• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Pretty dangerous strategy, considering 1 hit and you're dead with 0 resources spent. Bet it makes for interesting games though.
It makes for very interesting games, and the only matchups I find especially difficult are Skrull, Hidden Missiles, and Jam Session. The rest I can handle pretty well so far.

If Phoenix dies at the very start, it doesn't really upset me, because I just understand that's part of this team, haha. What does irritate me is when I get 5 bars with Phoenix, go Dark, die quickly, and then Dormammu has no meter - very irritating. Dark Phoenix is very difficult to play (IMO) without X-Factor backing her. There's a real fight to get 1 bar of meter so I can put up Healing Field before she drains out.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Phoenix-on-point strategy, especially when justified with "Well she's viable when she has a healing field on her!" Way too much of a risk, your essentially creating a problem for yourself and then mending the rest of your team synergy and choices around keeping her alive.
I don't bother with Healing Field on her just because in 9/10 situations, while Healing Field saves you from up-close damage, your opponent has a ranged hyper, and it won't help you at all when you get Shinku'd at the end of that combo. That or Healing Field wears off mid-combo and you die anyway. I only use it when she's Dark.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Nils said:
I have never looked at the region misleading as deliberately inconveniencing others.
I set my region search to "same" specifically to avoid overseas players for the same reasons as Karst, though I'm sympathetic to your situation and wouldn't hold it against you. I've been in the same situation with VOOT, which had a ~98% Japanese playerbase (although it had much better netcode).

smurfx said:
i have a netgear router connected to a cisco modem that came with my cable internet. don't think there is anyway to access the cisco modem.
It has an IP address that you can use to check the status page in your browser. Not sure how to retrieve it though. Try 192.168.100.1. Or check the default gateway IP in your router's status page immediately after powering it on to see if it's temporarily using the modem's IP in that field.

smurfx

get some go again
Sixfortyfive said:
It has an IP address that you can use to check the status page in your browser. Not sure how to retrieve it though. Try 192.168.100.1. Or check the default gateway IP in your router's status page immediately after powering it on to see if it's temporarily using the modem's IP in that field.
i was able to access a page but there is no options to do anything. wondering if its my xbox that is the problem.

smurfx

get some go again
zomg game invites are working right now.

edit: herp derp i think it was me not knowing how to send game invites all along. i assumed you could send game invites as long as mvc3 was on. didn't know i had to be searching for player matches for it to work. pretty much bought a 360 for marvel and i've never really learned too much about it.

Oh man, that Clockwork win against Combofiend is one of the great things I've ever seen. How many Phoenix players will burn a bar of meter, as Phoenix, to kill their opponent's second character?

smurfx

get some go again
Karsticles said:
Oh man, that Clockwork win against Combofiend is one of the great things I've ever seen. How many Phoenix players will burn a bar of meter, as Phoenix, to kill their opponent's second character?
i couldn't believe it. i thought he had made a huge error since he had just a few pixels of life left but he did it.

edit: clockwork taking his first WFN. clockwork tearing shit up today.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx said:
i couldn't believe it. i thought he had made a huge error since he had just a few pixels of life left but he did it.

edit: clockwork taking his first WFN. clockwork tearing shit up today.
Clockw0rk won one the season before the last one, didn't he? I remember it being a big deal then too.

syztem

Neo Member
He had no answer for Tron of all characters, pretty funny set.

They need to start doing running sets for mvc3 with other players than Mike, he's just getting stomped. Lets see Flash vs Combo or Clockwork.

JeTmAn81

enzo_gt said:
Clockw0rk won one the season before the last one, didn't he? I remember it being a big deal then too.

I believe there was a Grand Finals that came down to Clock vs. Richard Nguyen where the commentators were saying this would be the first WNF win for whoever won. Richard won that one, so I guess until last night Clockw0rk still had not won.

Dahbomb

Yeah this was Clockwork's first win. Man it's been too long. Good thing about Clockwork is that ever since day 1 MVC3 he has been consistently getting better at the game. It's always fun to watch people who have been using the same team since they first got the game and just evolving it from there.

Kimosabae

Banned
Am I the only person that thinks the mentality of quitting Marvel until Ultimate comes out is fucking stupid? Because the game's going to be different in terms of balance you'd forego opportunity to better yourself at the game in general? I think it's dumb, personally.

She-Hulk is an incredible character. So intuitive.

Am I the only person that thinks the mentality of quitting Marvel until Ultimate comes out is fucking stupid? Because the game's going to be different in terms of balance you'd forego opportunity to better yourself at the game in general? I think it's dumb, personally.
While I agree, I also understand that Marvel is a huge time sink, so if you want to do other things besides Marvel while taking Ultimate seriously, now is the perfect time to do so.

Karsticles said:
New C. Viper technology:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c7vk3GmzHiM

Before she was a sleeper top tier, but now...sleeper god tier with that Amaterasu setup?

You have to be careful when balancing characters, lest they become too strong. That's why Hsien-ko can't have good pressure like this.
rofl
I was loling at the joke until I saw the video...

Hsien-Ko would be so broken the game wouldn't even able to ship on time lol.
Tobe1 said:
o4FsW.jpg

wtf?!
Looks like I changed characters just in the knick of time.

Let's do this.
Karsticles said:
While I agree, I also understand that Marvel is a huge time sink, so if you want to do other things besides Marvel while taking Ultimate seriously, now is the perfect time to do so.
Pretty much.

Kimosabae

Banned
Karsticles said:

Well, that's a different situation all-together and isn't the reasoning presented. People I've talked to literally feel like playing the game isn't worth it because Ultimate is out in a few months and these same people aren't even any good at Vanilla.

Well, that's a different situation all-together and isn't the reasoning presented. People I've talked to literally feel like playing the game isn't worth it because Ultimate is out in a few months and these same people aren't even any good at Vanilla.
Ah, well those people are certainly silly. I've done the opposite - I found a team most like the one I want to use in Ultimate in terms of matchup experiences and have played close to a thousand matches with them so I'm coming in with some understanding of the functionality.

Dahbomb

I am taking a break from it for sure. I still play it on and off but not enough to get better at it which requires a lot of time. I have other games to play and some RL stuff to take care of too which has hit me like a truck.

There is a massive Dengue fever epidemic here in Lahore where I am a final year medical student at. It's really crazy here and our hospital is really the only one with the management knowledge of the disease. There is so little information about the disease out there that we are going to be putting out new literature on it for WHO [World Health Organization] to use (classifications of disease, treatment options, diagnosis, investigations... all pretty much figured out by our personnel here). And some of the symptoms/sequele that we have seen here has never been documented... we are getting patients with full blown encephalitis, liver/renal failure on top of intravascular hemorrhage.

smurfx

get some go again
marvel is the only console game i play so i'm not going to stop. plus i'm still trying to improve my taskmaster above all characters since i will be using him in ultimate.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Trying to find a job has cut my gaming time down a lot. I still get in first to twenties, but I'm not progressing how I'd like. Not to mention, some of my friends are brushing back up on their COD skills for MW3. So I've been playing MW2 as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I play like 50% less video games altogether now because I've convinced myself I gotta do better in school/life and spend way too much time on GAF and playing games. Marvel is a huge casualty.

Only to realize that my Posts Per Day is slightly increasing and is already at a ridiculous number :(.

JeTmAn81

Marvel is practically the only game I play, so I'm good on that front. I really should take some time out for some other stuff though, it's been a while since I played my electric guitar :/.

dankir

Parallax Scroll said:
You bastard. I've been on the waiting list for months.

I'm on the waiting list too for the Dual Mod version !! I won a PS3 / PC one on eBay. Going to pick up MvC3 for the triple to practice in the meantime.

shaowebb

I've tried to play lately, but its not really working out with where I'm at with college so I'll probably take this chance for a break myself whether I intended to or not.

I just have a bunch of cool stuff happening with nParticles in Maya, and phoneme work with morphers I need to stick to right now. After all, a dedicated shaowebb is an industry employed shaowebb soon (I hope).

Also, I just found out Cry Engine is free to students to use and if we want to commercialize we can buy a license. This means I have another engine to check through and a service contract to look over. Hopefully its as good as the UDK contract, but if not its definitely no loss if my fallback is coding in Unreal 3.

Busy Busy Busy...

Oh, are we all talking about how we don't play Marvel anymore? Yeah, fuck playing Marvel. I just watch it.

dankir said:
I'm on the waiting list too for the Dual Mod version !! I won a PS3 / PC one on eBay. Going to pick up MvC3 for the triple to practice in the meantime.
You can probably dual mod it yourself, no? Also, it never occurred to me to check ebay. How much did it run you? Is it an official Hitbox?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
GGs Spirit of Jazz. I still got bodied but I think I was a tad less free than before. Felt nice having gutsy Weapon X Primes pay off though I shouldn't have DHC'ed into Taskmaster during that last match, probably wouldn't have eaten half of your Wesker's level 3 and I was a bit confused as to what happened since I was expecting a Rhino Charge.

As for Task, I didn't miss a lot stuff, but I did miss a few air/ground throw into hyper opportunites. Also, I had never seen that Akuma wavedash frenzy online before.

Lastly, that Comadrone guy on the leaderboards is painfully blatantly cheating, so I would suggest people report him.

Jintor

Went to a retro game event last night, played Marvel v Capcom 1 until 11 at night, so much fun

Even scored a few wins despite not being able to figure out what the button config was or how to reliably pull off hypers

LakeEarth

This game is 6 months old, and I just realized the game tells you when your assists are available (next to their picture at the top).

Playing online after a week of no internet was just amazing. The amount of salt, anger and cheap shit flying all over the place has even infected player matches too.

Winning doesn't even feel fun anymore...I need to play with some gaffers before I completely fall out of the routine with this game.

Edit: Who the hell am I kidding? Winning lost it's luster a long time ago lol...

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
Playing online after a week of no internet was just amazing. The amount of salt, anger and cheap shit flying all over the place has even infected player matches too.

Winning doesn't even feel fun anymore...I need to play with some gaffers before I completely fall out of the routine with this game.

Edit: Who the hell am I kidding? Winning lost it's luster a long time ago lol...
you'd be amazed how much hate mail i get for stopping player matches after i've won 3 or 5 games. most of the time its 3-0 or 5-0 and they still hate send hate mail for quitting early. i only play player matches to warm up for ranked.

Dahbomb

Game is way too addicting to just stop playing like that cold turkey. When we have sessions of MVC3 here, no one wants to stop playing and everyone wants their turn to play. I swear if I don't get my turn after 5 matches I start getting anxious. We basically end up playing the entire day and stop when everyone can only just sleep or eat.

smurfx

get some go again
man i need to start going to these game tournaments and make some friends i can play marvel with in real life. none of my real life friends play marvel. they barely play games.

If you need a break from cheap shit, feel free to play me!
rofl

How is your internet now? Much better?

you'd be amazed how much hate mail i get for stopping player matches after i've won 3 or 5 games. most of the time its 3-0 or 5-0 and they still hate send hate mail for quitting early. i only play player matches to warm up for ranked.
The other day I left after going 2-1 against someone because his connection was so bad I was dropping MMHS, but I kept playing because I was waiting for a friend to finish up. He sends me a message: "run away pussy" - like wtf?

Tobe

for some reason i hate when i lose and the guy i lost to sends me a GG message. i mean im cool if its somebody i know but a random dude just gets me salty

LakeEarth

I have FPS online games only friend, story based and sports games only friend, and real-time strategy/RPG only friend. One had an okay SF4 Dhalsim but didn't stick with it.

Top Bottom