• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Ultimate MVC3: Arcade Edition? But they aren't going to call it Super MVC3 either. I can settle for HYPER MVC3 edition too.

So if you do Jill's Ensnarement and Hidden Missile assist at the same time, they get thrown backwards into the missiles for a reset. If you hit hidden missiles during an earlier move, they'll get OTG'd to continue the combo. With the right spacing, if you hit hidden missiles at the same time as launcher, they'll get hit by 1 missile on the way up, giving you the ability to do a quicker air series than normal, which helps in long combos. They will get OTG'd after they hit the ground as well.

Hidden missiles is a great assist for Jill, it greatly expands her game in ways other assists won't do. Because it's so slow, you can OTG after things that would otherwise be impossible. It also sets up resets at any time during a combo and protects Jill's low health. With a separate beam assist like Thor or Iron Man, Jill becomes really good.

I haven't used her in the last couple days, and all of a sudden today i could do more cancels than usual. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get Somersault to come out after 3 low sweeps, maybe it's impossible? I also can't seem to break the 500k barrier before hypers. Other than loops, it seems like the more hits, the less damage I get.

I still think that as a character, Jill is built for a Hit Box, though. dashing into feral crouch is just so awkward on a stick. I'll probably keep Sentinel on my Thor/Doom team until i get mine.

Joe/MODOK/Deadpool is also looking like a solid alt team. Still needs more practice, though.

Phoenix/Chun/Doom, on the other hand...

Karsticles said:
Looks like the Ultimate Wishlist to me. Not that I don't share it.

Edit: They would never call it Ultimate, just because that suggests there will be no more editions. ;-)

Super Ultimate MvC3 Championship Edition. It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? The sad part is, it could happen.

God's Beard said:
Phoenix/Chun/Doom, on the other hand...

Try running Phoenix as anchor. I know you don't want to do that, but you can bring her in as soon as she gets 5 meters and use her regular version. Besides, if they really want her out, they'll snapback, so make them at least use a meter to bring her out :)

Super Ultimate MvC3 Championship Edition. It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? The sad part is, it could happen.
Don't forget "Hyper", "2.0" and "Turbo" in there somewhere.

I think the sadder part is that as long as the netcode is fixed, I would buy it.

Karsticles said:
Don't forget "Hyper", "2.0" and "Turbo" in there somewhere.

I think the sadder part is that as long as the netcode is fixed, I would buy it.

Please, if this is the only thing that changed....

shutupmoney.jpg

shaowebb

lupinko said:
How do you guys feel about potentially giving Capcom all your money again next year for
dat marvel
, hmmm?

Your twitter translates into a message that states capcom has intentions of making an upgrade to dat marvel.

I'm cool with this. My bet is the netcode cant be patched and it would allow for pre-orders to fund a larger cast.

Hit me with everything you got. I'll buy it because I love this game and I'll support you guys for wanting to keep it alive in any fashion.

Prototype-03 said:

Try running Phoenix as anchor. I know you don't want to do that, but you can bring her in as soon as she gets 5 meters and use her regular version. Besides, if they really want her out, they'll snapback, so make them at least use a meter to bring her out :)

But I'll have to swap chun out! I need her on utility so I can air tag into the stomp infinite :-(

Anyway, my Joe team is probably better for air tag shenanigans because it's more solid in general.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
CapAm infinite patched? Back to super shit tier with ye, instead of just kinda shit tier.

lupinko said:
How do you guys feel about potentially giving Capcom all your money again next year for
dat marvel
, hmmm?

Depends. I'm not gonna be too inclined to give them more money if they just release the game in a form it should've been in the first place.

Dahbomb

CapAm having infinite or not doesn't change his placing on the tier list.

1) Most people can't do the infinite in live matches, even the top tier players. It's viable but it's just better to cut the infinite short and end in a hyper. It also builds a ton of meter for the opponent as well.

2) Captain America doesn't have problem doing high damaging combos, he can easily take 700K in a combo ending in Hyper Charging Star. He has trouble getting in that first hit which doesn't change if he has an infinite or not.

He's still Mid tier. With a proper OTG assist he can wreak some havoc. He can still rape assists and his Shield Slash is a great zoning tool, one that you can convert into big time combos if it hits at a particular range. At a certain distance/spacing, Captain America is hard to touch if he plays it real tight.

His problem is that he is reliant on mistakes to convert to damage, he isn't going to open anyone up that easily. He does have some nice normals to help him with stuff and a Backflip that can be used to mix up people with a proper assist backing it up. However the Backflip is more of a utility to help him always be at the mid screen level where he's the best. His corner game blows.

ApolloJoh

Nils said:
Now that I'm finally bothering with the DHC glitch, what are some DHC glitch setups for Task/Wesker/Dante? I know they all have hypers that lead into it, but I wouldn't know what hyper to start it off with and in what situation. Now that I think about it, they have no glitch starting hypers?

For Dante, as mentioned before, the Grapple -> DT -> Wesker Counter but you can also do Dance Macabre -> DT -> Wesker Counter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mylXHG-o8vo&feature=player_detailpage#t=304s

Never knew that worked. Gives me a reason to use that move now, lol.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Dahbomb said:
1) Most people can't do the infinite in live matches, even the top tier players. It's viable but it's just better to cut the infinite short and end in a hyper..

You think, if MvC2 just came out, that anybody could do Mags' infinite consistently if they knew about it?

Anyway, I agree that removing it doesn't actually affect him that much, man.

Dahbomb

Lost Fragment said:
You think, if MvC2 just came out, that anybody could do Mags' infinite consistently if they knew about it?
Probably not but Magneto has better tools/options to help him start those ROMs. It took a long time for people to get the ROM down and even then people dropped them at high level play.

And having an infinite doesn't make you automatically good, Servebot had an infinite in MVC2....

Seems like Ammy's infinite which was only available on a few characters also got removed. Waiting on Desk's video for the confirmation, it seems like all of his stuff were things that got changed.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'd insta-buy a new edition. Give me like 5 new characters on both sides, better netcode, and a bunch of extras like the Event mode but not as clumsily implemented and boom.

On the note of netcode. I'm still getting very fast matches in training mode without any filter bullshit. Has anyone corroborated that this might be improved yet? I still only have a small sample size, but I feel like I had to wait for eternity every time I tried searching without filters before.

That Dance Macabre DHC looks hilariously impractical online but would be a great stylin' thing for Dante as if he needed any more.

El Sloth

Banned
Nils said:
That Dance Macabre DHC looks hilariously impractical online but would be a great stylin' thing for Dante as if he needed any more.
Well, that was an online match. Then again it's that godly Japanese online.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed that right after I posted, and I bet that guy nails it every time but at my current skill level it would just lead to way too many dropped combos I think. Still, awesome video.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Above all why don't those fools have change logs. Seriously what are they doing back there. Do they just update random chunks of code then take a diff and send the patch off for cert. Is there no documentation!!!!!!! That infuriates me beyond belief more than the actual changes they make in the patches.

Lost Fragment said:

Considering that games with as hard or harder execution came out before MVC2, and people could do infinites in those games, yeah.

I'd only buy the next MvC3 if spectator mode is in. The game will be useless to me without it. Better netcode has to be a given for the next go around.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Just a theory regarding this MVC3 update...

Did we ever see how well Jill and Shuma sold individually? If so, this could be the big reason they announced nothing for MVC3 @ Captivate. If the performance was weak on selling separate DLC characters, then they're probably attacking different methods of title updates for the future...just as Lupinko is reporting.

STRIDER FOR PRESIDENT 2011

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lupinko said:
hxxp://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/57936439148691456

Speaks for itself really.

Okay, now I'm done...
for now.

If you are right. I will jump on hype train, if they reconsider to make online much better!

Lupinko's information should warrent for new thread for new mvc3.

El Sloth said:
A nerf to X-Factor that removed level 2 and 3 and just kept 1 and it's bonuses(except maybe the length) would be cool too, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
I'm fine with toning X-Factor down, but I wouldn't want them to get rid of level 3 entirely. One positive thing about X-Factor in its current form is that people frequently save an anchor character to try and make a comeback with X-Factor level 3, so matches are still exciting down to the very end. As a spectator, this is an improvement over Marvel 2, where a match was often largely decided in the first 10-20 seconds, and all you could watch for the rest of the match was the guy with a full team slowly wearing down Psylocke or Captain Commando.

Without the incentive to save X-Factor for their last character, you'd probably see a lot more people burn X-Factor early in the match, and you'd lose that comeback factor. If I had to guess, that would result in more boring matches to watch overall.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The netcode is never getting better. Accept reality now instead of setting yourself up for disappointment.

God's Beard said:
Considering that games with as hard or harder execution came out before MVC2, and people could do infinites in those games, yeah.
It took a few years before Magneto was considered top tier, and there was a pretty big gap of time between his infinite's discovery and its regular use.

Sixfortyfive said:
The netcode is never getting better. Accept reality now instead of setting yourself up for disappointment.

It took a few years before Magneto was considered top tier, and there was a pretty big gap of time between his infinite's discovery and its regular use.
Wasn't Magneto already one of the most popular Marvel 2 characters before ROM was discovered? Those tempest combos were pretty deadly on their own.

kitzkozan

Dahbomb said:
It's because people are jumping on the new bandwagon set by JWong and Combofiend using their teams of She Hulk + Tron or She Hulk + Taskmaster. At least the character variety is going up from Wolverine/Akuma/Sentinel/Wesker.

Wong and Combo have been top players for years, so copycats saw them and said: bah, they could win with anyone.

Nerdjosh goes with a team of She Hulk, Tron and Taskmaster and win a guard break so now people are waking up: crap, She Hulk on point + Tron as assist just kick serious ass and Taskmaster = top tier.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Parallax Scroll said:
Wasn't Magneto already one of the most popular Marvel 2 characters before ROM was discovered? Those tempest combos were pretty deadly on their own.
Popular probably, but not considered god tier for a while. Search around enough and you'll find old arguments about how he was more of a "randomizer" than a truly skillful character because his beastly tools weren't practical enough to pull off regularly.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Sixfortyfive said:

lawl

So much truth
and sadness.

El Sloth

Banned
Parallax Scroll said:
I'm fine with toning X-Factor down, but I wouldn't want them to get rid of level 3 entirely. One positive thing about X-Factor in its current form is that people frequently save an anchor character to try and make a comeback with X-Factor level 3, so matches are still exciting down to the very end. As a spectator, this is an improvement over Marvel 2, where a match was often largely decided in the first 10-20 seconds, and all you could watch for the rest of the match was the guy with a full team slowly wearing down Psylocke or Captain Commando.

Without the incentive to save X-Factor for their last character, you'd probably see a lot more people burn X-Factor early in the match, and you'd lose that comeback factor. If I had to guess, that would result in more boring matches to watch overall.
I guess, but I still prefer regular old comebacks since they're much more impressive.
Sixfortyfive said:
I'll never relinquish my hope!
For a spectator mode.

I'm probably going to buy Skull Girls solely because it's using GGPO.

hitsugi

mag/cable teams were considered top tier long before the rom infinite was first displayed.. and later brought to the states, etc.

then there were magneto players that could do the rom to max hits and tempest dhc to kill.

then there were resets.. Ricky was the first player attempting them and they were only effective for a short while before they became too slow / predictable. Then Soo brought some faster versions and eventually, yipes revolutionized magneto with a certain smoothness that just hadnt been seen before; magneto and storm were only limited by a players execution at that point. It was beautiful.

However, what will mvc3 evolve in to as Capcom continually shapes it? Getting rid of cap am infinite? There goes that guy.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Uploaded by biffotasty on Apr 15, 2011

So much stuff was changed and I had to get so much footage that the vid is taking forever to edit. Will be up tomorrow, stay tuned.

Wow. SRK only has two confirmed changes so far (Cap infinite and Zero Glitch) and people are already mad as hell about those. How does that guy find this stuff so fast?

n3ss

aka acr0nym
hitsugi said:
mag/cable teams were considered top tier long before the rom infinite was first displayed.. and later brought to the states, etc.

then there were magneto players that could do the rom to max hits and tempest dhc to kill.

then there were resets.. Ricky was the first player attempting them and they were only effective for a short while before they became too slow / predictable. Then Soo brought some faster versions and eventually, yipes revolutionized magneto with a certain smoothness that just hadnt been seen before; magneto and storm were only limited by a players execution at that point. It was beautiful.

However, what will mvc3 evolve in to as Capcom continually shapes it? Getting rid of cap am infinite? There goes that guy.

Personally, I think constant patches/updates to a fighter is bad, it doesn't give time for the game to grow and evolve --just as you mentioned above. This makes me not want to take the game seriously because its constantly changing/fixed/etc. Oh, and lets not forget X-Factor, it's the same reason why I wouldn't take Mario Kart seriously (the whole rubberband effect).

Nils said:
Uploaded by biffotasty on Apr 15, 2011

So much stuff was changed and I had to get so much footage that the vid is taking forever to edit. Will be up tomorrow, stay tuned.

Wow. SRK only has two confirmed changes so far (Cap infinite and Zero Glitch) and people are already mad as hell about those. How does that guy find this stuff so fast?
Desk has invented a real-life hyperbolic time chamber and is keeping his secret from everyone.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Cap infinite I can understand people being salty over, but I'm surprised people are upset they took out the Zero glitch.

edit: I guess I can understand people being upset over the *way* they removed it. Seems kinda lazy to just kick him out of his powered up state whenever he does a snapback. But maybe that was the only option they had to fix it or something.

Anybody want to play for a little bit on XBL?

Man, I just played this guy on XBL who was playing Phoenix. I kept beating his first 2 guys, then running for the rest of the match, heh.

Then he messaged me and said I am scrubby for using my assists.

I don't get it.

Zero glitch is the only thing I'm satisfied with them changing. Not because it was overpowered, but because it was such a stupid thing. You just sit there for 2 minutes...

I'm actually perfectly fine with infinites existing, but not one done by using just one move. ROM took a lot of skill and practice to do. Besides, characters should be viable based on their general skillset, not just a gimmick.

Desk has invented a real-life hyperbolic time chamber and is keeping his secret from everyone.
Haha, no kidding.

Dahbomb

NO ONE is upset over the Zero game breaking glitch fix.

The people who are "upset" are the same people who get angry at any patch change period.

I also think people who have set up their teams to abuse the DHC glitch to start thinking about teams that don't rely on it too much.

http://www.mybigfatass.com

In all seriousness, people should realize by now that things that are too good to be true often aren't.

And yeah I wouldn't be expecting good netcode from Capcom anytime soon. It isn't really their fault to be honest, they tried to make it good. The best that Capcom can provide is netcode on par with SSF4:AE.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I find it hilarious that blazblue updated their netcode to be even better with the upcoming patch although it's already the best there is on consoles, yet Im pretty damn sure capcom will never do shit with theirs LOL

One can only hope :(

Dahbomb said:
And yeah I wouldn't be expecting good netcode from Capcom anytime soon. It isn't really their fault to be honest, they tried to make it good. The best that Capcom can provide is netcode on par with SSF4:AE.

Tried doesn't count in the real world. I tried to prevent your house from burning down LOL SORRY BUT I COULDN'T STOP IT.

Dahbomb said:
NO ONE is upset over the Zero game breaking glitch fix.

The people who are "upset" are the same people who get angry at any patch change period.

I also think people who have set up their teams to abuse the DHC glitch to start thinking about teams that don't rely on it too much.

http://www.mybigfatass.com

In all seriousness, people should realize by now that things that are too good to be true often aren't.

The only thing I don't understand is why there's no changelog. Legit gripe there.

QisTopTier said:
I find it hilarious that blazblue updated their netcode to be even better with the upcoming patch although it's already the best there is on consoles, yet Im pretty damn sure capcom will never do shit with theirs LOL

One can only hope :(

Don't you know? BlazBlue is only made so they can sell their netcode. It's really the UE of fighting games.

Prototype-03 said:
Don't you know? BlazBlue is only made so they can sell their netcode. It's really the UE of fighting games.
They should sell their netcode to SNK.
Oh man, if Arc published XIII like they did with AH3... :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom