• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Karst, I know what you mean so badly with Ganondorf. Sure Nintendo, give him the most fun special move in the history of his play style (side B Flame Choke grab) but make him slow as fuck and still a C. Falcon improv with all of your Brawl development... :(
The only thing that kept me playing Smash Brawl for as long as I did (outside of desperation to like it, since I bought a Wii just for the game) was Ganondorf's Wizard Choke loops and setups - so damn fun.

Meh, I'll give her lower-mid, but that's still better than a furry.
FurryChart.jpg

I don't count Felicia as a furry. She's ~30%.

Jedah's gameplay kind of reminds me of Firebrand.

Skrull in x-factor is quite deadly. I use Skrull's tenderizer assist rather than stone smite (although stone smite also works for the purposes I need it for).
Ah, but unfortunately Dormammu can get nothing from Tenderizer mid-screen. That's why I use Orbital Grudge - he can relaunch with it anywhere.

The general combo strategy is to use Dorm's assist when I have a combo on-going with Trish and have her on ground. I use Trish's boomerang while Dorm's dark hole is in effect. The boomerang hits the opponent and goes far back in the stage. Then, I launch and do two medium hits. The boomerang comes back and connects. Then I use the hopscotch in air (and it actually does connect) and do an aerial crossover. Dorm's chaotic flame can be used and then that can be followed up with Trish's round harvest. Then, I can go in air with Trish and once the boomerang finishes, her high voltage can be used in air. After that, Dorm can be brought out again to use his fireball hyper.

Not sure if that explanation is good but hopefully it makes general sense.
It makes very good sense.

Funny thing about CFE is that it lends weight to Karst's hypothesis that Darkstalkers are OP when all of their natural advantages make the transition intact.
Oh did they? That's neat. I only looked at Kenji in CFE, and noticed that they completely destroyed him in the transition from Red Earth.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
God's Beard said:
I don't think Morrigan and Felicia would be all that better if you just dropped them in from VS.
I think they did a really good job with Felicia in MvC3, actually. I didn't expect her to be as fun as she is.

She's a legit character. Just suffers from that "Why would you pick X when Y does most of the same things but better?" problem that a lot do.

shaowebb

_dementia said:
Heads up Jin fans...

Cyberbots is on PS1 imports on PSN today

not the Saturn port, but better than nothing I suppose.

I miss Jin. It would've been cool to see Bionic Arm vs Robot Punch.

Hey guys, if Marvel went to 2 button throws somehow, how would you think it would affect the game?

I personally hate the natural OS of jump H. Damn, just jumping around with high priority H. GRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Will pick up Cyberbots even though it play it weekly on mame.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
ThatCrazyGuy said:
Hey guys, if Marvel went to 2 button throws somehow, how would you think it would affect the game?

Bad Amaterasu players would shower Capcom with hate.

People would still bitch about Ammy, but most of the characters with the good throw game would have to be played more intelligently. I'd love it if they applied it across the board and Ammy got her dash back!

Don't see how it could hurt.
Anth0ny said:
Madcatz is releasing an MLG controller for PS3 and 360.

MadCatz-MLG-controller.jpg

Fully customizable. Move analog sticks and d-pads wherever you want. I'm buying one for PS3, cause I hate the dualshock.
This thing is very nice actually.

Some of the stuff that stands out:
majorleaguegaming.com said:
With that in mind, we worked together with Mad Catz to come up with the ProModule system. This groundbreaking feature will allow you to swap the components of your controller as you see fit. You can freely move around the thumbsticks and D-pad to your liking, allowing your controller to mimic the layout of both the PS3 and 360 stock controllers.
Yes...
Perhaps even more excitingly, you can mix and match these components. Every single MLG Pro Circuit Controller will include both 360 and PS3 style thumbsticks and D-pads. Want to play Xbox 360 with a PS3 D-pad? Go for it. Want to play your PS3 with your sticks in the 360 layout? Why not? With the MLG Pro Circuit Controller, you can play every game you own exactly the way you want.
YES!
For a lot of gamers, the weight of a controller makes a huge difference. How many players have you seen with a rumble pack in their N64 controller or a memory card in their Xbox controller just for the weight? In order to ensure every player feels as comfortable as possible with the device, we’ve added a special compartment in the rear that will allow you to adjust the weight to your liking. This will allow you to have your controller feel and weigh more like a standard wired controller, or feel closer to a wireless controller, even giving you that raised section where the battery pack normally sits.
OH GOD YEEEESS
Cables: A good cable is the key to a long-lasting electronic. The MLG Pro Circuit Controller features a braided cable that securely screws into the top. The cable can be removed easily, ensuring you’ll never have to wrap it around your controller again. We’re starting you out with a three meter ProCable, but additional sizes and colors will be available for purchase.
Oh yea!
Thumbpads: Some players are used to buying brand new controllers once their thumbpads start to wear down–no more. The MLG Pro Circuit Controller will allow you to swap out thumbpads whenever you like. Additional shapes, different indentations, and sizes will be available for purchase.
UNF UNF UNF
Will this be the most you’ve ever paid for a controller? Probably. But with the ability to replace individual components quickly and easily, the days of purchasing a new controller every couple of months are over. We hope you’ll agree that the features we’ve included and the durability of the controller are well worth the final price.
Uh oh Spaghettios...
Sixfortyfive said:
Funny thing about CFE is that it lends weight to Karst's hypothesis that Darkstalkers are OP when all of their natural advantages make the transition intact.
Maybe, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad if they had some of their tools. Felicia turned out great and she was not completely stripped of her stuff.
God's Beard said:
Darkstalkers better than Talbain: Everyone but Lord Raptor.
I can accept this.

Neki

god, I need to keep up in this thread. you guys are posting too much without me. :( I was just making a joke that I would switch to drill assist to beat phoenix teams. boo. hopefully it stays unfixed in ultimate.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
I hate you all. I'd 1v1 you all but half of you are xbox and half of you don't actually play.

bwhahahaha.
Ultimoo challenging people for 1v1s? Son, you spent your time in these parts telling us all how lonely you were alone on PSN GAF. Those 1v0s are real fun, huh?

letsberealhere.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'd play people on psn, but no one actually ask me to play. So you can continue to be lonely :D
LOL I rarely take the time to actually ask for games I got to much shit to play but ask me to play and I'll hop right on derp
If you were smart about it lawl you would know that me and proto still play it off and on through the week in rotation with bb :p

Protip add me on a messenger program what ever you got :D

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
I hate you all. I'd 1v1 you all but half of you are xbox and half of you don't actually play.

bwhahahaha.
time to sell your ps3 and join the winning team my friend. even solar is probably abandoning psn when he gets ultimate.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Ultimoo challenging people for 1v1s? Son, you spent your time in these parts telling us all how lonely you were alone on PSN GAF. Those 1v0s are real fun, huh?

letsberealhere.

if only cross platform gaming existed enzo, if only. someone would be getting exposed right now.

Azure J

OK, I'm conflicted as fuck right now. Anyone gonna get Ultimate for Vita? Gotta know who's gonna be on what and make a first move that way. :lol

Neki

netcode can't be worse than vanilla amirite?

I could get on right now, but I've been playing Heroes of Newerth for like weeks now. hm.

It's all about the DotA rip-offs.

OK, I'm conflicted as fuck right now. Anyone gonna get Ultimate for Vita? Gotta know who's gonna be on what and make a first move that way. :lol
I don't see anything appealing about the Vita. It seems like they're gearing to make it essentially cross-compatible with the PS3 with everything. I have a PS3, so why do I need a Vita? I never game on the go.

Plus, fightstick + Vita = lolz.

Neki

Karsticles said:
It's all about the DotA rip-offs.

I don't see anything appealing about the Vita. It seems like they're gearing to make it essentially cross-compatible with the PS3 with everything. I have a PS3, so why do I need a Vita? I never game on the go.

Plus, fightstick + Vita = lolz.

you've never gotten the urge to play Marvel, but really need to use the bathroom at the same time? UMvC3 Vita fixes that dilemma.

Frantic

Ultimoo said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjWnYN-MmKs&feature=related
has someone posted this? tron kills DP with drill assist, lol.

I know what my new team in Marvel will be!
I tried messing around with this in training mode, and it really only seems to work from a raw hit(at least, I couldn't get it to work mid-combo), and within a very certain health range, otherwise she still goes dark. I'm thinking this is similar to Richard Nyugen's weird Phoenix kill that resulted in no Dark Phoenix. By my guess, it has something to do with fast, multi-hitting moves that are not 'attached' to the point character, hit the 'right amount of times' and with the 'right amount of health'. Basically, it's even more situational and luck based than Spider-Man's Ultimate Web kill.

1) My execution would be ass on the pad/analog+buttons.
2) I like to think on the pot.
3) If I am desperate for Marvel on the pot, I think about conceptual fights or read the strategy guide.

I am afraid there is nothing there for me!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
you've never gotten the urge to play Marvel, but really need to use the bathroom at the same time? UMvC3 Vita fixes that dilemma.
So you can have the runs while running all over someone?

Ultimoo said:
Thank god Phoenix and Wolverine are getting nerfed.

I wouldn't want to be shitting bricks in the bathroom too.

Frantic

Karsticles said:
I use pad for this game, but the thought of playing MvC3 on a handheld is just... jarring. I mean, my hands are not still when I play. They're jolting all around. Trying to focus on the game while the screen is moving because of my hands, and the game is going crazy with all the usual Marvel flash... it's just a recipe for disaster. And headaches.

Anth0ny

UMVC3 on Vita is going to be fucking sick. That and SFxT on the go will be really convenient.

Like... training mode and stuff.

But for playing with bros? Or online? I need my stick. And I'd rather play on a TV.

smurfx

get some go again
yeah i was kinda excited for umvc3 for vita but then i realized it would be wireless online and i don't want to mess with that shit. i would rather get a ps3 and connect it to my router with an ethernet cord.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Textbooks just murdered all the money I saved up.

Was thinking of team 3DS myself.. but in leiu of.. uh.. recent news, not so much. I think Vita has the upper hand on everything and is more suitable of a platform for UMvC3 too.

But 3DS has Mario Kart man, and the next Pokemon. You only live once.

Neki

Karsticles said:
2) I like to think on the pot.
3) If I am desperate for Marvel on the pot, I think about conceptual fights or read the strategy guide.

I am afraid there is nothing there for me!

1) I use pad, no problem here.
2) You can think about how to defeat your opponent!
3) That's just not visceral or fun enough though!

enzo_gt said:

Was thinking of team 3DS myself.. but in leiu of.. uh.. recent news, not so much. I think Vita has the upper hand on everything and is more suitable of a platform for UMvC3 too.

I'm in the same boat as you. I need to upgrade from a DS Lite to a DSi or something because Lites tend to hate WPA.

Azure J

Break stream bringing the funny as always:

*Sees Ammy getting a Happy Birthday on Marlin's Viper/Mags"

Quotes: "Can he block, dammit.."
Nina: "Course not, he's MarlinPie."

Quotes: "I hate that damn dog. Bitch is like Petshop from Jojo's."

:lol

enzo_gt said:

I am going to be broke as shit getting a Vita/PS3 + Ultimate, but at the very least I can bum my bro's 3DS for dat Mario Kart. :lol

1) I use pad, no problem here.
2) You can think about how to defeat your opponent!
3) That's just not visceral or fun enough though!
Sometimes I stop playing just to re-read portions of the guide. I re-read the entire Dormammu section a month ago. I consider studying that sort of stuff to be fun. Certainly the Vita might be right for you; I was never arguing otherwise there.

WTF @ that furry pic. :/
It's important to be able to categorize these things.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:
Break stream bringing the funny as always:

*Sees Ammy getting a Happy Birthday on Marlin's Viper/Mags"

Quotes: "Can he block, dammit.."
Nina: "Course not, he's MarlinPie."

Quotes: "I hate that damn dog. Bitch is like Petshop from Jojo's."

:lol

I am going to be broke as shit getting a Vita/PS3 + Ultimate, but at the very least I can bum my bro's 3DS for dat Mario Kart. :lol
YO THIS ORDINARY GUY ON STREAM IS FUCKING GODLIKE

RayRay in Winners and MarlinPie getting blown up while he's in losers? Did y'all just watch that blowup with Ryu?

Frantic

Man, Ray Ray's Ryu is so good. That Light Air Tatsu crossup with Sentinel Drones was amazing. Ryu is such an underated character.

Top Bottom