• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

smurfx

get some go again
LeMaximilian said:
I wouldn't do that for my own videos. But if anyone did chose to do so, I'd do my best to keep it updated with production info/future projects/pictures etc, and would be extremely appreciated.
alright somebody do this man right and make a thread for his awesome videos. i would make one but i suck at making opening posts with all kinds of info.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm far too lazy to keep editing the op with new videos posted so i'm taking myself out of this.

Neki

Karsticles said:
I'm honestly too intimidated by GAF mods to make a thread about anything. :-/
you can face down dark phoenix mano a mano but you can't make a thread on GAF?! :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx said:
i'm far too lazy to keep editing the op with new videos posted so i'm taking myself out of this.
It's a commitment to make a thread of the sort. Not to mention if your going to make it all purdy you have to put time aside for all the formatting and shit.

I've only made like 5-6 threads in my time on GAF, most of which were relatively successful.

Zissou

Ever since ranking up to 4th lord, I haven't been able to beat anybody, so I've been deliberately losing to try to rank back down face opponents who are as bad as I am, but it's taking forever. I assumed a short losing streak would send me back, but so far I've had no luck. Any tips?

edit: fuck, people started disconnecting on me rather than perfecting me. I'll never rank down now :(

Sheppard

So, I hate to ask this but I am having troubles on Mission 10 for Dante. Near the end when you get to the part when you need to hit S and Atk for what I guess is Bold Move, Dante jumps under Deadpool so I am no where near him for Killer Bee. Any suggestions?

Dahbomb

Sheppard said:
So, I hate to ask this but I am having troubles on Mission 10 for Dante. Near the end when you get to the part when you need to hit S and Atk for what I guess is Bold Move, Dante jumps under Deadpool so I am no where near him for Killer Bee. Any suggestions?
I have done all the Dante missions and I did them a long time ago so my memory is going to be a bit hazy.

I don't remember this one being that difficult at all aside from introducing the bold jump mechanic. I think the combo at the end is just Cold Shower -> Stinger -> Bold attack -> Killer Bee. Just let Dante jump enough after the bold attack (it just causes Dante to cancel Stinger into a jump) to follow up with Killer Bee at an appropriate height. It shouldn't be that hard just make sure there is decent distance between you and the corner so you don't get crossed up or anything like that.

syztem

Neo Member
Zissou said:
Ever since ranking up to 4th lord, I haven't been able to beat anybody, so I've been deliberately losing to try to rank back down face opponents who are as bad as I am, but it's taking forever. I assumed a short losing streak would send me back, but so far I've had no luck. Any tips?

edit: fuck, people started disconnecting on me rather than perfecting me. I'll never rank down now :(

Why not enjoy the jump in competition and use it to improve? I'd love to be at a point where I fought nothing but killers.

LakeEarth

I would also suggest to continue to try your best. You will improve, even while getting destroyed. And there is no better feeling than beating a cosmic lord!

It will also encourage you to improve your game. MvC3 isn't like Street Fighter where you can get away with knowing a handful of combos and have a general footsie skills. If you want to do well you have to have pre-planned setups to open up your opponent. Take your team, go into training mode and figure out ways to get in, corner setups, etc.

Zissou

I've lost like thirty straight, but still no rank down. I still have a winning record, but the this system is incomprehensible.

smurfx

get some go again
Zissou said:
I've lost like thirty straight, but still no rank down. I still have a winning record, but the this system is incomprehensible.
i remember getting beat down the first time i got 4th lord. i kept on playing through and eventually i got to the point where i would win enough to not get ranked down. although i was far too low on meter and didn't feel like building it all back up again so i just ranked down but i plowed my way though 5th lord when i did and improved. when i got back down to 4th lord again i pretty much made my way though it with no problems. im currently 1st lord and building my meter whenever i have time to play.

shaowebb

I can't even get a chance to rank up because the matchmaking is so ass. I don't even receive ranked matches unless they're against guys around 3rd to Cosmic lord. ITs how I got forced out of my pitiful 9th ranger rank after disappearing for a few weeks. I pretty much gave up on the online in this game after that. Couldn't even get started.

you can face down dark phoenix mano a mano but you can't make a thread on GAF?! :p
Correct.

Just set your rank to "any" when searching, and you'll fight people all over the place.

syztem

Neo Member
I end up playing player matches more than anything most of the time, because waiting 5+ minutes between games trying to find an opponent gets old fast.

If I have one major complaint about fighting games (and shooters, for that matter) of this generation it's that they match making is horrible, yet no companies seem to even put it on their radar to fix.

Tobe

fuck it time to be lame as shit and win by time out. sick of all these new zoning players

edit: somehow i feel smurf is feeling my pain and he is laughing :(

any recommendations for a lame team but im keeping magneto cause he can zone quite well.

Viscant basically had the lamest team there is.

If you just want pure, 100% keepaway though, and no Haggar assist, try:
Magneto/Sentinel/Dormammu.

Call drones, spam Disruptor, Magnetic Shockwave any mistakes, and if you have a lot of meter and your opponent calls an assist, DHC Shockwave -> Hyper Sentinel Force -> Chaotic Flame. All three will deal full damage; dead assist.

If Magneto dies, just try to do what you can with Sentinel; cover his s.S by calling Dark Hole at the same time. Once Sentinel dies, burn X-Factor with Dormammu and flood the screen with Stalking Flares.

If you're not a fan of Dormammu, consider replacing him with Amaterasu's Bloom assist, and just Magnetic Shockwave everything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Weirdest thing in the world is, Dante is one of the few characters I've completed all the missions for.

Some missions just frustrate me with their stupid as fuck uses of terrible assists to extend combos :/

I'm looking at you CapAm assist for Sent.

Sayah

I'm thinking of adding Skrull in my main team. Or at least be a placement until I get my hands on new characters from Ultimate.

smurfx

get some go again
Tobe1 said:
fuck it time to be lame as shit and win by time out. sick of all these new zoning players

edit: somehow i feel smurf is feeling my pain and he is laughing :(

any recommendations for a lame team but im keeping magneto cause he can zone quite well.
lol you know it. get ready for even worse zoning in ultimate. :D i'm actually really excited to fight other really good zoning teams. you should give trish a try. she can be a really good zoner.

shaowebb

My current pick for going lame is:
Trish/Ghost Rider/Dr Strange = Team Keep Away

Traps, orb barricades, mixups, hypers that home, OTG hypers, air hypers, and full screen spam out the yin yang. They may not be the fastest, but I'm betting they are the lamest.

Dahbomb

Magneto and Sentinel is lame as fuck. You can probably add Taskmaster/Doom/Dormammu/Trish/MODOK/Phoenix/Deadpool/Chris to that team and it will became infuriating. Deadpool is severely underrated in zoning, I stomp casuals with Deadpool and Drones.

shaowebb

Dahbomb said:
Magneto and Sentinel is lame as fuck. You can probably add Taskmaster/Doom/Dormammu/Trish/MODOK/Phoenix/Deadpool/Chris to that team and it will became infuriating. Deadpool is severely underrated in zoning, I stomp casuals with Deadpool and Drones.

I love the classics :D

I also remember running into a guy running Doom/Magneto/ Deadpool once online.
He ran finger lasers w/disruptors and would swap to Deadpool's shot occasionally. It was infuriating considering I was using my old Haggar/Ryu/ Sentinel team. I had to hard drive to get in on him eventually.

Azure J

shaowebb said:
My current pick for going lame is:
Trish/Ghost Rider/Dr Strange = Team Keep Away

Traps, orb barricades, mixups, hypers that home, OTG hypers, air hypers, and full screen spam out the yin yang. They may not be the fastest, but I'm betting they are the lamest.

Dr. Strange works on/is going to be on so many teams... And I fucking love it. :)

Deadpool is seriously underrated in general. Great character. With a lot of BS being removed, I expect him to be more prominent.

Dr. Strange works on/is going to be on so many teams... And I fucking love it. :)
A part of me wonders if Dr. Strange can handle Dormammu; his rushdown is better than Strange's, and Dormammu's normals destroy projectiles. I wonder if Dormammu and Sentinel can destroy his little glyphs.

Dahbomb

Glyphs can be destroyed right?

If they buff up Shuma then he might be a counter pick to both Phoenix and Dr Strange.

Deadpool is criminally overused online and in casuals yet criminally underused in tournaments and high level play. Also, I am EXTREMELY positive that they are going to give his LVL3 counter meter removing ability too like Phoenix Wright's LVL3. In fact, I am seeing this trend with a some other hypers too (Ghost Rider's LVL3 removes meters too). Should be another way to deal with Phoenix, try to get her into one of those LVL3s.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Deadpool is deceptively not easy to use or build a team around. Combination of low health and:

- outside of standing and crouching L and Overhead, his normals are mediocre to bad(bad mostly goes to his air to air). Plus low damage Hypers

- Slow dash and lack of air dash doesn't help his rush down, when he needs to get in. Teleport is ok sometimes.

But i like the guy, ima keep playing him, His XFactors are great, great OTG, a couple of infinites, 2 good Assist you can work with, and fun/great/dangerous projectile game.

Yo Mama!

Azure J

So I'm bored and I went back to watch the Summer Jam matches where yipes ripped shit up with his Dante & Magneto. He really has gone to work and leveled up since the beginning of his Marvel 3 days.

paul187

I got a question for the Dante players. After landing a full screen Million Dollars how do you do the teleport after xfactor canceling? Do you do the bold cancel (d, a+s, d, s)?

Dahbomb

Deadpool has a pretty good wave dash, nice speed/coverage and goes under a ton of stuff. Some of his moves do have a ton of recovery frames though, you really have to be careful with your block strings.

I don't think you need to do Bold cancel after the X Factor. The combo should just be Million Dollars XF cancel Teleport, j.S. You should be X factoring right before the last twirling attack hits of the hyper.

Razor210

Karst, can we do the "I block Phoenix and punish when possible" exercise, rather than the "You chase after me and try to avoid homing balls of flame" exercise next time? At least I learned I need to get practice with other characters...ggs.

Karst, can we do the "I block Phoenix and punish when possible" exercise, rather than the "You chase after me and try to avoid homing balls of flame" exercise next time? At least I learned I need to get practice with other characters...ggs.
Haha, ggs. I got better at opening you up with her when rushing as time went on - a lot more overheads used post-teleport. That Dark Phoenix blockstring is hilarious - can you believe that TK Overdrive L is +2 on block, and her c.L has 3 frames of startup? I can just do c.L, c.M, TK Overdrive L all day and gain huge meter while dealing chip unless you pushblock it perfectly, and then I'm just a dash and a c.L away from being back in there doing it again. Normal Phoenix unfortunately has to work a lot harder.

I was also really happy that I did my Phoenix bnb once under pressure, and did some other versions of it a few other times, instead of my panicky c.LMHS, sj.MMH, f+H, S. Slooowly getting better.

I think the big problem with handling her on point is that she's easy to kill, but it still requires meter, and my opponent doesn't have a way of getting meter besides getting shot at, which isn't very desirable. With the characters you used though, here are some tricks that other people have killed me with in the past:

Hulk: Gamma Charge H, cancel into Gamma Crush as soon as I start to shoot a fireball.
Taskmaster: wavedash under me and Legion Arrow MH
Storm: chase and spam Lighting Attack - it moves her fast enough to catch me before TK Shot H comes out a good portion of the time

USD

Apparently there's going to be a Filipino Champ-Smooth Viper money match at Season's Beatings: Velocity. FT10, $1K.

Tobe

Karsticles said:
Hulk: Gamma Charge H, cancel into Gamma Crush as soon as I start to shoot a fireball.
Taskmaster: wavedash under me and Legion Arrow MH
Storm: chase and spam Lighting Attack - it moves her fast enough to catch me before TK Shot H comes out a good portion of the time

very important thing about phoenix is not only thinking who is the character on point but the character that comes next (ideally phoenix players must kill 2 and a half characters before regular phoenix, well at least that's my goal) , DHC'ing can cause a lot of trouble to phoenix (haven't happened to me but i constantly use it against other phoenix users)

storm's hail super is 1 frame if DHC'ed, thus creating a scenario where phoenix zoning is the best option can probably be the worst, example: wolverine vs phoenix, sure phoenix going to spam salty balls all day long but a smart berserker charge into gravity squeeze or any full screen super for that matter means trouble to phoenix.

this is the principal of any good anti-phoenix team, example: jwong's wolverine/storm/akuma can use this. a really good point character, a good phoenix punish, godlike assist.

FYI Tobe, the context of our discussion is me using Phoenix on point. So, while your advice is good in general, it does not much apply to this specific situation.

Dahbomb

If Capcom gives Tron's LVL3 hyper meter removing ability like Ghost Rider, then that is just going to be hilarious. People will be trying to recreate Viscant/PRBalrog moment all the time against Phoenix using Tron.

pimpchair_thumb.jpg

I lol'd.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
biosnake20 said:
Champ is gonna body him if thats true.
Yup. Smoothviper doesn't stand a chance

Dahbomb said:
If Capcom gives Tron's LVL3 hyper meter removing ability like Ghost Rider, then that is just going to be hilarious. People will be trying to recreate Viscant/PRBalrog moment all the time against Phoenix using Tron.
If your dumb enough to get caught by her gun moves, you deserve to lose meter. I think that, should it not be in the middle/end of a combo, those should steal a bit of meter instantly if she should get one of those meter-stealing moves, though I think she's fine in that dept.

I think meter-stealing is becoming way too common. As someone who plays a meter-heavy team, I would sometimes rather die than burn a bar of meter with one of my characters. It's just that precious to me. It's a trend that is really more in favor of rushdown. Wolverine doesn't give a crap about how much meter he has. Dormammu does.

Top Bottom