• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
I just think we'd have some good times; I don't care about epeen.

She lights those little bombs on fire!...
Heh, yeah maybe your Dorm could teach mine a thing or two. Or twenty.

Psch, she lights those bombs on fire but she never knows what she's going to throw next. She's completely outclassed in the bomb department. See when Wesker knows its on, he knows its ON. When Wesker sees a problem he reaches into his own ass and extracts a nuke to deliver a message. If Hsien-Ko slips by a second, out comes a bonsai tree. That's not a reliable demolitions expert you turn to.

But really now, Hsien-Ko deserves better. Playing her today made me sad a character is lacking so much in so many departments. In Ultimate, she better do an instant 200K damage when she throws The Thinker statue or something. On block.

enzo_gt said:
Heh, yeah maybe your Dorm could teach mine a thing or two. Or twenty.

Psch, she lights those bombs on fire but she never knows what she's going to throw next. She's completely outclassed in the bomb department. See when Wesker knows its on, he knows its ON. When Wesker sees a problem he reaches into his own ass and extracts a nuke to deliver a message. If Hsien-Ko slips by a second, out comes a bonsai tree. That's not a reliable demolitions expert you turn to.

But really now, Hsien-Ko deserves better. Playing her today made me sad a character is lacking so much in so many departments. In Ultimate, she better do an instant 200K damage when she throws The Thinker statue or something. On block.
I hope they ask about her dead last. I have a feeling that she'll only get one real good bit in some tiny interview and that will be it.

I'd rather get that little morsel closer to the game's completion than now when things could change or have not changed enough. Class starts today and I will be busy enough that I won't have to think about it too much in the months ahead.

I honestly don't think Hsien-ko needs that many tweaks to be a good character:
1) Bomb has a hitbox.
2) Slightly faster air dash.
3) Cancelable Senpu Bu.

I think that would make her a good character alone.

psn gaf was alive today, weird. loool
Craaaazy times!

Best unused hyper in the game is Arthur's lvl 3 IMO followed by Iron Avenger.
Arthur is horribly underrated as an anchor. For the Princess! is awesome.

Neki

God's Beard said:
I was gonna go to the dragon lounge tonight to play with the san fran crew, but I'm lazy and it's on the whole other side of the city ^_^
disregard real match knowledge

acquire theorycrafting knowledge

Kubisa

Neo Member
Sayah said:
You had an England flag if I remember correctly. The matches held up pretty well despite you living so far away. But yeah, with Thor, the online lag can be a bitch. Somewhat similar with Trish with all my combo dropping.

Yeah a good connection today, was surprising for me. I'm not sure if I can put poor performance with Thor down to lag entirely, my inputs were way off and I didn't do my combos properly. Those Trish combos were pretty flash though, alongside the corner divekick pressure; haven't really played against her enough to know how to counter.

Ultimoo said:
I can 100% all of the cast besides Thor starting with one meter using Tron, two meters let me kill Thor too.

Last night I had bread and ham on my desk. I quite literally made a sandwich while that combo was happening.

Sayah said:
Also, Kubisa, I don't know if you remember that one match where Storm's Ice Storm went inward and diagonally rather than covering the stage. That's the first time I've seen that happen. Not sure how that happened and how its direction changed but it didn't even reach me.

I'm pretty sure it occurs only when someone crosses over Storm when the move's animation is happening, still it made me rage. But yeah weird stuff. There was also one other interesting thing which happened (not sure if it was against you or Ultimoo) when a leftward aerial combo was dropped and I managed to pick up the combo on the ground for a couple hits. Anyway, back to the lab for me, after those crushing defeats I've got to test some new ideas.

Azure J

sephi22 said:
These are members you should really respect and not use words like 'lrn2read' on:
Karsticles [Dormammu lord], Maximillian [Nic Cage/Minor celebrity], USD [stream monster extraordinaire], Dahbomb [Vergil fanboy], Markman [Markman], Kadey [Markman's concubine], Haunts [fuckhaunts], nycfurby [salturo] and Fubarduck [Arcade UFO]. I might have missed a couple but these are the people that really made these threads worthwhile when I was just a lurker.

Marvel-GAF needs more titles. I nominate myself for [Hypest Nonplayer]. :lol

LordAlu

Finally managed to pick up a TE stick for a decent price (£100) which should be with me by the weekend. That gives me two months of practice with it before Ultimate comes out, hopefully by then I can pull off SRK motions consistently :D

Karsticles said:
I honestly don't think Hsien-ko needs that many tweaks to be a good character:
1) Bomb has a hitbox.
2) Slightly faster air dash.
3) Cancelable Senpu Bu.

I think that would make her a good character alone.
It is merely a start in the MAHVEL world. "Slightly" faster does not cut it either when the Darkstalkers version had a dash almost nearly as fast as Shulkie.
AzureJericho said:
Marvel-GAF needs more titles. I nominate myself for [Hypest Nonplayer]. :lol
Nothing wrong with having no titles. Makes you all the more dangerous and mysterious.

:D

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
Your not missing anything, I'm the worst Marvel player alive, ask anyone else on GAF who's played me (because I've lost to them ALL).

I'm a stream monster who understands the game fairly well but lacks the motor skills and time to be competitive at MvC3. But I fucking LOVE Mahvel and will play it to my death.

Sounds a lot like me, we should play sometime enzo. I'm in a different continent but I usually have good connections with US players.

syztem

Neo Member
We doing a stream monster but sucks at the game roll call? That's me

Rocking a 100-300 online record plateauing at 9th Scout, I'm a monster.

Dahbomb

Ghost Rider is going to produce so much salt online. At the very least he is going to own scrubs.

Also I am getting reports that Ammy's weapon change in the air has been removed from the previous build? Can we get a confirmation on this?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:
Ghost Rider is going to produce so much salt online. At the very least he is going to own scrubs.

Also I am getting reports that Ammy's weapon change in the air has been removed from the previous build? Can we get a confirmation on this?

I heard one of the Capcom guys say this during the PAX stream, but it cut to Dead Rising mid-sentence.

Sayah

Kubisa said:
I'm pretty sure it occurs only when someone crosses over Storm when the move's animation is happening, still it made me rage. But yeah weird stuff. There was also one other interesting thing which happened (not sure if it was against you or Ultimoo) when a leftward aerial combo was dropped and I managed to pick up the combo on the ground for a couple hits. Anyway, back to the lab for me, after those crushing defeats I've got to test some new ideas.

I believe that happened with me. You did the aerial exchange, made one hit, I dropped to the floor and you made another hit on the floor. Seems like something that needs to be experimented as it could extend combos further.

Tobe

giancarlo123x said:
Hello everyone, I just got a TE stick and im having a problem finding comfortable controls. What set ups do you find good to use?
as in button config? i think type-B is the best for marvel 3.

if you are talking about on how to handle the stick that is up to you, this is a nice guideline

Tobe1 said:
as in button config? i think type-B is the best for marvel 3.

if you are talking about on how to handle the stick that is up to you, this is a nice guideline
Thats pretty much how I set up the custom controls. Thank you, time to hit the lab hard as if its my first time playing again.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Dahbomb said:

omg

Please dont AEised the bitch Capcom

sephi22

Karsticles said:
@Sephi:
Do I know you on any other forums?
I doubt it. I don't have many posts on SRK. Posted a bit in Tech Talk, and the MODOK and Dorm anticipation threads. Had some posts in the El Fuerte section too. Haven't posted much since Marvel came out.

I'm a member of a couple of South Asian gaming forums but I doubt anyone here frequents them.

Good to hear about the dog nerfs. I wouldn't mind if they removed it completely. It's easily my least favorite character, and possibly the worst Clover representative they could have chosen.

P.S. #freegene

It is merely a start in the MAHVEL world. "Slightly" faster does not cut it either when the Darkstalkers version had a dash almost nearly as fast as Shulkie.
I DO think it is important to recognize the strength of her assist in calculating her strength. Plus, slight speed alterations are huge in this game. Characters that get a 20% speed boost in X-Factor suddenly seem to move at unmanageable speeds. So, I am thinking about a 20% boost on her air walk, while still allowing her to block-cancel it (which is huge, as you know - lol).

Indeed, but don't forget the counter-salt: Ghost Rider player complaining about aerial-based characters!

LOL, can't believe I missed this post. GGs Karst. Wish the netcode were better.
Indeed, here's to hoping for UMvC3!

Hello everyone, I just got a TE stick and im having a problem finding comfortable controls. What set ups do you find good to use?
Are you up for our matches today/tonight?

Good to hear about the dog nerfs. I wouldn't mind if they removed it completely. It's easily my least favorite character, and possibly the worst Clover representative they could have chosen.
A thousand deaths is not enough for you.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
_dementia said:

P.S. #freegene
1561612361c9a2f4ee88f606d40016a9.jpg

Karsticles said:
A thousand deaths is not enough for you.
These are the people you are siding with.

:mad:
Karsticles said:
I DO think it is important to recognize the strength of her assist in calculating her strength. Plus, slight speed alterations are huge in this game. Characters that get a 20% speed boost in X-Factor suddenly seem to move at unmanageable speeds. So, I am thinking about a 20% boost on her air walk, while still allowing her to block-cancel it (which is huge, as you know - lol).
Her assist has some pretty strict requirements. A safe DHC requires that you catch the opponent in a hyper which you can DHC Lei Lei into. The next step is to raw tag to another character before they get up.

That is the BEST case scenario. Her gold armor requires two bars and she still takes unscaled damage. It ain't as cheap and usable as Tron and Haggar were by a long shot. It does not justify the removal of everything that made her good in VS. Oh, yeah the block cancel better stay with her. Her dash is absolute ass and a speed boost won't mean shit if they has to play it safe as hell.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nils said:
Sounds a lot like me, we should play sometime enzo. I'm in a different continent but I usually have good connections with US players.
Missed this. You on 360 Nils? Add me: arvinater

Send me an invite in the rare event I'm online :p

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
Missed this. You on 360 Nils? Add me: arvinater

Send me an invite in the rare event I'm online :p

Friend request sent.

YO UGH!

My PS3 got the YLOD again. I won't be to play in quite awhile, as I don't have the funds to fix it. :(

It'll let me work harder in college though. :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why does x-23 have boobs? Why is she a capcom character now? Why does she look like an Animu character? WHY WHY WHY WHY oh shut up and stop nitpicking about the art lol

QisTopTier said:
Why does x-23 have boobs? Why is she a capcom character now? Why does she look like an Animu character? WHY WHY WHY WHY oh shut up and stop nitpicking about the art lol

What? Why pick on my main??

smurfx

get some go again
enzo make one of just haggar on the cover. why? just for the hell of it. btw i was thinking about which one character we associate with people here on mahvel gaf. these are mine.

solarpowered=hsien ko
ultimoo=ammy
tobe=phoenix
qistoptier=taskmaster
sixfortyfive=felicia

these are the people i've played with the most so sorry if i'm missing anybody. not that i play against ultimoo and qistoptier but from what i've heard of them.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
_dementia said:
I knew I liked you for a reason.

Okami Shuffle is the most obnoxious hyper in the game imo. I just hate that jingle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx said:
enzo make one of just haggar on the cover. why? just for the hell of it. btw i was thinking about which one character we associate with people here on mahvel gaf. these are mine.

solarpowered=hsien ko
ultimoo=ammy
tobe=phoenix
qistoptier=taskmaster
sixfortyfive=felicia

these are the people i've played with the most so sorry if i'm missing anybody.
Me and Kimo are going to have to fight it out for Iron Man, but now that he might not get UMvC3, he's all mine :D

Also helps the other popular Iron Man player, Dahbomb, has a larger hard-on for Vergil, heh.

smurfx

get some go again
Sixfortyfive said:
I knew I liked you for a reason.

Okami Shuffle is the most obnoxious hyper in the game imo. I just hate that jingle.
yeah i really hate that hyper as well. although i think i hate akumas beam hyper more though. maybe its because i'm always fighting him when he's at x factor 3 and that damn beam is causing all kinds of crazy chip damage and the sound byte is annoying as well. storms ice storm is another one of my most hated hypers.

Top Bottom