• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
SUPER ARMOR ISNT FAIR WAAAAA Oh wait he's a huge ass character with shit hp and clunky ass normals
Hey man, try going to today's event and fighting through all of arcade mode where every character has permanent hyper armor.

If someone can do it on the highest difficulty, they deserve a Nobel Peace Prize.

Sayah

Karsticles said:
How are we not past people still saying Sentinel is too good?
His attacks take far too much damage. Plus all the spamming. I use a main team of She-Hulk, Trish, and Tron. Both Tron and She-Hulk are pretty much ineffective against Sentinel spamming. Even if I do super jumps and what not, I'll just end up finding myself messing up somehow and getting caught in a combo.

Neki

Sayah said:
His attacks take far too much damage. Plus all the spamming. I use a main team of She-Hulk, Trish, and Tron. Both Tron and She-Hulk are pretty much ineffective against Sentinel spamming. Even if I do super jumps and what not, I'll just end up finding myself messing up somehow and getting caught in a combo.
wat.

tron assist blows up Sentinel. unless you're calling her from across the screen, or without supporting her, then you deserve to get blown up.

Nose Master

Sayah said:

Yeah, it's really hard to avoid nothing but cr. B and launchers, man.

Tobe

Sayah said:
you are respecting sentinel way too much. just do j.h with tron assist and see how the robot turn to the sentinel of the 90s

The Sent drones being so good always makes me laugh. Hsien-Ko sucks, but she eats that robot up for breakfast with her j.H, s.H and pendulum.
Ultimoo said:
solarpowered once beat my lone sentinel by holding up-back. it made me so angry, but I held it in and just roflstomped him the next few matches to make up for it.
I swear I did not press any buttons, but there he was, dead with me standing confused and scared.

The rofl stomping... >_<

Sayah

Ultimoo said:
wat.

tron assist blows up Sentinel. unless you're calling her from across the screen, or without supporting her, then you deserve to get blown up.
I would use the Tron assist if I could get close enough.

Tobe1 said:
you are respecting sentinel way too much. just do j.h with tron assist and see how the robot turn to the sentinel of the 90s
The yellow laser plus the rocket missiles plus Doom assists make it really difficult to approach him. Both She-Hulk and Tron don't really have any hypers that are effective from far distances to counter the spamming.

Nose Master said:
Yeah, it's really hard to avoid nothing but cr. B and launchers, man.
My sarcasm sensor is broken. :/

Sayah

SolarPowered said:
The Sent drones being so good always makes me laugh. Hsien-Ko sucks, but she eats that robot up for breakfast with her j.H, s.H and pendulum.

I swear I did not press any buttons, but there he was, dead with me standing confused and scared.

The rofl stomping... >_<
Anytime I face a Hsien-Ko player, they use the hyper, switch out, and consistently call her for assist. Another strategy that has sort of worn out now though.

smurfx

get some go again
lol the mayor of earth has claimed another cosmic lord victim! he don't give a fuck that he is low tier and isn't supposed to beat them. 2nd one this week i think that haggar wins it at the end.

Sayah

smurfx said:
lol the mayor of earth has claimed another cosmic lord victim! he don't give a fuck that he is low tier and isn't supposed to beat them. 2nd one this week i think that haggar wins it at the end.
The steel pipe scares me.

smurfx

get some go again
Sayah said:
The steel pipe scares me.
i didn't even use the steel pipe. it was a combination of m and then leading to hoodlum launcher and death. both cosmic lords fell victim to that.

Sayah

smurfx said:
i didn't even use the steel pipe. it was a combination of m and then leading to hoodlum launcher and death. both cosmic lords fell victim to that.
You're at cosmic lord level? Dayum. I'm only a third lord at the moment although I have beaten various people ranked far above me.

smurfx

get some go again
Sayah said:
You're at cosmic lord level? Dayum. I'm only a third lord at the moment although I have beaten various people ranked far above me.
no i'm 1st lord right now but i've been facing more cosmic lords lately. im happy since i didn't fight them too much at 2nd lord and above.

Sayah

smurfx said:
no i'm 1st lord right now but i've been facing more cosmic lords lately. im happy since i didn't fight them too much at 2nd lord and above.
I hope to reach cosmic lord..........someday. Just need to come up with a better and innovative team strategy.

smurfx

get some go again
Sixfortyfive said:
What's the URL for that Cross Counter thing tonight?
http://www.justin.tv/thestreamdottv#/w/1664149232

extremely laggy right now. it hasn't started yet so they are probably having major technical difficulties.

Sayah said:
I hope to reach cosmic lord..........someday. Just need to come up with a better and innovative team strategy.
im sure i could reach that level if i kept on grinding away but i plan on dumping this game for good once ultimate comes out so i know i will never reach that level. i'll probably pass 1st lord by next month and maybe go 1 more level above that. it depends on how much work i have though. lately i haven't been playing as much as i'd like. you on xbox live? if so what is your live name? id like to play you sometime.

Sayah said:
Anytime I face a Hsien-Ko player, they use the hyper, switch out, and consistently call her for assist. Another strategy that has sort of worn out now though.
I play a little differently to say the least...

She-Hulk and Trish both eat Sentinel. Gustaff Fire makes it so you don't even need to try. Sentinel's damage is fine; it could be higher, even. He doesn't do any crazy levels of damage that the top tiers don't, and he has to work harder for it.

The yellow laser plus the rocket missiles plus Doom assists make it really difficult to approach him. Both She-Hulk and Tron don't really have any hypers that are effective from far distances to counter the spamming.
Rocket missiles? Drones? Doom assist can make it hard for you to get in, but not with Tron assist backing you.

Sayah

smurfx said:
http://www.justin.tv/thestreamdottv#/w/1664149232

extremely laggy right now. it hasn't started yet so they are probably having major technical difficulties.

im sure i could reach that level if i kept on grinding away but i plan on dumping this game for good once ultimate comes out so i know i will never reach that level. i'll probably pass 1st lord by next month and maybe go 1 more level above that. it depends on how much work i have though. lately i haven't been playing as much as i'd like. you on xbox live? if so what is your live name? id like to play you sometime.
Yeah, if I can't reach it by the time Ultimate comes out, then I might never reach it, haha. And I have it on PS3. This is why I wish for cross-platfrom online play. Only a very small number of games support this.

Sayah

Karsticles said:
She-Hulk and Trish both eat Sentinel. Gustaff Fire makes it so you don't even need to try. Sentinel's damage is fine; it could be higher, even. He doesn't do any crazy levels of damage that the top tiers don't, and he has to work harder for it.

Rocket missiles? Drones? Doom assist can make it hard for you to get in, but not with Tron assist backing you.
Unfortunately, Trish's "too much stimulus for you" hyper is overrided by Sentinels hyper that launches those rockets. Thankfully, Trish's air game is quite possibly the best in the game and I can deal with Sentinels easily with her. Maybe to a lesser extent she-hulk. But with Tron as my last character, not really.

Dahbomb

She Hulk, Tron and Trish are all great match ups against Sentinel.

With She Hulk on point and Tron on assist, all you need to do is get in on Sentinel with the slide call in Tron and keep doing j.H. His huge hit box allows She Hulk to just do air grab Hyper all day long on him and this is all day 1 technology that JWong figured out that booted Sentinel out of whatever tier he was back then.

Sayah

Dahbomb said:
She Hulk, Tron and Trish are all great match ups against Sentinel.

With She Hulk on point and Tron on assist, all you need to do is get in on Sentinel with the slide call in Tron and keep doing j.H. His huge hit box allows She Hulk to just do air grab Hyper all day long on him and this is all day 1 technology that JWong figured out that booted Sentinel out of whatever tier he was back then.
Hmm....I never thought of using her air grab hyper while he's in air. Will have to work further on that. Thanks.

Unfortunately, Trish's "too much stimulus for you" hyper is overrided by Sentinels hyper that launches those rockets. Thankfully, Trish's air game is quite possibly the best in the game and I can deal with Sentinels easily with her. Maybe to a lesser extent she-hulk. But with Tron as my last character, not really.
I'm getting the sense that you don't really have any experience with Sentinel outside of him being your opponent, and thus you don't really fathom his weaknesses. Put him on point for ~50 matches and see how it goes in ranked. Tron vs. Sentinel is the only matchup in your team that isn't perfectly against Sentinel.

Sayah

Karsticles said:
I'm getting the sense that you don't really have any experience with Sentinel outside of him being your opponent, and thus you don't really fathom his weaknesses. Put him on point for ~50 matches and see how it goes in ranked. Tron vs. Sentinel is the only matchup in your team that isn't perfectly against Sentinel.
Yeah, I've only faced him as an opponent. Used him very minimally.

That's very normal. Sentinel can seem like a huge, unstoppable machine when you face him. Play some games with him, and you'll see him in a completely new light. He has some glaring weaknesses that are very easy to exploit.

wow Viper/Dorm ain't even bad. I love black hole set up for her. I need to get my execution up, but I can kinda combo off of it if I'm careful.

Sayah

finalboss2 said:
wow Viper/Dorm ain't even bad. I love black hole set up for her. I need to get my execution up, but I can kinda combo off of it if I'm careful.
Viper is a lot of fun to play with especially since she's so technical.

Karsticles said:
That's very normal. Sentinel can seem like a huge, unstoppable machine when you face him. Play some games with him, and you'll see him in a completely new light. He has some glaring weaknesses that are very easy to exploit.
Guess I'll get some player matches with him going to get a better gist of what he's actually like. Thanks for the help.

smurfx

get some go again
freaking haggar vs sentinel is not a good match up for haggar. i always hate when it comes down to my haggar against a sentinel.

Karsticles said:
I had the same experience with some Capcom obsessed dude the other day when me and some friends were talking about Skullgirls. He kept talking about how SFIV revived the genre and how Capcom fighters are the most balanced fighters. It was like all fighters outside of the tiny Capcom sphere did not exist to him.

He tried to argue that Lei Lei was just as good as the VS counterpart lol. Lots of folks who really need to play other characters for some perspective.
smurfx said:
freaking haggar vs sentinel is not a good match up for haggar. i always hate when it comes down to my haggar against a sentinel.
As big as Sent is...his flight mode meshes really well with his weapons. Haggar really is ass in the air.

:/

Tobe

SolarPowered said:
I had the same experience with some Capcom obsessed dude the other day when me and some friends were talking about Skullgirls. He kept talking about how SFIV revived the genre and how Capcom fighters are the most balanced fighters. It was like all fighters outside of the tiny Capcom sphere did not exist to him.

He tried to argue that Lei Lei was just as good as the VS counterpart lol. Lots of folks who really need to play other characters for some perspective.

As big as Sent is...his flight mode meshes really well with his weapons. Haggar really is ass in the air.

haggar doesnt suck that much he can change the timming od the landing and his special air grab has really good range and damage

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:

I think Haggar needs a bigger hitbox to his air command grabs. Most people haven't even seen him use any of them in a real match. So many good things up there with such ass range. More than this though is he should be able to link up into something else out of them. Why finish with anything in the air other than S or pipe if you got easy resets upon landing? Air grabs are the bulk of his specials and they're never even used due to this.

enzo_gt said:
Hey man, try going to today's event and fighting through all of arcade mode where every character has permanent hyper armor.

If someone can do it on the highest difficulty, they deserve a Nobel Peace Prize.
I did it on Hardest difficulty and highest damage with Phoenix on point.

Nose Master

smurfx said:

Pipe, headbutt, and hoodlum all day. If I can get in on my roommate's task as Haggar, you can get in on Sent.

My friend sometimes comes through and we usually spend some time in the lab...

Morrigan's average combo without a hyper can do about 430K at max using flight cancels and 380K with flight cancels. I usually do the 380K version and plugging them with Finishing shower caps the combo at about 450K. 70K damage for a bar has to make it one of the worst hypers in the game. We were both laughing about it until a second ago and then I remembered that I play her...

-_-
Nose Master said:
Pipe, headbutt, and hoodlum all day. If I can get in on my roommate's task as Haggar, you can get in on Sent.
He is playing Tasky wrong if he is letting Haggar get in on him with his arrows, hyper and crazy good normals.
shaowebb said:
I think Haggar needs a bigger hitbox to his air command grabs. Most people haven't even seen him use any of them in a real match. So many good things up there with such ass range. More than this though is he should be able to link up into something else out of them. Why finish with anything in the air other than S or pipe if you got easy resets upon landing? Air grabs are the bulk of his specials and they're never even used due to this.
This is a pretty good idea. Giving him a way to OTG once for some moderate damage would work for him too. I don't think he should be hard to fix at all. Super armor on a couple of lunging moves, increased range on his command grabs/air grabs and a nice combo extender. He could definitely use a medium durability projectile that gives him some time to get in there too...

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
This is a pretty good idea. Giving him a way to OTG once for some moderate damage would work for him too. I don't think he should be hard to fix at all. Super armor on a couple of lunging moves, increased range on his command grabs/air grabs and a nice combo extender. He could definitely use a medium durability projectile that gives him some time to get in there too...

Maybe...hmm...maybe...maybe a TRASHCAN!

smurfx

get some go again
Nose Master said:
your roommate must have a really crappy tasky if you are able to get in on him easily. all of sentinels armored attacks go right through anything haggar can do. you can't attack him from the air since his upward leg kick goes right through his pipe attack and sentinels leg thrust go right through hoodlum launcher. i destroy any haggars i meet with tasky and so should your roommate.

SolarPowered said:
My friend sometimes comes through and we usually spend some time in the lab...

Morrigan's average combo without a hyper can do about 430K at max using flight cancels and 380K with flight cancels. I usually do the 380K version and plugging them with Finishing shower caps the combo at about 450K. 70K damage for a bar has to make it one of the worst hypers in the game. We were both laughing about it until a second ago and then I remembered that I play her...

-_-

He is playing Tasky wrong if he is letting Haggar get in on him with his arrows, hyper and crazy good normals.

Yo Chris G working it with Morrigan at Guard Crush 22 FYI.

DR2K

Banned
smurfx said:

Stop using brain dead assists to win your match then.

Neki

smurfx said:
it hardly ever comes down to haggar vs sentinel though so ill keep my assist.
use assists to better enable gender equality in your cosmic lord matches then, I'm sure Hsien-KO and pro-women rights people would love to see her in some matches in higher level games.

palpabl_purpura said:
Yo Chris G working it with Morrigan at Guard Crush 22 FYI.
I missed it since I was playing SFIII...

Guess I'll watch it on youtube!
Ultimoo said:
use assists to better enable gender equality in your cosmic lord matches then, I'm sure Hsien-KO and pro-women rights people would love to see her in some matches in higher level games.
I could never recommend Lei Lei to anyone with a straight face.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
i tried hsien ko when i first got the game and quickly changed when she got blown up quickly.

Caj814

just got back from GGA's Wed gathering and I can't express how great it feels to have a consistent gathering to go to. Don't have to worry about online lag or even tv lag since everybody who brings setups has an Asus monitor. I did pretty well for the most part outside some of the bodyings I received.

DR2K

Banned
Ultimoo said:

It's funny how you used the term equality and Hsienko in the same sentence. I'll bring it up in my next women's rights meeting, besides the glorious Susan B Anthony we usually don't campaign dead chicks.

Neki

DR2K said:
It's funny how you used the term equality and Hsienko in the same sentence. I'll bring it up in my next women's rights meeting, besides the glorious Susan B Anthony we usually don't campaign dead chicks.
duly noted.

Kubisa

Neo Member
Something tells me that Morrigan may become high tier in Ultimate, the buffs we've seen so far (combined with the debuffs to some other characters) is going to make her a very viable candidate. Just depends on how good the newcomers are. Not too worried about Nemesis as Morrigan just doesn't give a fuck when it comes to super armor, but Strange and Strider seem like they could put up a good fight.

Really though I'm waiting for Thor's buffs, I really do think he's lower on the current tier list than he should be. But then again I only play online, so it's not a good measure of his potential.

Kubisa said:
Something tells me that Morrigan may become high tier in Ultimate, the buffs we've seen so far (combined with the debuffs to some other characters) is going to make her a very viable candidate. Just depends on how good the newcomers are. Not too worried about Nemesis as Morrigan just doesn't give a fuck when it comes to super armor, but Strange and Strider seem like they could put up a good fight.

Really though I'm waiting for Thor's buffs, I really do think he's lower on the current tier list than he should be. But then again I only play online, so it's not a good measure of his potential.
She is staying exactly where she is until we see some changes in her overall combo damage. A sizeable number of the new cast is shaping up incredibly well. Most of the A tier got buffed nicely and S tier got knocked down a peg here or there. A whole bunch of B tier characters like Morrigan also got nice buffs too. I think the order may change for a few characters, but it does not look like Morrigan is changing to meet demand.

Is she a better zoner than before compared to the rest of cast? Does she have a standard 550K bnb with finishing shower? Will they fix her throw so that she can get a hyper off of it?

I'm just waiting patiently until each update before I make that assertion. Too many things changing here and there to be sure of anything.

smurfx

get some go again
JeTmAn81 said:
Until Ultimate comes out *trollface*
oh you better believe i'm going to ditch haggar for better zoning characters. im going full out zoning with ultimate. hoping rocket raccoon is everything i want him to be.

Top Bottom