• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Solune

Xevren said:
Just curious, any other Chris players around? Would love to see how others have teams set up using him. If any on here exist that is.
I main Chris. I usually have him on point either as Chris/Zero/Dante or Chris/Zero/Hulk when I'm not feeling Dante. Sometimes I have him second for DHC glitch after Dante.

I'm trying to level up my Ammy a little before going again to the weekly tournament this weekend. I've already started to use the airdash->4jC option select to get in, but when I get a throw I don't know what I should do. Can I combo into something other than Okami Shuffle? I tried using the slow super, but they fall before I do anyways =/

Speaking of slow combos, I really don't know any besides j.C(charged)x4 into whatever, and (glaive)236A(charged)x4 into whatever...

Neki

If you're willing to use two bars, you can use a throw as an DHC glitch using the slow/shuffle hyper. I do it with King Servbot with Tron, but it should work with Wolverine/Wesker/Taskmaster too. I don't remember if throws in the air lead to combos, in corners it does, and ground forward throws do, I'll test it later.

I usually use Tron as my slow combo starter, but with Ammy you could do.

S - > j.C(charged) -> j.C(charged) -> fully charged qcf + m -> S -> j.C(charged) -> j.C(charged) -> fully charged qcf + l -> optional okami shuffle

that's what marlinpie does I think.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Man, I am wasting way too much meter with Morrigan as anchor. Just found the most brainded easy XF3 loop.

f.H xx [ jump forward M H S ] xN

You can get about 5 reps in anywhere on screen, and if that isn't enough to kill, a simple launch into air series + Shadow Blade will.

smurfx

get some go again
did you guys know that haggars roll seems to go through stalking flare? i've caught a few dormammu users by surprise thanks to this. well at least the times i've tried it.

Dahbomb

I use Chris on my fun team. Chris/Iron Man/Sentinel.

Best Chris team I have seen is Chris/Zero/Dante. It's a legitimately high tier team.

Also SolarPowered don't worry... I haven't bought a single DLC this generation. The best DLC this generation (and one I got) was easily Burnout Paradise which was a considerable expansion that was FREE. I respect that people would like to have DLC characters and there is demand for it, so I don't make a fuss about it and I only wrote down my problems with it because the topic was brought up. Otherwise I don't bring it up because it's pointless.

Captain America's Back Flip now has invulnerable frames. It is seen cleanly going through Firebrand's fireball. I can't believe people missed this.

did you guys know that haggars roll seems to go through stalking flare? i've caught a few dormammu users by surprise thanks to this. well at least the times i've tried it.
That's day 1 Haggar. Look up the first WNF with MVC3... Floe used it with Sentinel after even Haggar combo to cross up/mix up opponents with it. It was hilarious. It's not invincible but it shrinks his hit box so much that it goes through a lot of shit.

SmokeMaxX

Thanks everyone for tuning into ARK IV! I know the internet was ass-tier, but we were blind-sided by the insanely slow connection on tournament day. When we tested it, it was 4-5x faster than it showed this weekend.

Results and Shoutouts for our tournament may be found here:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-18-11-feat-marn-and-eg-jwong-results.146150/
or here:
http://www.arfgn.com

Be sure to keep in mind our bonus offer! It's open to ANYONE and EVERYONE regardless of whether you tuned into the stream or came to the tournament or even just slept at home.

BONUS OFFER
If you visit The Traveling Circus's site (http://thetravelingcircus.net/) and comment at one of the above links with your favorite shirt style (i.e. PHX - White) then for one lucky winner, we'll BUY YOU THAT SHIRT and ship it to you FREE OF CHARGE. Throw in how much you like The Traveling Circus for bonus points :D. This is open to EVERYONE so even if you didn't show up to the event, you may still win a shirt from The Traveling Circus on us! Find out if you're a winner via our Twitter @ARKTourney! The winner will be announced one week from today.

Anth0ny

SmokeMaxX said:
Thanks everyone for tuning into ARK IV! I know the internet was ass-tier, but we were blind-sided by the insanely slow connection on tournament day. When we tested it, it was 4-5x faster than it showed this weekend.

Results and Shoutouts for our tournament may be found here:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-18-11-feat-marn-and-eg-jwong-results.146150/
or here:
http://www.arfgn.com

Be sure to keep in mind our bonus offer! It's open to ANYONE and EVERYONE regardless of whether you tuned into the stream or came to the tournament or even just slept at home.

BONUS OFFER
If you visit The Traveling Circus's site (http://thetravelingcircus.net/) and comment at one of the above links with your favorite shirt style (i.e. PHX - White) then for one lucky winner, we'll BUY YOU THAT SHIRT and ship it to you FREE OF CHARGE. Throw in how much you like The Traveling Circus for bonus points :D. This is open to EVERYONE so even if you didn't show up to the event, you may still win a shirt from The Traveling Circus on us! Find out if you're a winner via our Twitter @ARKTourney! The winner will be announced one week from today.

Super Smash Brothers: Melee - 34 Entrants
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition - 29 Entrants
Mortal Kombat 9 - 25 Entrants
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl - 18 Entrants

yessssssssssss

JeTmAn81

Looks like Smash players are lucky Justin Wong isn't into that game too. 5 first-place finishes in one tournament, yikes.

Grecco

JeTmAn81 said:
Looks like Smash players are lucky Justin Wong isn't into that game too. 5 first-place finishes in one tournament, yikes.

Justin Wong is pretty godlike in pretty much everything except anything related to driving :)

Anyways. Does anybody know of a good tutorial on dante. Trying to learn bold canceling and its the hardest thing in the god damn game.

Frantic

Grecco said:
Anyways. Does anybody know of a good tutorial on dante. Trying to learn bold canceling and its the hardest thing in the god damn game.
There are several ways to Bold Cancel. There's the plink method that I think is considered the most 'reliable' by most Dante users. Basically, you do the motion, then plink S and whatever button you want together. Let's say M for Stinger > Volcano. Since the M comes out second, it'll take priority and you'll do the Volcano. I guess the reverse could be done for teleports - down, down, L/M/H plinked with S.

I use Pad, and while the plink method does work, I use my thumb and thus I usually end up hitting the two buttons at the same time. The method I use and have an easier time doing is basically double tapping. I do the standard ground series, then Stinger into the DP motion while hitting the Bold Move. Then I just double tap the M, and it comes out. This is the method I've found to be most accurate for myself, but if done too slowly you won't get anything. I'd recommend testing out both methods and seeing what works best for you.

A video tutorial of the plinking method for reference.

SmokeMaxX

If you guys want a free TTC shirt, be sure to leave a comment with your favorite The Traveling Circus shirt style on the ARK IV results page or arfgn.com. Doesn't matter if you didn't watch or attend or even if you hate me. You can still win! :)

Ultimoo said:
Justin Wong is only really good at fighting games, that's why.

am I DOING IT RIGHT GUIZ
iOl2ao63PYkpl.gif

Anth0ny

Ultimoo said:

am I DOING IT RIGHT GUIZ

I bet he'd be pretty beast at Smash 4 if he entered a tourney during the first week. Beyond that, it's if he really wants to get good or not. He won that MK9 national tourney during the first week, didn't he? The guy is a fucking genius.

Kimosabae

Banned
Ultimoo said:

As the officially unofficial official representative of the Melee community on Neo GAF I must speak on their behalf:

RAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEE!!!

Anth0ny said:
I bet he'd be pretty beast at Smash 4 if he entered a tourney during the first week. Beyond that, it's if he really wants to get good or not. He won that MK9 national tourney during the first week, didn't he? The guy is a fucking genius.
I'd love to see the reactions from the folks that don't consider it a fighter if he actually got deep into the scene.
Professor Beef said:
I think the last time he tried, he got embarrassed by someone.
haha

Grecco

Niitsuma also mentions that there will be a new downloadable mode that changes the way you play the game, but that they wouldn't be talking about it at this time. He adds that there is still some undiscovered technology out there that players haven't discovered yet.

Grecco said:
Niitsuma also mentions that there will be a new downloadable mode that changes the way you play the game, but that they wouldn't be talking about it at this time. He adds that there is still some undiscovered technology out there that players haven't discovered yet.
The secret menu that lets you pick Phoenix twice

Parallax Scroll said:
The secret menu that lets you pick Phoenix twice
While I know this was just a joke, there really is no excuse for not being able to pick the same character more than once in local play now that six color palette swaps are going to be in the game.

Man, posting on SRK has been pretty cool and enlightening, but there are some real lolworthy folks over there lol.
smurfx said:
gg's solar. that damn dog is still giving me so much problems.
I'm gonna eat you alive when Ultimate drops.

:|

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
Man, posting on SRK has been pretty cool and enlightening, but there are some real lolworthy folks over there lol.

I'm gonna eat you alive when Ultimate drops.

:|
not if ammy can't block when she's on her vine! :p

smurfx said:
not if ammy can't block when she's on her vine! :p
The real worry is whether or not I will build a new team. THAT is what you should be worrying about.
Frantic said:
Hey Smurf, you available for some games? I'd really like to have a set with you.
You should try fighting me for a change.

Frantic

SolarPowered said:
You should try fighting me for a change.
I'll fight you, too, one of these days. Maybe we can have a Hsien-Ko battle.
Cute low tier > top tier.

@Smurf, It's Citanarf. I'll invite you to a game.

I just beat some guy who pre-emptively taunted during Trish's Round Harvest hyper. I lived by the magic pixel. I ended the fight with a taunt. Personal policy is to taunt the taunters. :p

IMO there is only one taunt good enough to finish a match with and that is the mightiest of all taunts. Thor's epic trashtalk. I did that to my little brother during the end of a friendly match, then to both my older brothers.

Tobe

USD said:
In case you guys missed the news, ClockW0rk is now a part of Broken Tier.
after the announcement i thought they would have a new awesome shirt but instead 20% on the whole store
which has no fucking stock on anything cool

smurfx

get some go again
gg's frantic. that spencer was whooping my ass at the beginning. nice to see marvel gaf have some variation in characters. you can always practice against different characters. somebody sent me a game invite while i was playing with frantic. sorry that i didn't accept but i was playing against frantic and i was planning on leaving once the set was over. btw i hope it didn't seem rude leaving after i got the 10th win. first to 5 or 10 is what i usually play.

Frantic

I started getting sloppy around the second half of the set. Kept running into Haggar, and not really planning my attacks all that well. I was also dropping so many combos. I really need to practice Bold Cancelling mid-match more. I usually go for easy undroppable combos with Dante. XD

Your keepaway game is amazing, though. I also learned that some things I didn't realize were punishable, are actually punishable. Always nice to know that sort of thing so I can stop doing it on reflex. XD Very good set, good games all around. That one match where it was my X-Factor-less Spencer vs your Zero and Haggar I did NOT think I was going to win that one. That was a very footsie heavy match. XD

smurfx said:
btw i hope it didn't seem rude leaving after i got the 10th win. first to 5 or 10 is what i usually play.
Nah, it's fine. First to tens is a nice amount for a set, I think.(Unless it's a 10-0 set, in which case it leaves the desire for a nice salty runback.)

Edit: Why does every Dante online seem to use the WORST possible combo for him? They don't seem to realize that doing Million Stabs in a combo reduces damage by about 125k. Sure, it gives them at least fifteen extra hits, but it drops his damage to some of the worst in the game. Whenever I encounter one of these 'Million Stab Dantes', I feel compelled to style on them with full, feature length Dante combos. My greatest victory is his standard intermediate combo into Million Dollars, DHCed into Bionic Lancer, link the Armor Piercer into a second Bionic Lancer, and DHC back into Million Dollars for the kill(it was on a full health Wesker, hence why they survived all that). Feels good, man.

I think I have a problem.

smurfx

get some go again
The Abominable Snowman said:
How do you save and upload voicemail/hatemail from XBL? I got the greatest piece of hate voicemail ever.
record the voicemail on your cellphone and then upload it? audio quality won't be that good.

Dahbomb

Dude Million Stab is STYLISH. It's Dante's BnB in pretty much all DMC games except DMC2.

You would be surprised as to how many people don't understand the concept of hit stun deterioration/damage scaling.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
Dude Million Stab is STYLISH. It's Dante's BnB in pretty much all DMC games except DMC2.

It's stylish, I'll admit, and I always used it in the DMC games... but it's really only good for stylish combo videos in MvC3.

Dahbomb said:
You would be surprised as to how many people don't understand the concept of hit stun deterioration/damage scaling.
I understand that, but you'd think 4th-1st Lords would realize by now that it's not that good in combos. *shrug*

JeTmAn81

Nyoro SF said:
Fairly certain Million Stab is Forward + H (H H H)

Oh yeah, I think the other is Million Carats. I use Million Stab all the time as an opening move. The range on it catches people off guard half the time. Pretty much never use it in combos, though.

Nyoro SF

JeTmAn81 said:
Oh yeah, I think the other is Million Carats. I use Million Stab all the time as an opening move. The range on it catches people off guard half the time. Pretty much never use it in combos, though.

I usually block when the round begins. LOL

JeTmAn81

Nyoro SF said:
I usually block when the round begins. LOL

Ah, but I'm also calling an assist at the same time, usually Sentinel drones, and by the time Million Stabs has finished, the drones are hitting you, maintaining blockstun long enough for me to launch a mixup :)

It actually sucks when people don't block it sometimes because I'll have to go into an air combo, but I can't TAC while drones are out and if I Killer Bee them they run into the drones and the combo drops.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm wondering if i should go to the capcom fighting club here in La tomorrow. don't want to have to show up 3 or 4 hours before. guess i'll have to take my zune and watch the simpsons.

Top Bottom