• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

kuYuri

Old?

Mahvel FightStick

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7410501&postcount=74
100_1165s.jpg

What is the point of 8 buttons? You only assign the 6 buttons in the options, no HK+HP or LP+HP options. Guess thats why theyre white buttons, and meant for other games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SecretBonusPoint said:
What is the point of 8 buttons? You only assign the 6 buttons in the options, no HK+HP or LP+HP options. Guess thats why theyre white buttons, and meant for other games.

Exactly. Games like Tekken (is that coming to the 360?) use 8 buttons, IIRC.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Well I assigned the 360 controller triggers to the same as the default LB and RB because it felt more like playing on the DC, but hey 4 buttons is easier to hit then 2 for that hyper viper beam :lol

Foov

I have the PS3 version and I've noticed that when playing 1 player against the computer, on whatever difficulty and with any combo of characters I've chosen, the computer selection is always the same. The first fight is always against Omega Red/Dr Doom/Collossus, the second fight always has Spiderman, Zangief and so on... there doesn't seem to be any randomizer, which is odd as I have the original Dreamcast game and that was not the case in that version at all. Is this a known issue? Has Capcom said anything about fixing it?

LiK

ewww, the stick uses the new art. glad i didn't preorder it.

btw, someone needs to put Mickey ears on the Marvel characters.

okno

I´m going to be downloading this game very shortly, if any PSN gaffers want to play a couple of matches hit me up. My PSN ID is GoodBoyKujo (I really wish you could use commas in your ID :( It should be GoodBoy,Kujo).

n3ss

aka acr0nym
okno said:
I´m going to be downloading this game very shortly, if any PSN gaffers want to play a couple of matches hit me up. My PSN ID is GoodBoyKujo (I really wish you could use commas in your ID :( It should be GoodBoy,Kujo).

It seems no one on Gaf plays this game on 360...

TheSeks

n3ss said:
It seems no one on Gaf plays this game on 360...

I play it on both. :eek:

Most fighting game fans are going to be on PS3, it's for obvious reasons. (*cough*better D-pad*cough*)

n3ss

aka acr0nym
TheSeks said:
I play it on both. :eek:

Most fighting game fans are going to be on PS3, it's for obvious reasons. (*cough*better D-pad*cough*)

You're not a true fighting game fan when you choose use a D-pad over a stick (Tekken players are exempt from this rule).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I really, really hate that new MvC2 art.

But other than that, it's good to get more of these TE's out there...

Ploid 3.0

Man playing this online is very weird. Some matches I do ok, some I dominate, the rest I just keep getting murdered. The ok matches are very rare, the dominating matches are slightly less rare, but getting murdered is a clear majority for me. Some people have no shame in playing keep away, while some are just very skillful and can get you in a air combo by force.

I really need to find that tier list. I need some ranged attacks. BB hood's projectiles are too slow to keep up to ice, cyclops, ironman, etc.

Edit:found

Tier-list (Over-all Value to Team)
God Tier:
Sentinel
Storm
Magneto
Cable
Note:It is generally accepted that Sentinel and Storm are slightly above Cable and Magneto within this tier, but this is a very very slight difference.

Top Tier:
Cyclops
Iron Man
War Machine
Doctor Doom
Strider
Spiral

(wow I didn't know Strider was that high with those guys)

Upper Tier:
Blackheart
Psylocke
Captain Commando
Tron Bonne
Dhalsim
Anakaris

(I knew there was something special about Dhalsim. The dude is pretty good. Long range combos, can stay in the air a long time, and teleports)

Middle Tier:
Cammy
Colossus
Gambit
Iceman
Juggernaut
Marrow
Guile
Mega Man
Omega Red
Rogue
Ruby Heart
Charlie
B.B.Hood
Ken

(Surprised Ryu and Akuma is in lower tier while ken is in the above.)

Low Tier:
Akuma
Ryu
Silver Samurai
M.Bison
Captain America
Jin
Jill
Wolverine
Wolverine - Claw
Venom
Felicia
Morrigan
Sakura
SonSon

Bottom Tier:
Amingo
Chun-Li
Hayato
Sabretooth
Hulk
Shuma-Gorath
Spiderman
Thanos
Zangief
Dan
Servbot

(shocked hulk, spiderman, and Saber is in this. I should try them out. Jugger in middle tier, guess most of these characters aren't so jacked up to pick after all.)

Roll Tier:
Roll

After seeing these tiers I guess everyone is good to pick other than god tier maybe top tier too "for me".

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I rarely if ever pick the higher up characters. But yeah, online is basically any team with at least one sentinel, magneto, cable and storm with keep away tactics ala projectiles and assists. It gets annoying and boring really fast. I tend to pick up close and personal characters like Psylocke, Spidey, Guile and Akuma. They have close to no answers for those characters.

Ploid 3.0

MMaRsu said:
How the fuck is Rogue middle tier? I annihilate people online using my storm/rogue/sentinel combo :lol

Gief in iron mode and stuck as support/backup is hax too. I had to look at the list again, I thought gief was broken this way. Going to learn to play gief now. Guile/BB Hood/Gief, put Gief in the front so I can buff asap then change out. Tough to mess with that support.

DR2K

Banned
n3ss said:
You're not a true fighting game fan when you choose use a D-pad over a stick (Tekken players are exempt from this rule).

Yeah, that's not true at all. Sticks are not the end all be all for fighting games.

MMaRsu said:
How the fuck is Rogue middle tier? I annihilate people online using my storm/rogue/sentinel combo :lol

Rogue's biggest problem against top tier is getting in on them. And top tier excel at keeping 99% of the roster away, but if you can manage to get in then the pain can begin.

I wish they rebalanced the game.

nilbog21

Banned
anyone want to play w/ me on PSN? add me @ Primemover21
please mention that you are from gaf or i might not add

i play team scrub (cable sentinel capcom). im alright, wish i was better

Ploid 3.0

nilbog21 said:
anyone want to play w/ me on PSN? add me @ Primemover21
please mention that you are from gaf or i might not add

i play team scrub (cable sentinel capcom). im alright, wish i was better

You up for some sparing now?

Edit: Shoot I sent the friend request before saying I was from gaf. My bad

Bleepey

I still struggle with air combos, oh well. My team so far includes: Cable, Spiral and i am thinking of adding either Cyclops or Psylocke. Someone who can get in deal fast and deal with matters fast

TheSeks

DR2K said:
I wish they rebalanced the game.

I wish they dropped the bullshit ranked achievements. Leave that space for people that want to only play MSP/S. :|

Playing MvC2 is supposed to be a social/fun experince despite the brokeness of the characters. Any character can beat Cable if the other player sucks, that is what makes it fun. :lol

If Capcom makes a MvC3 (Disney/Marvel, if you find this from a Google Search: License Capcom to do this, but demand 2D hand-drawn sprites from your artists and Capcom since I don't want 3D SF4 looking 2D fighting anymore), I really hope they bring SRK/tourney players in to tweak/himm-and-haww about the balance/changes to characters and additions to the roster before they release it. That would be the serious entry for the Vs series.

Isn't TvC balanced somewhat though? It seems Capcom has learned in the decade since this release.

CPS2

TvC is pretty broken but they are removing some of the infinites for the US version. I doubt they'll remove 100% combos though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I realize that this really shouldn't be a big deal, but why does Backbone have to fuck with EVERYTHING. I mean, fuck! just leave the intro alone! Don't change the menus!

Why can't I have the authentic DC experience on another console? Why does Backbone have to put effort into fucking shit up?

Dave1988

thetrin said:
I realize that this really shouldn't be a big deal, but why does Backbone have to fuck with EVERYTHING. I mean, fuck! just leave the intro alone! Don't change the menus!

Why can't I have the authentic DC experience on another console? Why does Backbone have to put effort into fucking shit up?

That's what they get paid for ;p

Little_Luke

Neo Member
Anyone else having issues getting online with the ps3? To add to the 3.0 issues; after I updated I cannot find quick matches and it locks up when doing an open search.

DR2K

Banned
TheSeks said:
Isn't TvC balanced somewhat though? It seems Capcom has learned in the decade since this release.

More characters can be played at a competitive level, but there are still some balance issues in TvC.

gutabo

Oh god, I finally got the game! Who wants to play on 360? I will kick your arses with servbot! I don't have a stick yet tho...

GT: Gutabo2

P.S.: I'm having a hard time trying to get matches online... where's everyone?

AlfaTrion

gutabo said:
No one? :(

Maybe everyone is playing SF4?
gutabo! you're back!!

i'm guessing you finally were allowed to use a credit card in your country?

Either everyone is playing SF4, Blazblue or Batman (this is my guess) :)

AlfaTrion said:
gutabo! you're back!!

actually, I think much of GAF's BlazBlue community has tapered off too.

gutabo

AlfaTrion said:
gutabo! you're back!!

Yes, I'm back! Long story short, I have Mahvel on my 360 now! Couple of cons:
- No stick for me yet, and even though I had some d-pad experience on the DC for 6 months(before I built my own stick), the 360 stick is one of the worst piece of junk ever. I even have issues trying to go from crouching block into standing block without jumping, and let's not even talk about special/super moves...
- LAG. I was a Magneto user, and I hate that whenever some other Mags(with a stick and what seems like no lag for them) starts rushing me down, the gameplay drops to maybe 10 frames per second and I get to see a ROM slideshow.

So far my main strategy has been using Spiral/Servbot/Capcom(YES, SERVBOT ON RANKED MATCHES BAYBEE!!!), getting a full meter with spiral while chipping the opponent as much as I can, then switching Servbot in and killing them USING SERVBOT. Yes, I'm serious. And I've got very far with this strat, I got up to 697 on the global matches ranking, and then I hit a wall against top tier only teams. Last time I saw my ranking it was 800 or 900 or something like that, anyway it was SO MUCH FUN... also many comebacks with CapCom :D

Then I switched to some Anakaris/Dhalsim/other teams (using well positioned coffin drops with Anak and teleport runaway with Sim) but I mostly lost against top tier teams. I'm not complaining, it was fun too getting people confused with weird tactics from old times. I even tried to do some Strider/Doom but unlike dhalsim's teleport, if you miss Strider's another move comes out and it's GGPO for stride.

I will play again this weekend for sure, so if you want to try to beat my servbot, I'm game!

P.S.: Gamertag: Gutabo2

sturmdogg

Just bought this game yesterday. I like it but I suuuuuck big time.

Quick question: do those sticks I see in the Pick-up post thread make it easier to play this game?

Rlan

Went back to it a few days ago, got my arse handed to me far more than I did before.

Some jerk was using a Megaman / Tronne combo where ducking Megaman can avoid basically everything and Tronne can come in and nix about a third of your health instantly.

Fuck that guy. Yikes.

gutabo

sturmdogg said:
Quick question: do those sticks I see in the Pick-up post thread make it easier to play this game?
That's a trick question. If you're not a stick user, you'll have to adapt first to the stick. Also, to "play the game better" besides solid tactics and knowledge of the game(among other thins) you need good execution, which most of the times is better with a stick.

Short version: Yes, but getting a stick will not make you better at the game, practice will. A stick will make it easier to hit all the buttons if you're used to using it.

I think I didn't answer your question, so please forgive me.

gutabo

Rlan said:
Went back to it a few days ago, got my arse handed to me far more than I did before.

Some jerk was using a Megaman / Tronne combo where ducking Megaman can avoid basically everything and Tronne can come in and nix about a third of your health instantly.

Fuck that guy. Yikes.
Ah Megaman... a snapback might make the trick? What's your team?

EDIT: Against a friend of mine with a great Megaman, I used to do (with Magneto) c.LP, c.MP xx snapback. It was hard getting that crouching jab tho...

sturmdogg said:
Just bought this game yesterday. I like it but I suuuuuck big time.

buying a stick makes you play fighting games better

like buying new sneakers make you play sports better

gutabo

karasu said:
I dunno wtf to do when a guy keeps calling in a helper as he jumps in. Whenever I try to do anything other than block, I get creamed.
You can try pushblocking, superjumping, baiting his assist, counter calling your assist, AND blocking. What's your team?

Top Bottom