• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

sephi22

Alright guys, the videos are up. A couple of warnings though.
- We're Indians, and I don't use my fake American accent around friends, so don't mind the Hindi/English banter.
- The level of play isn't that great because of the controllers
- The footage is recorded with a Nokia phone. I think it'll be 720p once its done processing but its clear enough. Anyway, here you go:

Dat Captain changes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ_Y37zdriY

Dormammu, Ryu changes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxsghBeqvNw

sephi22 said:
- Its on the 360.
- Its on the default 360 pad.
- The control type is permanently set to Type - Beta (The Arcade stick type).
Has anyone tested whether you can still block both ways at the same time like you can in vanilla? If the demo uses the 360 pad, you could test that by pushing left on the dpad and right on the analog stick.

Maybe that's been tested already though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anth0ny said:
Trailer

It's September 24/25. Toronto. More info here.
Shit. I really want to go but I think I might have plans that day, won't be sure until tomorrow. And even still, gotta find a way to get there.

You headin out? Will stream monster if I can't make it.

EDIT: Damn, what are the chances we'll get a UMvC3 setup at T12?

You go to York right? Any York tourneys of the sort that pop off?

You are a boss Sephi, no worries!

Oh, and another think to check, if you would be so kind:
See if you can cancel from Dark Matter/Flame Carpet directly into hypers.

Anth0ny

enzo_gt said:
Shit. I really want to go but I think I might have plans that day, won't be sure until tomorrow. And even still, gotta find a way to get there.

You headin out? Will stream monster if I can't make it.

EDIT: Damn, what are the chances we'll get a UMvC3 setup at T12?

You go to York right? Any York tourneys of the sort that pop off?

I might head out on Sunday just for top 8 since I'm busy most of the weekend. Combofiend/Marlinpie hype irl is too good.

I don't think T12 is big enough for a UMvC3 setup, unfortunately =(

As for York, me and some buddies are starting Smash (melee) casuals next week. Someone usually brings their 360 and Marvel/AE. It's going to expand in time, we're going to put up posters and shit around campus.

As for tournaments, something could probably be arranged eventually if there's enough interest.

smurfx

get some go again
llnd really needs to switch teams for ultimate if he wants to start beating the top tier guys like combofiend. i think he has the skills but hsien ko and chris are dragging him down too much.

smurfx said:
llnd really needs to switch teams for ultimate if he wants to start beating the top tier guys like combofiend. i think he has the skills but hsien ko and chris are dragging him down too much.
Maybe Hsien is, but not Chris.

smurfx said:
So you're saying Hsien-Ko is not good?

interesting...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dragonballjoseph said:
ChrisG at GA's local Biweekly. http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp
"Chris G beat Noah, he can do this. ITS OKAY GUYS HE BEAT NOAH HE CAN DO THIS!"

Crowd getting extra hype for Chris G getting blown the fuck up.

Anth0ny said:
I might head out on Sunday just for top 8 since I'm busy most of the weekend. Combofiend/Marlinpie hype irl is too good.

I don't think T12 is big enough for a UMvC3 setup, unfortunately =(

As for York, me and some buddies are starting Smash (melee) casuals next week. Someone usually brings their 360 and Marvel/AE. It's going to expand in time, we're going to put up posters and shit around campus.

As for tournaments, something could probably be arranged eventually if there's enough interest.
Nice. If a proper Marvel tourney gets going, I am so down.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dragonballjoseph said:
Chris G sent to losers at our local. :O
dragonballjoseph: dragonball z does suck

BLASPHEMY

EDIT: That almost-comeback by too much damage's Akuma, damn.

EDIT2: DAT ACTUAL AKUMA COMEBACK GODDAMNNNNNN

EDIT3: Calling Wesker's Gun Loop "Retarded Halo 1 Pistol loop"

AYOOOOOOOOO CHRIS G GETTING RAGING DEMON'D. HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EDIT4: DAT OVERHEAD. DAT INFINITE.

DAT DARK WESKER FLAWLESS OCV IN UNDER TEN SECONDS.

shit shit is hype :lol

enzo_gt said:
dragonballjoseph: dragonball z does suck

BLASPHEMY

EDIT: That almost-comeback by too much damage's Akuma, damn.

EDIT2: DAT ACTUAL AKUMA COMEBACK GODDAMNNNNNN

EDIT3: Calling Wesker's Gun Loop "Retarded Halo 1 Pistol loop"

AYOOOOOOOOO CHRIS G GETTING RAGING DEMON'D. HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
DAT DASH UNDER LEVEL 3!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dragonballjoseph said:
DAT DASH UNDER LEVEL 3!
My goodness, he has the sickest Akuma I've ever seen.

This Grief guy too, my god is he clutch. I mean I know Chris G has a busted stick and is dropping basic BnBs, but god damn is he clutch with his Taskmaster.

smurfx

get some go again
lol oh man how does hulks H cross you up when its not even close to hitting you? got damn they really need to get rid of that kind of stuff.

Marvel got way more time on stream at WNF than last week. I hope they keep that up. There was a lot to like about WNF this time.

- 3 different people using C.Viper well on stream
- 3 hours of Marvel with barely any Phoenix
- Another player besides Combofiend doing cool shit with Spencer
- Fanatiq's MSS team looks more impressive every time I see it
- Return to form for Marn

The archive is totally worth watching. http://www.twitch.tv/offcast/b/295671454

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Parallax Scroll said:
Marvel got way more time on stream at WNF than last week. I hope they keep that up. There was a lot to like about WNF this time.

- 3 different people using C.Viper well on stream
- 3 hours of Marvel with barely any Phoenix
- Another player besides Combofiend doing cool shit with Spencer
- Fanatiq's MSS team looks more impressive every time I see it
- Return to form for Marn

The archive is totally worth watching. http://www.twitch.tv/offcast/b/295671454
Interesting, WNF is usually stale-r than than East Coast streams so I usually don't watch it but I check this out when I get home. Thanks.

EDIT: I suggest though you guys watch the archive of the stream DBJ posted. That shit was straight HYPE even if Chris G was clearly playing on a busted stick.

I'm still impressed with how professional WNF is looking now. Last night they had an officially designated "pre-game show," then cut to splash screen/commercial, showed their intro animation, and bam, right into the first match.

That makes for a much slicker presentation than "are we starting now? is this a match or are we still in casuals? i think we're starting pretty soon." etc.

Plus, replays with post-match analysis. Holy shit.

Saw part one of the WNF archive footage(a couple of days ago) and it was pretty boss. LL.ND owning that Wesker with Hsien-Ko on point was pretty sweet, the Viper players were fun to watch and James Chen actually has a really solid Felicia as far as I can tell.

Can't wait to see the other parts.

SolarPowered said:
Saw part one of the WNF archive footage(a couple of days ago) and it was pretty boss. LL.ND owning that Wesker with Hsien-Ko on point was pretty sweet, the Viper players were fun to watch and James Chen actually has a really solid Felicia as far as I can tell.

Can't wait to see the other parts.
Those gold armor walk-up throws into super were pretty boss.

I don't really play hsien-ko, but if you're armored, why not just walk-up throw all the time?

JeTmAn81

Beastly Taskmaster/Sentinel combo from last night's Option Select stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/optionselect/b/295736200

This guy is an amazingly good Taskmaster. Zoning is great, superjumps into down arrows over the opponent's head while Sentinel assist covers them on the ground. Ambiguous cross up Shield Charges. Continuous pressure with Shield Charge cancelled into arrows. Pressure all day in general. This is my team, minus Wolverine (lolz) plus Dante! Need to steal this stuff. He was dominating pretty much everyone including Ryan Hunter. You are guaranteed to get chipped a bunch by this time, and when you finally get close you're going to get hit by some serious move priority. So annoying and effective. Good protection of Sentinel assist (call assist and dash/Shield Charge at the same time) to prevent happy birthdays as well.

JeTmAn81

BTW if Tron can link three friggin' hypers, I don't see why Taskmaster shouldn't be able to do something similar :p. Yes, I'm salty about getting comboed for an hour straight by a meter-loaded Tron.

Parallax Scroll said:

I don't really play hsien-ko, but if you're armored, why not just walk-up throw all the time?
Jump back+air dash/teleport/backdash/move backwards

All of these things can beat her walk speed/forward dash. She can also get grabbed as well and that leads to full combos despite the fact that she has gold. Gold throws only work if they are extremely close to you(which I have taken advantage of before).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JeTmAn81 said:
BTW if Tron can link three friggin' hypers, I don't see why Taskmaster shouldn't be able to do something similar :p. Yes, I'm salty about getting comboed for an hour straight by a meter-loaded Tron.
Taskmaster is such an underrated character. People keep talking like he isn't top tier, but just good. Dude is absolutely top tier. He has everything, and that's why he doesn't need anything else, or any more buffs or exploits. He's perfect as is.

Nyoro SF

Parallax Scroll said:

Don't forget throws scale badly. Hsien-ko's low damage + throw scaling is an UGH.

Frantic

enzo_gt said:
Taskmaster is such an underrated character. People keep talking like he isn't top tier, but just good. Dude is absolutely top tier. He has everything, and that's why he doesn't need anything else, or any more buffs or exploits. He's perfect as is.
As a Taskmaster player, I wouldn't say he's top tier. He's definitely very good - high tier easily, but against a solid player he doesn't really have anything that will open them up. His tricks are rather simple. He relies more on punishing, footsies and zoning. He doesn't really have left/right or high/low shenanigens to mess with the other player's head. You also have to be very careful, since a number of his stuff is punishable and you can't just throw them out there.

I will say that Taskmaster is one of the most clutch characters in the game. I've made comebacks against full teams with him. My best victory to date is against team Tokido, with X-Factor being used solely for Dark Phoenix. Felt good.

JeTmAn81

Frantic said:
As a Taskmaster player, I wouldn't say he's top tier. He's definitely very good - high tier easily, but against a solid player he doesn't really have anything that will open them up. His tricks are rather simple. He relies more on punishing, footsies and zoning. He doesn't really have left/right or high/low shenanigens to mess with the other player's head. You also have to be very careful, since a number of his stuff is punishable and you can't just throw them out there.

I will say that Taskmaster is one of the most clutch characters in the game. I've made comebacks against full teams with him. My best victory to date is against team Tokido, with X-Factor being used solely for Dark Phoenix. Felt good.

Agreed about Taskmaster's mixup capabilities, very good players will be able to defend against him pretty well. That's why it's fortunate that he has his arrow chip game to supplement the rushdown and force opponents to go on the offensive and open themselves up. He's a very well balanced character. I actually still think his arrow chip damage should be reduced by about 10% and then he might be perfect.

Also, you guys remember Deathwish, that crazy player at Evo who started Phoenix on point? He was on the WNF stream this week. Still running Phoenix on point.

Top Bottom