• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Dahbomb

Yeah there was, it was a misconception as Max put it "mash theory". So stuff that was said to do less damage before actually does about the same damage.

I checked Dark Phoenix's LVL3XF time.. it's closer to 12-13 Marvel seconds. Lower than both Nemesis and Sentinel but not enough to be a HUGE difference. I think that's going to be the range: 12, 13, 14, 15 seconds. I doubt anyone would have XF time LESS than Phoenix that would be quite dumb.

Is it weird that while I totally agree and (for my personal taste) I find a lot more in getting a PS3 over a 360, I'm getting a 360 for Ultimate? Something about having the ability to play the best version of Ultimate and a few other games (Bayonetta & Sonic Generations primarily) is pulling me in that direction now.
Bayonetta is the sole redeeming factor of my 360.

The 360 was free though, so I don't "regret" the purchase.

Jintor

enzo_gt said:
Multiplatform game redeems your 360?

Damn.

B performed substantially better on the 360 than on the PS3, to the point where at least one notable publication reviewed PS3 and 360 seperately and gave them different scores.

Anth0ny

Dahbomb said:
I checked Dark Phoenix's LVL3XF time.. it's closer to 12-13 Marvel seconds. Lower than both Nemesis and Sentinel but not enough to be a HUGE difference. I think that's going to be the range: 12, 13, 14, 15 seconds. I doubt anyone would have XF time LESS than Phoenix that would be quite dumb.

Another thing I noticed about Dark Phoenix was, although she is nerfed in pretty much every way, when used by a competent player (Champ), she's still gonna blow through full teams, contrary to what Seth said. Now, instead of aaaaaaa s BURN IN THE FLAMES, it's gonna be aaaaaa s a couple more moves BURN IN THE FLAMES.

tumblr_lobyxlistN1qaeizvo1_500.gif

10 MORE MONTHS

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jintor said:
B performed substantially better on the 360 than on the PS3, to the point where at least one notable publication reviewed PS3 and 360 seperately and gave them different scores.
Nyoro SF said:
You probably do not realize that Bayonetta on the PS3 was very poorly received.
Duly noted. Always wanted to pick up Bayonetta to see what the hubbub is about but alas can't be found for sale anywhere near me.

Rynge said:
#10MoreMonths
These jokes never get old to me.

Grecco

Anth0ny said:
Another thing I noticed about Dark Phoenix was, although she is nerfed in pretty much every way, when used by a competent player (Champ), she's still gonna blow through full teams, contrary to what Seth said. Now, instead of aaaaaaa s BURN IN THE FLAMES, it's gonna be aaaaaa s a couple more moves BURN IN THE FLAMES.

tumblr_lobyxlistN1qaeizvo1_500.gif

10 MORE MONTHS

Disagree. The competition there was subpar + the fact that so many people were trying out new stuff. DP is already past her prime and shes gonna be even worse come UMVC imo.

Dahbomb

PS3 Bayonetta is ass, 360 is the superior version.

One of the nerfs to DP is that her feathers don't come out as fast when she is mashing L and they aren't an infinite block string anymore meaning there was a time when he could've been punished but the other player was respecting DP too much. As soon as F Champ figured that out he started to sweat and went to complain about it to Seth "OH NOES I CAN'T MASH MY WAY TO VICTORY ANYMORE!"

Nah F Champ is alright, he does seem to genuinely enjoy the game and had some nice things to say about it. He claims that Phoenix is now back up for him and will may not be on his main team anymore.

DP is already past her prime and shes gonna be even worse come UMVC imo.
Probably true but the bull shit/random factor on her is going to make sure she will make ugly appearances in hail mary attempts to win a set.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WTF IS YIPES DOING AT WNF?

IT AINT SAFE IN THE CITY,
WATCH THE THRONE
I wish this would catch on for Doom's level 3 as it combines the two major sects of GAF I'm part of, KanyeGAF and MahvelGAF

Also, I suggest for UMvC3 we make a new GAF Tag. Call it MahvelGAF, but this way it'll cleanse the old tag (tags?) that are probably full of people who don't play anymore/probably won't buy UMvC3. Get on that for the OT, Intellihealth.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
WTF IS YIPES DOING AT WNF?

IT AINT SAFE IN THE CITY,
WATCH THE THRONE
I wish this would catch on for Doom's level 3 as it combines the two major sects of GAF I'm part of, KanyeGAF and MahvelGAF

Also, I suggest for UMvC3 we make a new GAF Tag. Call it MahvelGAF, but this way it'll cleanse the old tag (tags?) that are probably full of people who don't play anymore/probably won't buy UMvC3. Get on that for the OT, Intellihealth.

Sure, I will add when someone make the account.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
If you won't maintain it, I'll make it closer to release so it doesn't get filled up so prematurely.

Maintain would be tough job since people wouldn't delete it off the list when they are done with umvc3. We have to figure out how to work on that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IntelliHeath said:
Maintain would be tough job since people wouldn't delete it off the list when they are done with umvc3. We have to figure out how to work on that.
Well, the person who maintains it can always check who's never active and delete them, but that's kind of tedious, and subjective based on time zones, don't want to delete someone who plays but I just don't see play. Better if people just said straight up "take me off the list" when they quit.

I have a feeling UMvC3 will have less active, core people though.

USD

Anth0ny said:
what in the name of fuck

how did those tornado claws > fatal claw link? That must be his new Wolverine technology lol
It's rarely used, but it's been known about for a bit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anth0ny said:
what in the name of fuck

how did those tornado claws > fatal claw link? That must be his new Wolverine technology lol
It's some of the latest Wolverine tech to come out, but still old, like around Evo time shit.

Mindblowing though. my exact response to it initially was "great, all Wolverine needs is more tools."

Dahbomb

Anth0ny said:
what in the name of fuck

It's old as fuck. Seriously it was discovered like less than 1 month into the game and no one really uses it because a lot of the times you don't even need to. Basically guarantees kills without using XF as long as you are good with B Charge meter management.

And I called it like 5 pages ago or something when someone posted the PRBalrog twitter of "I found a kill combo with Wolverine without using XF".

Anth0ny

Dahbomb said:
It's old as fuck. Seriously it was discovered like less than 1 month into the game and no one really uses it because a lot of the times you don't even need to. Basically guarantees kills without using XF as long as you are good with B Charge meter management.

And I called it like 5 pages ago or something when someone posted the PRBalrog twitter of "I found a kill combo with Wolverine without using XF".

Yeah, I thought I saw it before.

But he did it once.

and then again.

and then again.
I don't think I ever saw 3 lol. But you're right, it's probably because Wolvie doesn't need it to kill a character in one combo.

fuckin logan

Explain to me how these "tags" work, sir?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
Explain to me how these "tags" work, sir?
It's just a gamertag.

Basically XBL has a limit of 100 friends, and that can be an inconvenience for people. So by setting up a gamertag that everyone can add, you can use the friends-of-friends feature on Xbox live to easily hook up with others playing.

You add the gamertag, go check it's profile, look at the "view friends" page, and there you can see every other person who's added that gamertag, and you can send invites/requests/messages to other GAFers without adding everyone individually and using up friend slots on your account.

Dahbomb

But you're right, it's probably because Wolvie doesn't need it to kill a character in one combo.
In most cases what ends up happening is that you do the Wolverine BnB which is like 650K-700K with an assist. Usually since you are starting the match you will have that extra meter and you can easily DHC to another character for over 800K+ damage. If you have 3 bars, you can just drop the LVL3 Weapon X for around a million damage. There are a few times where I just need that extra damage and LVL3 weapon x won't cut it so I have the option of going into the Fatal Claw loop.

Or you can just XF. Basically what I do now is that I do a combo on the point character, go for a reset and kill him with 1 meter max. 2nd character gets XF combo and 3rd characters gets the LVL3. It's completely flow chart and no one can do much about it once the first character dies. It's basically the new vortex. The thing is that all these people talking about Wolverine being Mid tier or lower in UMVC3 don't know that this vortex is still untouched. I can't kill characters in LVL1 XF but I just need 1 reset and then the team crumbles.

JeTmAn81 said:
Also, I've played other fighting games and tried to get into Street Fighter IV but they're just not really for me. Marvel is the only game that's ever really grabbed me, at least since the days of Street Fighter II.
That is damn shame. Personally, I've probably got at two franchises that are on the level of Mahvel for me. Capcom has never been as big of an influence because I'm a huge fan of crazy ass design and aesthetics.

Capcom has always felt bland to me with all the fireballs, footsies and the lack of air block on games like SFIV. I like having control and the faster games give me that in spades.
Karsticles said:
I have all three of this generation's major consoles. I just think paying for XBL is ridiculous, and I have no intention of doing so in the near future. If Microsoft offered a stripped-down online experience, I would consider buying UMvC3 for the 360, but then I would need another fightstick as well.

Plus, outside of GAF, everyone I play with is on the PS3, and I generally like my PS3 more than the 360 (even though I owned a 360 before a PS3), and I think it has a much more interesting selection of games on it. I haven't had a reason to plug my 360 in for a long time (I hate WRPGs and FPSes).
Ultimoo said:
same boat as in karst. not playing for p2p, and the xbox pad sucks.

gg.
Arresteddevelopmentsnoopy-1.gif

enzo_gt said:
It's just a gamertag.

Basically XBL has a limit of 100 friends, and that can be an inconvenience for people. So by setting up a gamertag that everyone can add, you can use the friends-of-friends feature on Xbox live to easily hook up with others playing.

You add the gamertag, go check it's profile, look at the "view friends" page, and there you can see every other person who's added that gamertag, and you can send invites/requests/messages to other GAFers without adding everyone individually and using up friend slots on your account.
Yup, I personally liken it to a "rent a sparring partner!" shop except it is free lol.

I guess you could say it is a non profit shop of some sort haha. Either way, it is pretty convenient. I just wish that gaffers were a little more competitive is all.

It's just a gamertag.

Ohhhhh. I thought it was a GAF thing. I dig.

Capcom has always felt bland to me with all the fireballs, footsies and the lack of air block on games like SFIV. I like having control and the faster games give me that in spades.
Ditto. Games without an air dash are a difficult sale for me.

I will save a seat for you in PSN-GAF if you change your mind!

Dahbomb

God damn Dick Win is fucking Dante in human form.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR HIM TO BE STYLIN' LIKE THAT!!! He got a hard knock down and instead of going into bread and butter he goes into Teleport -> Twister -> LVL3 just for the extra "style" points.

Taking out technical and execution skill, Richard Nguyen IS a Dante player by definition just because he styles more than he should.

Dahbomb

God... Arthur is fucking shit.

LVL3 XF Gold Armor. Storm just lamed him out and when Gold armor popped out Storm just did Gaia off of the hard knockdown into DHC Glitch for the kill.

SMH

Dahbomb said:

LVL3 XF Gold Armor. Storm just lamed him out and when Gold armor popped out Storm just did Gaia off of the hard knockdown into DHC Glitch for the kill.

SMH
The game is fun when the low tier character surprisingly wins!

/NeoG&Niitsuma

Anth0ny

Dahbomb

Man watching the WNFs... every match there were like 20-30 spots where I spotted and said to myself "LOL that shit isn't working in UMVC3 anymore".

Like for example that MODOK vs Dante match up. Dante had Akuma on back up which now isn't a soft knockdown plus Dante has worse range on his normals for anti-air to confirm off of. MODOK gets the combo on Dante does solid damage but when Dante touches him he does like 5 OTGs before finally killing him in one touch. In UMVC3 that match up is going to be WAY more even.

And also the 100 times that Dick Win hit confirmed off of Haggar hard knockdown into TOD with Dante.

I am also reminded of the fact that Zero is going to own up in UMVC3. Better believe it.

Anth0ny

Dahbomb said:
I am also reminded of the fact that Zero is going to own up in UMVC3. Better believe it.

At least he won't be able to do that loop shit in the corner off DHC glitch any more. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

SmokeMaxX

Dahbomb said:

SMH
Storm shouldn't be able to lame out lvl 3 xf gold armor Arthur unless she comes in way late into his XF or she can match his XF. One touch and she dies (infinite lance chip blockstring).

Dahbomb

Anth0ny said:
At least he won't be able to do that loop shit in the corner off DHC glitch any more. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.
His BnB still pretty much builds a ton of meter and does enough damage to kill off characters provided he has assists. TODs are still going to be in this game people but it's going to come from characters who slipped under Capcom's radar (Viper, Doom, Zero).

Storm shouldn't be able to lame out lvl 3 xf gold armor Arthur unless she comes in way late into his XF or she can match his XF. One touch and she dies (infinite lance chip blockstring).
Yeah that only works if the opponent is on the ground and Arthur tags them with the lance. Storm was constantly jumping/floating full screen away and was just blocking the Homing Arrows patiently.

Arthur is always going to be ass until his hard knockdown is removed from Gold armor de-power up. Imagine him going up against Doom in UMVC3.... lol gold armor deactivates and Doom tri-dashes in and does a full combo on him. WHY IS SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN THE GAME?

Side Note: The amount of people who didn't know that Cat Crawl crosses up in the game is absurd. It's like wtf... talk about being slept on. Also I don't know why but I have the feeling that it might have i-frames in UMVC3.... who knows.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Dahbomb said:
Side Note: The amount of people who didn't know that Cat Crawl crosses up in the game is absurd. It's like wtf... talk about being slept on. Also I don't know why but I have the feeling that it might have i-frames in UMVC3.... who knows.
It already does have some invincibility. And I believe he was saying that the move crosses up immediately, even before she actually passes the opponent. Which is something I actually need to check because I wasn't even aware of that.

Dahbomb

Yeah was not aware that she is on the other side when she is at the front of the screen. In the matches it was definitely playing out that way.

Oh and I meant i-frames on START UP because that's where the utility is. Like what they gave Captain America.

Edit: It's MAHVEL party time at my house. Gonna be going Wolverine all day long as a final send off to his broken self in vanilla. Tony Stark will be taking a break today.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
God damn Dick Win is fucking Dante in human form.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR HIM TO BE STYLIN' LIKE THAT!!! He got a hard knock down and instead of going into bread and butter he goes into Teleport -> Twister -> LVL3 just for the extra "style" points.

Taking out technical and execution skill, Richard Nguyen IS a Dante player by definition just because he styles more than he should.
I hope he sticks with him in Ultimate, just because the amount of style he lays onto people is criminal and it's absolutely hilarious to watch. I also think he should switch his team to an 'all-style' team for Ultimate. Something like Dante/Zero/Viper for maximum style. :p

Kimosabae

Banned
Part 1 of Noel VS Combofiend Casuals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkoH_z4pwKs&feature=player_embedded#!

What kind of nerfs did She-Hulk get for Ultimate again? Did they kill her mobility at all? Combo makes me want to replace Iron Man with her. He makes her look so fucking fun to play.

Azure J

OK, so in that WNF archive, JChen said something that made me really really think about running Felicia as a primary complimenting character after I get enough time in the lab with everything. Third Strike Makoto in terms of command grab shenanigans? Hells yes.

I really can't believe I slept on her as much when I think I was the one chuckling it up with Sixfortyfive a while back on how she is gdlk. I just didn't see how deep the rabbit hole went with her. o_O

Top Bottom