• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kyohei getting everything wrong is making me crack up.

COLD SHOWER? No wait, RAIN STORM? WHAT IS IT CALLED?

That and every single time he goes "WHOA WHAT THE FUCK?" I burst out into laughter.

It clearly went through Doom's Rocks and hit Doom in the official trailer. That's looks fairly durable to me.
A very knowledgeable Morrigan player on SRK pointed out to me that Doom's Molecular Shield only throws out four one-durability rocks. Morrigan's Soul Fist beats it out normally (I just tested this to be sure). So while it might have higher durability, beating Doom's rocks is normal for fireballs in this game.

And what's Arthur's cross up?
I meant to say his crossbow. There was an Arthur user at the PAX tournaments, and I felt like his crossbow had faster startup. Looking at it again now in training mode, I could be wrong, so ignore that detail.

I'm watching that stream, and WOW @ Viper's Focus Attack beating out Wesker's level 3.

Edit: That girl's hair bothers me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MarlinPie launching Akuma assist, then proceeeding to catch Wolverine slipping and begin juggling both of them was godlike.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SolarPowered said:
This is why I don't get the hate for the shuffle. It is easy to spot, it does little chip damage and it is punishable.
It just looks and sounds retarded. Like I said, obnoxious. An aesthetic annoyance. Has nothing to do with its effectiveness or lack thereof.

Dahbomb

SolarPowered said:
Focus attack>Wesker's level 3

WTFFFF
Is this real life?

I just came to a shocking conclusion today....

Chun Li is officially the ONLY character in UMVC3 thus far without ANY WAY to hit a character OTG. Captain America, Haggar and Trish who previously couldn't OTG can do so now. I am hoping this is rectified.

Dahbomb said:
Is this real life?
Hold on lemme check...

*turns on Xbox and goes to the lab only to see that Lei Lei still sucks*

Yep, this is real life.
Dahbomb said:

Chun Li is officially the ONLY character in UMVC3 thus far without ANY WAY to hit a character OTG. Captain America, Haggar and Trish who previously couldn't OTG can do so now. I am hoping this is rectified.
What Lazy vs Crazy said is right. Kikousho should OTG.

Also, is Trish OTG super absolutely confirmed so far? She is looking awesome if so.

Dahbomb

The Axe Kick OTGing would be a good boost to her game along with Kikousho OTG. Hope she gets them.

I don't know about 100% confirmed but it's fairly legit from multiple sources.

Anth0ny

Dahbomb said:
Is this real life?

I wouldn't mind a couple of characters not having OTGs, but they'd need the tools to make up for it. Clearly this is not the case for poor Chun =(

smurfx

get some go again
lol damn i got my ass beat in a player match with a cosmic lord. his jill and then his modok just killed me. no clue how to fight those characters when there is a skilled player behind them. his modok team was so frustrating. he was running modok/haggar/taskmaster. he put that shield in front of him and then would call in taskmasters vertical arrows and would call haggar when ever you tried getting close. he would then just spam his beam. i couldn't call haggar in because his shield would push him back and he would then punish the hell out of him. i couldn't jump over because he would call taskmasters arrows and if i did jump and got close then haggar was there waiting. was a really good experience though. love fighting unique teams like that.

DR2K

Banned
smurfx said:
lol damn i got my ass beat in a player match with a cosmic lord. his jill and then his modok just killed me. no clue how to fight those characters when there is a skilled player behind them. his modok team was so frustrating. he was running modok/haggar/taskmaster. he put that shield in front of him and then would call in taskmasters vertical arrows and would call haggar when ever you tried getting close. he would then just spam his beam. i couldn't call haggar in because his shield would push him back and he would then punish the hell out of him. i couldn't jump over because he would call taskmasters arrows and if i did jump and got close then haggar was there waiting. was a really good experience though. love fighting unique teams like that.

Have you tried switching assists?

Fighting Modok can be frustrating, he can especially keep away forever it feels like.

smurfx

get some go again
DR2K said:
Have you tried switching assists?

Fighting Modok can be frustrating, he can especially keep away forever it feels like.
i came so close to beating him so many times but he clutched it out at the end. i did beat him a few times though. i sent him a friends request. i hope he accepts.

Xevren said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xHBwZzWkBA&feature=player_detailpage#t=386s

that was a pretty sick combo with phoenix. you should copy that shit tobe.

I haven't been online much since moving to SF but I don't want to lose my spot as number one training master. So, here's a Viewtiful Joe-only midscreen mixup for C.Viper:

tridash down-forward S(crossup), f+M(crosses up only during hit/blockstun) xx Burn Kick H(crossup)/burn Kick L or M(same side)

Finally, a deciding answer to the Joe matchup.

Tobe

smurfx said:
i came so close to beating him so many times but he clutched it out at the end. i did beat him a few times though. i sent him a friends request. i hope he accepts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xHBwZzWkBA&feature=player_detailpage#t=386s

that was a pretty sick combo with phoenix. you should copy that shit tobe.

i was just in training mode doing it :lol, found a couple of variations also clock went for flash cause L trap infinite and a super wouldve been enough to kill spencer.

MODOK can be infuriating, especially since as long as his fat head is IN the shield, normals will get blocked on him too! I really think he's top 10 in this game, but people are just too lazy to figure him out.

On the note of Phoenix, I was sitting around doing nothing when it dawned on me:
I use Sentinel/Dormammu/Morrigan. Sentinel is complete ass on point, and against competent players/top tiers he is pretty much worth 900K life in meter. So, since my point character dies all the time and it's up to Dormammu to save the day before my terrible Morrigan comes up, why not just put Phoenix on point? I did ~20 matches against a good friend and went like 20-10 against him doing this. I almost always got Dark Phoenix out, but I'm ass with her so she usually died as soon as I got her out (I am strangely better with normal Phoenix than Dark).

I think I will be using this team for a while for my own amusement.

No, he's a good player - we spar regularly. The point, though, is that if you're going to use Sentinel on point, you might as well use Phoenix on point, because Sentinel is that ass as a point character.

Neki

Karsticles said:
No, he's a good player - we spar regularly. The point, though, is that if you're going to use Sentinel on point, you might as well use Phoenix on point, because Sentinel is that ass as a point character.
but I use Sentinel to build meter on my Sentinel/Ammy/Phoenix team though!

SmokeMaxX

Karsticles said:
Sentinel on point isn't as bad for a team as Phoenix on point. Phoenix, while good, basically makes winning the game a coin flip when she's on point (and not a two-headed coin like when she's on anchor). Either she gets hit and dies in one combo or she doesn't.

Sentinel on point can get the job done with the right assists. It's just noone would ever do that since his assist is so good. But he's certainly not the worst character you can possibly put on point.

Zissou

Hey, it looks like I'm going to TGS! I'm hoping Ultimate is playable on the show floor and I can spend some time with it, so I was wondering- is there any comprehensive move list for the new characters so that I can memorize the commands beforehand? Any help would be appreciated. I saw that crosscouner.tv has lists for the six officially revealed characters so far, but I'm not sure how complete they are.

Dahbomb

Xevren said:
What does Cap get that OTG's in Ultimate?
Jump Shield Slash L (the one that angles down). It picks them back up and if you did the move low enough to the ground you can relaunch with it or do a hyper after it.

Don't know if it works off his air throw, I was messing around with Captain America today and I don't think it will because of the angle. We'll see though.

Someone please give me some easy BnBs for Phoenix and Tron (I need one with assist and one without). I am going to be playing with those 2 characters along with She Hulk maybe. Tron is fun even as a point character especially her combos. I already know the only She Hulk combo I will need and that's cr. LMHS MMHS (delay hits) Runner Slide Runner cancel launcher HS Runner Slide Emerald Cannon.

I played a ton of MVC3 the past few days, ironed out my Zero/Akuma combos. I can do the infamous JWong combo with Akuma now. :) I wish they ironed out some of Akuma's moveset so that he isn't limited to the corner to use them, he has some pretty sexy ground bounce combos.

OMG @ THE "BATTLE" AT THE END OF THE EPISODE!!!

smurfx

get some go again
cool i think i finally discovered how to link taskmaster, zero and haggars hypers in the corner together for great damage. the problem i always had was linking the hypers together before hitstun took over. just with taskmaster and zero i can get an easy 800k plus damage it looks like and if i add haggar it goes to 1 million. for sure i can now kill any character i want if i have 3 meters and use x factor 1. guess that's what using training mode does for you. -_-

edit: okay i just played with training mode some more. looks like i can get over 1 mil damage by linking task's and zero's hypers together plus x factor 1. guess i can kill most of the characters now at the beginning if i catch them. i'm always at the corner when doing combos with taskmaster so this is a great discovery. i feel ashamed i'm barely discovering this now. :(

syztem

Neo Member
I perfected a "Master Lord" last night. I was then matched with him 3 more times, going 3-1 total...

I don't understand how I am completely stuck at rank 9 but people get that high and aren't REALLY good.... how does this happen? I realize rankings don't "mean anything" but I'm pretty sure you have to beat a lot of people consistently to get that high. How do relatively bad players make it that far?

smurfx

get some go again
syztem said:
I perfected a "Master Lord" last night. I was then matched with him 3 more times, going 3-1 total...

I don't understand how I am completely stuck at rank 9 but people get that high and aren't REALLY good.... how does this happen? I realize rankings don't "mean anything" but I'm pretty sure you have to beat a lot of people consistently to get that high. How do relatively bad players make it that far?
what was his team and what's your team? sometimes match ups make a huge difference.

syztem

Neo Member
I'm running best friends + wesker.

He used Dante/Haggar/Phoenix and Dante/Wesker/Haggar. The one game I lost was to his phoenix team, and it was really because I kept running into Haggar.

Random side note, I've noticed every time I face someone whose 3rd or above they have Tron or Haggar on their team.

edit: not a brag post, i'm pretty bad, genuinely confused about how people progress so far

Top Bottom