• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Yeah new Shadow stuff and 2 events: win an online match with an all capcom team/win 10 online matches with capcom team

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I don't really understand why they'd release new online content today but shun any ounce of speaking about their Dlc and online strategy at Captivate. I think the hardcore fans would be satisfied with just some insight on whatever they're doing now with the Events even. Just some communication to show they care about fielding some complaints/suggestions or anything really.

Nils said:
Eh, I don't really understand why they'd release new online content today but shun any ounce of speaking about their Dlc and online strategy at Captivate. I think the hardcore fans would be satisfied with just some insight on whatever they're doing now with the Events even. Just some communication to show they care about fielding some complaints/suggestions or anything really.

I'm fine with NO content for about 6 months. I just want them to fix the netcode, add a replay function and good lobbies. The rest of the time, they just need to do the waiting game before even thinking about adding new characters/balance.

Nils said:
They probably didn't want to overshadow the AE and SF x TK announcements, or there isn't anything compelling planned for DLC.

Toski

I wonder if Capcom didn't announce any MvC3 stuff a Captivate because they're trying to stay out of the way of SSF4:AE dlc. If theres no announcement at E3 then I'd be worried.

And as much as I want it, I don't think Capcom is going to fix the netcode unless they announce Super MvC3 and have that as a feature stamped on the box.

edit: what dementia said.

Prototype-03 said:
I'm fine with NO content for about 6 months. I just want them to fix the netcode, add a replay function and good lobbies. The rest of the time, they just need to do the waiting game before even thinking about adding new characters/balance.

Yea, I'd take netcode and replay before adding new characters. The game needs some more time to develop before they decide to tweak/add things.

Morris

Disco Devil
Anyone saw Flash Metroid's Iron Man on last nite's stream?

I've been in the lab trying to do that bnb he was doing but I can't for the life of me do that down forward air dash after the unfly j. H (full combo notation goes [i think] cr. L, cr. M, S, j. H fly, j.M jd.H unfly H df air dash jd. H, cr. M, S, M M H S, otg super)

All I get is a down air dash but for some reason the down forward dash doesn't come out.

Is there any trick to it? ... What am I doing wrong GAF? D:

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Prototype-03 said:

Kinda what I mean. No character DLC is probably a hint at a Super edition or whatever, so I'm okay with that. I just think it's strange they've done a bunch of stealth releases we didn't expect and keeping us entirely in the dark for the rest. Just some kind of acknowledgement of those and hints at what we can and shouldn't expect would be good. If they outright state "No Replay Mode" or no planned netcode tweaks, we'd at least know that but as far as I can see they've been all but silent about the game since it shipped. Having someone like Seth Killian do some post-mortem talk about the game would be extremely nice and I figured Captivate would at least offer something like this, don't know what other venue they'd pick now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Grifter said:
Really. What an ugly set of replies.

Sorry I stopped giving a shit the second he ignored an offer of advice and almost every post is constant whining, anyone that complains about haggar being OP and needing nerfs is fucking up and needs to step back and relook at how they are playing the game.

Seriously all the people that cry about shit, posting in this thread over and over, how about you give some insight about your team and stuff so maybe people could help.

Do I have a harsh asshole tone? I sure do.

zlatko

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Sorry I stopped giving a shit the second he ignored an offer of advice and almost every post is constant whining, anyone that complains about haggar being OP and needing nerfs is fucking up and needs to step back and relook at how they are playing the game.

Seriously all the people that cry about shit posting in this thread over and over, how about you give some insight about your team and stuff so maybe people could help.

021406_rage.jpg

You're right though. If people want to bitch, at least be somewhat constructive in your posts so it doesn't just come off as whining or beating a dead horse for no reason.

Solune

Morro! said:
Anyone saw Flash Metroid's Iron Man on last nite's stream?

I've been in the lab trying to do that bnb he was doing but I can't for the life of me do that down forward air dash after the unfly j. H (full combo notation goes [i think] cr. L, cr. M, S, j. H fly, j.M jd.H unfly H df air dash jd. H, cr. M, S, M M H S, otg super)

All I get is a down air dash but for some reason the down forward dash doesn't come out.

Is there any trick to it? ... What am I doing wrong GAF? D:
I don't think Ironman can air dash after H Floyd... maybe he's double jumping into instant air dash? I haven't tried but that BnB looked to hard and I dropped my Ironman team along time ago :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok who is gonna bite and buy the Shadow pack?

shaowebb

Solune said:
I don't think Ironman can air dash after H Floyd... maybe he's double jumping into instant air dash? I haven't tried but that BnB looked to hard and I dropped my Ironman team along time ago :lol

I watched Flash Metroid's Ironman last night early on. He kept throwing out his launcher at the most inappropriate times when there was no way he could connect. I missed that combo, but it looks fun.

I want to like Ironman, but he just doesn't do good with people in his face for me. He needs to keep people out around about a body width and a half from him to really be good for me. Usually going into rockets, smartbombs or repulsor blasts to set combos. It's kind of weird that he gets better by keeping people right in that zone thats usually the whif zone for most combo startups. That and how I usually start his stuff with specials.

I'm probably just using him wrong. I'm betting Ironman/Jill/Haggar would be great with arrow kick to pop them over to Ironman and Haggar lariat to destroy both rushdown and cancel projectiles. That team would force people to stay right in his zone the whole match if you used it right. I may try that later today.

Morris

Disco Devil
Solune said:

You can air dash DOWN after jH (making that combo actually work in the corner) but somehow down forward doesn't works, flash was doing something that involved a down forward jdH. I guess i'll have to look into the stream archive to see what exactly that is.

The problem with Iron Man is that, unless you do complicated combos like that one, he'll always leave you at a meter loss, unlike zero or mags who builds meter like crazy with his combos...

I'm still gonna stick with him though, I've been tried to replace him with mags for my main team, but fuck that, it's way too hard for me to do the ROM loop or even the fierce airdash combos with him online...

Dirtbag

QisTopTier said:

Seriously all the people that cry about shit, posting in this thread over and over, how about you give some insight about your team and stuff so maybe people could help.

Ignored an offer of advice - to block?
Is that supposed to be serious, and how was it even ignored. I was very clear in why I thought it felt overpowered.

Just whining? My initial post had plenty of other things in there, including a proposed Morrigan buff on her main hyper and a suggested DLC character. You and your little brother are the ones that popped off at the comment like a couple of xbox-live twelve year olds rather then speak to me like you're offering advice... Maybe next time I'll start running my opinions past you, and you can tell me in your Godlike opinion if it's hype enough for the thread, that'll probably save you time discussing things you feel are too scrub.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dirtbag said:
Ignored an offer of advice - to block?
Is that supposed to be serious, and how was it even ignored. I was very clear in why I thought it felt overpowered.

Just whining? My initial post had plenty of other things in there, including a proposed Morrigan buff on her main hyper and a suggested DLC character. You and your little brother are the ones that popped off at the comment like a couple of xbox-live twelve year olds rather then speak to me like you're offering advice... Maybe next time I'll start running my opinions past you, and you can tell me in your Godlike opinion if it's hype enough for the thread, that'll probably save you time discussing things you feel are too scrub.

QisTopTier said:
Who do you use so I can just tell you wtf to do vs it cause seeing you post that crap is getting old.

I said this about two days ago, honestly when you have like 3 or 4 people *that have lots of experience* telling you that you are wrong and you keep arguing against it...

Honestly morrigan doesn't really need any changes at all outside a super small boost of dmg on her normals she has a really really strong zoning game and can mix up very very well and even make brain dead easy unblockable set ups with assist. Learn to fly cancel her specials consistently and she becomes a monster. Hell I sure as hell hope you are not using her and complaining about haggar.

ApolloJoh

Should be three Soul Fists and one Shadow Blade due to input fuck up, least in my case lol.

Morrigan's all good besides a slight dmg boost on normals as Q said.

mr. puppy

Banned
palpabl_purpura said:
Is it wrong to like the villains in this game? I'm stuck on Dormammu, Doom, with either Skrull or Wesker as the third character.

haha no. i actually started out with the idea of having the smallest character possible with like two giant thugs as his sidekicks because the image is hilarious to me so i ended up with hulk and sentinel surrounding viewtiful joe.

that team was awful....

Is there a trick to landing She-Hulk's standard ground to air combo into runner's stance into OTG torpedo? Just started using her and I only land it 25% of the time. I nail the combo just fine, but I never seem to be able to go into runner's stance fast enough before my opponent gets up.

shaowebb

Fersis said:
Ok who is gonna bite and buy the Shadow pack?

I did. I bought the last one too. Anything to keep funding this games team for more outfits and characters later.

The last shadowpack team of Cap/Ironman/Thor was actually programmed really damned well and felt good to fight. Great Thor and Cap AI for once out of the computer during that fight.

Tried the events. There fuckwit easy. Win one match online using a capcom team/win 10 online using a capcom team.

Really?

BTW I'm noticing I'm getting a lot more rage quitters since I've started putting in all this practice on setting up my favorite approaches. Especially if I'm using Wolverine or Hulk due to all the priority they get on dive kick, standing H, Jumping S.

I beat one guy who sent me some salt saying stuff about my mom (wtf are you 14 or something?) so I decided to ruin his day with Hulk on point/ Keep away Sentinel/ and Wolverine just in case. He didn't rage quit to his credit but the match was priceless.

I never even got to my Wolverine dive kick antics. I drone assist setup a hulk combo and while he was on the ground decided I would see how he handled keep away.

I do Gamma wave DHC into Sent just to have sent put in and start shooting mouth lasers and using gamma wave to check his game against keep away.

I nearly body all three and as soon as he finally gets over my last beam I make him realize that I dont have a cheesey sent and that I actually do know how to use him outside of spamming on someone who cant handle it. I skip throwing another laser with him half screen and crouching and do jumping skillet, S basic combo hard charger and take him.

Perfect win and no rematch since he leaves.

I'm loving all this practice on covering approaches. It was risky as shit to random hyper dhc just to try Sent and it blew two meters but this guy just seemed ass and was afraid to approach hulk anyhow. The meter waste was just insult to injury if he even caught it.

I'm going to try to find some ways to cover crouching approaches next for folks like She-Hulk. Maybe Ryu Tatsu or Shuma Mystic Smash.

BTW, I'm loving Shuma. He combos so fast outta anything. I need to see who I should try him with and where I want him in lineup sometime. I keep thinking of running some form of Zero, Shuma, She Hulk.

Wish me luck. Back in I go.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
shaowebb whats in the new Shadow pack?

Ferrio

Banned
Sir Garbageman said:
Is there a trick to landing She-Hulk's standard ground to air combo into runner's stance into OTG torpedo? Just started using her and I only land it 25% of the time. I nail the combo just fine, but I never seem to be able to go into runner's stance fast enough before my opponent gets up.

Delay your air hits as much as possible to allow shehulk to land around the same time as your opponent. It'll give you more time to go into runners. Also you can buffer runners right before you hit the ground. So do Down Down S right before she hits the ground.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Caught up on Flash Metroid's Iron Man before I get into that gdlk Max video.

Diagonal Proton Cannon XFC into Repulsar Blast into Proton canon is fucking ridiculous.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
Caught up on Flash Metroid's Iron Man before I get into that gdlk Max video.

Diagonal Proton Cannon XFC into Repulsar Blast into Proton canon is fucking ridiculous.

but but Iron man suuuuucks
Far from it

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Jaxel's setup is godlike I like the SSD with no page file and 16 gb ram.

Edit: yeah thats a nice ass setup.

RS4-

Maximilian is gdlk.

Playing ranked laggers is not. Or ones that have 4000+ games played on ranked and pull the plug on you.

For some stupid reason, I decided to go online with this game a few times over the last few days. For the most part I would lose a few matches, and maybe win one, before stopping.

Today, I lost a couple, won a couple, got put against a rage quitter and dc'ed during a game ending Lv3, and then went on a 7 game win streak.

Everyone I played suck, though some not as much as others, and of course I suck, a lot. But it's the first time since that first week the game came out that I've won more than two in a row, so I'm a little surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom