• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
How does an IM player not know about j.H hit confirms? Oh and you should know that j.H hit confirm does not work on all characters, it usually whiffs on the usual suspects + some crouching opponents. Only real use for that is mixing up j.H as you are falling after doing a little zoning with Smart Bombs/unibeam in the air because you can't just do straight jump into j.H that shit gets you killed with a cross under launcher.

The Unibeam set ups were nice, that shit is getting x-copied too especially jump up j.L resets.

What's actually mind blowing is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCCUs-ooQmI&feature=player_embedded

Hopefully we can get some expanded technology on this in UMVC3 when it's special cancelable.
MY MIND

MY MIND IS BLOWN

Although "any range" is kinda pushing it.

Also yeah a lot of that stuff in the new IM tutorial is covered in the Unispektrum one but this one is good too and has some unique tricks I haven't personally seen before, and it's much more nicely set up.

Man.. Iron Man combos are so sexy. I wish I had nearly enough execution to perform them. ;_; I don't stray far from double-jump combos ;_;

Dahbomb

You can get more than enough mileage out of the double jump combos as well especially if you play Iron Man anchor (because then you will have access to meter and X Factor anyway). It's more important to learn his mini-air loop, combos after air throw/in the corner, mix ups and his hit confirms.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
MY MIND

MY MIND IS BLOWN

Although "any range" is kinda pushing it.

Also yeah a lot of that stuff in the new IM tutorial is covered in the Unispektrum one but this one is good too and has some unique tricks I haven't personally seen before, and it's much more nicely set up.

Man.. Iron Man combos are so sexy. I wish I had nearly enough execution to perform them. ;_; I don't stray far from double-jump combos ;_;

From that link I saw this and now I realize I have missed out on something very very good with Ironman.

My God he killed him

Dahbomb

You know what I just realized...

WHERE THE FUCK IS IRON MAN'S KNEE DIVE MOVE? He needs that shit now more than ever. With all the dive kicks running around Iron Man deserves one too.

Especially since Seth mentioned that Iron Man might be getting a new move. HIT ME WITH WHAT YOU GOT CAPCOM!

In addition, looking at this video again... Iron Man's Unibeam L is still hella fast (check out when he cancels it from cr.H). It appears that air Unibeam L is the same but the ground version is faster. And that's perfectly fine by me.

I played a little bit of ranked, which I haven't done since week 2 or so. Yep, I'm still ass at this game.

As a consolation, after the game matched me back up with the guy who had just near-perfected me, I did manage to get off a beginning-of-round air throw, wolverine slide, x-factor into dead first character. He still kicked my ass after that, but I'll take the small personal victories where I can get 'em.

smurfx

get some go again
Parallax Scroll said:
I played a little bit of ranked, which I haven't done since week 2 or so. Yep, I'm still ass at this game.

As a consolation, after the game matched me back up with the guy who had just near-perfected me, I did manage to get off a beginning-of-round air throw, wolverine slide, x-factor into dead first character. He still kicked my ass after that, but I'll take the small personal victories where I can get 'em.
you ran away from me! i pm'd you on live and you signed off right away. >_>

GhostRidah said:
isMeYgctTdKbM.gif
oh goodness.

viewtiful_dru said:
I dunno how to fight dogs bro.
It is no biggie. Your Spencer was pretty good. I like how you took advantage of his mobility in an effort to try and confuse me. Seems like you rely on Dante's normals a little too much. You gotta throw more arrows with Tasky too. Those stupid things do a ton of damage lol.

Kimosabae

Banned
Dahbomb said:
How does an IM player not know about j.H hit confirms?

lol, delightfully condescending. Especially since I was only referring to one setup that, to the best of my knowledge, no Iron Man has been spotted using.

Oh and you should know that j.H hit confirm does not work on all characters, it usually whiffs on the usual suspects + some crouching opponents. Only real use for that is mixing up j.H as you are falling after doing a little zoning with Smart Bombs/unibeam in the air because you can't just do straight jump into j.H that shit gets you killed with a cross under launcher.

Theory fighting at it's finest (read: worst). I don't have plans to just jump straight up and down, naked, looking to land j. H 2 character lengths away. I also have technology not mentioned in any of those vids that sets this up nicely, though I have yet to test it against all crouching opponents. IM doesn't need to be airborne to land j. H :)

I'm not sure who the "usual suspects" are but I managed to land this against Arthur - not at max range, but it doesn't have to be max range to useful to me.

Dahbomb

IM doesn't need to be airborne to land j. H
Flight cancel on ground into j.H or box dash into j.H?

Usual suspects that I try stuff out on are crouch/blocking Amaterasu, Morrigan, Phoenix.

Especially since I was only referring to one setup that, to the best of my knowledge, no Iron Man has been spotted using.
If you are talking about j.H hit confirm into double jump j. d+H you don't see anyone use it because it's a hard hit confirm to learn. In the middle of spacing and tri-jumping sometime you might double jump too much or not at all and miss that particular hit confirm. I just think Iron Man has better/easier hit confirms than that.

SolarPowered said:
It is no biggie. Your Spencer was pretty good. I like how you took advantage of his mobility in an effort to try and confuse me. Seems like you rely on Dante's normals a little too much. You gotta throw more arrows with Tasky too. Those stupid things do a ton of damage lol.

thanks for playing though. The reason why I started playing online again is because there are many characters I don't see played often. But the traces of lag really fuck me up, so it's something I gotta get used to. I didn't feel like I could do some of the advanced stuff because of the delay.

But no excuses right!? I have to play you again

Dahbomb

Iron Man can now chain his cr.H into st.H and he can follow up the hard knockdown from his Repulsor Spread into Smart Bombs.

Cr.H best normal in the game now? Damage on block, good frames on block and can be special canceled.

Also a huge bunch of Zero changes were discovered in the latest build. Changelog has been split into 2 parts because it went over the character limit for a single post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31428600#post31428600

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31428644#post31428644

Dahbomb

UMVC3 stuff is generally discussed in the other thread. Since we were talking about Iron Man anyway I thought I would drop by some info plus the new links for the changelog.

viewtiful_dru said:
thanks for playing though. The reason why I started playing online again is because there are many characters I don't see played often. But the traces of lag really fuck me up, so it's something I gotta get used to. I didn't feel like I could do some of the advanced stuff because of the delay.

But no excuses right!? I have to play you again
I had a fiv bar connection with you as far as I could tell.

I bet you've never seen someone use my team though haha.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is it bad that I get sick enjoyment out of trolling people with arthur who use all the top tier based teams and I still get near perfects save for times where I eat a hit into touch of death XD
I have a touch of death arthur combo as well though lol

Frantic

QisTopTier said:
Is it bad that I get sick enjoyment out of trolling people with arthur who use all the top tier based teams and I still get near perfects save for times where I eat a hit into touch of death XD
Nah man, I LOVE doing this to people. Trolling with low tier against top tier is hilariously fun. I also get a lot of enjoyment out of picking the same team as the other person and then beating them with it. It's so good.

@SolarPowered, true we had a 5 bar connection, but like I'm really sensitive to input lag

though yeah, your team is unique; you showed me some stuff that I never really thought about or had seen before.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
viewtiful_dru said:
@SolarPowered, true we had a 5 bar connection, but like I'm really sensitive to input lag

though yeah, your team is unique; you showed me some stuff that I never really thought about or had seen before.
Let's play later dru :p

I'm actually serious about dropping Zero, so I've been experimenting with a few new teams. At the moment I'm running Wolverine/Taskmaster/Akuma. I'm just getting started with Task, but he's a beast! Wolverine is pretty clearly my best character, so I'm keeping him. Akuma's mostly just there to extend Wolverine combos and to get comeback wins with his purple bullshit. So I'd be open to replacing Akuma with a different combo extender character. Or I could just keep on using Akuma.

Don't play him, Dru. It is just terrible.

:O(
QisTopTier said:
I'll drink to that shit, bro.
viewtiful_dru said:

Thank you

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Solar. Pick arthur in a player match or what ever sometime and just air throw people it's fucking hilarious, he has one of if not the biggest air throw range in the game :D

Kimosabae

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Flight cancel on ground into j.H or box dash into j.H?

Usual suspects that I try stuff out on are crouch/blocking Amaterasu, Morrigan, Phoenix.

The former. Been sleeping on putting it into muscle memory for a long while, but that combo gives me the perfect reason to establish it into my game, fully. An unexpected overhead from 1 1/2 - 2 character lengths away is great on paper, because it could potentially open people up in awkward situations, but I couldn't get it to lead to anything worth a damn, even in the corner.

If you are talking about j.H hit confirm into double jump j. d+H you don't see anyone use it because it's a hard hit confirm to learn. In the middle of spacing and tri-jumping sometime you might double jump too much or not at all and miss that particular hit confirm. I just think Iron Man has better/easier hit confirms than that.

Practice makes perfect. It's just a timing issue if you miss the DJ - not that difficult. Just make sure you hardwire into your brain that you're not supposed to hit jump until after the j. H lands.

I'll admit that the combo's versatility isn't what I thought it was after spotting it in that vid. The hitconfirm doesn't seem to work at the range exhibited in the vid against everybody. Even still, being able to hitconfirm from 1 1/2 character lengths away into a full combo can't be ignored. Not taking the opponent's assist usage into account, if I space Iron Man properly, I can zone right outside most character's hitconfirmable range and be at a distinct advantage. When my execution of the iFC j.H (Instant Flight Cancel j.H) gets fluid and fully established, I can see it being cheap as hell. That's not even taking into account setups with Assists.

smurfx said:
:p hey if you want any tips i can help. you run lots of the same characters i do.
how do i not get killed by all your bullshit

Non-troll response:

Aside from the fact that you're playing at a much higher level than me, here's a few things I noticed.

- I really don't have much experience vs Haggar assist, so I didn't even really try any Wolverine Akuma shenanigans.
- That's a nice Taskmaster crossup with the shield on incoming characters. You got me with that a few times.
- I've only been using Task for like a day, but trying to out-arrow you was pointless. Are you tiger kneeing those arrows or something?
- You pretty consistently managed to start the round with Zero at the perfect spacing. And when you can't get a start-of-round crouching B, that Hienkyaku/arrows crossup is pretty nice.

Tobe

Parallax Scroll said:
how do i not get killed by all your bullshit

Non-troll response:

Aside from the fact that you're playing at a much higher level than me, here's a few things I noticed.

- I really don't have much experience vs Haggar assist, so I didn't even really try any Wolverine Akuma shenanigans.
- That's a nice Taskmaster crossup with the shield on incoming characters. You got me with that a few times.
- I've only been using Task for like a day, but trying to out-arrow you was pointless. Are you tiger kneeing those arrows or something?
- You pretty consistently managed to start the round with Zero at the perfect spacing. And when you can't get a start-of-round crouching B, that Hienkyaku/arrows crossup is pretty nice.

Troll response:

SHIELD SKILLZZZZZZ

Top Bottom