• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

"Chris punches boulders, what does Wolvie do? He does it for Morph" - Commentary from Ramnation.
KuGsj.gif

Dahbomb

http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/26/news-and-video-roundup-82611/

This video shows off what I was impressed with in the previous Spider Man video, the anti-air application of Spider Sting. It isn't really a great anti-air move but when you Kara it you get additional range and it auto-corrects so it becomes much better as an anti-air plus it leads into very high damage.

The jump cancel/TK stuff I already knew of Spider Man especially the TK Maximum Spider. I hope they fix that in UMVC3, MS should be able to easily connect after Web Throw we should've have to go into TK to be able to link that.

Also a lot of She Hulk buffs have been sighted (some obvious like the Air dash and some not so obvious like better hit box on Emerald Cannon). Going to take a look at some videos to get a good idea of what's going on.

The changelog for this game is going to be massive. I mean if people missed out on something big like the She Hulk air dash before there is no telling what we are missing thus far. Not to mention the numerous slight damage/frame adjustments that are hard to tell from just playing the game.

Sayah

Tiger uppercut said:
She-Hulks rejoice, she has a forward air dash in Ultimate mahvel!

Edit: I went here before the ultimate thread, hah.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! That was absolutely needed. Trish and She-Hulk will be two confirmed team members in my main team. Tron will probably be thrown out as her assist will become useless now and will be replaced with one of the new characters. Also hoping Trish gets a little health upgrade.

USD

Wow, TTC|Noah:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...he-prodigy-quot-solis-lands-enviable-job.aspx

EVO 2011 attracted over two million online viewers. Many of them were watching Noah Solis, an eight-year-old gaming wunderkind, beat the living snot out of people in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Noah's talents have already landed him a gaming job. He just signed on as the newest member of the competitive gaming team put together by The Traveling Circus.

"I went with TTC as my sponsor because they treat me good, they are nice people, they give me hope in my future, and they believe in my ability," says Noah. "I like their name. They are nice to me, and my dad is comfortable with their character and my brothers approve."

Not only will Noah get paid to play games and compete in tournaments across the globe, this deal includes a clothing line. From what we understand, some of the clothing designs will be from Noah himself. This clothing line will be showing up soon at the Traveling Circus website.

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see this kid compete.

shaowebb

USD said:

Alright Noah! I like that he gets his own clothing line and is paid to play this young. He gets to be the spokesman for the younger generation to make them get less frustrated with these things online as they see higher level players.

I can't wait to see some of Noah's clothing line up. I also can't wait to see his Hulk shenanigans considering his entire playstyle is based around super armor and big damage. I bet he drops Wesker for Nemesis though in Ultimate.

Dartastic

Yeah, that Spidey video is awesome. I wish I picked him up, but other characters just offered far better rewards. And now that I've traded in this game (22 bucks still!) I have to wait until Ultimate. Oh well.

For the first time, I‘m playing together with the local community. Won once and then got blown up by a Dante with hidden missiles so far XD

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
N4Us said:
Holy crap, Phoenix Wright reveal video leaked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovqYktZQKh0

Came here to post that, shit's hilarious.

And WTF to Noah being signed? Did yall watch the same Evo videos as I did? I don't want to hate on the tremendous potential of an 8-year old, but seriously that kid wasn't wiping the competition with mind blowing reactions and reads. I mean, if that kid was an 18 year old, he's nothing special, right?

I assume he's being sponsored based on his potential as an 8-year old...

From the TTC webpage
6818166.jpg

Buy'em here! http://www.thetravelingcircus.net/self-portrait-gold.html

Dahbomb

He got pretty far and was abusing the stuff that needed to be abused from his characters. He punished accordingly and frame trapped players into an opening. It's definitely very impressive for an 8 year old and with more coaching/experience around better players he can definitely end up being very good later on.

Although most prodigies tap out very early so who knows where he might end up being in 10 or so years.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Dahbomb said:
He got pretty far and was abusing the stuff that needed to be abused from his characters. He punished accordingly and frame trapped players into an opening. It's definitely very impressive for an 8 year old and with more coaching/experience around better players he can definitely end up being very good later on.

Although most prodigies tap out very early so who knows where he might end up being in 10 or so years.

To me it's the equivalent of coaches getting college verbal commitments from kids playing basketball at 10 year olds. Who knows if Noah even likes video games in ten years when he's 18. Just sounds like they're trying to Tiger Woods this kid...

Been working on a new tier list using some strict scoring methods and Dahbomb's input from the ultimate thread. It came out kind of interesting and it reflects how powerful some strategies are despite Capcom's efforts to balance the game in the first iteration.

It took me a while, but I'm still looking it over. I think it could be more accurate, but my knowledge of the game has limits. I bet it would be even more interesting with input from hundreds of people.

hmm
God's Beard said:
Noah's first design is a picture of himself, Wesker, Sentinel and Hulk:
This better be a joke lol.
Karsticles said:
Solar, I'm around if you want some matches.
Woke up pretty late, but I did not see the post until much later.

What a shame...maybe next time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Good shit for Noah. Must be a kid's dream to get that much attention for being awesome at playing video games.

Sayah

Will have to put this game on hold until I get a new Dualshock. I can't do qcf attacks (on the left side) properly since the d-pad is somewhat messed up now. Thankfully, it doesn't impact my gameplay in Tekken as much.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Got 2nd place at a local tonight. Feels good to not be a pot monster for once.

The guy who won plays the meanest Sentinel I've seen in a long time. Puts him on point with Quick Work + Lariat assists, knows the maximum range for all of his normals like the back of his hand, and generally plays the robot as if he was Wolverine (rush down until you get 1 opening, XF1, then go to town).

Sayah

Sixfortyfive said:
Got 2nd place at a local tonight. Feels good to not be a pot monster for once.

The guy who won plays the meanest Sentinel I've seen in a long time. Puts him on point with Quick Work + Lariat assists, knows the maximum range for all of his normals like the back of his hand, and generally plays the robot as if he was Wolverine (rush down until you get 1 opening, XF1, then go to town).
I see mean Sentinel's all the time. Aside from his large attack range, he has two hypers (one in the air and the one with the rocket assist) that can basically override almost anything and everything.

Tobe

Sayah said:
Will have to put this game on hold until I get a new Dualshock. I can't do qcf attacks (on the left side) properly since the d-pad is somewhat messed up now. Thankfully, it doesn't impact my gameplay in Tekken as much.

try pouring a little bit of rubbing alcohol

Karsticles said:
I just saw your login Solar - sorry, I played this guy for 25 matches in a row, wasn't thinking to check the chat, just my messages.
Left a message in the chat and waited around, but nothing happened.

It is a shame because I went into training mode and I felt minimal rust when trying out different combos. Tonight would have been a good night for me.

oh well

Tobe

so after struggling with arthur and how much he sucks i finally 100% the missions :D also no longer a junior woot.

Just finished watching Summerjam and lol at that salty dude.

I also wanted to comment on Trish. Holy crap I've never seen someone play Trish like that before. She is seriously the best zoner in this game without a doubt. Definitely one of the most pleasurable matches I've seen in a while. MastaCJ's Dormammu was also sick as all hell.

Fake edit: Congrats on the Membership Tobe.

Dahbomb

That's why no Trish presence at E3 top 32 MVC3 was a shocker. She's a legitimately high tier character and it was weird to see so many characters below her make it in but not her.

This should change for UMVC3 when more people start making zoning style teams and Trish will be at the forefront with her trap style game and buffed game from MVC3.
Been working on a new tier list using some strict scoring methods and Dahbomb's input from the ultimate thread. It came out kind of interesting and it reflects how powerful some strategies are despite Capcom's efforts to balance the game in the first iteration.

It took me a while, but I'm still looking it over. I think it could be more accurate, but my knowledge of the game has limits. I bet it would be even more interesting with input from hundreds of people.
Everyone is going to have their own tier list. There is almost never any foundation for making tier lists (do we make 5 categories, 4 or even 6?) and because of that it varies from game to game. Some may have a top 3, top 5 or even a top 1 character. There is a whole thread dedicated to this on MVC3 forums at SRK and it's about to hit 300 pages worth of discussion. I posted a tier list back and it's generally what is considered to be the consensus.

In my experience with MVC3 tier list, it's pretty solid for the first 20 characters and after that it's real shaky. Then you have to take the word of people who play with lower tiered characters regularly to have a solid comparison. Others you just place a bit higher because they clearly have the tools but no one has used them properly (like Jill). The bottom 5 or so is also fairly established it's the 20-30 range that is highly debated on these days.

There are also 2 types of tier lists: Result oriented and theory fighter oriented. Needless to say C Viper ranks in top 3 for theory fighter tier list but barely in top 15 in result oriented tier list. And by result oriented I mean percentage of people playing certain characters compared to those same people winning with those characters. Result oriented also takes into consideration execution barrier and in that category Wolverine is #2. In MVC3 I have seen that mobility, damage output on easy combos and mix ups (left/right way more important than high/low) are the most essential factors with Throw OS and move priorities coming in next.

DR2K

Banned
Dahbomb said:
That's why no Trish presence at E3 top 32 MVC3 was a shocker. She's a legitimately high tier character and it was weird to see so many characters below her make it in but not her.

This should change for UMVC3 when more people start making zoning style teams and Trish will be at the forefront with her trap style game and buffed game from MVC3.

Everyone is going to have their own tier list. There is almost never any foundation for making tier lists (do we make 5 categories, 4 or even 6?) and because of that it varies from game to game. Some may have a top 3, top 5 or even a top 1 character. There is a whole thread dedicated to this on MVC3 forums at SRK and it's about to hit 300 pages worth of discussion. I posted a tier list back and it's generally what is considered to be the consensus.

In my experience with MVC3 tier list, it's pretty solid for the first 20 characters and after that it's real shaky. Then you have to take the word of people who play with lower tiered characters regularly to have a solid comparison. Others you just place a bit higher because they clearly have the tools but no one has used them properly (like Jill). The bottom 5 or so is also fairly established it's the 20-30 range that is highly debated on these days.

There are also 2 types of tier lists: Result oriented and theory fighter oriented. Needless to say C Viper ranks in top 3 for theory fighter tier list but barely in top 15 in result oriented tier list. And by result oriented I mean percentage of people playing certain characters compared to those same people winning with those characters. Result oriented also takes into consideration execution barrier and in that category Wolverine is #2. In MVC3 I have seen that mobility, damage output on easy combos and mix ups (left/right way more important than high/low) are the most essential factors with Throw OS and move priorities coming in next.

Way too much start up on all her moves, gets nothing off throws, and she's a low damage character. Most of this has been rectified in UMVC3.

shaowebb

DR2K said:
Way too much start up on all her moves, gets nothing off throws, and she's a low damage character. Most of this has been rectified in UMVC3.

This. I remember being annoying as hell with her on day one and wondering why I could never win with her. Simple answer is she just took to long to finish what she started on all levels of her game.

I'm a big fan of her Round Harvest on teams and I hope that she feels a bit more threatening versus the current build and mechanics this go round. If so she will be pretty fun.

Dahbomb

She gets stuff off of throws now? I guess that would be true with her hyper hitting OTG now and access to aerial X Factor.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Trish is a great point character, and a good anchor, just good.

Great keep away, great run away, ok chip, great range on normals, great pressure, great L3XF.

She has weaknesses but she's pretty underrated/underplayed.

Dahbomb

She has a cancellable DIVE KICK too. Bad throw game and low damage kept her back, her IAD j.H game was just too sick. I think her start up times on her moves were fine given that some of them set up nasty traps but I am fine with her getting better start ups so she can hold her own in projectile wars especially against the Disruptor.

Sayah

RDK had a nice setup with Trish using assists and I suppose its beneficial since he's using her as the first character. I use her as the middle or the end character and never as the first character due to her low health. She took awhile to actually learn. Practiced with her non-stop for two weeks to get her combos down. I don't rely on assists with her at all, though. This is somewhat similar to the combo I use with her.

Top Bottom