• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

shaowebb

CPS2 said:
Whoa WTF @ homeland security taking spooky's laptop and cameras 0_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eJ_L-EdIXA&feature=feedu

Man that is bullshit. What are folks supposed to do anymore? If I gotta fly out to San Fran with a digital copy of my portfolio on jump drives to show to a studio interviewing me what am I supposed to do when I get to the airport and they just decide to randomly take my shit?

I'd be out a god damned career if something like this happened to me.

Team Spooky need there gear for their shows and they are funded based on the revenue that show generates from viewers. What happens if they start losing views after awhile due to camera quality or stream problems? Its good some loans of gear are coming there way but this is fucking with there very livelihoods here.

This isn't protecting anyone homeland security. This is someone acting like an asshole to feel self important. Fucking bullies should NOT be in charge of anyone's well being.

shaowebb said:
Man that is bullshit. What are folks supposed to do anymore? If I gotta fly out to San Fran with a digital copy of my portfolio on jump drives to show to a studio interviewing me what am I supposed to do when I get to the airport and they just decide to randomly take my shit?

I'd be out a god damned career if something like this happened to me.
Well shit. Sounds like Cloud computing really is the future.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Nooo, there's a huge tournament in Holland (neighboring country) the same weekend the local biggest con of the year is also doing a Marvel compo, although that one will be on a much smaller scale and probably pretty low level. Damn, I make a habit of going both days every year and the Holland thing is pretty far but has somehow attracted players like Poongko.

Jintor

This spooky seizure shit is BULLSHIT and I hope Ultradavid can Phoenix Wright the shit out of the department of homeland security. That said, this is probably a larger activist/journalist issue... way above our heads...

Anth0ny

There's gonna be a $1.6 million tourney for Battlefield 3 tourney. Get one up'd DOTA 2.

WHERE YOU AT CAPCOM? for fucks sakes we're buying almost the same game twice in the same year, the least you could do is throw a tourney for the community who supports your shenanigans =P

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
USD said:
Kyohei's M.O.D.O.K. combo is the sexiest thing on the planet.

http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun
Kyohei had SO MANY CHOKES.

I was crying of laughter at his combos.

Sent: LMH S ... L L L L L L AND IT STILL KILLED.

EDIT: *Commercial ends* Jaxel: ITS A WOMAN, I HAVE TO STARE AT YOUR TIT

EDIT2: Nina never really tried SF.. but wants to learn Ultimate. imokaywiththis.jpg.

smurfx

get some go again
oh god i severely underestimated how many more games i needed to level up to master lord. i did pretty good today on ranked and added 40 games and there is still a tiny chunk left to go. i'll probably need to add 40 more games. on the plus side i added another cosmic lord to my victim list. this guys name was quasidomo. looks like the time i meet the most cosmic lords is at night.

Chavelo

Anth0ny said:
There's gonna be a $1.6 million tourney for Battlefield 3 tourney. Get one up'd DOTA 2.

1. On console. LOLOLOLOL
2. DOTA 2 was also 1.6 million. Valve only showed off the 1 million, which was the prize for 1st place. You didn't think 2nd, 3rd and anything below that would walk empty handed, ya?
3. Capcom is too cheap to do shit. All DLC, no support. :p

Anth0ny said:

WHERE YOU AT CAPCOM? for fucks sakes we're buying almost the same game twice in the same year, the least you could do is throw a tourney for the community who supports your shenanigans =P
#esports

Anth0ny

Chavelo said:
1. On console. LOLOLOLOL
2. DOTA 2 was also 1.6 million. Valve only showed off the 1 million, which was the prize for 1st place. You didn't think 2nd, 3rd and anything below that would walk empty handed, ya?
3. Capcom is too cheap to do shit. All DLC, no support. :p

The thing is... these tournaments are all done to promote the game, right? Wouldn't Capcom benefit from hosting a huge tourney? I'd imagine DOTA 2 (outside of America) and Battlefield 3 (strictly inside North America) are going to outsell a Marvel or Street Fighter regardless of a huge tournament. Am I wrong?

Fighting games need this kind of stuff to appeal to more people.

Bah, Capcom is cheap.

smurfx

get some go again
has capcom help any tournaments where they offer like 10 thousand or something for mvc3? do they offer any prize money for the winner of evo?

smurfx said:
has capcom help any tournaments where they offer like 10 thousand or something for mvc3? do they offer any prize money for the winner of evo?
No. The last official tournament they have sponsored is the Street Fighter IV Nationals in 2009. The winner got a SFIV vewlix cab.

Not sure if it's true or not, but apparently Justin Wong won it and gave it to Triforce to sell so he could afford rent.

Grecco

_dementia said:
No. The last official tournament they have sponsored is the Street Fighter IV Nationals in 2009. The winner got a SFIV vewlix cab.

Not sure if it's true or not, but apparently Justin Wong won it and gave it to Triforce to sell so he could afford rent.

Is that in the Kings of chinatown movie?

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
I'm pretty sure it's just WV.

:'(

Yeah you've played me before and know how ass my connection is. You know for awhile they downgraded their basic plan which used to be the one I got now down to 1.6 MBPS download and .5 MPBS upload ?

That shitty connection was $48! I had to pay more just to get what I used to have back at $56.

This is why I decided screw trying to go any further on ranked and that when I do get the time to play it'd be in the lab.

SmokeMaxX

_dementia said:

I'm pretty sure I met the guy who owns that cabinet and he said he bought it from Jwong himself.

smurfx

get some go again
_dementia said:

justin wong would pretty much give all the money he made to triforce so he could pay the rent for the year. i'm assuming after he and the other guys made the money for rent they got a tiny piece of the pie.

Frantic

Team Hyper Combos have been officially added to my game plan. They're AMAZING with Spencer on point. They have the same start up and invincibility as Bionic Lancer, but give Spencer cover with whatever super the other characters on your team has. Sometimes I Bionic Lancer things that should be punishable, but either I don't input the Lancer in time or the lag screws me over and I get punished - with THC, if they block I can't be punished and I have a free mixup opportunity. It also helps Spencer punish assists without getting punished himself.

Also working on my corner pressure. I'm getting used to calling Jam Session mid-block string to keep it going. It's working out pretty well, but I'm going to work on it so that I can keep it going for longer.

Neki

Frantic said:
Team Hyper Combos have been officially added to my game plan. They're AMAZING with Spencer on point. They have the same start up and invincibility as Bionic Lancer, but give Spencer cover with whatever super the other characters on your team has. Sometimes I Bionic Lancer things that should be punishable, but either I don't input the Lancer in time or the lag screws me over and I get punished - with THC, if they block I can't be punished and I have a free mixup opportunity. It also helps Spencer punish assists without getting punished himself.

Also working on my corner pressure. I'm getting used to calling Jam Session mid-block string to keep it going. It's working out pretty well, but I'm going to work on it so that I can keep it going for longer.

Ammy is probably the best cover you get from a THC. Gives you such good mix-ups.

sephi22

Frantic said:
Team Hyper Combos have been officially added to my game plan.
Team hypers are underrated. People give little to no regard to THCs while making a team. Besides Wesker player, you rarely see THCs in a match.

Dante and Ammy make good characters for THCs as their hypers last longer than others, and lets your point character get free followup hypers/combos/mixups.

Frantic

Ultimoo said:
Ammy is probably the best cover you get from a THC. Gives you such good mix-ups.
Definitely - full screen, out there a long time, obscures everything... I have considered running Spencer/Ammy/Dante, but I'm not very good with Ammy and her assists don't really help out Spencer. Million Dollars is good enough for me since it's one of the longest lasting hypers in the game. I think it's even longer than Ammy's.

sephi22 said:
Dante and Ammy make good characters for THCs as their hypers last longer than others, and lets your point character get free followup hypers/combos/mixups.
I'm going to see if I can get Taskmaster's unblockable off while Dante's Million Dollars is going off, lol.

I'm also going to try to work crossover counters into my game next. I could probably go from Dante/Taskmaster into Spencer getting an immediate Bionic Lancer for invulnerable punishes. I'll have to test it out sometime.

Neki

Frantic said:
Definitely - full screen, out there a long time, obscures everything... I have considered running Spencer/Ammy/Dante, but I'm not very good with Ammy and her assists don't really help out Spencer. Million Dollars is good enough for me since it's one of the longest lasting hypers in the game. I think it's even longer than Ammy's.

I'm going to see if I can get Taskmaster's unblockable off while Dante's Million Dollars is going off, lol.

I'm also going to try to work crossover counters into my game next. I could probably go from Dante/Taskmaster into Spencer getting an immediate Bionic Lancer for invulnerable punishes. I'll have to test it out sometime.

Ammy is easy. let me show you the beginner combo for Ammy using disc.

c.L or j.H -> s.MHHHHHS -> j.MHHH xx qcf + H -> s.MHHS + TK Okami Shuffle
close to 600k damage, works mid-screen (you have to adjust the air combo for shorter characters though) and it's easy!

Frantic

lol, her combos aren't the issue. I can do her more intermediate combos, and even do the multiple Okami Shuffles with the glaive stance. It's more that her playstyle doesn't really mesh with me.

Neki

Frantic said:
lol, her combos aren't the issue. I can do her more intermediate combos, and even do the multiple Okami Shuffles with the glaive stance. It's more that her playstyle doesn't really mesh with me.
how can constant rushdown and ridiculous hitboxes not fit your playstyle?!

Frantic

She might be rush down, but I don't like her ground dash being a run, and I don't like her air dash being so floaty.

I don't know, she just doesn't mesh with me all that much.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Frantic said:
She might be rush down, but I don't like her ground dash being a run, and I don't like her air dash being so floaty.

I don't know, she just doesn't mesh with me all that much.
Just mash buttons and win. jk :D .... sorta :D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
q's weakness is that he doesn't know how to guard against mashing and slow normals.

REAL TALK.
hahaha, more like well with the way stuff works in every other game I should be able to do a counter attack now! LADSLFJAL;SDFJLLASD;FDHGFODG dead. :D I mostly blame online XD

Frantic

I'll be honest. My brain just shuts off when I see people mashing buttons. It's like, I can see Wolverine doing his Berserker Slash + Assist and block it, but if he's just jumping up and doing Dive Kick over and over, I lock up and mess everything up. I don't get it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Frantic said:
I'll be honest. My brain just shuts off when I see people mashing buttons. It's like, I can see Wolverine doing his Berserker Slash + Assist and block it, but if he's just jumping up and doing Dive Kick over and over, I lock up and mess everything up. I don't get it.
SWISS CHEESE
SWISS CHEESE
SWISS CHEESE

Riposte said:
Imagine what a random million dollar prize would do to the fighting game community. Probably not good things.
Phoenix would be banned from tournament use within a matter of minutes lol.
QisTopTier said:
No taskmaster is qcf plus button of choice and win
You are like the smartest guy in here, man.

:p

Frantic

QisTopTier said:
No taskmaster is qcf plus button of choice and win
You're forgetting SHIELD SKILLS. When in doubt, just SHIELD SKILLS!

Quick question for everyone. Who do you guys think is Phoenix's worst matchup? I'm a little curious to know what you guys think.

Neki

Frantic said:
You're forgetting SHIELD SKILLS. When in doubt, just SHIELD SKILLS!

Quick question for everyone. Who do you guys think is Phoenix's worst matchup? I'm a little curious to know what you guys think.

THE DOG, AMIRITE?

Phoenix, or Dark Phoenix?

I think the following characters have a good chance of catching either:
Super-Skrull (random meteor smash)
Dormammu (screen control)
Arthur (level 3 + XFC)
Amaterasu (THC)
Spencer (strong ability to pressure even DP)
Storm (DHC)
Spider-man (duh)

Dahbomb

Phoenix doesn't have a "worst" match up, more like who has the best chance against her one on one.

I think I made a list on that. Dormammu, Magneto, Dante, Trish, Spencer, Storm and Amaterasu. Spider Man is the official "ace up the sleeve" on a team that can one shot a Phoenix, no other character can do what Spider Man can consistently.

Other characters have decent hail maries against Phoenix like Skrull and Taskmaster M+H Legion arrows.

I guess Arthur too. That LVL3 is no joke for sure.

Dahbomb

You should learn Spider Man for Spider Man because he's awesome. Plus there is a new video on SRK on Spider Man, just a combo video though.

Frantic

Alright, those are pretty much the characters who I assumed were the general consensus.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Dante is the best character to use against Phoenix. Long normals, two invincible specials, fairly fast Level 3 for quick punishes, able to regen his health, able to lock her down extremely well even solo, has options to punish her tracking orbs, can avoid the orbs, has his own teleport, can make all his normals safe if they whiff, crazy mixups, one of the best to open her up on the way in... even in Dark Phoenix and X-Factor, I still think Dante has a decent shot against her over a lot of characters. At the very least, I find him to be one of the easiest to run out X-Factor time against her.

But again, I'm probably in the minority. The only actual experience I have against Phoenix is online, but from my experience Dante is really good against Phoenix. Then again, I don't find Phoenix that bad to fight against in general. Hell, X-Factor Level 3 Wesker scares me more than X-Factor Level 3 Phoenix. *shrug*

Top Bottom