• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Tobe

Sayah said:
Since when did I say that air throws weren't important? lrn2read. The argument was about whether or not Trish was good as anchor which she can be if her mixups are implemented strategically.

YOO UGGH!!!!!!.

also any good rushdown zero players here i need to practice for a tournament.

Kubisa

Neo Member
Urgh, blown up with a horrible 5-21 record. I'd like to owe it up to just having a bad night, but it's more probably due to me having no answer to the Tron/Sent assists and my awful execution. So many completely basic dropped combos. Til next time everyone, and goodnight.

On the plus side, my internet seemed to hold up okay. Dat lack of lag.

Dahbomb

It was a legit question, I didn't know what that comment was referring to.

All I know is that for a fact Trish's use as an anchor is going to go up dramatically in UMVC3. Better XF boosts, Max Voltage hits OTG and you can air XF into it again (most probably) and you can probably do this after a throw as well. Throws are very important to have on anchors and it's usually why people have dropped Dante as anchor on most teams. He is played 1st or 2nd on most teams.

What Trish has going for her as far as good anchor points are concerned (in vanilla MVC3):

*Good match ups against most of the cast
*Self-reliant in her game plan
*Projectiles/traps means she can clutch a time out if she needs to
*8 way air dash and a dive kick means she can chase down if she needs to
*Spammable hypers for extra chip and pressure. Always good to have these types of hypers when you are stock piled on hyper but are unable to budge the opponent
*A good enough assist to have a reason to put her in the back
*Speed bonus with XF is definitely a good thing to have. Her damage on XF is enough so that one touch and a decent combo finishes off characters

Bad anchor points:

*Cannot combo after throw solo
*Aside from IAD j.H cross up, she has limited right/left mix ups meaning the combination of no damage off of throw makes chicken/jump blocking very strong against her
*Trish loses to some of the better zoning characters in the game meaning if she is lower on health it's hard for her to comeback. Usually it requires a mistake on the opponent's part
*Loses in someprojectile warfare due to either low durability or bad start ups

Trish on anchor has been used practically by Jago. He has done legit OCVs with Trish at that position. She certainly makes a better anchor than a lot of characters out there.

Dahbomb said:
Trish stuff

I'm not sure as anchor, but I thought she was heavily underused in vanilla mvc3. I thought she was very solid, albeit a bit clunky and harder to use than most character. I'm pretty sure she would have been top tier if umvc3 weren't coming out so soon after mvc3. Doesn't the tier list place her high despite the fact that she hasn't been played much?

You guys are arguing about the wrong thing.

You should really be discussing whether Dirt Nap is a great hyper combo or the greatest hyper combo.

Killa Sasa said:
You guys are arguing about the wrong thing.

You should really be discussing whether Dirt Nap is a great hyper combo or the greatest hyper combo.

Dirt Nap SUCKS!... Compared to Shuma's Chaos Dimension.

Sayah

Karsticles said:
"And" you need to have a little more respect toward members on this forum. He read you just fine, you just chose to read his statement out of context.
You don't get respect, you earn it. :/

Sayah

Dahbomb said:
It was a legit question, I didn't know what that comment was referring to.

All I know is that for a fact Trish's use as an anchor is going to go up dramatically in UMVC3. Better XF boosts, Max Voltage hits OTG and you can air XF into it again (most probably) and you can probably do this after a throw as well. Throws are very important to have on anchors and it's usually why people have dropped Dante as anchor on most teams. He is played 1st or 2nd on most teams.

What Trish has going for her as far as good anchor points are concerned (in vanilla MVC3):

*Good match ups against most of the cast
*Self-reliant in her game plan
*Projectiles/traps means she can clutch a time out if she needs to
*8 way air dash and a dive kick means she can chase down if she needs to
*Spammable hypers for extra chip and pressure. Always good to have these types of hypers when you are stock piled on hyper but are unable to budge the opponent
*A good enough assist to have a reason to put her in the back
*Speed bonus with XF is definitely a good thing to have. Her damage on XF is enough so that one touch and a decent combo finishes off characters

Bad anchor points:

*Cannot combo after throw solo
*Aside from IAD j.H cross up, she has limited right/left mix ups meaning the combination of no damage off of throw makes chicken/jump blocking very strong against her
*Trish loses to some of the better zoning characters in the game meaning if she is lower on health it's hard for her to comeback. Usually it requires a mistake on the opponent's part
*Loses in someprojectile warfare due to either low durability or bad start ups

Trish on anchor has been used practically by Jago. He has done legit OCVs with Trish at that position. She certainly makes a better anchor than a lot of characters out there.

Respect earned. :p

Dahbomb

Prototype-03 said:
I'm not sure as anchor, but I thought she was heavily underused in vanilla mvc3. I thought she was very solid, albeit a bit clunky and harder to use than most character. I'm pretty sure she would have been top tier if umvc3 weren't coming out so soon after mvc3. Doesn't the tier list place her high despite the fact that she hasn't been played much?
She IS underused and she does place high in tiers. The recent tournament however had some very good Trish usage particularly a player named RDK. That's how this whole argument came out I am guessing. The changes to her in UMVC3 should definitely push her towards top tier or at least high tier but more played overall.

I just put in support for both sides of the camp as far as the whole anchor Trish debate went.

Did you guys see the leak info sheet on UMVC3? Lupinko sort of confirmed that it's real.

Here's a summary:

*Next characters to be revealed at TGS and there will be 4: Vergil & Iron First and Phoenix Wright and Rocket Raccoon. 2 new stages will be revealed there too: Danger Room (X-Men) and an Outer Space stage. Most of the game's modes will be revealed here with emphasis on Spectator mode.

*Frank West and Nova will be revealed at NYCC. The remaining modes will be discussed here as well along with the changes to single player and the MVC3 bonus for having vanilla MVC3. The bonus is just you get the 6 original costumes for vanilla for free.

*The other 2 remaining stages are re-skins of Metro City with Days of Future Past element (hoodlums replaced by X-men characters) and Midnight Asgard.

The rest of the post is about the particular characters but it isn't anything too specific. Iron First uses some sort of Levels of Understanding mechanic like MODOK, Nova is a mid screen controller with flight and projectiles, Vergil is like Dante in that he is basically taken right out of DMC3, PW fumbles around a lot and has a LVL3 counter hyper where he points his finger our and RR is NOT like Cable more like VJ with guns. FW is like his TVC counterpart.

Sayah

Kubisa said:
Urgh, blown up with a horrible 5-21 record. I'd like to owe it up to just having a bad night, but it's more probably due to me having no answer to the Tron/Sent assists and my awful execution. So many completely basic dropped combos. Til next time everyone, and goodnight.

On the plus side, my internet seemed to hold up okay. Dat lack of lag.
You had an England flag if I remember correctly. The matches held up pretty well despite you living so far away. But yeah, with Thor, the online lag can be a bitch. Somewhat similar with Trish with all my combo dropping.

Sayah

Dahbomb said:
She IS underused and she does place high in tiers. The recent tournament however had some very good Trish usage particularly a player named RDK. That's how this whole argument came out I am guessing. The changes to her in UMVC3 should definitely push her towards top tier or at least high tier but more played overall.

I just put in support for both sides of the camp as far as the whole anchor Trish debate went.

She's my first and top priority in terms of improving my play and she fits my playstyle nicely. Good news that she'll be capable of dishing out more damage in Ultimate.

Sayah

Ultimoo said:
countering the aerial exchange glitch is the greatest feeling in the world, lawl.
Yes, and you happened to escape it 90% of the time. Deadly Ammy and Tron team you have there, though. Really amazed by both of them.

Neki

I can 100% all of the cast besides Thor starting with one meter using Tron, two meters let me kill Thor too.

Sayah said:
You don't get respect, you earn it. :/

You have to earn our respect too. I'm not saying that we don't have disagreements here, I'm just saying that you're being overly hostile from what I read from you.

Sayah

sephi22 said:
Fixed.
And so am I.
Us juniors need to pick our words wisely bro.
Do you have to be here a certain period of time or reach a certain post count to become a regular?

Prototype-03 said:
You have to earn our respect too. I'm not saying that we don't have disagreements here, I'm just saying that you're being overly hostile from what I read from you.
Sorry if I came off that way but that wasn't my intention. And to be completely honest, I didn't come here looking for or asking for respect from anyone. I just wanted to face some people here that were experienced in the game. That's my primary reason for being here.

Ultimoo said:
I can 100% all of the cast besides Thor starting with one meter using Tron, two meters let me kill Thor too.
I wish my air play with Tron could be as good as yours. You keep moving her all over the place.
Also, Kubisa, I don't know if you remember that one match where Storm's Ice Storm went inward and diagonally rather than covering the stage. That's the first time I've seen that happen. Not sure how that happened and how its direction changed but it didn't even reach me.

Neki

nah it's pretty one dimensional. spam jumping H, lawl.

I've tried incorporating command throws, but it only works in corners.

Sayah

Well the circle hit often connects for you. It becomes stressful to block it when there's a sentinel force or cold star assist incoming, lol.

Tobe

so i was playing and couldnt reach the 20 win streak cause 2 guys ragequitted and the guy who beat me was this crazy ass wolverine. the thing is that i was utterly destroyed by this dude, he eventually send me a message saying i was a phoenix scrub.

the thing is that the character i've had put the most time in training mode must haggar so that he is not useless. i mean yeah phoenix is phoenix and she is just stupid good in dp mode with lvl3 as wolverine but i hate that people dont count the effort placed on the team. i dont play to get dp out, i play so that you dont kill any of my characters.

tl;dr

couldnt get 20 win streak>wolverine destroyed me> sore winner> i rage

sephi22

Sayah said:
Do you have to be here a certain period of time or reach a certain post count to become a regular?
500 posts to become a member.
But that won't really mean anything in fighting game threads though. FG threads have their own community. Play others, be friendly, help others and fighting game-GAF will accept you as its own even if you're a junior (not speaking for others, just what I've noticed during months of lurking).

These are members you should really respect and not use words like 'lrn2read' on:
Karsticles [Dormammu lord], Maximillian [Nic Cage/Minor celebrity], USD [stream monster extraordinaire], Dahbomb [Vergil fanboy], Markman [Markman], Kadey [Markman's concubine], Haunts [fuckhaunts], nycfurby [salturo] and Fubarduck [Arcade UFO]. I might have missed a couple but these are the people that really made these threads worthwhile when I was just a lurker.

Tobe

sephi22 said:
But that won't really mean anything in fighting game threads though. FG threads have their own community. Play others, be friendly, help others and fighting game-GAF will accept you as its own even if you're a junior (not speaking for others, just what I've noticed during months of lurking).

These are members you should really respect and not use words like 'lrn2read' on:
Karsticles [Dormammu lord], Maximillian [Nic Cage/Minor celebrity], USD [stream monster extraordinaire], Dahbomb [Vergil fanboy], Markman [Markman], Kadey [Markman's concubine], Haunts [fuckhaunts], nycfurby [salturo] and Fubarduck [Arcade UFO]. I might have missed a couple but these are the people that really made these threads worthwhile when I was just a lurker.

why am i not in there ?!!!! :lol

also i think to becomew a member is 300+ posts and x about of months.
considering i became a junior in june and this week turned into a member.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Junior is 2 months and 300 posts IIRC.

Also FUCK random select giving me Hsien-Ko as anchor twice in a row.

Fucking swear my game disc is partial to giving me MODOK and Hsien-Ko every time.

Tobe

sephi22 said:
300 posts? HAX
IIRC you became a member in the Summer Brawl thread right?
i think it was either this thread or victorious didnt really noticed the exact post it happend.

ive been wanting to make a thread about on how you cater to your FGC. as in what do the leaders of the group promote the new games, how do you help increase the skill level and such. besides making local gatherings and tournaments what does your group do??
im one of the heads of my fgc in peru and things are getting a bit stale we do play the new games but people just go back to the old ones without giving enough time to the new games.

enzo_gt said:

Fucking swear my game disc is partial to giving me MODOK and Hsien-Ko every time.
I think it is trying to tell you something.

I honestly think MODOK is secret high tier, maybe even top tier. If UMvC3 wasn't giving me Firebrand, I would seriously consider sitting down and figuring him out.

Anyone up for some games on psn?
Sure thing.

@Sephi:
Do I know you on any other forums?

Sayah

sephi22 said:

I just have one concern to address here: why is everybody taking this "lrn2read" comment so seriously? What if one of these listed members that I don't even know but am "supposed to respect" said the same thing to me? Would there be a similar reaction? Doesn't feel right.....almost like some forum aristocracy of some sort. The person who I said the comment to (Dahbomb) doesn't seem to have any problems with it yet some people here seem to be having this "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH....NO YOU JUST DI'ENT" reaction to it. I don't intend to be rude and nor do I want to derail this thread any further. I'm thankful for your helpful advice but I can't really respect people that I don't know regardless of how much of an online reputation they've built here. I similarly would never ask anyone to do the same for me. But as far as being nice, I apologize for any offensive comments and I'll try not to get into any more arguments.

smurfx

get some go again
played some marvel today after not playing for a while. oh man was it a shitastic experience. played a few player matches to get a little warmed up and man was my timing and decision making crap. saw i was playing like crap and said fuck it and went straight into ranked to get thrown in to fire. well kept losing and winning but got my timing back a little and went on a 12 game win streak and then turned it off after i got a bit bored. i know i wont get the chance to play tomorrow thanks to work but it was nice playing again.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
sephi22 said:
You left out,
God's Beard [Failed Theory Craft Major]
Ultimoo [Please someone play with me T.T ]
DR2K [No boys allowed]

Oh wait, my bad you were not just giving titles you were saying people to respect whoops.

Edit: and how the hell are people still saying sent needs freaking nerfs? Psh whatever have fun getting ass stomped by nemesis in UMvC3. Current sent isn't even as good as that bastard is going to be -.- As far as sents normals go, they are actually all pretty strict on which ones to use when outside of j.S but that leaves you open hella bad if you miss. Sent is actually pretty free to about half the cast if they play right.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
You left out,
God's Beard [Failed Theory Craft Major]
Ultimoo [Please someone play with me T.T ]
DR2K [No boys allowed]

Oh wait, my bad you were not just giving titles you were saying people to respect whoops.
OH SNAP :lol :lol :lol

Also QisTopTier [Exiled betrayer of his MahvelGAF brethren]

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
I was just saying the game probably doesn't want you to use random picks anymore.

What a drama queen.

>_>
Randoms is too much fun. It's like taking an ecstasy pill injected with salt. You know your going to be taken for a ride.

smurfx

get some go again
qistoptier needs to earn his membership back to marvel gaf after betraying us for blazblue. he and ultimoo should have a first to 100 match but we should pick q's other 2 team members and let him pick one.

smurfx said:
qistoptier needs to earn his membership back to marvel gaf after betraying us for blazblue. he and ultimoo should have a first to 100 match but we should pick q's other 2 team members and let him pick one.

BB was always his main fighter

smurfx said:
He's a part of the Rebel alliance, and a traitor. Take him away!
You haven't been there, man. They've got free healthcare, a stable society full of bright young people and their industrialism is just amazing.

Also, BB Netcode>All of Capcom's fighting game netcode.
enzo_gt said:
Randoms is too much fun. It's like taking an ecstasy pill injected with salt. You know your going to be taken for a ride.
Don't you need to keep yourself hydrated when you take ecstasy? Plz don't take ecstasy with salt...use Iron Man, Skrull and Dormammu instead of Hsien-Ko.

I had no idea using Lei Lei could kill people...

;_;

smurfx said:

Can you call it a betrayal when it was always his main?

He just played the double agent :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
ROFL.

Enzo, I wish you were on PS3.
Your not missing anything, I'm the worst Marvel player alive, ask anyone else on GAF who's played me (because I've lost to them ALL).

I'm a stream monster who understands the game fairly well but lacks the motor skills and time to be competitive at MvC3. But I fucking LOVE Mahvel and will play it to my death.

SolarPowered said:
Don't you need to keep yourself hydrated when you take ecstasy? Plz don't take ecstasy with salt...use Iron Man, Skrull and Dormammu instead of Hsien-Ko.

I had no idea using Lei Lei could kill people...

;_;
It's going to be okay SolarPowered, Lei Lei is completely safe, she can't kill anyone, whether she's in the Vanilla mix or the Ultimate one.

Your not missing anything, I'm the worst Marvel player alive, ask anyone else on GAF who's played me (because I've lost to them ALL).

I'm a stream monster who understands the game fairly well but lacks the motor skills and time to be competitive at MvC3. But I fucking LOVE Mahvel and will play it to my death.
I just think we'd have some good times; I don't care about epeen.

It's going to be okay SolarPowered, Lei Lei is completely safe, she can't kill anyone, whether she's in the Vanilla mix or the Ultimate one.
She lights those little bombs on fire!...

Top Bottom