• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
I'm the worst player on gaf imo
If you were on 360 I could prove you wrong.

SolarPowered said:
She died a long time ago.
It's okay, we can rebuild her.

Marvel_Vs._Capcom_3_Hsien-Ko_Ending_02.png

Tobe

Parallax Scroll said:
GGs Tobe. I got bodied, but not as bad as against smurfx. I only know how to beat scrubs, damn it!
smurf will not let you play, well thats the point of marvel not letting the other guy play at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Parallax Scroll said:
Have we fought? You're on my friends list so we must have.
Yeah I believe we have, you run the Zero team right?

I think I've beat you a few times near launch and then got destroyed by you last time we played.

enzo_gt said:
Yeah I believe we have, you run the Zero team right?

I think I've beat you a few times near launch and then got destroyed by you last time we played.
I'm fed up with Zero but yeah, that's generally who I've been running. Should we run it back?

viewtiful_dru said:
I get the feeling that Q is just the best troll
aww hell naw

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Parallax Scroll said:
I'm fed up with Zero but yeah, that's generally who I've been running. Should we run it back?
Once I get some free time I'll be sure to send ya an invite. Been caught up with Gears recently, and more importantly school which is destroying my free time.

enzo_gt said:
It's okay, we can rebuild her.
Frankly, I can't wait for the new game so that I can use someone new in her place.

I like the avatar, but the character is just getting on my nerves in the game and I don't like most of the suitable replacements either. I don't even want to talk about her anymore.

Probably gonna dump Morrigan unless they change her up with the ground dash.

SolarPowered said:
Frankly, I can't wait for the new game so that I can use someone new in her place.

I like the avatar, but the character is just getting on my nerves in the game and I don't like most of the suitable replacements either. I don't even want to talk about her anymore.

so do you want to like play or what

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:

Morrigans getting hella buffed elsewhere though. What's your team currently?

Only recently have I been tinkering with new characters. My Dorm/Iron Man/Super-Skrull team just had a lot of forced kind of synergy and I've been the Iron Man/Ryu/Taskmaster team that Shaowebb proposed quite effectively, but I'm not really vibing with Taskmaster. He was fun at first, but I kinda got bored. Looking to replace him with Iron Fist myself.

smurfx

get some go again
Parallax Scroll said:
how do i not get killed by all your bullshit

Non-troll response:

Aside from the fact that you're playing at a much higher level than me, here's a few things I noticed.

- I really don't have much experience vs Haggar assist, so I didn't even really try any Wolverine Akuma shenanigans.
- That's a nice Taskmaster crossup with the shield on incoming characters. You got me with that a few times.
- I've only been using Task for like a day, but trying to out-arrow you was pointless. Are you tiger kneeing those arrows or something?
- You pretty consistently managed to start the round with Zero at the perfect spacing. And when you can't get a start-of-round crouching B, that Hienkyaku/arrows crossup is pretty nice.
yeah i usually use double lariat when wolverine is in the air and dropping dive kicks.

you should try that taskmaster cross up. just dash with task before they come in and then shield skill their ass and then launch them. that will make them block in all directions and a lot of the time they won't. try it with haggar's assist too since you are using him. if they block then try to throw them. just be quick about it since you might get haggar and your character caught by some low hits. if they are hitting haggar then try and push block them away.

you should start off the rounds with zero by throwing out M. you will be surprised how many people get caught by surprise. that thing has more range than most people think it does. be careful on your spacing though. some characters can mess you up like wesker if you are too close. sorry for not answering sooner but i had to go to work pretty much after we finished playing.

smurfx

get some go again
man i've been getting wrecked by dr doom lately. honzo gonzo whooped me 5-1 and today i played dios x reloaded 3 times and got wrecked by dr doom. i didn't even play honzo gonzo's real team. i did pretty good against his other characters but then when it came down to doom i always got caught. he would activate x factor at the perfect time and then dead characters. btw i saw honzo let magneto's shockwave pass through his ammy and then attacked magneto. how the hell did he do that? doesn't shockwave push you back?

Dahbomb

Get ready for Doom DIVE KICKS in UMVC3.

Also Morrigan's meter building assist is going to be really strong in UMVC3 (at the very least stronger than before) because overall meter gain has been reduced in the game. I can see the return of Trish/Morrigan/Phoenix aka "lamest team ever".

Oh and had another visit in my time machine. These characters are competitively viable in UMVC3:

Vergil (still the best character in the game)
Strider
Firebrand
Magneto
Dr Doom
Wesker
Wolverine
Phoenix
Dr Strange
Dante
Dormammu
Sentinel
Trish
Storm
Crimson Viper
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Taskmaster
Spencer
Zero
Nova
Amaterasu
She Hulk
Frank West
Spider Man
Ryu
Rocket Raccoon
Akuma
Iron Man
Deadpool
X-23
Chris
Felicia
Morrigan

Out of the new characters, Frank West is really fucking good like much better than people expected him to be. Rocket is like Ammy and Nova is like a more solid Iron Man although overall Iron Man is really good too.

Phoenix Wright people are trying to figure out his gimmicks just like MODOK. Nemesis, Iron Fist and Hulk are in same tier, same problems but if they get a hit they kill. Captain America is solid mid tier with Tron. Joe, Thor, Skrull, Shuma, Jill are pretty much the same place as they were before. ASS tier is Chun Li, Hsien Ko, Arthur, Haggar.

Also Morrigan's meter building assist is going to be really strong in UMVC3 (at the very least stronger than before) because overall meter gain has been reduced in the game. I can see the return of Trish/Morrigan/Phoenix aka "lamest team ever".
The problem with Morrigan's meter building assist is that you need a character that can make really, really good use of meter, and there are only a handful of characters that love meter enough for a dedicated assist, and the bigger problem: it's only really useful for characters that can do well without assists backing them up.

So yeah, your above team is a decent example, but Trish and Morrigan are just there for Phoenix, and it's not really a team someone would want to play if they want to fully enjoy Trish or Morrigan, if you follow me.

Dahbomb

Of course, I am just saying that with meter building more difficult and combos generally being nerfed... that gimmicky strategy of flying all day long with Trish setting up traps and spamming Morrigan assist might end up being a more legit strategy for Phoenix based teams.

There are characters in UMVC3 that can do well enough solo and need a ton of meter. Strider, Firebrand and Vergil come immediately to mind. I don't plan on using the Morrigan assist but if I were good with Morrigan I would definitely consider it. The prospect of having access to SS for a long duration is too good to pass up.

I just hope they take a look at her ground dash and combos off of throws. I know the first is unlikely, but she really isn't missing much else besides these two things.

They're saving Morrigan's divekick for UMvC3:pE.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
If you were on 360 I could prove you wrong.

Worst player on 360? Enzo_GT?

Challenge accepted. I haven't been neglecting MVC3 for nearly a month now for college to have someone take my crown of free-est player away that easily!

Wait...I think I'm doing this wrong somehow.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
Worst player on 360? Enzo_GT?

Challenge accepted. I haven't been neglecting MVC3 for nearly a month now for college to have someone take my crown of free-est player away that easily!

Wait...I think I'm doing this wrong somehow.
We can fail at Iron Fist's magic series together in UMvC3!

Also cross-posting from UMvC3 thread:

metal_fatigue_by_ukitakumuki-d4botux.jpg

Deviantart page of artist.

That's a really nice image Enzo.

Of course, I am just saying that with meter building more difficult and combos generally being nerfed... that gimmicky strategy of flying all day long with Trish setting up traps and spamming Morrigan assist might end up being a more legit strategy for Phoenix based teams.

There are characters in UMVC3 that can do well enough solo and need a ton of meter. Strider, Firebrand and Vergil come immediately to mind. I don't plan on using the Morrigan assist but if I were good with Morrigan I would definitely consider it. The prospect of having access to SS for a long duration is too good to pass up.
Ah, agreed. Looks like another indirect buff to my team in UMvC3...!

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
We can fail at Iron Fist's magic series together in UMvC3!

LOL.

I'd love to just stage day 1 on stream with you a match where we go head to head as Iron Fist and Iron Man and we do a LMH wiff on launcher get countered by other guy's LMH wiff launcher.

At this point we just stop playing do nothing for a second and rage quit the match for the lols we'd get on the stream.

I made a post on GFAQs for you Max - it's completely irrational for me to be so excited about this happening for you, since I don't even know you beyond this keyboard, but I'm pumped and glad.

smurfx said:
haha i beat marlin pie 5-3 right now on live oratory. :D
I remember the first time we played and I blew you up like 15-3. Now you are constantly one upping me whenever I settle score and you are holding your own against tourneyfolk!

*wipes tear from his cheek*

They grow up so fast. t_t

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
I remember the first time we played and I blew you up like 15-3. Now you are constantly one upping me whenever I settle score and you are holding your own against tourneyfolk!

*wipes tear from his cheek*

They grow up so fast. t_t
http://www.twitch.tv/live_oratory/b/296640490

it starts right at the beginning. haggar catches viper much more than i thought it would. don't let the first 4 matches fool you! i do win eventually. :p those matches when it was just haggar, all i was doing was trying to do was catch him with at least one pile driver. failed all the times. :(

btw: that first match i did not mean to throw out that random hyper by haggar. i was trying to hoodlum toss viper and i accidentally pressed two buttons.

Dahbomb

GhostRidah said:
NerdJosh on Why We Hate You with FC Jago

http://youtu.be/8AIE-B0g4HQ
God this is hilarious!

"For all you little kids out there... you don't get far with Captain America".

Cold hard truth.

The major weakness of Vergil from what I can tell is that he is weak defensively in the air. What I mean is that if Vergil is coming in after a character kill he has much less options to get out of said mix up than someone like Dante (who has air dash, double jump, Hammer, air Guitar, Killer Bee etc). Vergil has the wall jump, the Starfall, Helm Breaker and not much else. His options improve if he's in DT but until he touches the ground, he is a flying duck. Of course when he touches the ground he should be fine because he can teleport away/up, do Rapid Slash and get out of there or burn a meter for safety (SS or DT).

Vergil is still going to be fine as long as I play him like a Wesker/Wolverine character with Dante like range. Apply pressure, dive kick, Rapid slash cross ups and teleport mix ups all day. Best defense is an offense.

Andre appears to use Dante/Trish as meter users on his team with Wesker as the builder. He can possibly switch out Dante for Vergil as the main user on the team or switch Wesker with Vergil and make Dante the primary meter builder. Let mentioned before his set ups with the Peekaboo assist are way too good and with Vergil it's going to be hell on earth.... if he gets over the "Vergil is a clone dick rider".

I am hyped to see Jago vs Viscant FT7 at Season Beatings.

Not to demean your victories Smurf, but it looks like network lag was really slaughtering MarlinPie's execution in those matches.

Edit: And you TAC spam. :-O

And all this time I thought you played Haggar...

smurfx

get some go again
Karsticles said:
Not to demean your victories Smurf, but it looks like network lag was really slaughtering MarlinPie's execution in those matches.

Edit: And you TAC spam. :-O

And all this time I thought you played Haggar...
i know online had a lot to do with my wins. he ain't dropping lots of the same combos in real life. lots of fun playing marlin, quotes and honzo gonzo too. since they will now have sort of a regular schedule i'll be challenging them on their stream and hoping they accept. you don't get better by playing 9th lords on ranked. funny thing is that masta cj sent me a game invite right before i was going to play marlin. yesterday was my lucky day or something :p fchamp also streams and i'm hoping he starts playing marvel online. right now he seems to be only playing ae online. oh and tac spam. i only try to do one at the beginning of the match and that is pretty much it. i don't usually use it that much. just enough to build a second meter and use tasks hyper and use sougenmu before tagging out.

You could build a second bar by doing a full combo with Zero. >_>

Very cool that you're getting time in with them. I look forward to you sharing more matches (especially against F Champ if that happens).

smurfx

get some go again
Karsticles said:
You could build a second bar by doing a full combo with Zero. >_>

Very cool that you're getting time in with them. I look forward to you sharing more matches (especially against F Champ if that happens).
i don't want to do those combos with zero. >_> i'm afraid of dropping them and getting punished. there's a whole lot of things i could be doing with my characters but i always choose to play it safe. it ain't flashy but its my style i guess. i'm using what i learned in mvc3 and applying it to umvc3 and learning my 3 characters instead of having one character (tasky) and two assists. mvc3 is the first fighting game i've ever took seriously and learned. there are many things i don't know how to do. my execution is still very average.

Top Bottom