances would be great!

I'm pushing hard(ish) in this event so I can get another cover for my Psylocke. Awesome that she'll be powered up in the 21-23 event.

I'm kicking myself for selling off 2&#9733; Daken since I didn't realize you NEED him to do the new Prodigal Sun: Manhattan quests. Oh well.

A question -

If I get a token (Prodigal Sun, for example) and don't use it before the event ends - can I still use it after the event or do I have to wait for those packs to be released again?

Also, how often do they add new characters to the game? I imagine that have to license each character individually but it feels like there should be more in the game.

Last, on the PVP page there are two Season 1 buttons on the right. One says "Season 1. Player: 5000" and the other says 286 of 5000. Is that "5000" count the number of players in my bracket or all players?
As of a recent patch, you can use it after the event ends and it will still work like it would if the event was still up.

They seem to be adding a new character with every successive PvE event now; which seems to be about bi-weekly.

5000 is the count for the number of players in your bracket.

Top Bottom