• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx said:
http://www.twitch.tv/live_oratory/b/294135676

anybody want to see my fight with quotes? go to part 3 and go to 14:20 in. lol i was real nervous and even screwed up a couple of combos.
Good shit, I went to bed before that.

Hey at least MarlinPie called you godlike AND you 3-0'd Quotes with that lame team :p

Anth0ny said:
LOL fucking burn
The slightly amusing bit is Carter IV has a song called Megaman on it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
http://www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive/

Riley and I are going to get started with casuals soon. Let me know if the sound is awful and if I should mute the webcam so that you get game audio only.

Edit: Stream chat isn't really working for me so any feedback would have to be here.

Edit 2: God I'm so rusty against good Wolverines.

Tobe

Sixfortyfive said:
http://www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive/

Riley and I are going to get started with casuals soon. Let me know if the sound is awful and if I should mute the webcam so that you get game audio only.

Edit: Stream chat isn't really working for me so any feedback would have to be here.

Edit 2: God I'm so rusty against good Wolverines.

the sound is not awful but cause we are getting audio from the game and webcam you hear everything twice.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Tobe1 said:
the sound is not awful but cause we are getting audio from the game and webcam you hear everything twice.
Any better now? I muted the speakers on the laptop so there should be less of a feedback loop.

Probably not going to hook up a dedicated headset because nobody is going to want to cram into this corner the laptop is in to do commentary, haha.

Tobe

Sixfortyfive said:
Any better now? I muted the speakers on the laptop so there should be less of a feedback loop.

Probably not going to hook up a dedicated headset because nobody is going to want to cram into this corner the laptop is in to do commentary, haha.

yep way better, also stream is really smooth what is your upload?

LogicStep

Can someone explain to me or show me a tutorial or something of how She-Hulk's run stance reset works? I keep trying and trying but it just doesn't work for me.

shaowebb

God this sucks. I am so near to these games yet so far. I'm home for lunch now, I get off at 10, but I have to go directly to class to finish polymodeling a character in Maya.

Attempt a Sent/Ryu/Spencer team and remember me Sixfortyfive ;_;

EDIT: DAMN. Nice finish by Psycho Blue taking out Snadmonkey's Rufus with an ultra counter by Sagat.

Great stream guys.

Gotta wait until Thursday in order to get a stable internet connection again...
AzureJericho said:
Big2033: The Carter IV is ass
» Hsien Ko > The Carter IV
Bellomang: hsien ko...better than something?
Big2033: yep

My. Fucking. God. :lol
:lol

shaowebb

Just got home and popped this on in the background as I continue modeling for class.

See a Morrigan and Shuma going nuts on each other and immediately know who is playing.
Get in there and watch this everyone whose on. Crazy stuff goes on with Sixfortyfive's local gang. A lot of odd ball cast show up.

edit: aaaaaaand muted because as I model all I can hear is SOULFIST! SOULFIST! SOULFIST! SOULFIST! SOULFIST!
lol
God I gotta find a way to have ZBrush open and this stream at the same time without it cutting off half my damned toolset buttons...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
Just got home and popped this on in the background as I continue modeling for class.

See a Morrigan and Shuma going nuts on each other and immediately know who is playing.
Get in there and watch this everyone whose on. Crazy stuff goes on with Sixfortyfive's local gang. A lot of odd ball cast show up.

edit: aaaaaaand muted because as I model all I can hear is SOULFIST! SOULFIST! SOULFIST! SOULFIST! SOULFIST!
lol
God I gotta find a way to have ZBrush open and this stream at the same time without it cutting off half my damned toolset buttons...
If your using windows 7, snap the windows to each half side of the screen?

I'm sure you've made some provocative model of Iron Fist sometime or another, SHOW US.

I went back to the local tournament this week. Won my first match, lost the next two in a row >__> Today, I learned to hate the divekick and the berserker slash >__< The one that had it the worst in my team was Dorm, I just didn't know what I should be doing. The worst part is that wasn't even a Wolverine that knew his character that well, he never charged to safety after a blocked something and at times would just randomly do it from full screen away.

Hey Karst, any tips vs Wolvie for a fellow Dorm player? :(

I went back to the local tournament this week. Won my first match, lost the next two in a row >__> Today, I learned to hate the divekick and the berserker slash >__< The one that had it the worst in my team was Dorm, I just didn't know what I should be doing. The worst part is that wasn't even a Wolverine that knew his character that well, he never charged to safety after a blocked something and at times would just randomly do it from full screen away.

Hey Karst, any tips vs Wolvie for a fellow Dorm player? :(
Against a bad Wolverine, you can just turtle behind Flame Carpet. With my team, I'll chip out Wolverine from 100 to 0 with Stalking Flare just to get him out of there. Against a good Wolverine, you essentially have to rush and hope he screws up - it's just not a fight that can be won for Dormammu in the current metagame without a little luck, he's too fricken slow unless you have Lariat backing you.

I recommend just not using Dormammu on point. Ideally, your team can be played in a variety of orders. Notice how ComboFiend used Spencer on point against F. Champ at Evo instead of She-Hulk. Why? Because Spencer can get to Mangeto a lot easier than She-Hulk can, and he handles Dormammu the best of all three of his characters.

Man I was gonna go to Southtown tomorrow but there's no ranbats until the 18th. I guess I'll just hit Dragon Lounge next time. San Fran is so much better than where I was living. I've played maybe an hour of Marvel the past 2 weeks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God's Beard said:
Man I was gonna go to Southtown tomorrow but there's no ranbats until the 18th. I guess I'll just hit Dragon Lounge next time. San Fran is so much better than where I was living. I've played maybe an hour of Marvel the past 2 weeks.
Only an hour of Marvel now is better than before?

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
If your using windows 7, snap the windows to each half side of the screen?

I'm sure you've made some provocative model of Iron Fist sometime or another, SHOW US.

Its actually in the works. This semester I have to model an environment and base block model the topology for my final reel next year starring a sentai-like character.

HOW DID YOU KNOW I WOULD MODEL IRONFIST!?

@_@

So easy to predict lol

Karsticles said:
Against a bad Wolverine, you can just turtle behind Flame Carpet. With my team, I'll chip out Wolverine from 100 to 0 with Stalking Flare just to get him out of there. Against a good Wolverine, you essentially have to rush and hope he screws up - it's just not a fight that can be won for Dormammu in the current metagame without a little luck, he's too fricken slow unless you have Lariat backing you.

I recommend just not using Dormammu on point. Ideally, your team can be played in a variety of orders. Notice how ComboFiend used Spencer on point against F. Champ at Evo instead of She-Hulk. Why? Because Spencer can get to Mangeto a lot easier than She-Hulk can, and he handles Dormammu the best of all three of his characters.

Well, I try not to have a Dorm vs Wolvering matchup, but when he's the only one left or my only other character left has barely any yellow life and needs to recover it's not like I can do much about that =/ So pretty much the only real answer is "don't even get in that situation in the first place" then, kinda sad really.

Speaking of team order, what do you think would be the best order I could use for my team? I really like the DHC synergy of Zero on point, Dorm in the middle, and Ammy as anchor if only because I really like Rekoha->Stalking Flare for some reason. Still, Dorm does benefit more of XF3 than Ammy, so in a way he could make a better anchor. Honestly though, the only reason I tend to always have Ammy as anchor is because I feel I play the best with her.

Well, I try not to have a Dorm vs Wolvering matchup, but when he's the only one left or my only other character left has barely any yellow life and needs to recover it's not like I can do much about that =/ So pretty much the only real answer is "don't even get in that situation in the first place" then, kinda sad really.
If Dormammu is your only character left, I hope you saved XF3 with him. 4 Stalking Flares (IIRC) in XF3 will kill Wolverine through chip damage. Random Chaotic Flames can pay off in XF3, and XFCing blockstun into his level 3 is a possibility. Dormammu also becomes better at rushing in XF3 from his 15% speed boost, and his bnb does over 1 million easy.

Speaking of team order, what do you think would be the best order I could use for my team? I really like the DHC synergy of Zero on point, Dorm in the middle, and Ammy as anchor if only because I really like Rekoha->Stalking Flare for some reason. Still, Dorm does benefit more of XF3 than Ammy, so in a way he could make a better anchor. Honestly though, the only reason I tend to always have Ammy as anchor is because I feel I play the best with her.
I think this is a case where the clear winner for best anchor isn't clear, but Zero is without a doubt your best point character. Dormammu backed by Amaterasu is probably stronger than vice versa. I haven't messed with it, but if you're using Cold Stars for Amaterasu, try doing this with Dormammu:
trijump S/H, c.M, Cold Stars, Mass Change M. It's a good mix-up in theory, and I bet it works in practice as well.

Well, it's pretty much the same thing as with Zero I guess, just with an actual teleport rather than the command dash. I need to start rushing more with Dorm first though.

smurfx

get some go again
zero can be good against random berserker slashes. i don't use him that often as i would rather use taskmaster to zone him out but i usually catch wolverines by just jumping up and hitting H. lots of wolverine players try that berserker slash crap at the start of the match and i always jump H with zero and catch them and build my 2nd meter quick and then TAC to taskmaster and end the combo with his hyper and then use sougenmmu with the 2nd meter i just build and then i am prepared to zone the shit out of wolverine with haggar as back up when he does get through.

smurfx

get some go again
2nvytxf.jpg

enzo_gt said:
Only an hour of Marvel now is better than before?
My bad man I misread. No, I mean San Fran is a better city, I've been doing all kinds of shit every day. I signed up for the Fighting game club at my uni, though. Mostly trying to meet as many wild people as I can, which so far is a lot. I live on the opposite side of the city as I did when I went to State, so it's pretty interesting. Looking forward to the Folsom Street Fair this month more than any of the Marvel events, lol.

Besides, I want Ultimate so bad that I've been playing more SF4, which is pretty unusual for me.

smurfx

get some go again
God's Beard said:
My bad man I misread. No, I mean San Fran is a better city, I've been doing all kinds of shit every day. I signed up for the Fighting game club at my uni, though. Mostly trying to meet as many wild people as I can, which so far is a lot. I live on the opposite side of the city as I did when I went to State, so it's pretty interesting. Looking forward to the Folsom Street Fair this month more than any of the Marvel events, lol.

Besides, I want Ultimate so bad that I've been playing more SF4, which is pretty unusual for me.
get a 360 and play on there! we need to recruit you for 360 mahvel gaf.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
Well God's Beard, you have to participate in Kadey's tournament now, so you must spend more time in Marvel! ;-)
Kadey said she'll be getting the 360 version of UMvC3 this time around right?

*patiently awaits superior 360 tournament*

EDIT:
Kadey said:
Ultimate will be on 360.
SUPERIORGAF, AAAAAAASSEMBLEEEEEEE!

Ughhh, I just played a bunch of ranked and player matches to test the connection at my new apartment. SO ASS. Everything moves so slow, I can't control anything :/

smurfx

get some go again
Anth0ny said:
WNF starts again this week!

School starts again this week! ; _ ;
but it won't be at its last location which was close to my house. ;_; its now in walnut california and that is 30+ miles from my house. >: i might go to that tournament in long beach that will have the box arena vs that event. i forgot the name of it. maybe i can play viscant in person before his team is nerfed to hell in ultimate.

Kadey said she'll be getting the 360 version of UMvC3 this time around right?

*patiently awaits superior 360 tournament*
I'm not really jealous. Absolutely no offense intended to Kadey.

Ughhh, I just played a bunch of ranked and player matches to test the connection at my new apartment. SO ASS. Everything moves so slow, I can't control anything :/
Let Kadey know so she can figure something else out then. :p

Sixfortyfive said:
Oh no, 30 miles.

I'd kill to only have to drive 30 miles for quality weeklies.

To be fair, in socal 30 miles can take almost 2 hours sometimes, especially during after 3pm going west to east.

I live in socal and I hate traffic, haha. Probably spoiled as well for having tournies/arcades out here.

Sixfortyfive said:
Oh no, 30 miles.

I'd kill to only have to drive 30 miles for quality weeklies.
You'd probably hate the shit out of me since I live in New York City and I don't head out for the local stuff.

I really need to get out there. Going to try and do something about that if I can manage my classes/personal time properly.

Tobe

Karsticles said:
New C. Viper technology:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c7vk3GmzHiM

Before she was a sleeper top tier, but now...sleeper god tier with that Amaterasu setup?

You have to be careful when balancing characters, lest they become too strong. That's why Hsien-ko can't have good pressure like this.
rofl

YO DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel bad for not picking her up earlier since i used her in sfiv.
this is some godlike stuff i hope marlin pie uses it soon.

Karsticles said:
New C. Viper technology:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c7vk3GmzHiM

Before she was a sleeper top tier, but now...sleeper god tier with that Amaterasu setup?
That's not new technology, it's all been known for the past couple months. I even posted about the frame advantage and mixups before with the same numbers they used. I can't believe that video didn't even mention how pushblocking fucks up most of those mixups. You need a good lockdown assist to do it more than once or twice. If you're an insane person, you can start it by jump canceling a seismo into a Viper Ball to get in that range.

The main problem is that C.Viper already has much better mixups than the majority of the cast, the idea with her isn't finding absolute mixups like this, but bringing them down to a consistent level of execution. There are a lot of tricks for evening the edges out of her execution without sacrificing too much of her speed and damage. Even Marlinpie cuts down a lot of his tech so that it's reliable in a match. I personally try to find the strongest combos with her I can, then start chopping. Trying to get to 1m for 2 bars without going to crazy on the links.

smurfx

get some go again
God's Beard said:
That's not new technology, it's all been known for the past couple months. I even posted about the frame advantage and mixups before with the same numbers they used. I can't believe that video didn't even mention how pushblocking fucks up most of those mixups. You need a good lockdown assist to do it more than once or twice. If you're an insane person, you can start it by jump canceling a seismo into a Viper Ball to get in that range.

The main problem is that C.Viper already has much better mixups than the majority of the cast, the idea with her isn't finding absolute mixups like this, but bringing them down to a consistent level of execution. There are a lot of tricks for evening the edges out of her execution without sacrificing too much of her speed and damage. Even Marlinpie cuts down a lot of his tech so that it's reliable in a match. I personally try to find the strongest combos with her I can, then start chopping. Trying to get to 1m for 2 bars without going to crazy on the links.
nobody likes breath of fire? why you son of a...

I still can't believe that it took me so long to realize that I was right when I thought C.Viper was the best character in the game before it came out. Everything I ever thought was one of her weaknesses has been completely destroyed.

• eats too much meter - she builds a shit ton of meter and has 700k+ meterless combos
  • crap assists/only good on point - what I thought was her worst assist at first(thunder knuckle), turned out to be her best by far, invincible alpha counter into kill combo
  • too high execution - tons of shortcuts and tricks to bring the barrier down, can change combos on the fly in reaction to bad timing/positioning easily with EX BK
  • crap normals - hitconfirms from mid screen, dash S xx seismo is a great counter poke
  • killed by push block - NOPE.
  • requires specific situations for max potential - can fucking UNLOAD, anywhere, any time, off anything.
  • hard to DHC - soft knockdowns on everything make her one of the best DHC starters in the game

I really think she's a better character than Wolverine and Phoenix in Vanilla right now by virtue of having zero weaknesses and godlike control. And unlike most players, I think she's best in the 2nd slot.

With air x-factor and nerfed opposition, she's in a great position to take over Ultimate. I think the only thing holding her back is the relatively few people unlocking her compared to Phoenix/Dante, etc. If as many people played her as other top characters, she'd be even stronger than Marlinpie and others are showing.

Top Bottom