• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Hmm? It's just when I have my real country in the system settings it prioritizes matching me with European players, which may be good in theory but in the case of Marvel this usually means I'm sitting in training mode for 15 mins in between games only to be matched with the same damn players over and over again. Besides that my connection is fairly decent (16 mbit/s) so it's not like I'm dooming everyone I play to lag hell matches.
It bothers me because I get stuck in laggy matches all the time with people lying about where they're from. It doesn't matter how good your connection is, you're from the other side of the world in a game with bad netcode.

I wish the game chose your location automatically. It's just so indecent to put other people through that. If I wanted to play with someone from Europe/Russian/Japan, I'd set the Region to "Any". I don't though, and I don't know why some people can't respect that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lazy vs Crazy said:
Break stream is the best.

Jaxel: Is it Mugetsu or Rogue Yoshi?
Some Guy: Yo Mugetsu is his slave name, given to him by Triforce.
YO DAMN.

EDIT: I agree with commentators, I fucking hate the Ammy matchup more than Wolverine, more than anything.

EDIT2: Everytime I watch MarlinPie play, I'm convinced in the moment that he's the greatest Marvel player there is. If you saw that fucking Magneto combo correction, you know.

EDIT3: Kyohei exposed, Nina wearing the pants in the relationship.

Nyoro SF

Yeah, setting your region incorrectly is very rude unless you're doing some strategic positioning from Canada or Mexico to the USA.

If you're in Europe, I don't want to play you in MvC3, because then I'm not really playing MvC3 anymore, I'm watching a slideshow. It seems to defeat the purpose of getting more matches if they are all awful.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LOL @ NINA'S REACTION TO GOATSE AND LEMONPARTY.

MastaCJ with that R. Kelly.

Nina: "I JUST SAW A BIG ASS DICK, AND I DONT WANT TO SEE THAT SHIT"
Jaxel: "Is that why your with MarlinPie?"

YO THE BREAK IS THE BEST.

Azure J

enzo, I am so salty that this stream isn't holding up on my end right now, this shit sounds like fucking gold. :lol

Tonight was such a great way to start my school year. Break, Nintendo shenanigans and GAF, I salute you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:
enzo, I am so salty that this stream isn't holding up on my end right now, this shit sounds like fucking gold. :lol

Tonight was such a great way to start my school year. Break, Nintendo shenanigans and GAF, I salute you.
Every single week I forget that the break is on, and whenever someone mentions it, I hastily open it and get sucked into watching it for hours.

Closed it now for AE, but yo damn that was a burn if I've seen one.

Now, I've got to go pack my own shit for school tomorrow.

smurfx

get some go again
20afewx.jpg

love that the marlinpie rape face got posted.

Tobe1 said:
am i rude guys :( ?
why what happened?

Tobe

Nyoro SF said:
Yeah, setting your region incorrectly is very rude unless you're doing some strategic positioning from Canada or Mexico to the USA.

If you're in Europe, I don't want to play you in MvC3, because then I'm not really playing MvC3 anymore, I'm watching a slideshow. It seems to defeat the purpose of getting more matches if they are all awful.

this happened

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Karsticles said:
It bothers me because I get stuck in laggy matches all the time with people lying about where they're from. It doesn't matter how good your connection is, you're from the other side of the world in a game with bad netcode.

I wish the game chose your location automatically. It's just so indecent to put other people through that. If I wanted to play with someone from Europe/Russian/Japan, I'd set the Region to "Any". I don't though, and I don't know why some people can't respect that.

Jesus, I didn't know this was such a huge deal. I rarely rarely ever get slideshow matches though and when I do it's always against very specific players rather than countries. I haven't gotten any hatemail concerning lag. The problem is if I don't do this the matchmaking may as well vanish for me and there being no local scene here whatsoever that means I can't enjoy a game I really love. Even if I set the region to Any little to no matches pop up otherwise.

smurfx

get some go again
ugh i fucking give up already. i've been trying to fix my problem with xbox live and not being able to invite people to matches. i've port forwarded and did everything the guides tell me to do and it still doesn't do shit. guess i always have to rely on people to invite me. don't want to get another router. weird thing is that i've been able to sent out invites on rare occasions. not lately but i did a while back.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
smurfx said:
ugh i fucking give up already. i've been trying to fix my problem with xbox live and not being able to invite people to matches. i've port forwarded and did everything the guides tell me to do and it still doesn't do shit. guess i always have to rely on people to invite me. don't want to get another router.

Just sent you a friend request although, I get the feeling you'll utterly demolish me having watched those matches with Mr Quotes. I have no good answer to the Haggar assist.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx said:
ugh i fucking give up already. i've been trying to fix my problem with xbox live and not being able to invite people to matches. i've port forwarded and did everything the guides tell me to do and it still doesn't do shit. guess i always have to rely on people to invite me. don't want to get another router. weird thing is that i've been able to sent out invites on rare occasions. not lately but i did a while back.
Is your NAT open? Have you checked?

Jesus, I didn't know this was such a huge deal. I rarely rarely ever get slideshow matches though and when I do it's always against very specific players rather than countries. I haven't gotten any hatemail concerning lag. The problem is if I don't do this the matchmaking may as well vanish for me and there being no local scene here whatsoever that means I can't enjoy a game I really love. Even if I set the region to Any little to no matches pop up otherwise.
Sometimes I wonder if the lag experience is similar on both ends; I've been in nigh-slideshow fights before that I want to exit out of ASAP, and my opponent will hit "Rematch", which blows my mind. I've yet to play someone outside of the US that I didn't have a bad connection with, but those I play often think the connection is good because it's all they ever play and experience.

syztem

Neo Member
I've had really laggy games where I've autopilot hit rematch without thinking, I'm sure I'm not the only one whose done that.

Nils said:

Yeah, I think people are going in on you way too hard here, Marvel is a crap-shoot no matter what region you're playing against. People are more likely to have issues with people inside their own region with shitty connection than they with you and your decent connection. You wouldn't be playing outside of your region if the majority of matches you had weren't playable.

With that said do I have you on my friends list Nils? We should play some games some time soon.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Spirit of Jazz said:
Yeah, I think people are going in on you way too hard here, Marvel is a crap-shoot no matter what region you're playing against. People are more likely to have issues with people inside their own region with shitty connection than they with you and your decent connection. You wouldn't be playing outside of your region if the majority of matches you had weren't playable.

With that said do I have you on my friends list Nils? We should play some games some time soon.

You do have me on your friends list and you whooped my ass pretty thoroughly the last time we played.

I have never looked at the region misleading as deliberately inconveniencing others. In fact, my region being listed as US was a relic of the days of 1 vs 100, which was a fantastic game but otherwise not playable in my country. I didn't even know the game prioritizes games based on that setting until I switched it to Belgium and noticed a very significant drop in the number of matches. Sitting in training mode for 30 minutes only to occasionally encounter the same player again isn't very fun and actual connection-wise I didn't experience anything different. Most matches were just as fluid, and more than enough were quite a lot worse than the average match I have with US players.

Tobe

smurfx said:
have you ever thought that the problem may not be on your side, if you have done everything in your power to fix it, then maybe its just the other end that's having the problems.

smurfx

get some go again
Tobe1 said:
have you ever thought that the problem may not be on your side, if you have done everything in your power to fix it, then maybe its just the other end that's having the problems.
i'm going to try hooking up my 360 directly to my modem instead of my router and see if that fixes anything. if it does then i at least know its my router that is the problem.

syztem

Neo Member
Are you sure your "modem" is not acting as a router as well? If so, put your router in your modem's DMZ, and all of your problems will be solved.

Most ISP's these days use modems that are really modem/router built in one. An easy way to check since you're obviously familar with your router config is to see what IP it is being assigned by your modem.

If it's an internal IP, your modem is acting as a router as well.

smurfx

get some go again
syztem said:
Are you sure your "modem" is not acting as a router as well? If so, put your router in your modem's DMZ, and all of your problems will be solved.

Most ISP's these days use modems that are really modem/router built in one. An easy way to check since you're obviously familar with your router config is to see what IP it is being assigned by your modem.

If it's an internal IP, your modem is acting as a router as well.
i have a netgear router connected to a cisco modem that came with my cable internet. don't think there is anyway to access the cisco modem. i put my 360's ip on my routers DMZ and still nothing.

syztem

Neo Member
smurfx said:
i have a netgear router connected to a cisco modem that came with my cable internet. don't think there is anyway to access the cisco modem. i put my 360's ip on my routers DMZ and still nothing.

I'd honestly be surprised if there wasn't a way to modify the modem settings.

What's the model of the cisco modem? pretty easy to verify with some quick googling

smurfx

get some go again
syztem said:
I'd honestly be surprised if there wasn't a way to modify the modem settings.

What's the model of the cisco modem? pretty easy to verify with some quick googling
all it says on the box is 2100. trust me ive searched for every possible solution.

Neki

Spirit of Jazz said:
Did he set it up so his opponents entire team had their controls reversed in that last match? That made me want to play MODOK more than I should.
someone on PSN gaf always tries to do that to me with MODOK. they usually only get one char though, lol.

LakeEarth

Spirit of Jazz said:
Did he set it up so his opponents entire team had their controls reversed in that last match? That made me want to play MODOK more than I should.
Yes. Entirely for fun too, as he had the meter to kill the character right there.

smurfx

get some go again
gg tobe. i was finally able to control your phoenix. it was getting depressing losing to her. still wasn't able to send game invites when i directly connected my xbox to my modem. looks like its either the modem or the 360 now. lol maybe my bad gamer rep has something to do with not being able to send game invites?

Tobe1 said:
fuck taskmaster.
i'm still salty about the 3rd match. i did not mean to do that counter thing with task. i was going to shield charge you and that would of won me the match and instead i got roflstomped.

Tobe

smurfx said:
gg tobe. i was finally able to control your phoenix. it was getting depressing losing to her. still wasn't able to send game invites when i directly connected my xbox to my modem. looks like its either the modem or the 360 now. lol maybe my bad gamer rep has something to do with not being able to send game invites?

i'm still salty about the 3rd match. i did not mean to do that counter thing with task. i was going to shield charge you and that would of won me the match and instead i got roflstomped.

im salty not really cause of the lameness, not because you played a lot better than me today, im salty cause of the fucking shield skill. HOW FUCKING BIG IS THE HITBOX?!!!

also i hate that phoenix is easily my best character and i cant use her because of fucking 450k health :( i just want regular jean damn you capcom !!!

smurfx

get some go again
syztem said:
http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/modem_DPC2100.html

That it?

If so, you're right, it's just a dumb modem, no routing capabilities, so that's not your problem
yeah that's it. wonder if its my xbox live account then. xbox live never sent me a message saying i was being punished and i could not send game invites. although don't they also stop you from sending messages when they punish you? although i never sent messages with profanity and other stuff to people. just general trash talk at the beginning of marvel. don't really do that these days. well i do when i fight some high ranking guy that rage quits. never curse at them though.

Tobe1 said:
im salty not really cause of the lameness, not because you played a lot better than me today, im salty cause of the fucking shield skill. HOW FUCKING BIG IS THE HITBOX?!!!

also i hate that phoenix is easily my best character and i cant use her because of fucking 450k health :( i just want regular jean damn you capcom !!!
i thought you were going to practice your dormammu zoning team? i was waiting for you to use that team.

Tobe

smurfx said:
yeah that's it. wonder if its my xbox live account then. xbox live never sent me a message saying i was being punished and i could not send game invites. although don't they also stop you from sending messages when they punish you? although i never sent messages with profanity and other stuff to people. just general trash talk at the beginning of marvel. don't really do that these days. well i do when i fight some high ranking guy that rage quits. never curse at them though.

i thought you were going to practice your dormammu zoning team? i was waiting for you to use that team.

i still dont feel confident using that team yet, still doing practice mode to get a really annoying dorm.

JeTmAn81

Tobe1 said:

Taskmaster is easy mode. Option selects off B+H all day. Whenever I start doing badly with higher execution characters like my Dante, I switch to Taskmaster and just coast on his super easy effective move set. Arrows plus drones assist are annoying, I almost feel ashamed zoning out Tron with that.

I use normal Phoenix on point and go 50/50 against good players. I just call Dark Harmonizer constantly so she always has meter to save her butt with Phoenix Rage and has a good chance of going Dark while solo on point.

syztem

Neo Member
Pretty dangerous strategy, considering 1 hit and you're dead with 0 resources spent. Bet it makes for interesting games though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
syztem said:
Pretty dangerous strategy, considering 1 hit and you're dead with 0 resources spent. Bet it makes for interesting games though.
Yeah I'm not a fan of the Phoenix-on-point strategy, especially when justified with "Well she's viable when she has a healing field on her!" Way too much of a risk, your essentially creating a problem for yourself and then mending the rest of your team synergy and choices around keeping her alive.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tobe1 said:
http://i.imgur.com/o4FsW.jpg[IMG]
wtf?![/QUOTE]
That Coma he must've been in spanning a total of 11 games must've been QUITE a feat. Look at all the PP he got from the coma!

Tobe

enzo_gt said:
That Coma he must've been in spanning a total of 11 games must've been QUITE a feat. Look at all the PP he got from the coma!
to make it worse if you see the ranked matches record he has 1 win and 2 losses everything else were just player matches lol. shoutouts to xbl hackers :p

Top Bottom