• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Tobe

so i was playing team viscant yesterday, and i just stomped this dude with wesker mixups and some help from haggar. he then sends me this message

soon after that he sends the player match invitation and hey im going to prove a point, played my hulk/dorm/doom team, its important to note that i was doing some fancy hulk combos instead of the regular magic series. after beating the guy 3-0 i leave the room and i send him a message saying: Happy now?

he replied very quickly

i went back to ranked matches happy cause i got him to rage, and there i was playing and picked magnus+bff's team, xbl made my day by matching me againts this dude again i lol'ed a lot.
proceeded to style on him, rom into grav loop reset grab, dhc glitch and what not (normally i dont do this combos online cause lag just fuck em up but it was a really good connection)

eventually magneto died cause of a xfactor lvl3 taskmaster.

after beating the guy i found it strange that he wasnt raging. so get into troll mode and messaged him saying:

What no bitching bout magnus+bff's? Im disappointed, go back to smash bros kid.

he took a while to answer me, but he did not in 1 msg but in 2 cause he was really salty :p.

1st msg 2nd msg

on a serious note, normally i wouldnt have anything to say to the guy but the connection was really smooth thus having no excuse to drop combos or anything.

Edit: oh new page.....

shaowebb

Tobe1 said:
so i was playing team viscant yesterday, and i just stomped this dude with wesker mixups and some help from haggar. he then sends me this message

soon after that he sends the player match invitation and hey im going to prove a point, played my hulk/dorm/doom team, its important to note that i was doing some fancy hulk combos instead of the regular magic series. after beating the guy 3-0 i leave the room and i send him a message saying: Happy now?

he replied very quickly

i went back to ranked matches happy cause i got him to rage, and there i was playing and picked magnus+bff's team, xbl made my day by matching me againts this dude again i lol'ed a lot.
proceeded to style on him, rom into grav loop reset grab, dhc glitch and what not (normally i dont do this combos online cause lag just fuck em up but it was a really good connection)

after beating the guy i found it strange that he wasnt raging. so get into troll mode and messaged him saying:

he took a while to answer me, but he did not in 1 msg but in 2 cause he was really salty :p.

1st msg 2nd msg

on a serious note, normally i wouldnt have anything to say to the guy but the connection was really smooth thus having no excuse to drop combos or anything.

LOL.

Dude got beat by every team and every trick and still makes excuses. Learn up a Joe+ Arthur team and kill him with it too. I wanna see the salt floooooooow.

smurfx

get some go again
hey can you guys list what type of controls you play marvel with? just curious. i use the ssf4 madcatz pads.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
smurfx said:
hey can you guys list what type of controls you play marvel with? just curious. i use the ssf4 madcatz pads.
6button.jpg

I've since changed the L button to L+H instead of S to make Taskmaster's hypers less cumbersome.

HRAP V3 SA

@Tobe1:
Nice, and his Sasuke avatar completes it.

I do dislike people who XCopy top tier teams though - it just seems tasteless, like someone who plagiarizes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx said:
I only use the best controller ever made for playing video games.

xbox-360-wired-controller.jpg

Unfortunately it's the worst controller ever made for fighting games specifically.

smurfx

get some go again
Sixfortyfive said:
6button.jpg

I've since changed the L button to L+H instead of S to make Taskmaster's hypers less cumbersome.
heh you are similar to me. i put l+h on the right trigger on my pad for taskmaster. the left trigger i use for L for when i need to charge zero's buster shot. how do you get that to work on the 360? wonder if the d-pad is much better than the madcatz pads. i would swithch to that in a second if its way better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Frantic said:
I use the standard 360 controller. I mainly use the analog, but I'll sometimes use the D-Pad for double tapping.
High five. I only ever use the D-pad for Dante's teleport, and even still it's not in real combos and slow. Ammy weapon change combos? Fuck that, certified impossible.

smurfx said:

I use a custom wood stick at home (VLX size), american straight 6 layout. Bat top, jlf with extra springs, circle gate.

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
High five. I only ever use the D-pad for Dante's teleport, and even still it's not in real combos and slow. Ammy weapon change combos? Fuck that, certified impossible.
zero's lightning loop with my pad is impossible. it will give you the wrong command at some point.

sfivx360tourneystick.jpg

I stuck in an oct-gate and swapped the ball top for a bat. Thinking about going back to a square gate, though. See if that helps my inputs any.

Frantic

enzo_gt said:
Haha, I've only just recently gotten the hang of Ammy weapon change combos, and even then it's a crapshoot. I'm also probably the worst Wolverine in existence because I cannot cancel into Berserker Charge from a Berserker Slash. I'm being serious here. I just cannot wrap my head around double taps at all.

Tobe1 said:

he replied very quickly

1st msg 2nd msg

I read all of those lovemails in Sasuke's voice. So. Awesome.

Just saw the Darkstalkers: Night Warriors anime and that shit was pretty cool. I wish they would add Donovan to this game. Dude would be baller as fuck with elemental attacks(fire, ice and lightning) and a fucking sword he can control with his mind. Also, Anita is unbearably adorable and soooooo somber.
enzo_gt said:
I only use the best controller ever made for playing video games.

xbox-360-wired-controller.jpg

Unfortunately it's the worst controller ever made for fighting games specifically.
Shit is godlike for me in Marvel. All the little mistakes I make on the PS3 disappear when I'm using the 360 controller. It's like I took off a 100lb vest and I'm ready for the fight.
Sayah said:
That Trish keepaway made me want to punch kittens. Shit was pissing me off terribly at the end and too much shit was piling up on me by the end. Stupid lack of practice on the PS3, stupid PS3 controllers and the extremely small moments of lag(that mostly messed it up for you) were adding too many variables to the the whole thing.

Still, not bad. I don't see how you still think that Trish is a good traditional anchor though.
Ultimoo said:
we'll settle the score one of these days won't we? ;)
I'm pretty sure you have handed my ass to me on a platter many more times than I have.

I'd like to catch you with your pants down in UMvC3, but I don't see myself getting it on the PS3 at this point, honestly.

shaowebb

j7yss3.jpg

A lot of times I just leave those 2 extra buttons blank instead of mapping them to x-factor and team hyper since I generally input those manually anyhow.

I was going to just play this fight stick until I thought I hit some sort of level of play and then switch to my TE, but firstly theres no reaching any level of anything with my online and secondly I like the thought of using the TE for an Iron Fist stick in honor of him in UMVC3.

Besides I like my Ponies too much to treat them as training wheels. They've been there for me during vanilla and I'll likely keep using this stick since its a good stick in Ultimate edition. However I'm gonna use the Iron Fist TE stick whenever team "I've waited 15 years to put Iron Fist on point" is up to bat.

Sayah

Tobe1 said:

he replied very quickly

1st msg 2nd msg

Why do people feel the need to pick on Smash Bros. and call it a "kids" game that isn't suitable for serious, competitive play? Many don't even consider it a fighter. Smash Bros. definitely requires skill. Stop dissing a great franchise, lol.

Kimosabae

Banned
Sayah said:
Why do people feel the need to pick on Smash Bros. and call it a "kids" game that isn't suitable for serious, competitive play? Many don't even consider it a fighter. Smash Bros. definitely requires skill. Stop dissing a great franchise, lol.

Don't worry about it. People are stupid. Anyone that says something that blatantly dumb or bigoted I instantly put on ignore. The "Smash isn't a fighter" profession easily qualifies.

Sayah

SolarPowered said:
That Trish keepaway made me want to punch kittens. Shit was pissing me off terribly at the end and too much shit was piling up on me by the end. Stupid lack of practice on the PS3, stupid PS3 controllers and the extremely small moments of lag(that mostly messed it up for you) were adding too many variables to the the whole thing.

Still, not bad. I don't see how you still think that Trish is a good traditional anchor though.

You have a rather amazing strategy with Ammy and Hsien-Ko. Really great rushdown with them both.
As far as Trish, she's really great for both rushdown and for keepaway. She's versatile in various situations. I honestly can't do much with Tron or She-Hulk at anchor. It's the reason I often save her for the end. If I have an advantage of having more health, then I can use round harvest to take chip damage. If not, then I can x-factor and try to get some nice mixups with her.

I want an opinion on the Trish, Dormy, and Supa Skrull team. That may become my future team in Ultimate (might replace Skrull with a new character, though). I don't really know how to use Skrull or Dorm but I find the team synergy to be really amazing with these three. Will have to work on the team in time for Ultimate.

Sayah

Kimosabae said:
Don't worry about it. People are stupid. Anyone that says something that blatantly dumb or bigoted I instantly put on ignore. The "Smash isn't a fighter" profession easily qualifies.
Marth player?
If you have a Wii, we need to face off. My connection is pretty good and I usually don't have lag in Smash against friends. Basic Brawl is always messed up, though.

shaowebb

smurfx said:
hey guys who's this kid complaining about smash brothers being called kiddy. :p

ME.

I like smash. Its not a fighter, and its skill level may not reach the crazy levels the versus games requires but its still a damned great game with skill involved (so long as smash balls aren't in effect).

Just because it has Nintendo mascots for cast doesn't make it kiddy. You can find tons of impressive stuff on this game. I for one am a fan of luring folks into attempting to fly under the stage and then edge guarding one side with bumper and the other with my Captain Falcon.

Back on topic though what are some of the rest of gaf's button layouts? Its pretty cool finding out Sixfortyfive and me run the same general layout even though I play stick.

Tobe

Sayah said:

melee has to be one of the deepest fighters ive played, you definitely need a lot of skill to play it on a competitive level, brawl well it was a let down :p
i said just to get the salt levels over 9000 :lol

Sayah

Tobe1 said:
melee has to be one of the deepest fighters ive played, you definitely need a lot of skill to play it on a competitive level, brawl well it was a let down :p
i said just to get the salt levels over 9000 :lol
You should try Brawl Plus. Improves some things from Brawl although the online experience hadn't been too good.

shaowebb said:
ME.

I like smash. Its not a fighter, and its skill level may not reach the crazy levels the versus games requires but its still a damned great game with skill involved (so long as smash balls aren't in effect).

Just because it has Nintendo mascots for cast doesn't make it kiddy. You can find tons of impressive stuff on this game. I for one am a fan of luring folks into attempting to fly under the stage and then edge guarding one side with bumper and the other with my Captain Falcon.

Back on topic though what are some of the rest of gaf's button layouts? Its pretty cool finding out Sixfortyfive and me run the same general layout even though I play stick.
Saying Smash Bros. isn't a fighting game? That's a paddlin'
shaowebb said:
A lot of times I just leave those 2 extra buttons blank instead of mapping them to x-factor and team hyper since I generally input those manually anyhow.

I was going to just play this fight stick until I thought I hit some sort of level of play and then switch to my TE, but firstly theres no reaching any level of anything with my online and secondly I like the thought of using the TE for an Iron Fist stick in honor of him in UMVC3.

Besides I like my Ponies too much to treat them as training wheels. They've been there for me during vanilla and I'll likely keep using this stick since its a good stick in Ultimate edition. However I'm gonna use the Iron Fist TE stick whenever team "I've waited 15 years to put Iron Fist on point" is up to bat.
If I ever make a Pony themed stick I'll use Applejack for the art!

:O
Kimosabae said:
Eeeehhhhhh, I don't play or like Brawl.

More power to it, though.
Never put more than 24 hours on it as opposed to it's predecessors that each saw 1000+ hours.

That makes me sadder than you could ever imagine(in more ways than one lol).

Sayah

Kimosabae said:
Eeeehhhhhh, I don't play or like Brawl.

More power to it, though.
The only thing I don't like in Brawl is the stupid tripping mechanic. Otherwise, I love it just as much as or maybe even more than Melee.

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
Saying Smash Bros. isn't a fighting? That's a paddlin'

Well its fighting but not how that term is generally used. I consider it more its own genre of fighter than anything else. It reminds me of an evolution of Sumo. Stay in the ring or lose via getting knocked out of the ring or falling out of the ring.

Also check out this shit my wife just found.

fjopdy.jpg

Single greatest stick I've ever seen. More pics at the link.
Steampunk TE Stick

EDIT: Fuck yeah! Found his site. Custom orders are GO!
Dat godly stick maker's site for ordering customs

Kimosabae

Banned
shaowebb said:
ME.

Have you played Melee? What do you know about that game's mechanics?

Sayah said:
You have a rather amazing strategy with Ammy and Hsien-Ko. Really great rushdown with them both.
The sad part is that it may go the way of the dodo in UMvC3 if Capcom has their way with Ammy.

ugh
shaowebb said:
Also check out this shit my wife just found.

Single greatest stick I've ever seen. More pics at the link.
Steampunk TE Stick

Do you live in a giant treasure chest?

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
The sad part is that it may go the way of the dodo in UMvC3 if Capcom has their way with Ammy.

ugh

Do you live in a giant treasure chest?

No, but I really wish I could afford that thing. So good.

Time to start throwing cash in the jar if I treat the lust of one of these sticks as seriously as I did the launch of MVC3. Also that link apparently just goes to that splash page with nothing else...time to hunt through youtube and shoryuken for contact info and pricing for B15 stuff to find out if I can seriously save up for one or not.

Updated link

Man this site has some talented stuff.
*whistles*
£250 to £450 +£40 shipping to US

Pricey as hell, but at least you know you got something worth paying that much for. I'll save up for this, but I likely won't take the plunge until AFTER I get outta college and settle into my career.

Anth0ny

I've played Marvel 3 exclusively on a Madcatz TE stick for ps3. My SFxT 360 stick just came in the mail, so I can play UMVC3 with my GAF xbros =)

and melee is the greatest game ever made. deeper than most fighting games. don't hate.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
smurfx said:
heh you are similar to me. i put l+h on the right trigger on my pad for taskmaster. the left trigger i use for L for when i need to charge zero's buster shot. how do you get that to work on the 360? wonder if the d-pad is much better than the madcatz pads. i would swithch to that in a second if its way better.
It is better, but pricey. It's rare to find one for less than $100, and you'd need a converter. I use the eTokki PS2->360 converter.

On the plus side, all the parts except for the Start button and shoulder buttons are interchangeable with original Saturn pads and the 6-button Genesis d-pad, so I can always use one of the dozen+ controllers I have laying around the house for spare parts if needed.

Neki

smurfx said:
ps3 pad.

@solarpowered: why you play on xbox for UMvC3 only? :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
j7yss3.jpg

WHY ARE YOU HIDING

MANLY SHAOWEBB PICTURE TIME

2r27lnp.jpg

Anth0ny said:
I've played Marvel 3 exclusively on a Madcatz TE stick for ps3. My SFxT 360 stick just came in the mail, so I can play UMVC3 with my GAF xbros =)

and melee is the greatest game ever made. deeper than most fighting games. don't hate.
Melee is a great game, but LOL

Kimosabae

Banned
The hilarious thing about Smash bigotry is that Melee hosts all the things FG "enthusiasts" claim to want from fighters - precise player controls (arguably the sharpest in the genre), high speed, huge skill gaps between competitive players, a flexible combo system and innovation in systems. They mock this game.

And then go play SSF4.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kimosabae said:
The hilarious thing about Smash bigotry is that Melee hosts all the things FG "enthusiasts" claim to want from fighters - precise player controls (arguably the sharpest in the genre), high speed, huge skill gaps between competitive players, a flexible combo system and innovation in systems. They mock this game.

And then go play SSF4.
Smash has a combo system?

Smash has innovation?

Top Bottom