• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

I don't think Trish is a good anchor at all. Any character that you can chicken block for the entire duration of X-Factor and not have to worry about taking significant damage from is not a good anchor. She's best on point, and she's not used because there's no reason to use Trish on point when there are monsters like Wolverine out there.

Karsticles said:
I don't think Trish is a good anchor at all. Any character that you can chicken block for the entire duration of X-Factor and not have to worry about taking significant damage from is not a good anchor. She's best on point, and she's not used because there's no reason to use Trish on point when there are monsters like Wolverine out there.
Trish's uniqueness as an anchor is that she can negate pushblock better than anybody on her own, and her moveset means she can control the pace towards the end of the match. She has one of the best instant overheads in the game, and it combos into her divekick in x-factor, so blocking all day might not be as easy as you think...

Sayah

Tried that rubbing alcohol. It did fix the d-pad but now the PS button is not working. I can't access the XMB at all while playing a game and neither can I use it to quit a game. Tried resetting the controller but that really only helps to "turn" the conroller on and use it but PS button still won't work. Think I might have put too much alcohol in there. >_>
In any case, I just ordered a new Dualshock. My old one should still work fine as a second controller for local play with a now re-fixed pad. I'll just have to reset it everytime I need to use it.

Trish's uniqueness as an anchor is that she can negate pushblock better than anybody on her own, and her moveset means she can control the pace towards the end of the match. She has one of the best instant overheads in the game, and it combos into her divekick in x-factor, so blocking all day might not be as easy as you think...
All of this means nothing when she can be chicken blocked all day.

I'm not saying she's one of the worst anchors, just that she's not a good one. Somewhere in the middle because she does have nice mobility and mix-ups.

Sayah

Karsticles said:
All of this means nothing when she can be chicken blocked all day.

I'm not saying she's one of the worst anchors, just that she's not a good one. Somewhere in the middle because she does have nice mobility and mix-ups.
X-factor.........backwards hyper.......chip damage....It works very well when the match is about to end and both players are on the last character. Do you have the game on PS3? Not to brag but maybe you should face my Trish since I'm relatively good with her.

Sayah

SolarPowered said:
I want to play a few games. Is anyone up for a few games?
I can play on PSN. Just won't be able to send messages since I can't access the XMB while playing a game.

Tobe

i hate how inconsistent the netcode is. sometimes i get decent to good matches with solar and today we were getting shitty end of the code :/

Sayah said:
I can play on PSN. Just won't be able to send messages since I can't access the XMB while playing a game.
Might have to try my luck with you next time.
Tobe1 said:
i hate how inconsistent the netcode is. sometimes i get decent to good matches with solar and today we were getting shitty end of the code :/
I felt like punching something.

It is extremely aggravating to deal with lag and super armor. The last couple of times we fought led to nearly ten hours worth of training time and anger because I thought there was something wrong with my execution.

I pull the combos off very well against Smurf so now I'm sure my execution is not to blame...

Tobe

SolarPowered said:
Might have to try my luck with you next time.

I felt like punching something.

It is extremely aggravating to deal with lag and super armor. The last couple of times we fought led to nearly ten hours worth of training time and anger because I thought there was something wrong with my execution.

I pull the combos off very well against Smurf so now I'm sure my execution is not to blame...
that is what pisses me off, i get kinda goodish connection with smurf and with you is pretty much a hit or miss.

Sayah said:
X-factor.........backwards hyper.......chip damage....It works very well when the match is about to end and both players are on the last character. Do you have the game on PS3? Not to brag but maybe you should face my Trish since I'm relatively good with her.

My definition of a good anchor is a character that is able to comeback in a 1 on 3 situation. Being good with X-factor should be a given and chip damage should never come into play unless it's on an incoming character like Dorm.

I don't even know what you mean by "backwards hyper" - do you mean Round Harvest? It's among the lower damage hypers in the game, it deals poor chip damage. My regular sparring partner anchors Trish.

PSN is the same as my username on GAF. Even if you were to beat me though, that's not an argument; a good anchor NEEDS to be able to combo off of an air throw.

I want to play a few games. Is anyone up for a few games?
I'll play! I'll turn on my PS3 just in case so I don't miss you.

Sayah

Karsticles said:
I don't even know what you mean by "backwards hyper" - do you mean Round Harvest? It's among the lower damage hypers in the game, it deals poor chip damage. My regular sparring partner anchors Trish.

PSN is the same as my username on GAF. Even if you were to beat me though, that's not an argument; a good anchor NEEDS to be able to combo off of an air throw.

I'll play! I'll turn on my PS3 just in case so I don't miss you.
I meant this hyper. It can be useful in x-factor when you have a little bit of time left and want to ensure that you have more health left at the end. If your meter is filled up, then all you have to do is consecutively use it. And I'll add you when I get on next time.

I meant this hyper. It can be useful in x-factor when you have a little bit of time left and want to ensure that you have more health left at the end. If your meter is filled up, then all you have to do is consecutively use it. And I'll add you when I get on next time.
If a good chipping hyper to ensure a life lead is what made for a good anchor, Ryu would be everywhere.

@SolarPowered: GGs. I really like how you use the armored Senpu Bu to cross-up with Morrigan after she goes into the air. Got me every time, lol. Your internet seems a bit unstable though, I dropped a lot of combos because of jitters.

This game is fucking useless and American internet sucks on a level I never thought possible. I don't even see the point in buying ultimate unless I start going to local stuff.

I am doing something about this shitty fucking internet by the end of the week if it means I have to get a dedicated internet line for myself. I've had it with these godforsaken government sponsored monopolies...
Karsticles said:
@SolarPowered: GGs. I really like how you use the armored Senpu Bu to cross-up with Morrigan after she goes into the air. Got me every time, lol. Your internet seems a bit unstable though, I dropped a lot of combos because of jitters.
Holy shit that was some lame stuff. I've never EVER dealt with that before. I might've done better if it weren't for this stupid fucking lag though.

gg

SolarPowered said:
This game is fucking useless and American internet sucks on a level I never thought possible. I don't even see the point in buying ultimate unless I start going to local stuff.

Move to Stamford.
KuGsj.gif

Sayah

Karsticles said:
If a good chipping hyper to ensure a life lead is what made for a good anchor, Ryu would be everywhere.

That's not all, though. She can be very good with rush downs and air play. I usually always save her for the very end of the match and I've sometimes even found myself destroying all three opponent characters with her in x-factor. She's pretty good for a last resort and quite reliable (for me at least).

Holy shit that was some lame stuff. I've never EVER dealt with that before. I might've done better if it weren't for this stupid fucking lag though.

gg
Haha, yeah it is really lame, but most characters can't do anything about it. After our first few matches I realized that Amaterasu is your only character that has a chance of getting through to Dormammu, so I started blowing X-Factor on her as soon as I got a hit in. I'm looking forward to UMvC3 so I can replace Sentinel with Firebrand. The two main weaknesses of the team are:
1) Sentinel has a lot of bad matchups on point (like 90% of the cast).
2) Sentinel and Dormammu share all of the same bad matchups (Captain America is hard as hell for me to handle).

Plus, like Morrigan, Firebrand has the utility hyper to DHC into if my Stalking Flare proves unsafe, and then he/she gets to come on screen with a big fireball on the screen to protect him/her.

That's not all, though. She can be very good with rush downs and air play. I usually always save her for the very end of the match and I've sometimes even found myself destroying all three opponent characters with her in x-factor. She's pretty good for a last resort and quite reliable (for me at least).
A character being good or bad is beyond anecdotal experiences.

LOL FIOS ain't available in the dead center of Manhattan and a 15d/5u connection is $50. The "enhanced" high speed is also pretty shit and costs $40 haha. WHAT THE FUCK!?

LOL
Tiger uppercut said:
Move to Stamford.
KuGsj.gif
Where the FUCK IS STAMFORD?

Packing my bags as we type.
Karsticles said:
Haha, yeah it is really lame, but most characters can't do anything about it. After our first few matches I realized that Amaterasu is your only character that has a chance of getting through to Dormammu, so I started blowing X-Factor on her as soon as I got a hit in. I'm looking forward to UMvC3 so I can replace Sentinel with Firebrand. The two main weaknesses of the team are:
2) Sentinel and Dormammu share all of the same bad matchups (Captain America is hard as hell for me to handle).

Plus, like Morrigan, Firebrand has the utility hyper to DHC into if my Stalking Flare proves unsafe, and then he/she gets to come on screen with a big fireball on the screen to protect him/her.
The lag was not terrible, but it came and went in small bursts that made things awkward. My matches with Tobe are even worse because I can't connect a single combo against hulk for the entire match.

I'm sure I'll handle myself better next time, but I'm just shopping around right now.

LOL FIOS ain't available in the dead center of Manhattan and a 15d/5u connection is $50.
I'm paying $30/mo at 20D (not sure U) because I'm a "new" customer - yay. Otherwise I think it'd be the same.

I don't think your connection is bad in general though, just...jittery. What company do you go through? I assume you're wired.

The lag was not terrible, but it came and went in small bursts that made things awkward. My matches with Tobe are even worse because I can't connect a single combo against hulk for the entire match.
Oh yeah, that was definitely my experience. I think I missed like 5 Rocket Punch OTGs during our matches, haha.

I liked how you danced around Sentinel's head with Hsien-ko. I kept mis-guessing your position. Your speed with Amaterasu is great too.

I'm sure I'll handle myself better next time, but I'm just shopping around right now.
I'm on day 4 with the team concept, so expect an improvement on my end as well. ;-)

Sayah

Karsticles said:

A character being good or bad is beyond anecdotal experiences.
Tell me what makes her bad then? Being able to combo from air grabs isn't the only essential thing needed for an anchor. Wesker can combo from air grabs and he honestly wouldn't really stand a chance against Trish. Trish's superior air play makes Wesker inferior to her. No amount of teleporting can save him. A similar scenario can also be applied for Akuma (who can also use his hyper after an air grab).

Tell me what makes her bad then? Being able to combo from air grabs isn't the only essential thing needed for an anchor. Wesker can combo from air grabs and he honestly wouldn't really stand a chance against Trish. Trish's superior air play makes Wesker inferior to her. No amount of teleporting can save him. A similar scenario can also be applied for Akuma (who can also use his hyper after an air grab).
I didn't say she's bad, I said she's somewhere in the middle:

Air throws combos are extremely important for an anchor. This is not theory fighter, this is a fact. It's probably why Trish's High Voltage is being given the ability to OTG in UMvC3.

Karsticles said:
Air throws combos are extremely important for an anchor. This is not theory fighter, this is a fact. It's probably why Trish's High Voltage is being given the ability to OTG in UMvC3.
This is pretty much it right there. Having air superiority and lockdown does not mean much without the damage and potential to combo off of anything like Wesker, Akuma or even Taskmaster.

She is not known for opening people up on her own and this is absolutely vital for anchors because they usually end up fighting against two or three characters. Trish is all about playing a game of attrition with their opponents and whittling them down from three characters to one is not a good gameplan when XF3 only lasts thirty seconds. You need to blow their characters out of the water with great mixups, relentless speed and brutal damage.

It doesn't help that she has no OTG hyper, long range hyper with good speed or status changing hyper to improve her odds.

Sayah

Karsticles said:
I didn't say she's bad, I said she's somewhere in the middle:

Trish is pretty good against characters that can do air throw combos such as Wesker, Akuma, Magneto. She's pretty matched against Dante and Sentinel. The only person who I can forsee giving her problems with air throw combos is Taskmaster. While she lacks the ability to start combos from her air grab, she more than makes up for it with her superior air play. And quite to the contrary, she has great mixups. Her air dive kick, for example, can be cancelled into a variety of her trap setups.

Sayah

SolarPowered said:
This is pretty much it right there. Having air superiority and lockdown does not mean much without the damage and potential to combo off of anything like Wesker, Akuma or even Taskmaster.

She is not known for opening people up on her own and this is absolutely vital for anchors because they usually end up fighting against two or three characters. Trish is all about playing a game of attrition with their opponents and whittling them down from three characters to one is not a good gameplan when XF3 only lasts thirty seconds. You need to blow their characters out of the water with great mixups, relentless speed and brutal damage.

It doesn't help that she has no OTG hyper, long range hyper with good speed or status changing hyper to improve her odds.
I would disagree. She pretty much destroys Wesker and Akuma as she holds tactics and strategies that are superior to both of their playstyles. Maybe you haven't played with her in x-factor but her speed and damage output increases rather significantly.

Trish is pretty good against characters that can do air throw combos such as Wesker, Akuma, Magneto. She's pretty matched against Dante and Sentinel. The only person who I can forsee giving her problems with air throw combos is Taskmaster. While she lacks the ability to start combos from her air grab, she more than makes up for it with her superior air play. And quite to the contrary, she has great mixups. Her air dive kick, for example, can be cancelled into a variety of her trap setups.
Trish is pretty good against those characters if you have a life lead and you want to turtle. That's not the job of an anchor. The job of an anchor is making a comeback, which means having a good chance of killing 2-3 characters alone plus level 3 X-Factor if you made a mistake. Even if Trish has good matchups against some of the top tiers (and she does), that's not the same as being able to open people up solo. All of her air play is about time and patience while whittling down your opponent; i.e. qualities that are best suited for a point character.

I don't know why you said "quite to the contrary, she has great mixups"; I specifically stated that she has nice mixups, and I even quoted what I said to you for a second time. And FYI, canceling a dive kick into Peekaboo or Hopscotch isn't really a "mixup".

Looking at your last response to Solar, I'm confident in saying this conversation is over. Between your untenable perspective, continual misreadings, and claim that Sentinel needs nerfs in UMvC3, I don't think there's much point to trying to discuss this further.

Sayah

Karsticles said:
Trish is pretty good against those characters if you have a life lead and you want to turtle. That's not the job of an anchor. The job of an anchor is making a comeback, which means having a good chance of killing 2-3 characters alone plus level 3 X-Factor if you made a mistake. Even if Trish has good matchups against some of the top tiers (and she does), that's not the same as being able to open people up solo. All of her air play is about time and patience while whittling down your opponent; i.e. qualities that are best suited for a point character.

I don't know why you said "quite to the contrary, she has great mixups"; I specifically stated that she has nice mixups, and I even quoted what I said to you for a second time. And FYI, canceling a dive kick into Peekaboo or Hopscotch isn't really a "mixup".
I only use her solo and don't rely on assists with her at all. All her airplay is definitely not only about time and patience. She can be advantageously used both conservatively and aggressively. Her rush downs are really something to see and x-factor only adds to her agility and damage output. Her cornering is also really great. While you don't want anecdotal experiences, I can say with confidence she's been a lifesaver for many of my online matches against others and I've been able to take out 2-3 characters with her.

And mixups as far as I know make attacks more difficult to predict. Cancelling divekick into trap setting can be part of a mixup strategy.

Sayah

Karsticles said:

Looking at your last response to Solar, I'm confident in saying this conversation is over. Between your untenable perspective, continual misreadings, and claim that Sentinel needs nerfs in UMvC3, I don't think there's much point to trying to discuss this further.
Continual misreadings? The only thing that I misread was your response regarding mixups. And Sentinel nerfing has nothing at all to do with Trish being an anchor character.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I don't think being able to combo off of air throws is vital for an anchor if the character is still fast enough to force a mix-up before they fully recover from the throw.

SolarPowered said:
LOL FIOS ain't available in the dead center of Manhattan and a 15d/5u connection is $50. The "enhanced" high speed is also pretty shit and costs $40 haha. WHAT THE FUCK!?

LOL

If you really want to feel sad read THIS.

1gig/s! Can you imagine? Soooo much por... errr I mean steady online connections. Never drop a combo due to connection ever again.

Dahbomb said:
Everyone is going to have their own tier list. There is almost never any foundation for making tier lists (do we make 5 categories, 4 or even 6?) and because of that it varies from game to game. Some may have a top 3, top 5 or even a top 1 character. There is a whole thread dedicated to this on MVC3 forums at SRK and it's about to hit 300 pages worth of discussion. I posted a tier list back and it's generally what is considered to be the consensus.

In my experience with MVC3 tier list, it's pretty solid for the first 20 characters and after that it's real shaky. Then you have to take the word of people who play with lower tiered characters regularly to have a solid comparison. Others you just place a bit higher because they clearly have the tools but no one has used them properly (like Jill). The bottom 5 or so is also fairly established it's the 20-30 range that is highly debated on these days.

There are also 2 types of tier lists: Result oriented and theory fighter oriented. Needless to say C Viper ranks in top 3 for theory fighter tier list but barely in top 15 in result oriented tier list. And by result oriented I mean percentage of people playing certain characters compared to those same people winning with those characters. Result oriented also takes into consideration execution barrier and in that category Wolverine is #2. In MVC3 I have seen that mobility, damage output on easy combos and mix ups (left/right way more important than high/low) are the most essential factors with Throw OS and move priorities coming in next.
I decided I would give the tier list one more try using much more specific and concrete metrics.

Attributes: I will be measuring them on a scale of one to five from worst to best and I'll total up the points to see where everyone stands. I will most likely reorder them based on points to reflect tiers more accurately...

Mobility/Mix Ups/Damage Output/Moves Priority/Post throw game/Zoning tools/Execution Barrier/Assist options/Health

1-Very bad
2-bad
3-Decent
4-good
5-excellent

Albert Wesker:5/4/5/4/4/4/5/3/5- 39 points
Magneto:5/5/5/4/5/5/3/4/2- 38 points
Wolverine:5/5/5/5/5/1/5/3/4- 38 points
Dante:4/5/4/5/4/5/3/4/3- 37 points

Taskmaster:4/2/4/4/5/5/5/3/5- 37 points
Doctor Doom:4/4/4/3/4/4/4/4/5- 36 points
Phoenix:5/4/5/4/4/5/5/2/1- 35 points
Zero:4/5/4/5/4/4/3/4/2- 35 points
Amaterasu:4/4/4/4/5/4/3/4/2- 34 points
Akuma:3/3/4/4/5/4/4/5/2- 34 points
Dormammu:3/3/4/4/4/4/3/3/5- 33 points
Crimson Viper:4/5/4/4/4/3/3/3/3- 33 points
Super-Skrull:3/3/4/4/4/3/4/4/4- 33 points
Trish:4/3/3/4/4/5/4/3/3- 33 points
Tron Bonne:3/2/5/3/4/2/4/5/5- 33 points

Deadpool:3/3/3/3/4/4/4/4/4- 32 points
Hulk:2/2/5/4/3/3/5/3/5- 32 points
Sentinel:3/2/5/4/4/3/5/4/2- 32 points
Nathan Spencer:4/4/4/3/4/3/3/3/4- 32 points
Storm:4/3/3/3/4/4/3/4/4- 32 points
Ryu:3/3/4/3/4/4/4/3/4- 32 points
She-Hulk:3/4/4/3/4/2/3/3/5- 31 points
Morrigan Aensland:4/3/3/4/3/4/4/3/3- 31 points
M.O.D.O.K.:4/4/4/3/4/4/2/3/3- 31 points

Shuma-Gorath:3/4/3/2/4/3/3/4/4- 30 points
Iron Man:4/3/3/3/3/3/3/4/4- 30 points
Felicia:4/4/3/3/4/2/3/3/3- 29 points
Spider-Man:4/5/4/2/5/2/2/2/3- 29 points
Viewtiful Joe:3/4/3/4/3/4/3/2/3- 29 points
X-23:4/4/4/3/3/1/4/3/3- 29 points
Chris Redfield:2/2/4/3/3/4/3/3/5- 29 points

Thor:3/2/4/3/3/3/2/3/5- 28 points
Jill Valentine:4/4/3/3/3/2/3/3/3- 28 points
Mike Haggar:1/1/5/2/2/2/5/5/5- 28 points
Hsien-Ko:2/3/3/3/2/3/4/4/3- 27 points
Chun-Li:3/3/3/3/3/2/4/3/3- 27 points
Captain America:2/3/3/4/1/2/4/3/4- 26 points
Arthur:1/1/2/2/2/4/4/4/2- 22 points

This is what I came up with after some time. It could turn out differently after more time, but I got kind tired of it. The interesting things to note are the highlighted characters. Characters like Tron made it so high into A tier simply because of the number of points they earned on the less important traits like Stamina and Assist options. It almost feels like a clear example of characters that don't belong there. Haggar having his assist neutered will most likely relegate him to dead last in the game at this rate. The top three categories of importance are mobility, mix ups and damage output. You said they are the most important traits for a character and I agreed, but the interesting thing to take note of here is how much of an edge it gives to the top characters in the game. Almost all of the top tier characters score consistently high(four and above) on the first three categories and they all hold an extremely strong position in the metagame for MvC3. Other characters like Lei Lei held up a little better than previously thought because of how good they may be in the assist option category and in how friendly(simple) they are to learn on an execution level. Other characters who are clearly gdlike like Spidey suffer pretty hard because health issues, zoning issues or the level of execution they require to be used effectively.

NOTE: I quit trying to get further into the nitty gritty because my knowledge of character matchups and quirks is very very limited. I just thought it would be a fun thing to do and I do feel that it solidifies the importance of rushdown in this MvC. Try not to grill me because your favorite character got bad ratings or anything.

Also, don't eat me alive for this list if you see it GB. You would have definitely done a better job if you were the one scoring everyone. :p
Sayah said:
Continual misreadings? The only thing that I misread was your response regarding mixups. And Sentinel nerfing has nothing at all to do with Trish being an anchor character.
I think he is trying to say that you are a bit out of your depth in a nice way.
TestMonkey said:
If you really want to feel sad read THIS.

1gig/s! Can you imagine? Soooo much por... errr I mean steady online connections. Never drop a combo due to connection ever again.
I could download my entire Steam library in a few hours with that kind of speed lol.

shaowebb

Karsticles said:

Boy did that turn out poorly for me when I first picked up the guy. Dude has no way to really handle good run away dudes like Taskmaster or Magneto in Vanilla. All you can do is superjump and play around in the air with tatsus or hadoken stalls into tatsus and hope for a random crossup. Middle character for life in Vanilla.

Also doesn't Wesker's shot kind of destroy anything Trish tries to attempt from anywhere given its speed beating out her long startups. One attempt at any keep away projectile from Trish and he could hit confirm his teleport couldn't he?

Random thought. Round harvest and tag out. Wesker goes into maximum Wesker on new guy before round harvest connects on him. What happens to Wesker during his Hyper?

I love round harvest and Dorm's salty balls so much for glitch craft attempts.

Also shoutouts to Solarpowered for that breakdown. Good stuff there. It really shows off something I feel about one character in particular and thats Ryu. I never intended to get good with him, but his tatsu crossup and air hyper out of any situation became addictive for me. I always felt he was really close to getting ridiculously good given all his invincibility, damage, and other tools but that he was being held up based on a few things that made him a second rate choice to other cast.
His assists were lousy so you could really only use him for bare bones combo extension or ground coverage (latter usually got him killled) or poor mans wall with the uppercut. If you needed a wall why choose anyone other than Dante, Tron, and Haggar though?

Also he doesn't build meter easily considering he needs to use it so much in his combos to maximize his damage, and he can't anchor due to how badly he mismatches against high mobility characters or versus anyone with a projectile (his blow). He scores high like you say and if he's on the field with any meter and any assists it is a scary thing to handle, but thats his only time to shine. He doesn't add a lot to a team except a nice set of DHC options and damage in Vanilla.

Now I bet he shoots right up the list considering his boost making him so ludicrous on his stuff and those new charge moves making him more viable across screen.

Is there anyone else that was right on the cusp of greatness we see shooting up the ranks now in UMVC3?

I made a mistake on Wolverine's health lol. I classified it as a 4 instead of a 3(4 and above is for characters with 1million+) health.

Oh well that bitch is good and done lol.

Sayah

shaowebb said:
Boy did that turn out poorly for me when I first picked up the guy. Dude has no way to really handle good run away dudes like Taskmaster or Magneto in Vanilla. All you can do is superjump and play around in the air with tatsus or hadoken stalls into tatsus and hope for a random crossup. Middle character for life in Vanilla.

Also doesn't Wesker's shot kind of destroy anything Trish tries to attempt from anywhere given its speed beating out her long startups. One attempt at any keep away projectile from Trish and he could hit confirm his teleport couldn't he?

Random thought. Round harvest and tag out. Wesker goes into maximum Wesker on new guy before round harvest connects on him. What happens to Wesker during his Hyper?

I love round harvest and Dorm's salty balls so much for glitch craft attempts.

Also shoutouts to Solarpowered for that breakdown. Good stuff there.
Trish can do a super jump, float in air, and can use high voltage from up top. Wesker's gun shots won't reach her up there even if Wesker does super jumps as well. Then, there's Weskers hyper which can reach all across the stage but to counteract that, Trish can setup her traps (peakaboo and the like) which leaves Wesker's level 1 hyper useless. I've had Trish vs. Wesker matchups come up often and Trish dominates him in almost every way possible. Same applies for Zero, Akuma, and Amaterasu. Zero and Wesker specifically, though.

Sayah

Sixfortyfive said:
I don't think being able to combo off of air throws is vital for an anchor if the character is still fast enough to force a mix-up before they fully recover from the throw.
I honestly don't think characters like Wesker or Magneto are good as anchors despite being able to combo off of air throws. Wesker is especially most often chosen as the first character since his entire combo strategy relies on assists and him playing solo really doesn't work out to his advantage.

Wesker not good anchor?

That is so wrong. Wesker good chip damage, yes. Teleports, yes. Combo off of throw yes.

An anchor needs to be a char who can play either HEAVY chip and when I say heavy chip can kill you in five seconds off of projectiles(Dormmy/Arthur) or can play solo with NO ASSISTS. I like using Trish as much as the next person. But her real threat is in her DHC potential and the fact her projectile hypers are great openers for more risky damaging hypers. Round Harvest to Floating Bomb is so much fun.

*shakes head*

Personally, I wouldn't count "execution" at all - it's not really a pro or a con to the character IMO, as low execution characters tend to be difficult in other ways (Dormammu needs a ton of matchup knowledge, Hulk needs good yomi, etc.). Pretty much every character in this game has something about them that takes a lot of dedication to make them viable at the tournament level.

I also find it weird that a character like Deadpool gets a 4 in assists, while Wesker gets 3, even though Samurai Edge > Katana-rama! in most cases, and no one really uses the other options for any character. Having Storm on the same level as Dormammu for mix-ups is similarly puzzling, since Storm has pretty much everything Dormammu does and more.

Then there's also that you rate mobility, and it seems as though speed is thrown in there, because a character like Taskmaster, who has very little mobility, but a ton of a speed, gets a 4, while Dormammu, who is the only character in the game with both an 8-way air dash, teleport, and flight mode aside from Phoenix, gets a 3. I think it's worth considering both a character's speed and mobility, personally.

Ryu just demands a lot of meter and patience. More than I have! Definitely mid tier.

Wesker's primary weakness is a lack of air control. His gunshots only go forward or downward; Trish has a favorable matchup against him because it's difficult for him to get in on her. Trish should almost never be chilling on the ground placing traps; she loves to be in the air!

He gets hit; perhaps I am not following you, but it seems obvious to me.

I made a mistake on Wolverine's health lol. I classified it as a 4 instead of a 3(4 and above is for characters with 1million+) health.
I feel like there should be a distinction in health between the 1 millions and characters with like 1.2 million; 800 to 1 million is a difference from 2 to 5 right now, but another 200K is nothing? Just talking to talk, I know you aren't taking it too seriously.

I honestly don't think characters like Wesker or Magneto are good as anchors despite being able to combo off of air throws. Wesker is especially most often chosen as the first character since his entire combo strategy relies on assists and him playing solo really doesn't work out to his advantage.
I honestly don't think you know what you are talking about. Maybe you are great at this game; I won't judge that. You certainly are clueless about anchors in this game though, because Wesker and Magneto are both considered to be top anchors in this game.

Sayah

crimsonspider89 said:
Wesker not good anchor?

Alright, now we KNOW not to take you seriously.

*shakes head*
Wesker's entire combo strategy is oriented around using assists to take extra damage. By himself, he can't do much let alone be able to take out 3 characters. There's a good reason most people pick him as the first character.

Sayah said:
_______'s entire combo strategy is oriented around using assists to take extra damage. By him/herself, he/she can't do much let alone be able to take out 3 characters.
Your statement is ridiculously ambiguous.

Sayah

Karsticles said:
I honestly don't think you know what you are talking about. Maybe you are great at this game; I won't judge that. You certainly are clueless about anchors in this game though, because Wesker and Magneto are both considered to be top anchors in this game.
I don't check online ranks for which characters are ranked best for which category. I'm judging based off of online play and most of the time, Wesker and Magneto are not used as anchors. I don't see how Wesker could serve as a good anchor. He's not half as good at solo play in comparison to when he has assists available.

Sayah

Professor Beef said:
Your statement is ridiculously ambiguous.
I don't know what game you've been playing but Wesker NEEDS assists in his combos to output the most damage. There's nothing at all ambiguous about that. There's many other characters that can benefit from assists but don't need to rely on them to take a good amount of damage as they already have meaty combos. Taskmaster, Trish, Wolvy, and others do not need to rely on assists to take a good amount of damage, FYI.

Go watch some Wesker XF3. Or Magneto XF3.

Wesker gets insane in XF3. He can just gun shot you to death and is fast enough to catch you off or a gunshot.

There is a reason why Wesker is included in the top of the game among the likes of herperine, the bitch, Mr. Stylin' and high maintenance MILF.

Sayah

crimsonspider89 said:
Go watch some Wesker XF3. Or Magneto XF3.

Wesker gets insane in XF3. He can just gun shot you to death and is fast enough to catch you off or a gunshot.

There is a reason why Wesker is included in the top of the game among the likes of herperine, the bitch, Mr. Stylin' and high maintenance MILF.
It may be because I have Trish at the end and Wesker's gun shots, teleports, and level 1 hyper are all useless against her. Wesker in XF3 can be deadly against certain characters but I don't have a hard time with him when I'm using Trish.

Top Bottom