• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

I don't check online ranks for which characters are ranked best for which category. I'm judging based off of online play and most of the time, Wesker and Magneto are not used as anchors. I don't see how Wesker could serve as a good anchor. He's not half as good at solo play in comparison to when he has assists available.
*sigh* The online in this game is complete ass. Nothing that happens online matters. You need to watch some tournament videos. Like now. Before you argue about this any more. Educate yourself.

I don't know what game you've been playing but Wesker NEEDS assists in his combos to output the most damage. There's nothing at all ambiguous about that. There's many other characters that can benefit from assists but don't need to rely on them to take a good amount of damage as they already have meaty combos. Taskmaster, Trish, Wolvy, and others do not need to rely on assists to take a good amount of damage, FYI.
The entire point of an anchor is to abuse their XF3 stats. Case in point, Felicia is a "meh" character in general, but as an anchor she's ridiculously strong. Wesker gets a massive speed and damage bonus in XF3, and he doesn't need assists to extend his combos; off the top of my head, Wesker can do something like the following:
LMH, qcf.L, dash, df.H, c.MH, qcf.M, dash, c.MH, s.S, sj.MMHS, df.H, Phantom Dance.

The man can do a ton of damage alone; I think you need to learn a bit more about this game before trying to make these arguments.

It may be because I have Trish at the end and Wesker's gun shots, teleports, and level 1 hyper are all useless against her. Wesker in XF3 can be deadly against certain characters but I don't have a hard time with him when I'm using Trish.
-_-

Alright, if you're not going to take the time to educate yourself and your online warrior ways, don't expect a response to your posts.

Neki

Sayah said:
I don't know what game you've been playing but Wesker NEEDS assists in his combos to output the most damage. There's nothing at all ambiguous about that. There's many other characters that can benefit from assists but don't need to rely on them to take a good amount of damage as they already have meaty combos. Taskmaster, Trish, Wolvy, and others do not need to rely on assists to take a good amount of damage, FYI.
wat. wesker can output fine damage. wesker needs assists to make his mix-up game stronger and help him get in assists usually only allow him to do two things in combos, extend a samurai edge OTG into another basic launch combo/level 3 hyper , or help him link a cobra strike easier early in a combo, but you can easily link a cobra strike - > samurai edge without an assist. there is a reason why wesker is a strong anchor, because he doesn't need assists and because he can combo off air throws, and because he is ridiculous in XF3.

Just in case it's not clear; we're not arguing differing perspectives here. The folks on this board are being kind enough to inform you that you are in error.

Case in point, the results of a big tournament this weekend:
1. LB|ChrisGNY (Amaterasu, Ryu, Wesker)
2. UVG|Noel Brown (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
3. BT|IFC Yipes (Magneto, Dante, Akuma)
4. SmoothViper (Magneto, Sentinel, Phoenix)
5. RyRy (Zero, Magneto, Akuma)
5. AG|MarlinPie (C. Viper, Magneto, Amaterasu)
7. RDK (Trish, Magneto, Wesker)
7. DRS|Masta CJ (Dormammu, Magneto, Wesker)

Four Wesker users. Notice anything about them? 3/4 are anchoring him. In fact, the only person I know who uses Wesker on point is Viscant. You aren't just arguing with randoms on some forum here, you're arguing with the collective knowledge of the entire MvC3 player base. To top it off, your source is "online play".

You can watch the matches here if you want to learn more:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/27/gvn-summer-jam-5-tournament-stream-team-sp00ky/

Sayah

Karsticles said:
*sigh* The online in this game is complete ass. Nothing that happens online matters. You need to watch some tournament videos. Like now. Before you argue about this any more. Educate yourself.

The entire point of an anchor is to abuse their XF3 stats. Case in point, Felicia is a "meh" character in general, but as an anchor she's ridiculously strong. Wesker gets a massive speed and damage bonus in XF3, and he doesn't need assists to extend his combos; off the top of my head, Wesker can do something like the following:
LMH, qcf.L, dash, df.H, c.MH, qcf.M, dash, c.MH, s.S, sj.MMHS, df.H, Phantom Dance.

The man can do a ton of damage alone; I think you need to learn a bit more about this game before trying to make these arguments.

-_-

Alright, if you're not going to take the time to educate yourself and your online warrior ways, don't expect a response to your posts.
I'm gonna stop arguing. lol Sorry if I derailed the thread into an argument. I happen to use Trish as an anchor character and I also happen to not have any problems with Wesker while I'm using her. That's it. I wasn't trying to brag about being some online champion because I'm not.
If I was using Wesker, I would always put him up front to take full advantage of assists. Even in that Summer Jam tournament I watched today (was tempted due to all the Trish compliments) the Wesker player just did l,m,h, launch, m, m, h, drop. d/f + h.....to phantom dance by himself which probably took around 1/3 of the damage that he would have taken had there been assists available. And he repeated that combo several times. Wesker is one of the best characters in the game but "I" do not find a problem with him in XF3 if I have my Trish out. Same for Magneto.

Sayah

Karsticles said:
Just in case it's not clear; we're not arguing differing perspectives here. The folks on this board are being kind enough to inform you that you are in error.

Case in point, the results of a big tournament this weekend:
1. LB|ChrisGNY (Amaterasu, Ryu, Wesker)
2. UVG|Noel Brown (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
3. BT|IFC Yipes (Magneto, Dante, Akuma)
4. SmoothViper (Magneto, Sentinel, Phoenix)
5. RyRy (Zero, Magneto, Akuma)
5. AG|MarlinPie (C. Viper, Magneto, Amaterasu)
7. RDK (Trish, Magneto, Wesker)
7. DRS|Masta CJ (Dormammu, Magneto, Wesker)

Four Wesker users. Notice anything about them? 3/4 are anchoring him. In fact, the only person I know who uses Wesker on point is Viscant. You aren't just arguing with randoms on some forum here, you're arguing with the collective knowledge of the entire MvC3 player base. To top it off, your source is "online play".

You can watch the matches here if you want to learn more:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/27/gvn-summer-jam-5-tournament-stream-team-sp00ky/
The link you provided is the matches for SSFIV AE. It can all vary depending on how the matches turned out and "who" Wesker was put up against. For me, I think you can agree that Wesker does not hold out very well against Trish. I also do not know what's wrong with using experience from online play as if skilled players do not go online and only play in local tournaments. Yes, lag can mess some matches up but if there's a solid connection, then matches can go smoothly.

In any case, I'll add you tomorrow so we can face off. Who's your main team?

Nyoro SF

So it's about the Wesker - Trish matchup?

Either way you want to talk about that, online play is not considered at all when it comes to strategizing. You must show evidence with offline (flawless) play in order to be taken seriously.

Dahbomb

SolarPowered said:
I decided I would give the tier list one more try using much more specific and concrete metrics.

Attributes: I will be measuring them on a scale of one to five from worst to best and I'll total up the points to see where everyone stands. I will most likely reorder them based on points to reflect tiers more accurately...

Mobility/Mix Ups/Damage Output/Moves Priority/Post throw game/Zoning tools/Execution Barrier/Assist options/Health

1-Very bad
2-bad
3-Decent
4-good
5-excellent

Albert Wesker:5/4/5/4/4/4/5/3/5- 39 points
Magneto:5/5/5/4/5/5/3/4/2- 38 points
Wolverine:5/5/5/5/5/1/5/3/4- 38 points
Dante:4/5/4/5/4/5/3/4/3- 37 points

Taskmaster:4/2/4/4/5/5/5/3/5- 37 points
Doctor Doom:4/4/4/3/4/4/4/4/5- 36 points
Phoenix:5/4/5/4/4/5/5/2/1- 35 points
Zero:4/5/4/5/4/4/3/4/2- 35 points
Amaterasu:4/4/4/4/5/4/3/4/2- 34 points
Akuma:3/3/4/4/5/4/4/5/2- 34 points
Dormammu:3/3/4/4/4/4/3/3/5- 33 points
Crimson Viper:4/5/4/4/4/3/3/3/3- 33 points
Super-Skrull:3/3/4/4/4/3/4/4/4- 33 points
Trish:4/3/3/4/4/5/4/3/3- 33 points
Tron Bonne:3/2/5/3/4/2/4/5/5- 33 points

Deadpool:3/3/3/3/4/4/4/4/4- 32 points
Hulk:2/2/5/4/3/3/5/3/5- 32 points
Sentinel:3/2/5/4/4/3/5/4/2- 32 points
Nathan Spencer:4/4/4/3/4/3/3/3/4- 32 points
Storm:4/3/3/3/4/4/3/4/4- 32 points
Ryu:3/3/4/3/4/4/4/3/4- 32 points
She-Hulk:3/4/4/3/4/2/3/3/5- 31 points
Morrigan Aensland:4/3/3/4/3/4/4/3/3- 31 points
M.O.D.O.K.:4/4/4/3/4/4/2/3/3- 31 points

Shuma-Gorath:3/4/3/2/4/3/3/4/4- 30 points
Iron Man:4/3/3/3/3/3/3/4/4- 30 points
Felicia:4/4/3/3/4/2/3/3/3- 29 points
Spider-Man:4/5/4/2/5/2/2/2/3- 29 points
Viewtiful Joe:3/4/3/4/3/4/3/2/3- 29 points
X-23:4/4/4/3/3/1/4/3/3- 29 points
Chris Redfield:2/2/4/3/3/4/3/3/5- 29 points

Thor:3/2/4/3/3/3/2/3/5- 28 points
Jill Valentine:4/4/3/3/3/2/3/3/3- 28 points
Mike Haggar:1/1/5/2/2/2/5/5/5- 28 points
Hsien-Ko:2/3/3/3/2/3/4/4/3- 27 points
Chun-Li:3/3/3/3/3/2/4/3/3- 27 points
Captain America:2/3/3/4/1/2/4/3/4- 26 points
Arthur:1/1/2/2/2/4/4/4/2- 22 points

This is what I came up with after some time. It could turn out differently after more time, but I got kind tired of it. The interesting things to note are the highlighted characters. Characters like Tron made it so high into A tier simply because of the number of points they earned on the less important traits like Stamina and Assist options. It almost feels like a clear example of characters that don't belong there. Haggar having his assist neutered will most likely relegate him to dead last in the game at this rate. The top three categories of importance are mobility, mix ups and damage output. You said they are the most important traits for a character and I agreed, but the interesting thing to take note of here is how much of an edge it gives to the top characters in the game. Almost all of the top tier characters score consistently high(four and above) on the first three categories and they all hold an extremely strong position in the metagame for MvC3. Other characters like Lei Lei held up a little better than previously thought because of how good they may be in the assist option category and in how friendly(simple) they are to learn on an execution level. Other characters who are clearly gdlike like Spidey suffer pretty hard because health issues, zoning issues or the level of execution they require to be used effectively.

NOTE: I quit trying to get further into the nitty gritty because my knowledge of character matchups and quirks is very very limited. I just thought it would be a fun thing to do and I do feel that it solidifies the importance of rushdown in this MvC. Try not to grill me because your favorite character got bad ratings or anything.
Good list, it's definitely very good and explains a lot of stuff in the game. I am going to post some small changes that I would personally make for particular characters.

Wesker:

Mobility: Not a 5 for sure. Wesker isn't the most mobile character in the game and just because he has a teleport doesn't make him that mobile. He can't instantly travel to certain locations because of the distance restriction on his teleport. He doesn't have an air dash either and his teleports are risky if you use them for mobility. I would rate him a 4 here because at least he has a good wave dash and his teleports allows him to get in well enough at certain ranges.

Health: Should be a 4, he isn't the most health in the game just above average. So if average = 3 then he should be a 4. It's as simple as that.

Post Throw/OS game: Should be a 5 as it's one of the best there is in the game. Wesker's high level game revolves around his air throw and it's something that puts some of the best players in cold sweats.

Zoning game: Should be one point lower (I think you have it at 4). It's only good against characters who are bad at getting in or characters with huge hit box. Against characters like Wolverine/X23/Ammy/Zero with small hit boxes on dashes, Wesker's guns are almost useless which means the zoning option is gone for him.

Wolverine:

Assist option should be a 1 or a 2 at best. He has some of the worst assists in the game with very limited usage overall.

Dante: Dante's Damage Output is a 5 for sure. There is no argument here, he is one of the highest damaging characters in the game rivaling or surpassing that of Magneto. His easy combos do more damage than most characters hard combos.

Dante's assist options should be a 5 as very few characters have 3 usable assists. One of his assists is top 5 in the game the Jam Session and no other assist gives you the same coverage, the same utility or the same set ups (which there are a ton of). Weasel Shot is also excellent for particular teams that need a horizontal assist as it doesn't scale that bad and allows easy cross ups and OTG set ups. Hell, I would say that Jam Session alone makes him a 5.

Taskmaster: Mobility should at least be 1 point lower or even 2. Very slow swing and aside from a good wave dash he has no way to cover space in the air. He is general not that mobile of a character and deserves below average rating in it.

Health rating should be 4 not 5. It's above average but not highest category rating. Same as Wesker's.

Doom: Damage output should be a 5. No debate here, dude does 1 million damage on regular combos and even more near corners.

Execution barrier should be a point or two lower, he is very awkward to get around and his mobility options are also very weird to play with. Definitely unorthodox and has some execution requirements, not a 4 at all.

Health a point lower for the same reason as Wesker/Taskmaster.

Phoenix: Mix ups are a 5 for sure. She has a lot of 50/50 mix ups that are still considered unblockable. She has new discovered tech that makes her really hard to block. With an assist this is also really difficult with her teleports. In Dark Phoenix mode of course she is one of the most difficult characters to defend against with traps into teleport.

Health rating should be a 2 and here's how I explain it. No other character has access to a combo breaker and Phoenix + Dark Phoenix puts her health at around 880K (440 X 2). People just see Phoenix regular and say she is lowest health character but when she has 5 meters she is extremely tough to kill. Not only that but with Healing field it doubles her health effectively. Phoenix's health is very deceiving in reality when you actually play matches.

Zero: Damage output is a 5 for sure with the new discovered Lightning Loop that puts his damage at around 1.2 million. Even without it he has very high damaging and long combos that equate to characters dead.

Assist option and health should both be a point lower. Zero is lowest health category at 800K and has no ways to inflate it like Phoenix. He has generally ass assists that are only slightly made better by Sogenmu.

These are just the first few characters I checked. Health rating should be the easiest, it's just cold hard fact. 800K health is a 1, 800K-900K a 2, 900K-1000K a 3, 1000k-1100 a 4 and anything above that should be a 5. Phoenix and Arthur are sort of exceptions because they can inflate their health.

I will probably come around and check the other characters too.

Edit:

Spider Man: Damage, Mix up and Mobility are all a 5. Spider Man hits harder than some of the highest tier characters in the game and is also more mobile. Maybe his mix ups are a 4 though because he doesn't have that good of a left/right game which I feel is more important.

Also a question... does damage output take into consideration X factor bonuses? Because with X Factor Wesker deserves a 5 but without it he deserves 4. His combos tap out at around 500K meterless which is good but not godlike.

Edit 2:

Iron Man: Iron Man:4/3/3/3/3/3/3/4/4- 30 points

Iron Man deserves a 4 in damage output. Once he hits you and if the other player knows their combos, with only 1 assist Iron Man can take out Magneto a 850K health character. Even without assists Iron Man outputs around 700K+ damage which is nothing to sneeze at.

His mix ups also deserve a 4. While not as great as the top tiers like Magneto/Wesker/Wolverine, he still has some very hard to read double overheads, high/low mix ups, cross under, throw resets, smart bomb/repulsor resets and fly resets. I would consider it above average in this game and hence a 4.

Execution barrier should be a point lower at 2. He is one of the harder characters to play with in this game and his advance combos are difficult. He is very timing/link based and you have to be much more careful with his stuff than other characters like spacing in combos and height/air restrictions.

Iron Man's zoning and move priorities should both be bumped up to 4. Iron Man's normals have huge range, like almost Sentinel like range that out space most characters in the game. His zoning is also above average as he has a very solid anti-air and a durable projectile. Couple with an 8 way air dash and some very long ranged normals, he can space out some of the best characters in the game if used by a solid enough player.

I know I am biased as an Iron Man player a bit but I am mostly giving facts here while comparing with the fact sheets of other characters. Iron Man has a lot of stuff that puts him at around the 4 range for most of his categories but he really has nothing that is 5 worthy.

Neki

wait, is having a higher execution barrier good or bad? so confused. either way, I'd put C.Viper, Modok and Spiderman has some of the highest execution barrier characters. I don't know if Spiderman is high execution, but his ability to get in is terrible though.

Dahbomb

Ultimoo said:
wait, is having a higher execution barrier good or bad? so confused. either way, I'd put C.Viper, Modok and Spiderman has some of the highest execution barrier characters. I don't know if Spiderman is high execution, but his ability to get in is terrible though.
It's bad of course.

C Viper deserves a 1 in execution barrier and Wolverine a 5 as respectively the hardest and easiest characters to play with in the game. If Viper was an easier to play she should be a top tier character and if Wolverine was any harder to play he would be at least a tier lower.

Spider Man has no trouble getting in, he has at least 3 moves to get in with and most of them are plus on block allowing him to keep applying pressure and perform mix ups. His problem is that the top tiers have higher priority moves than his meaning his stuff gets snuffed out easily. If Spidey had one abusable normal/button with high priority he would be so much more effective.

The link you provided is the matches for SSFIV AE.
It's the whole tournament (or maybe just Sunday's portion).

For me, I think you can agree that Wesker does not hold out very well against Trish.
I have said this blatantly.

I also do not know what's wrong with using experience from online play as if skilled players do not go online and only play in local tournaments.
Everything is wrong with it; online is simply not the same experience. It's likely part of why you think Sentinel is good.

In any case, I'll add you tomorrow so we can face off. Who's your main team?
I switch teams on a roughly bi-weekly basis. Dormammu is my only consistent character.

C Viper deserves a 1 in execution barrier and Wolverine a 5.
Eh, Wolverine is a 4 in execution; comboing off of his throws and doing j.L instant overhead to Drill Claw takes some practice. Hulk would be a 5.

I don't know if Spiderman is high execution, but his ability to get in is terrible though.
Wat? Web Zip -> you're in. Spider-man annoys the crap out of me, usually more than Wolverine (but only because all the scrubs are using him).

Dahbomb

Yeah I didn't see C Viper on the list before, she should be a 1 by that list's criteria since both Wolverine/Wesker are a 5.

I can tell that Solarpowered basically just dozed off somewhere in the middle or with characters he doesn't play with. :D Also Solarpowered is shy about giving out 1s in execution barrier.

Yo Karsts the stuff you posted about Wolverine isn't that difficult at all because I do it all the time. If that's your criteria of a 4 then Hulk should be a 4 too because his jump loop combos in the corner are a bit difficult than usual and some of his resets have very tricky timing as well as some of his assist based air throw combos. Every character is going to have some hard stuff for them this is just a general outlook sort of thing and the general outlook on Wolverine is that he is top 5 easiest character to play AND win with in the game.

Neki

chicken blocking seems like it would be highly effective against spiderman though, and spiderman needs an OTG to combo off of air throws, that's why I don't think he gets in well.

Yo Karsts the stuff you posted about Wolverine isn't that difficult at all because I do it all the time. If that's your criteria of a 4 then Hulk should be a 4 too because his jump loop combos in the corner are a bit difficult than usual and some of his resets have very tricky timing as well as some of his assist based air throw combos. Every character is going to have some hard stuff for them this is just a general outlook sort of thing and the general outlook on Wolverine is that he is top 5 easiest character to play AND win with in the game.
I know it's not difficult, but I feel that some differentiation should exist between Wolverine and Hulk. I really don't feel as though Hulk is more execution-heavy than Wolverine, just because playing Wolverine well means maintaining pressure, which does take some execution. Just my two cents.

chicken blocking seems like it would be highly effective against spiderman though, and spiderman needs an OTG to combo off of air throws, that's why I don't think he gets in well.
Oh, by "get in" I thought you meant being in your opponent's face while having frame advantage. That's what I usually mean by "get in".

GGs Sayah.

Notice how many of our matches I lost (or almost did) just because Morrigan can't combo off of an air throw; it's that important. Perhaps you will reconsider your position?

Sayah

Karsticles said:
GGs Sayah.

Notice how many of our matches I lost (or almost did) just because Morrigan can't combo off of an air throw; it's that important. Perhaps you will reconsider your position?
GGs. I couldn't message back thanks to my lack of access to XMB menu while in a game. My new controller should be arriving shortly though so that shouldn't be a problem in the future.

As far as Sentinel, I think you can see why I said he needs nerfing. His attack range is ridiculous and he can camp as long as he wants to. She-Hulk barely has any chance of getting a hit against him or maybe I just wasn't using her that effectively. I'll also need to face you a few more times before I can reconsider anything.

SmokeMaxX

Sayah said:
GGs. I couldn't message back thanks to my lack of access to XMB menu while in a game. My new controller should be arriving shortly though so that shouldn't be a problem in the future.

As far as Sentinel, I think you can see why I said he needs nerfing. His attack range is ridiculous and he can camp as long as he wants to. She-Hulk barely has any chance of getting a hit against him or maybe I just wasn't using her that effectively. I'll also need to face you a few more times before I can reconsider anything.
Sentinel doesn't need nerfing... he sucks already. Well, not "sucks" but is mid tier at best (excluding his assist which bumps him up to around low high tier or so).

I wasn't going to say anything, but the only reason you won 4 matches out of our 26 games is because of Gustaff Fire. I think you should do less complaining and a lot more learning. Not even once did you try for an instant overhead on Sentinel; I just sat there and blocked your slides all day. You also never went for air throws, even though I spent a good portion of my time in the air with Sentinel.

There's absolutely no excuse for She-Hulk backed by Gustaff Fire to not dominate Sentinel every single match, especially when he's not even being backed by an assist. That assist is getting its invincibility removed in UMvC3, so I would drop her now if I were you and try to learn the game beyond turtling behind an invincible assist hoping for a lucky hit and then sliding with She-Hulk.

I'm not trying to be mean here; you can realize that you're crutching via Gustaff Fire now and improve yourself, or wait for the nasty surprise you have coming in UMvC3. Your She-Hulk and Trish are both very basic outside of knowing a good combo with both of them.

Regardless, whether you agree with me or not, Sentinel is getting buffed on point in UMvC3, She-Hulk's slide is getting nerfed, and so is Gustaff Fire. So if you think Sentinel is bad now, you're going to be a whole lot more frustrated in a few months.

So this was my first time at an MvC3 tourney (small though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nDbh...el_video_title

LOOK AT ME SUCK AT MARVEL (I'm P2)*cough*

Uh, yeah, plenty of dropped stuffed and mistakes that I inmediately noticed and regretted. It wasn't recorded, but what sent me to losers in the first place was a Hulk/Zero/Deadpool that caught me off guard a lot with Deadpool's low assist.

Any criticism from you guys?
I got really excited until I realized Cap/Ryu was just your button check team, haha.

Thoughts/criticism:
At 1:31, why not call Dark Hole or Cold Stars right before your command dash?

I think you should be more mobile with Dormammu; a lot of time was spent walking backward and not doing anything.

Also, check into some Zero level 3 buster combos - they can really tack on a lot more damage to your stuff. I was messing around with them earlier today.

Man, so little respect between you and your opponent! Attacks from incoming characters, wakeup attacks galore, and even an oki level 3 from your opponent. Haha.

Watching the third match, you definitely have some confidence issues with Dormammu, like you're constantly unsure of what to do or something. What's up?

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed watching them.

Karsticles said:
I wasn't going to say anything, but the only reason you won 4 matches out of our 26 games is because of Gustaff Fire. I think you should do less complaining and a lot more learning. Not even once did you try for an instant overhead on Sentinel; I just sat there and blocked your slides all day. You also never went for air throws, even though I spent a good portion of my time in the air with Sentinel.

There's absolutely no excuse for She-Hulk backed by Gustaff Fire to not dominate Sentinel every single match, especially when he's not even being backed by an assist. That assist is getting its invincibility removed in UMvC3, so I would drop her now if I were you and try to learn the game beyond turtling behind an invincible assist hoping for a lucky hit and then sliding with She-Hulk.

I'm not trying to be mean here; you can realize that you're crutching via Gustaff Fire now and improve yourself, or wait for the nasty surprise you have coming in UMvC3. Your She-Hulk and Trish are both very basic outside of knowing a good combo with both of them.

Regardless, whether you agree with me or not, Sentinel is getting buffed on point in UMvC3, She-Hulk's slide is getting nerfed, and so is Gustaff Fire. So if you think Sentinel is bad now, you're going to be a whole lot more frustrated in a few months.
damn

Sayah

Karsticles said:

I would like to face you again. I really don't think I was able to use my characters very effectively today. Anyone else want to play right now?

Karsticles said:
I wasn't going to say anything, but the only reason you won 4 matches out of our 26 games is because of Gustaff Fire.
sk0fr.gif

Neki

You can play me right now if you like, PSN is Ultimoo. Our connection might be bad because I'm in Canada though.

Kubisa

Neo Member
I'll play, my PSN is MatthewKubisa.

Although I'm playing from England and my internet is prone to cutting out, so I'm not sure how long I can go for.

Sayah

I'll add you both shortly. Just know that I can't access the XMB menu and won't be able to send you messages while in-game.

Kubisa

Neo Member
Cool cool, you should play Ultimoo anyway, I'm in no rush and have other things I really should be doing :I

I'm gonna see what I can do about this shitty ass internet. I'll have a brand new service installed by the end of the week for sure.
Tobe1 said:
marvel salt is the best salt :lol btw im up on xbl for some matches.
I rushed to grab my controller and then I remembered...
Ultimoo said:
You can play me right now if you like, PSN is Ultimoo. Our connection might be bad because I'm in Canada though.
Don't be too hard on him, okay?

;_;

I would like to face you again. I really don't think I was able to use my characters very effectively today. Anyone else want to play right now?
I hope you'll take my advice - it's given in the spirit of wanting everyone to improve their game. Most importantly, stop dogging on Sentinel.

<3 your connection. Sayah had a good connection too, not sure where he/she is from.

Battle of the Gustaff Fire assists! I wish I had Spectator Mode so I could watch while eating.

I'm gonna see what I can do about this shitty ass internet. I'll have a brand new service installed by the end of the week for sure.
What service do you use? I've never had a bad experience with Comcast, personally.

Edit: Man, someone asks for a match and people are all over the place - why is PSN GAF dead?!

Karsticles said:
I got really excited until I realized Cap/Ryu was just your button check team, haha.

Thoughts/criticism:
At 1:31, why not call Dark Hole or Cold Stars right before your command dash?

I think you should be more mobile with Dormammu; a lot of time was spent walking backward and not doing anything.

Also, check into some Zero level 3 buster combos - they can really tack on a lot more damage to your stuff. I was messing around with them earlier today.

Man, so little respect between you and your opponent! Attacks from incoming characters, wakeup attacks galore, and even an oki level 3 from your opponent. Haha.

Watching the third match, you definitely have some confidence issues with Dormammu, like you're constantly unsure of what to do or something. What's up?

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed watching them.

Your first and third comments can be answered by me saying "I choked" >.> Seriously, whenever I play online there's a lot more Cold Star and lv3 buster in combos.

As for your last question, I spent from release until last month or whenever it was that I asked you guys for advice maining Hsien-ko instead of Dorm, so I don't have as much practice or experience with him as I'd like too. The mobility thing is weird though, considering I spent so much time practicing tri-dashes XD

Tobe

now why would a connection be goodish first half of the match and then slow down ugh. umvc3 better fix this shit how am i supposed to get practice against ammy and hsienko :(

edit: lagless solar with ammy and gold hsienko is some scary shit

I'm fucking pissed off again now.

What you saw just now, Tobe, is a taste of what would happen if I had a clean connection until Phoenix and her magical lag destroyed me.

Tobe

SolarPowered said:
I'm fucking pissed off again now.

What you saw just now, Tobe, is a taste of what would happen if I had a clean connection until Phoenix and her magical lag destroyed me.
dont worry well get a chance soon, im traveling to visit my brothers this february to VA hope there is someone from marvel gaf close by. but at least we wont have any lag issues there.

Karsticles said:

hmmm...

Tobe1 said:
dont worry well get a chance soon, im traveling to visit my brothers this february to VA hope there is someone from marvel gaf close by. but at least we wont have any lag issues there.
The scary part is that I've JUST started to incorporate the slow hyper into some of my combos. Marlinpie and X-Ray both have the best Amateratsu in the world and slow is an extremely important part of their gameplan.

I'm having a hard time making it work properly with Lei Lei on my team, but things are becoming clearer and clearer. The new ISP in my house will make for much better games with some luck.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Karsticles said:
GGs Sayah.

You know her airdash goes full-screen if you hold it in, right? It's not lightspeed, but it helps. Mix-up after a throw.

SolarKnight said:
So this was my first time at an MvC3 tourney (small though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nDbhEdxr6w&feature=channel_video_title

LOOK AT ME SUCK AT MARVEL (I'm P2)*cough*

Uh, yeah, plenty of dropped stuffed and mistakes that I inmediately noticed and regretted. It wasn't recorded, but what sent me to losers in the first place was a Hulk/Zero/Deadpool that caught me off guard a lot with Deadpool's low assist.

Any criticism from you guys?
I'll have to watch the video later, but thumbs up for getting out there and playing.

Tournament jitters pass with time.

Dahbomb

Perhaps you will reconsider your position?
Reconsider position on what? That air throws are super important in this game or that Morrigan needs to be able to combo off of her throw to be some what viable.

Both are hardly even debatable points.

You know her airdash goes full-screen if you hold it in, right? It's not lightspeed, but it helps. Mix-up after a throw.
You make it sound like her mix-up post-throw is so strong. Anyway, I've been messing with it come; I was doing trijump into j.S afterward, but I've started jumping and then dashing with my opponent and using j.H; it works reasonably well, but that's still garbage compared to getting a full combo from your air throw.

Reconsider position on what? That air throws are super important in this game or that Morrigan needs to be able to combo off of her throw to be some what viable.

The importance of air throws on anchors; Morrigan was just my example, because he and I both had anchors without comboable air throws (lolz).

Sayah

Dahbomb said:

Since when did I say that air throws weren't important? lrn2read. The argument was about whether or not Trish was good as anchor which she can be if her mixups are implemented strategically.

"And" you need to have a little more respect toward members on this forum. He read you just fine, you just chose to read his statement out of context.

Top Bottom