• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
God's Beard said:
I really like characters that can hit from one side then the other really quickly.

Doom, Chun, and C.Viper seem like the fastest by far.

Doom's low aidash limit and cancelable normals are godlike.
Chun is ridiculous with the stomp.
C.Viper can cancel her instant overhead into a burn kick and make you guess.

Phoenix is ok, she can teleport relatively quickly or cancel an air attack into 6H then cross up.
Viewtiful Joe can jump cancel, then airdash and crossup which is pretty good.
Magneto's kinda sucks, I could only do S airdash magnetic blast on tall characters because of the height limit on his dashes.
Jill is really good at staying in and making you guess left or right, but you can see the teleport startup and prepare for it.

Am I missing anything amazing?

X-23 can do it and she's ambiguous depending on which button you press... Although she's assist dependent to do it.

Not sure if this is big enough to warrant a new thread, but Capcom Europe's twitter has alluded to the fact that DLC for this game is done.

@dan_mui MvsC3 is out, done and dusted, no further announcements planned about 19 hours ago via web in reply to dan_mui

http://twitter.com/CapcomEuro/status/57823983164334080

Seems odd that they would say that, but this could mean that they are too busy to finish the DLC or that a Super version will be released with content that they were working on.

vg260

canadian crowe said:
Not sure if this is big enough to warrant a new thread, but Capcom Europe's twitter has alluded to the fact that DLC for this game is done.

Seems odd that they would say that, but this could mean that they are too busy to finish the DLC or that a Super version will be released with content that they were working on.

That's really disappointing if true. Especially considering they apparently yanked out Frank and Doc Ock (because of Frank). Game doesn't feel right without a Spidey villain.

I'm not happy with Capcom lately, they intentionally (UN)balance SSFIV and walk away and now seemingly abandon this now. Meh. They can keep AE and SFvTekken.

Toski

canadian crowe said:

If this is true and not Capcom Europe acting out of hand, then it either confirms that Super MvC3 is in the works, or Capcom moved everyone on Niitsuma's team to SFxT.

Dahbomb

Should wait until someone like Seth or Nitsuma speaks out about MVC3 before "confirming" anything.

It's really weird that after a game's release there is at least one or two "post-mortem" interviews with the director on how he feels the game was received and all that. Not a single one after MVC3 release, Capcom just went dark.

I would like to think they are hard at work to update MVC3 but I don't know what is up with Capcom's policy with games as of late. I swear if I was the head of Capcom, I would be running things A LOT differently over there.

USD

Just a reminder, Team Sp00ky will be streaming Guard Crush 15 later today. There's also Wednesday Night Fights, streamed this week by Offcast.

USD said:
Just a reminder, Team Sp00ky will be streaming Guard Crush 15 later today. There's also Wednesday Night Fights, streamed this week by Offcast.
Thanks. I swear, I watch this game way more than I play it :/

Dahbomb

I play it as much as I watch it. Every time I watch something in a match, I wanna do it in the lab or something. It's a constant source of inspiration for me. I just wished that people around me were as good as me. Ever since I moved out of the states, I haven't had enough people really engage me in Marvel.

I show my casual MVC3 friends some match videos that I have saved up and they are like "Wow that match was insane" but they are just talking about the flashy combos and not really analyzing how close the matches actually are. Like just a few millimeter off or a millisecond off in the game is win or lose.

That stuff was made super clear in the Marn vs Andre OptionSelect analysis video. My friends were blown away by the sheer complexity and technical aspects of MVC3, some of them have stopped calling it a scrub game. It was mind boggling how much stuff is going through a player's head every second of a match.

Grecco

I really doubt theres no more DLC. Theres 2 spots left in the freaking screen. Give us at least 2 more characters.

Also loved Doctor Dooms video max, i dont even use the guy and i loved it.

LakeEarth

enzo_gt said:
One can dream of triangle dashes :(
Remember, you can do tri-dashes by holding a direction and dash by pressing two attack buttons, just like you can on the ground. A few weeks back I was killing myself trying to do Doom's bnb combos by actually double-tapping diagonal down.

dankir

LakeEarth said:
Remember, you can do tri-dashes by holding a direction and dash by pressing two attack buttons, just like you can on the ground. A few weeks back I was killing myself trying to do Doom's bnb combos by actually double-tapping diagonal down.

You can airdash diagonally by using the Joystick?? Damn I think since I started playing MvC2 in 99 / 2000 I never even tried that.

2 Atk button dashing ftw :p

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Update:

Unity_lianac
Liana Copland
@CapcomEuro: The embarrassing sibling... ¬¬ Correct your tweets to 'no more SSFIV planned' - there WILL be more MVC3 content coming soon..

Yup, just a random dude who didn't know what he was tweetin'

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Kaijima said:
Update:

Unity_lianac
Liana Copland
@CapcomEuro: The embarrassing sibling... ¬¬ Correct your tweets to 'no more SSFIV planned' - there WILL be more MVC3 content coming soon..

He replied back @Unity_lianac not as far as i'm aware.

Anyway, hope Lianac is the more trustworthy source, is she an official Capcom employee or just an unpaid moderator?

Kai Dracon

Nils said:

Anyway, hope Lianac is the more trustworthy source, is she an official Capcom employee or just an unpaid moderator?

Fact is, it'd be a bad idea to truly trust either of 'em - but money is on the original tweet being ignorant.

It is true, the bigger point right now is that Capcom is a black hole for information, and really should be out there clarifying some things.

It's especially weird since companies usually want to tout major DLC to keep the game fresh in the public eye, and nurse sales. Yet they're just letting MvC3 sit out there.

Bear in mind, they're not even bothering to announce when the shadow packs and stuff go up. Thing is, I hate to say it but I've always gotten the impression that Capcom USA and Europe are basically just mouthpieces for Capcom Japan, and don't really know a damn thing about what's happening even next week, until the mothership deems fit to send an email out. Could explain a few things.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Why are people so surprised that they didn't talk about any new MVC3 DLC at Captivate? DLC characters and stuff JUST came out. Why would they announce new stuff so quickly? It doesn't make much business sense to announce new stuff so soon, but I'm sure there's stuff in the works.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Lost Fragment said:
Why are people so surprised that they didn't talk about any new MVC3 DLC at Captivate? DLC characters and stuff JUST came out. Why would they announce new stuff so quickly? It doesn't make much business sense to announce new stuff so soon, but I'm sure there's stuff in the works.

Preserve momentum. Right now the game is doing very well it seems (two million copies shipped) and if you look at their official forum practically 90% of the discussion is about potential DLC. This game, more than any others sets lots of DLC expectations. Both companies have huge libraries of viable candidates, so it's hardly a surprise people are clamoring for news about future planned content. Capcom's been all but silent about the game since it shipped, so people's curiosity did not yet get sated. The "and stuff" DLC you mentioned is nice, but as Kaijima pointed out the way they stealth release without any PR mention is kinda unsettling. It does seem that maybe the other branches of Capcom would handle things differently but are also stuck in this communication black hole. I don't think people were expecting anything like "you'll get these 3 characters next week!" at Captivate, but were hoping for some clarification on the game's mid-long term future plans.

Kai Dracon

Lost Fragment said:

I'm not surprised there was nothing at Captivate.

Just surprised at Capcom's near total silence in all other venues.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm sure there will be more DLC. This is Capcom, after all, and they want that money. I'm a little worried about the lack of patch news, though. Netcode fixes are far more important to me than costumes or even new characters and we haven't heard anything about, well, anything. :/

Kaijima said:
Fact is, it'd be a bad idea to truly trust either of 'em - but money is on the original tweet being ignorant.

It is true, the bigger point right now is that Capcom is a black hole for information, and really should be out there clarifying some things.

It's especially weird since companies usually want to tout major DLC to keep the game fresh in the public eye, and nurse sales. Yet they're just letting MvC3 sit out there.

Bear in mind, they're not even bothering to announce when the shadow packs and stuff go up. Thing is, I hate to say it but I've always gotten the impression that Capcom USA and Europe are basically just mouthpieces for Capcom Japan, and don't really know a damn thing about what's happening even next week, until the mothership deems fit to send an email out. Could explain a few things.
Seth always said that the official twitter was a good way to contact him, maybe the europe twitter is their CM?

Just curious, how old is everyone?
26, I work for the Michigan Legislature, going to start working on my MA this fall, married, no kids, but 2 cats, 2 dogs, a hedgehog, and a fish.

Uuuugh DORMAMMU DOESN'T HAVE ANY COOL X-FACTOR TRICKS

M XFC H : nothing that only combos off H, launch difference is useless
wall bounce jump loop: no extra hits that matter
purification XFC super jump: too much hitstun decay for real relaunch
volcano OTG XFC... : normals into launch can't get another OTG, launcher SJC into dark hole/purification 0 don't work. no advantage over volcano into hyper other than 2 extra normal hits(HS)
can't XFC flame carpet :-(

So basically, the best combo would be a basic jump HS, H xx finger shot, jump loop, S SJC Volcano, Chaotic Flame.

I'm bored already. Even Thor has weird shit with x-factor. Dormammu gets, what, a couple extra normals for spending the scarcest tool in the game? Bullshit. I want the crazy cancels.
His best trick is just letting Stalking Flare cross-up faster. You normally need the full range of the screen, but with X-Factor you can make it cross-up almost anywhere. It leads to a full combo as well, and thus a dead character. Otherwise, 2D1C does almost a million damage with level 3 X-Factor - it's just scary powerful. I generally burn X-Factor with him to connect a second Chaotic Flame if I catch an assist or something.

I'M NOT OLD, plus I look 16'ish and girly... *gets hit on by guys :( *
Pics?

COOL X-FACTOR TRICKS =/= touch of boring combos
Thus far, Dormammu's options for cool combos involve:
1) Assists
2) Liberations
3) The newly discovered trijump after Dark Matter connection.
4) Corners

Not every character is a combo demon; think of Dormammu as the Hulk/Haggar of zoners.

You know what fix I'd like to see Capcom implement?

One that makes the netcode not suck ass. I mean, you know, just sayin'.
Quoted For Truth.

I also wouldn't mind the input windows being changed. I've been playing BB:CS lately; if I do F, QCF+H, I get a QCF move, as I should. Marvel gives me a DP move. /facepalm

I'm fine with NO content for about 6 months. I just want them to fix the netcode, add a replay function and good lobbies. The rest of the time, they just need to do the waiting game before even thinking about adding new characters/balance.
Indeed.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3: THE ONLINE WARRIOR Episode 4 'ASSIST ME' Dr. Doom Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMP00W4Fjk

Long title is hella long. Tons of man hours put into this one, and part 2 especially when it comes out later this week. I hope you guys dig some of the humor/advice!
Good stuff, I watched it with the sound on for the first time, loved it. My wife also enjoyed it, and she doesn't even play Marvel.

Protip: more Ammy-cosplay-dog screentime = more female viewers

Historically, she hasn't known anything.

I'm not surprised there was nothing at Captivate.

Just surprised at Capcom's near total silence in all other venues.
Yeah, even a "we're working on stuff" would be appreciated at this point.

zon

Dahbomb said:
Oh and I mostly only watch WNF for JWong/Clockw0rk, my 2 favorite MVC2 players.

You should watch it for Clakey D too man, it's always cool to see how he only needs 1 hit to then combo a character to death with tron.

Dahbomb

Kaijima said:
Update:

Unity_lianac
Liana Copland

LOL... I was going to respond to the previous Tweet but didn't feel like it.

Anyone NOT expecting MVC3 content in the near future is deluded. Just because there wasn't any MVC3 info at Captivate doesn't mean there won't be any new MVC3 content in the near future.

zon said:
You should watch it for Clakey D too man, it's always cool to see how he only needs 1 hit to then combo a character to death with tron.
ClakeyD is awesome, his Tron is the best ever. Would like to see him drop that Sentinel from his team though.

I enjoy watching other player matches too, like Floe, Richard Nguyen (his Dante is hype), Combofiend etc. Jwong and Clockw0rk are players I keep an eye out for and look more deeply into their team synergy, mechanics and set ups.

My age is 22.

Lost Fragment said:
I was more surprised there was a lack of ANYTHING MVC3 related at Captivate. Even hints would've been nice, just to tell us that "hey we got some nice stuff for you guys in the future".

More in the sense that Capcom just released one of their more successful titles of this generation and they haven't even patted themselves in the back for it (Nitsuma more precisely). Just an interview would've been nice to gauge how Capcom feels about the reception.

It does make sense business wise because if people know there is more stuff coming they are more likely to hold on to their game and keep playing. If a person keeps playing and is satisfied with the overall experience, then he/she is more likely to buy a DLC. That's why it's so imperative that Capcom fix the netcode/online issues fast or they will be losing gamers fast (they already are for the most part but the hardcore fans are sticking around).

Dahbomb said:
That stuff was made super clear in the Marn vs Andre OptionSelect analysis video. My friends were blown away by the sheer complexity and technical aspects of MVC3, some of them have stopped calling it a scrub game. It was mind boggling how much stuff is going through a player's head every second of a match.
Link? Search has failed me.

jdub03

Karsticles said:
26, I work for the Michigan Legislature, going to start working on my MA this fall...

We need to get some matches in. I live in Michigan too. Would be nice to play some matches that aren't laggy.

We need to get some matches in. I live in Michigan too. Would be nice to play some matches that aren't laggy.
I'm always glad to give it a try - my PSN is the same as my username: Karsticles. Toss me a friend request.

Edit: Where did my avatar go? :-/

"This JPEG image has the incorrect file extension." - I dun get it.

Dahbomb said:
ClakeyD is awesome, his Tron is the best ever. Would like to see him drop that Sentinel from his team though.

I LOVE his Tron. Every time I say to myself that I'm going to drop Tron then watch ClakeyD, I change my mind. It looks so damn fun.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I LOVE his Tron. Every time I say to myself that I'm going to drop Tron then watch ClakeyD, I change my mind. It looks so damn fun.

No you stick with iron man so you can lvl 3 me to death some more for the retarded comeback.

Ferrio said:
No you stick with iron man so you can lvl 3 me to death some more for the retarded comeback.

Feels-Good-Man-Frog.jpg

jdub03

Karsticles said:
I'm always glad to give it a try - my PSN is the same as my username: Karsticles. Toss me a friend request.

I thought your were on XBL. I need to eventually get both systems so I don't have this problem.

I don't get why Capcom is so quiet on everything. The game was a great success sales-wise and you'd think the consumer would see some appreciation for picking the game up. I can understand that they might be moving at a slow pace, but the absolute silence on Capcom's part is just confusing. Writing something up is better than leaving people in the dark.
Kimosabae said:
What were the sales for this game anyway? I still have yet to come across any figures for it.
It sold just over 750,000 copies between both platforms in the US alone and they shipped two million copies worldwide. The game has done great.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Capcom is probably keeping quite cause people fucking bitch to much. Seriously.

Random statement, Don't build a team with 3 characters you like, build a team with the one character you like and 2 that complement them the best. *if you end up liking them it's a bonus yay* You now are 3x better at the game just cause your team synergy isn't shit anymore!

God's Beard said:
Only mvc3 rap that matters

but you don't even use shuma :(

Random thought on why no info at the Captivate event: it was Ono's show. SFxT was making a big debut and then you got the AE stuff. On his twitter account Ono keeps telling people not to ask him about MVC3 as he had nothing to do with it. The only time he's mentioned the game was retweeting JWong's initial thoughts on how he wasn't feeling it and going back to MVC2. "uh oh, could be problem" is what Ono tweeted. Maybe there's beef?

My gut feeling is they had the on disc stuff ready early on, decided to take a break and have the Event and Shadow battle stuff string along until the real announcements. At the very least I expect costume packs for the whole cast, 2 characters and some backgrounds this year.

LakeEarth

QisTopTier said:
Random statement, Don't build a team with 3 characters you like, build a team with the one character you like and 2 that complement them the best. *if you end up liking them it's a bonus yay* You now are 3x better at the game just cause your team synergy isn't shit anymore!
Exactly. Haggar is helpless to zoning by himself, but add Sentinel assist and maybe a quick beam assist and those problems are gone.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2&a=44
Thanks!

Capcom is probably keeping quite cause people fucking bitch to much. Seriously.
The only reason to be afraid is if you're not going to deliver. If Capcom came out and said "we have Spectator Mode and new netcode in the works", yes, you would get some trolls bitching, but in general, I don't think such a statement would produce a backlash quite like ignoring the game entirely at Captivate.

Easy for me, since I only like one character in this game. I do try to avoid using a certain few characters though...

Random thought on why no info at the Captivate event: it was Ono's show. SFxT was making a big debut and then you got the AE stuff. On his twitter account Ono keeps telling people not to ask him about MVC3 as he had nothing to do with it. The only time he's mentioned the game was retweeting JWong's initial thoughts on how he wasn't feeling it and going back to MVC2. "uh oh, could be problem" is what Ono tweeted. Maybe there's beef?
I recall Ono's tweet being "hmm, is that how you really feel?", as in "stop trolling, JWong". I don't see how it was Ono's show when MH3DS, a new RE, and Dragons Dogma (which looks stupid) were all announced. Asura's Wrath had a new (short) trailer.

My gut feeling is they had the on disc stuff ready early on, decided to take a break and have the Event and Shadow battle stuff string along until the real announcements. At the very least I expect costume packs for the whole cast, 2 characters and some backgrounds this year.
That might be how a person thinks, but that's not how a corporation thinks. Companies think in numbers. Player numbers are going down, and they will continue to go down, because the casual market has a short attention span. The longer they wait, the less revenue they will achieve through DLC.

shaowebb

We should just start posting what system we're all on and our gamer tags in our posts for this thread to keep matchups between gaffers going. I don't think I've matched up against anyone here except Sixfortyfive.

Xbox-360
Dynasty Penguin

We should just start posting what system we're all on and our gamer tags in our posts for this thread to keep matchups between gaffers going. I don't think I've matched up against anyone here except Sixfortyfive.

Xbox-360
Dynasty Penguin
It would just get lost in a page or two though; surely there must be another way?

shaowebb

Razor210 said:
Apparently, playing against Trish is really annoying for some people.

Traps EVERYWHERE

My big fear is when Dark Phoenix comes out with HER traps. She can place multiples and wall your entry if you lose a guy and are coming in. Hell isn't the ground one an infinite for her or is it only when Dark Phoenix gets X-factor?

Xbox-360
Dynasty Penguin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom