• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

ice cream

Banned
First fighting game I'm gonna buy. I only played the demo against my 7 year old brother and I still love it. He even beat me a few times but only when I put handicap up for him :D.

I work at a Dave and Busters and on Friday night the techs were moving a game to the back to dismantle and I asked what game it was and they gave me the bad news.......

It was Marvel VS Capcom 2 :(
I was like WTF, people still play that who made this horrible decision and then we all remembered that it was coming out on XBLA and we'd all just play online once it came out :)

smoothj

Teknoman said:
Capcom has teamed up with some of hip-hop's greatest talents to produce a downloadable mixtape, replacing the game's original jazzy soundtrack with something a little easier to fight to.

Optional additional soundtrack? Nice. Need preview now.

EDIT: Info from the past -

The summer re-release of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 features the same wacky jazz as the original game, but Capcom revealed to Kotaku today plans for a star-studded free bonus soundtrack players can fight to instead.

Given that not everyone thinks that a battle between Wolverine and M.Bison should be set to jazz, Capcom will offer a downloadable hip-hop mixtape themed to Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. The mixtape will be offered digitally close to the pending summer re-release of the game on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation 3's PlayStation Network, according to Capcom.

Forget the jazz. Might you like to beat up Marvel's roster to some hip-hop instead?

Artists features on the game's "mixtape" include the following rap greats, who, we're told, are providing original songs inspired by MvsC2 and other fighting games and fighting game themes:

- Raekwon
- Talib Kweli
- E40
- DJ Qbert
- Hieroglyphics
- The Grouch and Eligh of Living Legends
- Planet Asia
- MC Supernatural
- Havoc of Mobb Deep
- DJ Toure
- And more...

And its going to be free.

that list is bananas son!!!!!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BigJonsson said:
I was like WTF, people still play that who made this horrible decision and then we all remembered that it was coming out on XBLA and we'd all just play online once it came out :)

Unless your Dave and Busters got an advanced copy of this release, I wouldn't dismantle it so soon.

Fighting game people are fickle. If this isn't Dreamcast/Arcade perfect (and trust me, fighting game/SRK people WILL bitch if it isn't), they'll go to Dave and Busters/arcades and play it there/if they don't have Dreamcasts.

kai3345

Banned
Mag-fuckin'-neto

Unfortunatley I will be out of town when this comes out :(

Oh well, getting it as soon as I get home though

TheSeks said:
Unless your Dave and Busters got an advanced copy of this release, I wouldn't dismantle it so soon.

Fighting game people are fickle. If this isn't Dreamcast/Arcade perfect (and trust me, fighting game/SRK people WILL bitch if it isn't), they'll go to Dave and Busters/arcades and play it there/if they don't have Dreamcasts.
not exactly the correct definition of fickle

TheSeks

_dementia said:
not exactly the correct definition of fickle

Eh, I'm somewhat tired and can't be bothered to dictionary myself. :lol

Not many people played it anyway, but it was one of the games that staff played a lot

Its all wrapped and ready to be shipped out now
Same with Soul Calibur 2

No fighting games left =/

vulva

HiResDes said:
It's all about picking the right characters really, Cable is pretty easy to be decent with...Tron Bonne is good for beginners, Ironman is decent for beginners, and Sentinel was relatively easy for me personally though he's a little harder to get really good with.
I was just playing this in a cabinet, my problem is that I play it like any other street fighter/traditional fighter. I don't switch characters ever, I don't call for assists... I pretty much just do it one at a time. I can make it to level 5 in the arcade and then it starts to fall apart for me =\

TheSeks

Happy Phantom said:
I was just playing this in a cabinet, my problem is that I play it like any other street fighter/traditional fighter. I don't switch characters ever, I don't call for assists... I pretty much just do it one at a time. I can make it to level 5 in the arcade and then it starts to fall apart for me =\

Learn to:

-QCF/HCF +PP/KK to use that level 5.
-Use that to switch into another character's hyper-combo.
-Switch characters on the fly to save your one character for later (if you need their special)
-Combo super-combo (Assist 1/2 assist 1/2 quickly) to spend 3 super levels. Given the combo/order (A/B/Y) of your team, you can quickly waste one enemy if your opponent is caught offguard by this.

Really, the vs series is very easy to get into. It's not hard to learn MvC2 if you devote a little reading time into the controls and then practice in practice mode on those (snapbacks/assist calls/supers).

ALL THE CHARACTERS boil down to QCF/HCF supers in MvC2. ALL. You don't even need to learn any of the characters indivdual skills (which do differ among characters) to be good.

neoism

360 day 1 GT ne0ism 0=number! also I suck so if you want to fill good about yourself, come and beat me up! :) :/

TheSeks

Rlan said:
How DO you do the "switch characters in the middle of a Super move" thing anyhow?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/562932/7354 said:
11) LINKABLE HYPER COMBOS. These seem to be deadly variations of that ability
CAPCOM added to Sony's crappy, PSX conversion of the VS. Series. Basically,
the first Hyper Combo is interrupted as the next partner comes in to execute
his Hyper Combo, while the first character jumps out. Do this as many times
you please, or your Hyper Bar allows.

How do you do it? It's not rocket science. Let's say you have Strider Hiryuu,
Sakura, and Guile. Strider's in, and you just executed Legion. While all
Strider's friendly robotic animals come out to play, simply execute Sakura's
Midare Zakura. She will pop in and nail your opponent as Strider's Hyper Combo
dissipates. Then while she starts to pummel the opponent, you can then execute
Guile's Sonic Hurricane. Yay, the school girl hops out and is replaced by
Guile, and the opponent's torture continues. Keep an eye on those Hyper Bars
though. That is, if you can still see clearly after all the colors and bright
flashes that appeared on the screen.

(Wow, GAF doesn't let you post just quotes)

Not too sure it's allowed to copy-paste from an FAQ (which should be fine given I'm giving credit by a link) but if not I'll remove it.

xero273

Rlan said:
How DO you do the "switch characters in the middle of a Super move" thing anyhow?

do the super move for the partner you want in during the super move of your on screen character.

Timedog said:
I'm getting this solely because they claimed that if you can play marvel, you can play any fighting game. It looks like it should help me get used to my stick too when I get one.
The quote is: "if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball."

actually, it's that if you can BLOCK in Marvel, you can block in any game, and that's true

TheSeks

Balb said:
Can't wait, but it would have been interesting if they had implemented a 6 player online mode.

Uh...? What? Maybe I misread this, but how would you have 6 players in a 3 vs 3 (one at a time/tag-teamable) two player game?

n3ss

aka acr0nym
If anyone feels like losing to team Watts get at me. I'll mostly be trying to learn team Clock :D

GT: n33ss

TheSeks said:
Uh...? What? Maybe I misread this, but how would you have 6 players in a 3 vs 3 (one at a time/tag-teamable) two player game?

One player for each team member, duh. Would get annoying to have bad teammates calling you out for an assist in the middle of an opposition super combo, or just tagging you in when you subbed out to recover health.

Will be getting Gold this weekend for this game, GT is

ShoNuff1982

mike0513

Banned
I've already got my curly stache and can of pringles set up by the tv. Now all I need is my "F*CK tha NICKS!!" T-shirt and I'll be damn well prepared.

f221za.jpg

SO PRINGLES!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I cannot wait for this, even though the PS2 version is sitting on my shelf. Right there. Within arm's reach.
I have the PS2 version too. Fuck that thing. Even aside from the new download version you'd be better off playing the arcade-perfect Dreamcast version. I'm gonna sell it to desperate collectors (it is rare) and so should you.

BocoDragon said:
I have the PS2 version too. Fuck that thing. Even aside from the new download version you'd be better off playing the arcade-perfect Dreamcast version. I'm gonna sell it to desperate collectors (it is rare) and so should you.
Yea...I really should. I doubt I'd play it anyway with the XBLA version coming soon. I don't have a copy of the DC version, but last I heard it was fairly cheap. I just don't like trading/selling my games. =[

-PXG-

PSN = PXG_S3
XBL = PXG 360

I might get this for 360, if I have left over points after buying the new Gears 2 maps.

you think they'll have those missing slices of background worked out by release? i just watched some of those character walkthroughs on gametrailers and they were still present. and they're from this month.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Yea...I really should. I doubt I'd play it anyway with the XBLA version coming soon. I don't have a copy of the DC version, but last I heard it was fairly cheap. I just don't like trading/selling my games. =[
Oh I understand.. I never sell anything either.. But about a year ago I came to realize that the Dreamcast version is perfect since it originally ran on Naomi, which is basically a DC (same goes for Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2). Couple the arcade perfection with the DC VGA box which looks better than any PS2 output even in the age of HD and... well, the PS2 version looks more and more like a really ghetto port.... I don't usually sell a thing but that version holds no unique value for me anymore.

The Playstation HD version with custom soundtracks (and a downloadable hip hop soundtrack mixed just for it!) just puts the final nail in the coffin for me.

I'm gonna scramble it soon since I doubt the price will remain high for long...

BocoDragon said:
Oh I understand.. I never sell anything either.. But about a year ago I came to realize that the Dreamcast version is perfect since it originally ran on Naomi, which is basically a DC (same goes for Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2). Couple the arcade perfection with the DC VGA box which looks better than any PS2 output even in the age of HD and... well, the PS2 version looks more and more like a really ghetto port.... I don't usually sell a thing but that version holds no unique value for me anymore.

The Playstation HD version with custom soundtracks (and a downloadable hip hop soundtrack mixed just for it!) just puts the final nail in the coffin for me.

I'm gonna scramble it soon since I doubt the price will remain high for long...
Hmm, if I could find a copy of the DC version, I would be all over selling it.

-PXG-

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Hmm, if I could find a copy of the DC version, I would be all over selling it.

If you're going to have that name, you're going to have to use a JGR or JSRF avatar.....

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Barkley's Justice said:
you think they'll have those missing slices of background worked out by release? i just watched some of those character walkthroughs on gametrailers and they were still present. and they're from this month.

Will not be fixed or messed with as far as the last build i played.

TheSeks

Sho_Nuff82 said:
One player for each team member, duh.

That would be fucking stupid. Esp. given the game is BUILT around 2-player. :lol Or maybe I'm just used to having BOTH fighters on my team be under my control in fighting tag-team games.

You could def. count me out if there was a six player mode, though. Just because we both know they wouldn't call in or chain supers. :lol

Top Bottom