• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Most of us haven't started Loki yet. I just played two matches and am #9 in GAF-vengers :p
I haven't seriously started it either just included it in the change.

I'm down to join one of the guilds if there is a free opening. Currently ranked 35 in season 1, 12th in oscorp tower. Waiting to start Loki.

Still fairly early in the game using a mix of 1-3 star cards.

what are your actual point totals... rankings are sadly meaningless when it comes to alliance rankings as all brackets are not created equal in requirements for points. (either way there is still one opening in either alliance, just deciding where to send you)

toneroni

Ah that makes sense. I might be in nooby brackets since I started recently.

Season 1 is 31xx
Oscorp total is 167xx
Oscorp heroic is 61xx

Not sure how that looks. Wonder if being in a small 5 person alliance seeds me with lower groups also. Either way it'd be more fun to play w gaffers rather than strangers I'm sure.

zulux21

Ah that makes sense. I might be in nooby brackets since I started recently.

Season 1 is 31xx
Oscorp total is 167xx
Oscorp heroic is 61xx

Not sure how that looks. Wonder if being in a small 5 person alliance seeds me with lower groups also. Either way it'd be more fun to play w gaffers rather than strangers I'm sure.

alright then, that's solid enough to get in vengers for now (as that should secure us getting a daken) I'll have volimar move over to gaf-kanda in north's recently vacated slot. so just apply to gaf-vengers and I will add you to the alliance. (also say what your user name on MPQ is if it's not toneroni)

kswiston

alright then, that's solid enough to get in vengers for now (as that should secure us getting a daken) I'll have volimar move over to gaf-kanda in north's recently vacated slot. so just apply to gaf-vengers and I will add you to the alliance. (also say what your user name on MPQ is if it's not toneroni)

Woohoo for getting the Alliance Dakan! I have 17 679 points in my Oscorp bracket, and am still #160!

15 of the soon to be 20 GAF-vengers would be missing their personal Dakan cover if they were in my bracket.

zulux21

Woohoo for getting the Alliance Dakan! I have 17 679 points in my Oscorp bracket, and am still #160!

15 of the soon to be 20 GAF-vengers would be missing their personal Dakan cover if they were in my bracket.

yeah I am not in shape to get one either, hopefully the last event part opens up and I can do the repeatable events in the main part and rubber band my way up... if that doesn't open up i am screwed as that first part completely screwed me.

but yeah as soon as that last guy joins if we continue our pace in the event we should be fine. (meanwhile before the changes of people we were targeted to get 165th or so)

cobell

Also what's the reason that in PVE events, the points keep changing for the battles? Do they want us to keep switching up events or something?

The amount of points a battle is worth is based on your rank and how many times you've played a specific battle.

The lower your rank, the more points a battle is worth. And roughly after about 6 fights for a battle it is only worth 1 point until the points "reset" which is about 12 hours or so.

So this kind of let's people way behind sort of catch up to a reasonable ranking. Though it seems as time passes the levels of the PVE battle rises.

toneroni

Hey how do you change your SN in the game? I'm gonna hook up a spam FB too to get some ISO sharing action. I just left my alliance and will request.

Thanks for the info cobell. Yeah I noticed if I mix it up or just wait they go back up a bit.

zulux21

Hey how do you change your SN in the game? I'm gonna hook up a spam FB too to get some ISO sharing action. I just left my alliance and will request.

i don't know of any option in the pc version... but alas that just uses my steam accounts name. If there is no option in the mobile version you could try contacting customer support though.

Man, this game is screwing me right now. I'm only in the 300-400 range in PvP and all I'm facing are 141 Punisher and Hulks no matter how many times I skip. Then the PvE has me facing teams for pretty little points and still managing to lose against normal teams because the damn board is filled with purples and that asshole Bullseye is often on the team. So I'm sorta stuck grinding away fro almost nothing.

It's starting to feel like this player matching stuff makes leveling useless. My chances of winning actually get worse the stronger I make my 3*s because they just team me up against much stronger players (or stupid strong AI).

I really want another IM40, but it doesn't look like they'll let me get close.

Okay, it's ten pack time!

Let's see...

1. Lazy Thor Red!
2. MN Mags purple. Eh. he's already maxed out for me.
3. Bag Man blue :(
4. Another MN Mags purple. :mad:
5. Ares yellow. Cool, I did need that.
6. Ugh, CStorm Yellow.
7. You gotta be shitting me, ANOTHER MN Mags purple!
8. Bullseye purple?!? Dang.
9 2 star Wolverine yellow. This sucks.
10. Arrrrg, OBW purple. I've had her maxed out since last year.

WHAT A SHIT HAUL. OMG.

EDIT: correction, my Ares is 1 green/1 red/5 yellow. So I couldn't even use that either. That red LThor is literally the only thing I could use at all.

Bairds

Neo Member

Let's see...

1. Lazy Thor Red!
6. Ugh, CStorm Yellow.
10. Arrrrg, OBW purple. I've had he maxed out since last year.

WHAT A SHIT HAUL. OMG.

Yeesh, what garbage, at least there wasn't 3 or 4 Captain Americas 2*... I swear if I pull Star-Spangled Banner one more time...

Askani

The game keeps trying to push bag man on me...

:(

Know the Bagman. Love the Bagman. When some super buff comes to counteract how shitty he's been all this time, he will rise up and take you to the top with him. All hail our master, Bagman!

/CultOfBagman

animus82

Banned

Let's see...

1. Lazy Thor Red!
6. Ugh, CStorm Yellow.

WHAT A SHIT HAUL. OMG.

EDIT: correction, my Ares is 1 green/1 red/5 yellow. So I couldn't even use that either. That red LThor is literally the only thing I could use at all.

Daaamnnn Duane. That sucks man....

Better luck next time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Let's see...

1. Lazy Thor Red!
6. Ugh, CStorm Yellow.

WHAT A SHIT HAUL. OMG.

There's always Season 2 with a L. Nick Fury reward!

kswiston

combination of people getting points today and fresh blood in the alliance

Seems like whatever glitch screwed some of us over early in this event got diluted. I was able to improve my rank like 140 places today. I'm now sitting at 110 after never being higher than 160.

zulux21

Seems like whatever glitch screwed some of us over early in this event got diluted. I was able to improve my rank like 140 places today. I'm now sitting at 110 after never being higher than 160.
well now instead of being stuck in random brackets holding you back from catching up in the main.... you can rubber band your way up your main bracket... I will at least get a top 150 which is all i really care about.

Askani

IM40 event? Cool. Hopefully I can scare some people away from my team with my 141 Iron Man and get a good score this round.

Doh! Forgot about the end of the Loki event this morning and got caught up with work of all things... I was actually doing fairly well in it...

zulux21

Oh rats, I thought Loki ended tonight too. Oh well, on to IM40.

the event with daken as a reward ends tonight... though that's really for personal info at this point as I think we are set to get a cover (I don't think I can manage a top 30 though... top 150 for should doable though... so I will only have two covers)

and oh hey R53 patch just came out for steam.

I wonder if they are going to start a daken event in about 2 days to end the first season with.

Askani

I'm 31 in my Oscorp bracket currently. Going to take a little luck to get me into and keep me in the top 30 when the event ends.

animus82

Banned
Are you fucking serious with more RAG rewards?

it appears that most of their player base has stopped paying money so they are offering crap rewards non stop.

Why not Psycloke, or Daredevil, Human Torch even?

Just non stop Rags and Loki.

zulux21

Are you fucking serious with more RAG rewards?

it appears that most of their player base has stopped paying money so they are offering crap rewards non stop.

Why not Psycloke, or Daredevil, Human Torch even?

Just non stop Rags and Loki.

They should start doing goofy events... where they revert characters to prenerf levels for the event :p

Askani

Well shit. Just got a free ticket to the game tonight. Not sure how much of a push I can make for the Oscorp event.

My events are only giving me 2-300 points as it is. There's not much of a push I was going to be able to make with that anyway.

zulux21

Well shit. Just got a free ticket to the game tonight. Not sure how much of a push I can make for the Oscorp event.

My events are only giving me 2-300 points as it is. There's not much of a push I was going to be able to make with that anyway.

well on the plus side we are like 28th right now, so there is little doubt as an alliance that we will get a top 75 in the daken event, so worst case you will at least have that cover to compete with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I'm in one of those fucked brackets. There's no reason why I should be this low considering how much I put into every phase of Oscorp. Barely maintaining sub-200.

zulux21

I think I'm in one of those fucked brackets. There's no reason why I should be this low considering how much I put into every phase of Oscorp. Barely maintaining sub-200.

so... this popped in my head reading your post...

in general... I feel your pain myself :/ i should at least get a top 150 but I won't do much better.

DUN DUN DUN SPIDER MAN NERF INFO
Yellow move.
8MNUr.png
This ability went through the most changes in design. It went from a numbers tweaked version of its old self, which was either underpowered or overpowered solely based on how well it worked with All Tied Up. To remedy this, it went to an easier to balance self heal that threw out group heals if enough Web tiles on the board. This worked better but didn't feel very Spider-Man-like. In order for it to feel good enough to use, it had to be so powerful in the heal that Spider-Man felt more like Phoenix, rising from the ashes. Eventually, it morphed into the current form.

In this form, the ability is still somewhat of a high cost, so it's not a simple matter to throw out healing. This enables players to go into an AP denial mode against an opponent using Spider-Man and prevent them from easily healing the team. At the same time, it benefits from using All Tied Up without full on requiring the ability to be used multiple times in order to be useful. This allows players to feel like the ability is useful on its own without completely tying it to another ability that with its own changes makes it not a 100% relied upon source of power.

BLUE MOVE
This change is less extreme than the one to Web Bandages, but still serves to bring this ability into line with the other Stuns in the game. The ability remains low cost and able to quickly ramp up in effectiveness given the increasing number of Web tiles on the board. This encourages players to constantly use the power instead of hoarding it for a burst as it is often used at current. Each level of the ability now greatly adds to its utility, making Level 5 highly valuable in increasing the effectiveness of the ability. At that level, a three turn Stun and the low cost enables Spider-Man to keep up a perma-stun on the opponent with enough matches available, someone feeding Blue AP, or a cache of available Blue AP. So it's still a possibly powerful ability in the hands of a player/team that is geared to take advantage of it. However, unlike previously it does not allow Spider-Man to lock down an enemy for each and every Blue match that is made, often deciding the battle's course with a single Blue match.

PURPLE MOVE
This ability was untouched in form but the numbers were rebalanced a bit. The max number of Web tiles needed for this skill was reduced from 5 to 3 with the lower end of the Protect tile strengths being brought down as well. This makes the ability one that you want to start triggering Web tiles for immediately instead of just working with what you get, as the higher end Protect tiles can make a real difference. However, the top end for the old ability was a bit too high, allowing Spider-Man to make Protect tiles that rivaled the highest cost Protect oriented abilities, much less a Passive.

well I am glad I never bothered to level up my spiderman, as I can't see me using him over 2 star widow anymore... I wonder how bad mags will get it... looking at this I figure it will be something like
mags red 6ap min does a bit more base damge
mags blue costs 9 does the same thing
mags purple does 20% of the damage it currently does :p

oh well hopefully they rebalance their scaling with this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looks like they've made changes for how brackets work as well.

To give a brief postmortem and a recent change, since they’re linked:

With our growing user base (yay!), our servers have been hit harder lately, especially at peak hours and Event ends. We’re investigating ways to bring the load down so that users can continue to play without experiencing any large scale interruptions. We made a change recently on the back end that allows us to “shard” our servers for Tournaments and Events so that any single server won’t get hit as hard during peak hours.

On Monday (5/12), our servers hit a snag with one of the remaining portions of the system that isn’t yet in this newer style of sharding, the S.H.I.E.L.D. Training leaderboards. With a larger than usual load from our Event combined with the load from our first Season coming to an end, users in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training broke the camel’s back. We’ve taken steps to prevent this in the future, but it demonstrates the reasons for bracketing and sharding our server structure.

The changes that we made to help with this with S.H.I.E.L.D. Training are as follows:
• New players enter into smaller brackets
• Older players are divided into new, smaller brackets
• Older players see their S.H.I.E.L.D. Training placement rank go up since they will be in a smaller bracket
• Since S.H.I.E.L.D. Training does not have placement rewards, this has no real effect on player progress

Our matchmaking, scaling, and rubber banding systems are always changing and will very likely continue to do so for the life of the game. We may make changes that require some user readjustment such as this one, but please understand that we always make these alterations with the full intention to make the game a better one for everyone.

Source.

NomarTyme

Yeah the new bracket really sucks. So my strategy to wait things out really doesn't matter that much.

Next up on the nerf chopping block is my CMags... I'll miss his blue.

zulux21

so... of note harukano in gaf-kanda is my galaxy note (I recently got one and I am goofing around seeing how fast I can build a competitive team)... I figure that account can just ride in the alliance and when it collects enough HP to buy a slot it will and slowly it will just open the rest of the slots unless a real player wants to have a slot (there is still an open one :p)

I should also maybe set up facebook stuff for it just for the heck of sharing with people :p

Signed into the game and saw it was too early for joining Iron Man, but before I went to do season danger room battles I noticed the Heroic event only had 11 m left. "Ehh, I might be able to win something decent in a super-late-joiners bracket" (been focusing on PvP this week so I basically skipped that whole event).

Anyway, looks like I get a Daken cover :)

Hopefully he's required for an event soon so I can start getting decent PVE awards again and get back on the train

zulux21

Signed into the game and saw it was too early for joining Iron Man, but before I went to do season danger room battles I noticed the Heroic event only had 11 m left. "Ehh, I might be able to win something decent in a super-late-joiners bracket" (been focusing on PvP this week so I basically skipped that whole event).

Anyway, looks like I get a Daken cover :)

Hopefully he's required for an event soon so I can start getting decent PVE awards again and get back on the train

he will be the chosen character of the next pvp event and needed in like 10% of the nodes in the next PVE event

Volimar

Smashed up against a wall in my shield climb. Went instantly from lvl 40-60 enemies to lvl 100-120. A couple of chain reactions and boom, dead.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
Not sure about the new Spidey blue, seems weaker but if leveled you just store the blue then spam loads of stuns with extra turns added. Not too keen on the yellow.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can people fight back in the SHIELD simulator or no? Haven't had anyone attack me, but I'm down to focus on that in the next few days to help secure Fury.

Top Bottom