• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

dankir

Can't get enough of this game, got 11 / 12 achievements now. Just the 50 OCVs left, but screw that. Mo more ranked matches :)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Narcosis said:
Why do people do this to themselves?

Just pick whatever characters are the most fun for you to play as, ignore the tiers and bullshit coming from the internet. I think many times the worst thing about fighting games is the communities that spring up around them.

For serious. I've been playing Sagat since SFII, so I'm sorry you don't like him, I'm using him in SFIV.

AAARRRRRGHHHH.

How the fuck are you ever supposed to get the fucking "Perform 50 One Character Victories within 20 unique teams in Scoreboard Matches" trophy when the 5 I have done so far the other player will always fucking rage-quit on their last character.

What a fucking stupid achievement.

This pisses me off to NO end. Probably the dumbest thought of achievement ever. It doesn't even fit the context of the game. Playing with ONE character goes against what this game is all about. And to make this a Gold and so hard, it's just mind boggling to think of whoever thought this up had even played the game before.

What's worse is that there's SO many creative achievements that you could do with this game. And to have that is just dumbfounding. I think the achievement would've made more sense to win 50 games without losing a single character... but wow. Seriously, the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen.

If I didn't love this game, theres no way I could recommend it to anyone. From the lazy "oh just use the artwork" menus to the frequent freezing glitches and NOW the Scoreboard seems fucking glitched with me actually losing wins instead of gaining them when I just went from 47 to 46 instead of THE OTHER WAY.

So many rage quitters today as well, great idea to not penalise them or even give me the win. Really helps out! STOP USING BACKBONE, FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Edit: So now my wins leap from 46 to 50 (trophy get), so who knows whats going on there! How is rating worked out as well? How many spammy projectile hit combos you can link?

ice cream

Banned
Bought this today. First fighting game i've bought sinnce Clay fighters on the N64. Only been playing splitscreen and its fucking great. Sure the freezes in the menu are a bit annoying but its still fun.

Agent X

Kuroyume said:
That's another thing Backbone should be bashed for in addition to everything else. How about being a bit less ambigous with the fucking achievments? The Arcade mode or whatever its called is pretty damn difficult for me even on the easy setting. I've played it many times and I haven't unlocked anything yet. The first time I died while trying to complete the game so I figured that was the problem, but after that I've managed to complete it a few times without dying and haven't gotten anything. Can you get anything on easy anyway? How the hell is Juggernaut not on the X-Men team? He's a character from the X-Men universe and didn't he join the X-Men recently? I beat it with one Juggernaut and even a team of threee Juggernauts and I didn't get shit. How about not being stupid and specifying what people need to do and who they need to it with to unlock those things?

Although I posted something similar yesterday, I just wanted to answer your questions for the benefit of you and anyone else who wants to know what characters to use for the "team" trophies/achievements (now that I've got all four of them myself).

For Street Fighter team, I used Ryu, Chun Li, and Guile.

For X-Men team, I used Wolverine, Cyclops, and Storm.

For Darkstalkers team, I used Morrigan, Anakaris, and B.B. Hood.

For Avengers team, I used Captain America, Hulk, and Iron Man.

Also, it is possible to earn these on the "Easy" skill level. I did the first two on "Medium", but the last two were accomplished on "Easy". I haven't noticed much of a difference in the way the computer fights between "Easy" and "Medium", though.

By the way, on PS3 the Avengers team trophy is silver, while the other three are bronze. I wonder why they made that decision? I didn't have much difficulty progressing through the game using Captain America/Hulk/Iron Man; in fact, my current high score on PS3 is using that team.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SecretBonusPoint said:
AAARRRRRGHHHH.

How the fuck are you ever supposed to get the fucking "Perform 50 One Character Victories within 20 unique teams in Scoreboard Matches" trophy when the 5 I have done so far the other player will always fucking rage-quit on their last character.

What a fucking stupid achievement.

Really, WHY HAVEN'T DEVELOPERS LEARNED NOT TO USE THIS SHIT!?

If you're going to have "ranked" achievements, quits should COUNT TOWARD THE ACHIEVEMENT.

Even better, drop that bullshit and focus on local multiplayer/singleplayer ONLY.

Also, I'm done with MvC2 until it's patched. Not being able to consistantly pull off hypers when I know I put in the command correct is bullshit. The freezes are bullshit, and everything is bullshit until Backbone fixes this to be AT LEAST playable without gameplay issues.

Just got home from work I'll be on in a bit if anyone wants some fights. Be warned though, I am VERY bad at this game, don't expect a challenge.

Gamertag is Pedrooleao

TheSeks said:
Also, I'm done with MvC2 until it's patched. Not being able to consistantly pull off hypers when I know I put in the command correct is bullshit.

Yeah I don't know whats going on with this. I'll press both buttons and nothing will come out quite a few times and its pretty annoying. Glad to hear other people are having the same problems.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
It's been a long time since I played the PS2 version so either I got really rusty or I just suck. My timing is extremely off and I managed to earn 15 Wins compared to 63 Loses online:lol

I mostly play as Cable, B.B. Hood and Magneto but I cringe every time I see Cammy. Meh, it's going to be a hell of a long time trying to get that 100 win trophy.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is Cable considered xmen team? I'm trying to do that one achievement. You need at least one beam character for da boss.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Kadey said:
Is Cable considered xmen team? I'm trying to do that one achievement. You need at least one beam character for da boss.

Personally I just choose 3 Cyclops and spammed the Triangle button and when it came to the boss I just blocked and Supered. Got the trophy on my first try but it was cheap.

EDIT- This is the list of the X-Men characters usable for the trophy/achievment:

Cable
Colossus
Cyclops
Gambit
Iceman
Magneto
Psylocke
Rogue
Storm
Wolverine
Wolverine (Bone Claws)

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Based on what I've seen online. Storm and Magneto are monsters. Storm is used for an assist to get the person in the air while Magneto gracefully floats and air combos the shit out of me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
When they said Xmen team, I thought literal. Cable is supposed to be Xfactor leader or something. I wasn't thinking the character just had to be in that universe. And I totally forgot about picking the same characters. They just made things much easier. I just beat it with the darkstalkers team. Morrigan, BB Hood and Felicia are a crappy team to use in arcade.

dankir

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but everytime somebody would quit a ranked matched with me( about 4 total in 200 matches ) it still counted as a ranked in for me.

Hell the last guy to do it gave me my 100th win. We had nice set of verbal exchanges after :)

Downloaded this off of PSN over the weekend against my better judgement. Tried to play 10 online games, and was unable to finish even one due to freezes and rage quitters. As far as I'm concerned, this is a completely broken product, and I can't believe that Capcom had the cajones to release it. Backbone has been on my shit list for a while, but now I am placing a personal ban on purchasing any of their products. I usually expect half-assed, sloppy work from Backbone, but this is a new low.

topofuji

Banned
So um...any word on when they're patching the fix so you will be able to listen to music off the HDD while in fights (online)? Talking PS3 version here.

Please, please don't tell me they don't acknowledge this. (SFIV was unbearable enough) It's inexcusable we can't play HDD music while in ANY game, like the 360 has had all this t ime.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Did play 3 matches or so against a fellow Gaffer...

Christ, I am so out of freakin practice.

Didn't really have any connection problems when I invited him. Though searching for a match sucks donkey balls.

mackaveli

topofuji said:
So um...any word on when they're patching the fix so you will be able to listen to music off the HDD while in fights (online)? Talking PS3 version here.

Please, please don't tell me they don't acknowledge this. (SFIV was unbearable enough) It's inexcusable we can't play HDD music while in ANY game, like the 360 has had all this t ime.

i made a post about this already. The game has to have voice chat muted. Therefore i just create my own game and mute voice chat so i can listen to my own music

akakaze

Banned
I think some of the ragequitting is actually coming from the achievements themselves. Someone's probably more likely to ragequit on you if they're going to lose a streak (if there is an achievement for a streak - like on BlazBlue). There are two really easy ways to deal with this:

1.) Rage quits count as a loss for the quitter.

2.) The player who did not rage quit should be given a win. (though this could be "farmable" if two people connect to each other by manipulating region settings and just quitting on each other to get the achievements...at that point, though, just let the achievement whores do their thing):lol

TheSeks

akakaze said:
>>Stuff<<

This should happen. Esp. #2. People that boost are going to boost anyway, so at least counting wins for those that don't boost and get ragequitted on at least would get the achievement faster.

(Well, that and the fact that it would get me the fuck out of ranked matches. Seriously, whoever at Microsoft REQUIRES people to go into ranked games can go fuck off a cliff, I fucking hate those achievements.)

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I really wished that I could just make a team of 3 B.B. Hoods for online. Man I love her moves and she's the only character I'm good with:(

B-Ri

GAF, is this true?

My usual routine with rage quitters is to file a complaint for system tampering, avoiding them in player rep for quitting/disconnecting before the match is over, and messaging them to let them know. Just now i just got a rare response from a cheater

mvc2.jpg

is this true? If so i find it even more retarded, why would it register losses and not the wins as well? I dont know why all these rage quitting problems in fighters havent been dealt with, always rewarding the cheater.

Also avoid The Taikun, hes a rage quitter.

edit: also avoid Flx Sticky PWNZ he just rage quit as well.

Shouta

mackaveli said:
hey is your PSN your gaf name? I'll add you later today. I'm going to be on tonight. Got a lot of school work to finish off first.

A thing i noticed is that in scoreboard matches there seems to be some lag. I haven't experienced lag at all in friendly matches but in 50 scoreboard matches, the last couple games i played were laggy.

You added me already.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
RedNumberFive said:
Downloaded this off of PSN over the weekend against my better judgement. Tried to play 10 online games, and was unable to finish even one due to freezes and rage quitters. As far as I'm concerned, this is a completely broken product, and I can't believe that Capcom had the cajones to release it. Backbone has been on my shit list for a while, but now I am placing a personal ban on purchasing any of their products. I usually expect half-assed, sloppy work from Backbone, but this is a new low.

I wonder what the deal is. I've had an EXCELLENT online experience with this game on PSN. I've had zero dropped games and virtually lag free in all of my games. I've yet to have a game of unplayable lag. Not only that but I do find a great variety of teams on the scoreboard matches. And I've yet to have a single rage quitter on me as well (I'm not that great at the game, but I'm not terrible awful noob either).

Maybe I'm just having real good luck at this game. I always seem to play someone near my level at the game and I have pretty good matches. I've enjoyed this game far more than SFIV or SF2HD online.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm like 15-0 so far online. Ran into a bunch of scrubs. It's funny because they are pissed off they got beaten by a girl. :lol

One guy was like "my hands slipped." I did a launcher, into aerial combol, hyper grab, magnetic tempest combo on him.

TheSeks

gutter_trash said:
I suck so much ass!

c'mon GAF, gimme a idea of a Team!

Pick whoever you want?

It's not that hard to play MvC2 with any team. But it's not a balanced game.

mackaveli

i find that a lot of people suck at this game lol. I'm not saying im the greatest but a lot of the people i play don't even block.

I did the same combo 5 times in a row with ruby heart and it wasn't even blocked. Also people don't know how to roll either.

I love my ruby heart, jill/doom, cammy team.

N4Us

B-Ri said:
My usual routine with rage quitters is to file a complaint for system tampering, avoiding them in player rep for quitting/disconnecting before the match is over, and messaging them to let them know. Just now i just got a rare response from a cheater

The ragequitter was the one calling you childish, priceless.

I don't think it gives you a win on a ragequit either, but it usually gives a loss to the other player.

I used to submit negative reviews for players who quitted early in HDR but it doesn't even bother me anymore. I usually just laugh it off and continue on. It's not as bad as in something like Worms though, because a Ranked match will take 20+ minutes or so and if the guy quits on you before the match ends nobody gets a win/loss at all. That's infuriating.

Shouta

mackaveli said:
i find that a lot of people suck at this game lol. I'm not saying im the greatest but a lot of the people i play don't even block.

I did the same combo 5 times in a row with ruby heart and it wasn't even blocked. Also people don't know how to roll either.

I love my ruby heart, jill/doom, cammy team.

Yeah, just my luck that I come up with the top-tier players. The game must be sensing my experience and giving my players that runaway storm and stuff. :lol

kuYuri

B-Ri said:
GAF, is this true?

http://www.brianmoreno.com/uploads/mvc2.jpg

is this true? If so i find it even more retarded, why would it register losses and not the wins as well? I dont know why all these rage quitting problems in fighters havent been dealt with, always rewarding the cheater.

Also avoid The Taikun, hes a rage quitter.

edit: also avoid Flx Sticky PWNZ he just rage quit as well.

You file a complaint for system tampering? Really? :lol

I seriously doubt MS would even do anything for something as widespread as quitting in the middle of any game, let alone MvC2.

conman

B-Ri said:
My usual routine with rage quitters is to file a complaint for system tampering, avoiding them in player rep for quitting/disconnecting before the match is over, and messaging them to let them know. Just now i just got a rare response from a cheater.
Good luck with that.

I actually agree with the dude's response. Filing a system tampering complaint is pretty childish. He was also trying to apologize since it sounds like he had no idea your win didn't count.

B-Ri

he wasnt trying to apologize.

Yanking your network cable is tampering as far as im concerned and as far as it is defined.

Top Bottom