• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

topofuji

Banned
TheSeks said:
(Well, that and the fact that it would get me the fuck out of ranked matches. Seriously, whoever at Microsoft REQUIRES people to go into ranked games can go fuck off a cliff, I fucking hate those achievements.)

Well it's not Microsoft, it's the developer's choice of what achievements/trophies go into games. But I guess you can say the "trend" was started by games on the 360 earlier on.
I do agree...I am hating having to play ranked online to get these few trophies. It just puts a layer of stress and 'competition' on me that I don't want to think about - I always just kicked back and played whoever I wanted on MVC2 in DC/arcade, and played for fun. Not to spam cheap characters for wins.

I still don't understand completely what the "Perform 50 One Character Victories within 20 unique teams in Scoreboard Matches" trophy means. Is it 'win a match while having one character out (despite if any other characters died)' or 'win a match without using assists, without switching, without anyone dying - basically use only the first character to kill all 3 enemy characters'.

If the latter, :lol :lol :lol Fucking Backbone. You can tell the devs had no heart and effort put into this/aren't long time MVC2 players, stripping the intro, creating a "barebones" menu, no option for unlockables, a few impossible achievements...etc

Fox1304

Started playing this today, lot of fun indeed.
If anyone wants to add me, I prefer to play with some Gaffers ;)
I have no idea of the tiers, only play for fun ( I'm not an uber player, just a not too bad casual ).

btw, there are some intense ass-tearing going on with Magneto or that's just me ? WoW !

Edit : That's better with my PSN ID : Fox1304 ( Euro player )

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Fox, I added you.

... man today I was just getting pummeled. If I'm getting destroyed by someone only using their first character - I just put the controller down and let them kill me to get another win towards that impossible trophy. :lol

Sat down and finished off the single player mode achievements, two left now for a full 12 but I do not honestly think I will ever get them both, have a guess which ones?

snapback in ranked & 50 OCV :(

karasu

Narcosis said:
Why do people do this to themselves?

Just pick whatever characters are the most fun for you to play as, ignore the tiers and bullshit coming from the internet. I think many times the worst thing about fighting games is the communities that spring up around them.

The problem with this is that you still lose to everyone who chooses by tiers and the fun goes right the fuck out the window.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Got my first rage quitter on PSN in over 50 matches: AwkwardSilence

Kinda makes me feel pretty good for beating up on someone. :D

Christopher

Is this shit not recording my wins anymore?? My PS3 also froze again from this gameWTF this buggy online piece of shit I want a refund

DR2K

Banned
What I would give to be able to turn off Sentinel from ranked matches. He's much worse than Akuma in ST, he completely ruins the game. The other gods are manageable, but Sentinel is in his own league completely.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I got a quitter on my first online match just minutes after installing. I barely beat him too, so why quit?

Anyway, I am going to hold off on the online stuff and see if my 1 and only match gets registered as a win.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
topofuji said:
I still don't understand completely what the "Perform 50 One Character Victories within 20 unique teams in Scoreboard Matches" trophy means. Is it 'win a match while having one character out (despite if any other characters died)' or 'win a match without using assists, without switching, without anyone dying - basically use only the first character to kill all 3 enemy characters'.

First character on your team. Assist calls count.

Do not switch.

It's not hard if you spam Cable/Warmachine/Ironman. But it's the principal of the matter. Ranked games suck, they suck the fun out the window and requiring players to join them for a shiny achievement/trophy is fucking stupid. And yes, it originated at MS because MS requires some form of ranked matches in XBLA games (along with leaderboards).

mackaveli

Rapping Granny said:
What I would give to be able to leave the lobby as soon as someone chooses the hyper characters.

you know what is annoying. I like to play low tiers or give people who aren't that good a chance to win. But it is really frustrating when you play friendly/scoreboard and the other person refuses to pick there character first. Therefore by default, I pick Magneto just in case they are decent. I then see them pick Cable so then i pick my Storm and Sentinel but after they pick Cable they pick wolverine and gambit and I proceed to beat them in 20seconds haha.

Or when you wait for them to pick and they pick the three worst characters in the game. I do not understand that mentality as it doesn't help them at all by waiting for me to make a move first. Especially when they pick bad characters or completely suck.

vazel

Banned
Awesome I got a code for one month of Marvel digital comics. I always wanted to try that. I thought only people that bought the box got that.

Fox1304

Adam Prime said:
Fox, I added you.
Yep, just saw that. That's some more easy wins for you :lol
Really starting to be annoyed by the several freezes of the game (when that's not the system ... ), and by my ass being kicked so hard online by some ...
This game needs a patch quickly resolving the freezes ... or it'll lose a lot of people ( maybe including me ).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Diablohead said:
Sat down and finished off the single player mode achievements, two left now for a full 12 but I do not honestly think I will ever get them both, have a guess which ones?

snapback in ranked & 50 OCV :(

The OCV took me fucking forever since I don't play God tiers. Expect plenty of ragequitters on your quest. I actually started giving positive feedback for every person who stayed and took the loss, just because they were good sports. I took that time because I was getting completely fed up with the ragequitters.

Shouta

Man, I hate runaway storm. Just annoys the crap out of me. I don't mind playing competitive level players but fucking runaway storm is just so stupid.

vg260

TheSeks said:
First character on your team. Assist calls count.

Do not switch.

It's not hard if you spam Cable/Warmachine/Ironman. But it's the principal of the matter. Ranked games suck, they suck the fun out the window and requiring players to join them for a shiny achievement/trophy is fucking stupid. And yes, it originated at MS because MS requires some form of ranked matches in XBLA games (along with leaderboards).

Yeah, these were terrible achievements because it just encourages jagoff players do do anything to win, and the result for this broken game is a horrible and completely un-fun experience. It pretty much ruined ranked play.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
:lol

Statistically speaking, I am the WORST Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 player in the world. Sigh. 41 wins, 185 loses, pure disappointment all around. At least I've only rage quit twice though... damn it.

I should have a 1000 loses once I reach 100 wins if all goes to plan.

outsidah

Loved this game back in the day but I'm so rusty. I'm not even trying (playing with the 360 pad still even though I got my stick... its put away right now).

I dislike the fact some folks online play like a recorded game session though.. I'm going to go hide in the corner and keep doing the same move over and over... woooo trap u real good.

Oh well, I havent rage quit but it sucks waiting in a room with 6 people to lose to crap like that.

CloudV

Man, online play is neat, yet so humbling... I could hold my own here in the 50 yen arcades when I found the cabinet, but good god, I have never wanted to actually just quit out of a match in a game until today.

GOOD GOD, Magneto, Sentinal, and Cable for the ultimate cheese 'em and stay away game. I had a match where I died in under a minute, and I could barely get next to them.
To top it off? I got a shit talk message from a japanese player telling me I sucked.

Ugh, back to the practice arena.

On an off side note, is anyone else noticing some response trouble with the ps3 pads? Oddly enough, I never had problems with the ps2 pads when playing my ps2 copy, but I have trouble tagging in sometimes.

anyways, if anyones up for friendly matches that don't involve spam-domination, hit my psn up at CloudV, I'm in JP land though so odd hours.

CloudV said:
Man, online play is neat, yet so humbling... I could hold my own here in the 50 yen arcades when I found the cabinet, but good god, I have never wanted to actually just quit out of a match in a game until today.

GOOD GOD, Magneto, Sentinal, and Cable for the ultimate cheese 'em and stay away game. I had a match where I died in under a minute, and I could barely get next to them.
To top it off? I got a shit talk message from a japanese player telling me I sucked.

On an off side note, is anyone else noticing some response trouble with the ps3 pads? Oddly enough, I never had problems with the ps2 pads when playing my ps2 copy, but I have trouble tagging in sometimes.

anyways, if anyones up for friendly matches that don't involve spam-domination, hit my psn up at CloudV, I'm in JP land though so odd hours.

Use the Sega Saturn USB pad, Ebay it. Some cheap imitations on amazon now.

Who cares if they trash talk :lol You know he wouldn't say a word in person, maybe just smile at the screen and not give you eye contact lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just so people stop asking "WHERE THE FUCK IS IT!?"

Mix tape is out on US PSN NAO. Can't say if it's on XBLM today, can't be assed to turn the 360 on to check.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
CloudV said:

On an off side note, is anyone else noticing some response trouble with the ps3 pads?
Oddly enough, I never had problems with the ps2 pads when playing my ps2 copy, but I have trouble tagging in sometimes.

As a matter of fact, I do. Looks like I have to pony up for a saturn USB pad myself or start getting used to the TE stick.

Shouta

CloudV said:
GOOD GOD, Magneto, Sentinal, and Cable for the ultimate cheese 'em and stay away game. I had a match where I died in under a minute, and I could barely get next to them.To top it off? I got a shit talk message from a japanese player telling me I sucked.

Run away Storm is so much worse. >=|

Shouta

Mattlikewhoa said:
I agree...watching a Storm player run for the last 20 seconds of a match would get on your nerves rather quickly...

I played a guy that ran away the entire match and only came down to Hailstorm. So much ass.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
NIGHT- said:
Does the SF Fight pad work good with this game?

yeah that's what I use, I think it works great. I also have a Saturn USB pad, but I like the SFIV Fight Pad better personally. I don't like the buttons being different sizes on the Saturn pad, and the D-Pad feels better on the Fight Pad as well. Still, the Saturn pad is a great back-up pad.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Shouta said:
I don't play either though. :lol

That's a rough situation. You're pretty much fucked except maybe super jumping to catch him on the way down if he makes a mistake. I'd counterpick against Storm if it comes down to it.

C.Commando anti-air is just way too OTT. I know I'm in for some wonderful fun when some dickball picks Cable/Juggernaut/C.Commando
fdu0pg.gif

Shouta

GuardianE said:
That's a rough situation. You're pretty much fucked except maybe super jumping to catch him on the way down if he makes a mistake. I'd counterpick against Storm if it comes down to it.

Which is why I hate it. I could get her with flying Sentinel if the jackass didn't spam the crap out of Command himself. >=|

Is this game still freezing for people trying to get online? I can't even search for a game, it locks up the system 100% of the time and I have to shut down the entire system.

Fucking ridiculous that they can release a game with such shitty code.

Dynamic3

shattyboombatty said:
Is this game still freezing for people trying to get online? I can't even search for a game, it locks up the system 100% of the time and I have to shut down the entire system.

Still freezing for me (PSN), although the quick search works fine.

I heard that turning off voice chat fixes the freezing but I have yet to try.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I found a nifty little nugget (regarding the PS3 retail package for this game) that might interest you:

If you want to download your copy of the game, yet keep your game-case factory fresh and sealed, you can.

For some reason, the DLC code on the voucher is not hidden or covered up in any way. Couple this with the fact the Blu Ray case is nice and transparent and you've got yourself instant access to your game code without having to rip the seal. Just look at the bottom of the case and you'll clearly see your code!

Cheers collectors!

JudgeN

shattyboombatty said:

I have never had a freeze, in about 20-25 matches on PSN. Game is so good :D

Dynamic3 said:
Still freezing for me (PSN), although the quick search works fine.

I heard that turning off voice chat fixes the freezing but I have yet to try.

Good catch... quick match works for me, but searching freezes the system 100% the time. ARGH!

I emailed backbone telling them their game crashes, but fat chance getting a reply.

How do you turn off voice chat? I don't see an option for it anywhere.

Top Bottom