• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Ploid 3.0 said:
Hey can you play against a friend in Player Match (for rematch option after KO) if you pick a obscure language in filter (like French) and get paired up on PS3?

Friend says it supposedly don't work but I think a gaffer did it last night in MVC3 Gafchat (PSN).
It works.
Frantic said:
Then again, I've never considered Wesker top five, so my opinion could be invalid by default.
Definitely UNACCEPTABLE.

Hey can you play against a friend in Player Match (for rematch option after KO) if you pick a obscure language in filter (like French) and get paired up on PS3?

Friend says it supposedly don't work but I think a gaffer did it last night in MVC3 Gafchat (PSN).
I do all of my matches this way. It works, and saves SO much time.

Frantic

SolarPowered said:
Definitely UNACCEPTABLE.
If I had to personally rate the 'stupid tier', it would go like:Wolverine>Phoenix>Magneto>Zero>Dante. I haaaaaaaaate playing good Zeros. I've gone up against some really good Weskers, and I'd take them any day of the week over a good Zero.

Part of the reason why I don't find Wesker so stupid might be because I mained him for a while, so I know most of the setups, when someone will go for them, and how to get around them. I also know his gameplans of rushdown and keepaway, and how to get around them. Plus, Wire Grapple > Teleport/Gunshot. :p

Karsticles said:
I do all of my matches this way. It works, and saves SO much time.
Man, I have to start doing this then.

ComboFiend on Devastation showing why Haggar is top tier!

And PR Balrog kills 2 of Noel's characters with Tron without X-Factor. :-O Maybe people will stop pretending she's bad on point, and realize they need to do more than j.H all day? Nah...

Neki

Karsticles said:

And PR Balrog kills 2 of Noel's characters with Tron without X-Factor. :-O Maybe people will stop pretending she's bad on point, and realize they need to do more than j.H all day? Nah...
I wonder what he did. Basic bnb of tron into triple hyper maybe?

I wonder what he did. Basic bnb of tron into triple hyper maybe?
It was odd, he only linked two hypers each time. I'm sure I've seen him do three. Maybe he wanted to keep three bars for her level 3 just in case.

Karsticles said:

Definitely not bad on point like the bottom characters. I wonder how she will far against dedicated zoners though...

Neki

Karsticles said:
It was odd, he only linked two hypers each time. I'm sure I've seen him do three. Maybe he wanted to keep three bars for her level 3 just in case.
triple hyper is really finicky, I think it only works on specific characters.

DR2K

Banned
SolarPowered said:
Definitely not bad on point like the bottom characters. I wonder how she will far against dedicated zoners though...

She won't fare against a dedicated zoner without an assist to cover her.

triple hyper is really finicky, I think it only works on specific characters.
Ah, maybe that's why. He ended all his combos with gunshot -> Servbot Surprise -> Drill -> Lunch Rush (which actually has a different name, but I forget it, and Lunch Rush is better).

She won't fare against a dedicated zoner without an assist to cover her.
Agreed, and just how it should be.

DR2K

Banned
Karsticles said:
Ah, maybe that's why. He ended all his combos with gunshot -> Servbot Surprise -> Drill -> Lunch Rush (which actually has a different name, but I forget it, and Lunch Rush is better).

Agreed, and just how it should be.

In a game where characters can do more for a lot less, and not need an assist to get in? Nope.

In a game where characters can do more for a lot less, and not need an assist to get in? Nope.
The only characters that get in for free against zoning are teleporters. Everyone else now has to work to get in. Those teleporters still want to call an assist to protect their teleport if they don't want to get hit on recovery frames, too. It's pretty rare to see full screen Dante teleports in this game, because it's really unsafe.

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
If anyone ever does say "lol, junior" at you, that just means they've been mentally defeated in whatever argument you were in, or they're just assholes. Gratz on member status. You will now find that people begin replying to your posts more exponentially.
lol 09 user.

Neki

smurfx said:
lol 09 user.
lol haggar user.

He could probably do a DHC glitch to do even more damage instead of doing two Tron hypers. that's what I do with Tron. works with ammy or sent.

DR2K

Banned
Karsticles said:
The only characters that get in for free against zoning are teleporters. Everyone else now has to work to get in. Those teleporters still want to call an assist to protect their teleport if they don't want to get hit on recovery frames, too. It's pretty rare to see full screen Dante teleports in this game, because it's really unsafe.

Tron has a large hitbox, crap mobility, a weak projectile game, etc. . . there's working, and there's just asking the guy next to you to put is stick down for a few minutes.

Tron has a large hitbox, crap mobility, a weak projectile game, etc. . . there's working, and there's just asking the guy next to you to put is stick down for a few minutes.
Air dashes = crap mobility? She also has a huge hitbox on her attacks, all of them, does huge damage if she hits, and builds tons of meter. Certainly, she's not Wolverine. But she's not Hsien-ko, either.

We just saw one of the best players in the world lose two characters to a Tron Bonne anchor without X-Factor. Results are inarguable.

He could probably do a DHC glitch to do even more damage instead of doing two Tron hypers. that's what I do with Tron. works with ammy or sent.
She was the only character left.

Neki

Karsticles said:
Air dashes = crap mobility? She also has a huge hitbox on her attacks, all of them, does huge damage if she hits, and builds tons of meter. Certainly, she's not Wolverine. But she's not Hsien-ko, either.

We just saw one of the best players in the world lose two characters to a Tron Bonne anchor without X-Factor. Results are inarguable.

you can't use gun shot when you have two characters though, so I wonder what combo he did.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx said:
lol hsien ko user whats with all these marvel gaf users signing up in 09? did something happen that year? console release?
GAF only lets people in a few times a year, I'm pretty sure in 2009 there were only two waves of juniors.

Frantic

Frantic said:
Wolverine>Phoenix>Magneto>Zero>Dante.
I just wanted to add that although I consider this the 'stupid' tier list, I honestly think Dante is higher than Zero on actual tier list. This is just who I think have the top 5 most stupid tools.

Karsticles said:
Not to mention that you can sometimes get hit during the startup frames. I've eaten my share of projectiles because I tried to teleport, only to get stuffed out.

Ultimoo said:
you can't use gun shot when you have two characters though, so I wonder what combo he did.
The two characters were killed seperately, so the gunshots worked fine. :p

He went straight into the gunshot off of the j.S ground bounce caused during air loops. These were two separate characters. Hence me saying how strong the case is. Tron took out two full characters solo against a top player, and those two characters died completely independent of each other.

GAF only lets people in a few times a year, I'm pretty sure in 2009 there were only two waves of juniors.
It took 9 months for me to get posting privileges.

DR2K

Banned
Karsticles said:

Those dashes are too slow, thing is she way less likely to hit a character than ever hit one on her own. We can make Viewitful joe look good if we bring up hsienko. Not fair.

enzo_gt said:
I got put on the waiting list JUST after a wave of people got in. Took me nearly a year to get my posting privileges.

smurfx

get some go again
Professor Beef said:
I got put on the waiting list JUST after a wave of people got in. Took me nearly a year to get my posting privileges.
i think i got in really quick. i don't remember there being a huge waiting time. maybe they started being tougher after 05 or something.

Those dashes are too slow, thing is she way less likely to hit a character than ever hit one on her own. We can make Viewitful joe look good if we bring up hsienko. Not fair.
I don't see her dashes as being slow, but I use Dormammu, so everything seems fast to me, haha. The second half of that first sentence does not seem comprehensible to me.

I think Viewtiful Joe is a good character, personally. He just takes work, and MvC3's metagame is all about going with the easy wins. Regardless, my point is that it's not fair to say "Tron is terrible on point". There ARE terrible point characters in this game, but Tron is not among them. It's much more fair to say she's somewhere in the mid tier on point, depending on the assists backing her.

Neki

Karsticles said:
He went straight into the gunshot off of the j.S ground bounce caused during air loops. These were two separate characters. Hence me saying how strong the case is. Tron took out two full characters solo against a top player, and those two characters died completely independent of each other.

It took 9 months for me to get posting privileges.

once someone finds the clip, someone show me, still super confused about this, lol.

DR2K said:
She is decent. I'm not sure if her tools will be enough for UMvC3, but it wouldn't hurt if she got a couple of minor buffs to improve her point game.

Neki

oh I thought you guys meant at the same time, lol. Yeah, those were safe bnbs on Tron, he didn't do anything super fancy. He could have linked two king servbots though, the height looked good.

Dahbomb

Zero could easily sneak into top 5. He has had the slowest progression in placements. If more people played him there would be arguments for his placing in top 5. Frantic is somewhat right, no one can argue Zero's toolsets but his effectiveness in tournament has been questionable so people are shy to put him too high. And I am talking about Vanilla but it's too late for that now. Zero should easily be in top 5 now or at the minimum top 10 which he already is.

Wesker is just easier to use so he is top 5 right now. Maybe that will change with UMVC3.

I have said time and time again that Tron's on point capabilities are extremely underrated. Bonne Drill is really good in the air and is a very nice way to get in over air dash j.H. She did get some decent buffs to her on point game especially cancellability from d+H, f+H into launcher meaning she should be able to solo combo after her command throw.

Also Joe's Dodge move is special cancelable. You can do Dodge into Groovy Uppercut for a solid combo. I posted it in the UMVC3 thread with video evidence. That's a big buff IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeyNewin#p/c/A997095CFE464D9C/3/-dRgrT0shC8

You guys can observe more Joe ownage here especially in the 2nd match where he OCVs plus a lot of practical applications for the Dodge into Uppercut. That unblockable set up after the Slow was nice.

In other news I am about to catch up on Devastation tournament archive so I am going to give a little analysis on that as well. I am liking the match ups that I am seeing. Been a while since I saw a major MVC3 tournament.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
Zero could easily sneak into top 5. He has had the slowest progression in placements. If more people played him there would be arguments for his placing in top 5. Frantic is somewhat right, no one can argue Zero's toolsets but his effectiveness in tournament has been questionable so people are shy to put him too high. And I am talking about Vanilla but it's too late for that now. Zero should easily be in top 5 now or at the minimum top 10 which he already is.
I really don't know why Zero isn't getting more results, to be honest. I honestly think he's pretty easy to use...

Dahbomb said:
Also Joe's Dodge move is special cancelable. You can do Dodge into Groovy Uppercut for a solid combo. I posted it in the UMVC3 thread with video evidence. That's a big buff IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeyNewin#p/c/A997095CFE464D9C/3/-dRgrT0shC8

You guys can observe more Joe ownage here especially in the 2nd match where he OCVs plus a lot of practical applications for the Dodge into Uppercut. That unblockable set up after the Slow was nice.
That second match was godlike. Good Joe play is always awesome to see. XD

Dahbomb said:
In other news I am about to catch up on Devastation tournament archive so I am going to give a little analysis on that as well. I am liking the match ups that I am seeing. Been a while since I saw a major MVC3 tournament.
I was going to ask about Devastation until I re-read this haha.

A lot of crazy stuff happens. I'll say that much.

Azure J

Devastation was fucking sickkk. I also find it hilarious that
4 of the EVO top 8 were all put in losers leading up to a Final Round runback between Wong & Combofiend which Wong took. It's like Vanilla Marvel 3 went full circle here.

Dahbomb

I got spoiled with the results but I am going to comment on them anyway.

Top 5 was basically the same top 5 as EVO only with different order. BTW Top 5 for EVO was Viscant, PRBalrog, Justin, Combofiend and Noel. Devastation was Justin, Combofiend, Viscant, PRBalrog and Noel.

For being a game called out for being random as hell it sure puts out hella consistent results.

rukland

Ok asked my fight stick related question in the UMvC3 thread should have been here. But now I am going to move on to another noobish question.

I am trying to find a team I like and that I am able to play well. So far I have Wesker as like the only character I like and am getting good with. I like Doom's style and assists but I am getting the feeling right now he is too "techy" for me to play right. All the dash cancel stuff for combos is hard on my old hands.

Does anyone have suggestions on a decent starting team using Wesker that does not include Sent as I hate him on so many levels.

Grecco

rukland said:
Ok asked my fight stick related question in the UMvC3 thread should have been here. But now I am going to move on to another noobish question.

I am trying to find a team I like and that I am able to play well. So far I have Wesker as like the only character I like and am getting good with. I like Doom's style and assists but I am getting the feeling right now he is too "techy" for me to play right. All the dash cancel stuff for combos is hard on my old hands.

Does anyone have suggestions on a decent starting team using Wesker that does not include Sent as I hate him on so many levels.

Wolverine/Wesker/akuma

rukland

Grecco said:
Wolverine/Wesker/akuma

Really? Do I want to be that guy?

I am willing to give it a shot I guess. But somehow using Wolverine feels dirty after all I have read and seen watching streams.

Dahbomb

You can try Ryu with Wesker. Easy to learn and they both go well together. And Taskmaster too. Dormammu isn't terrible to learn either and goes decently well with Wesker.

Of course Wolverine/Wesker/Akuma is the ultimate team scrubs... and I am a proud user of it.

rukland

Ok well I would prefer Ryu over Wolverine so I am going to give that a try. Boy this is going to be fun two choices that I have to practice dragon punches with all day.

I like the idea of Ryu because what I have seen in UMvC3 he looks to be a ton of fun. I am hoping if I can make this time work I can switch out Akuma for someone like Hawkeye or Ghost Rider.

Dahbomb

Ryu's Dragon punches are useless in the game unless you want a clutch get off me move in a pressure situation. It doesn't lead into anything. Spam jump L Tatsumaki and use Wesker Low Gun shot assist to extend combos. And yes Ryu in UMVC3 is hella buffed.

rukland

Dahbomb said:
Ryu's Dragon punches are useless in the game unless you want a clutch get off me move in a pressure situation. It doesn't lead into anything. Spam jump L Tatsumaki and use Wesker Low Gun shot assist to extend combos. And yes Ryu in UMVC3 is hella buffed.

Thanks for the tip, why I did not start asking here before today is beyond me. I mean I have read so much of what the players here posted so I knew the knowledge was to be found. I guess I was just being stubborn and trying to do it all on my own.

Lesson learned :)

JeTmAn81

rukland said:
Thanks for the tip, why I did not start asking here before today is beyond me. I mean I have read so much of what the players here posted so I knew the knowledge was to be found. I guess I was just being stubborn and trying to do it all on my own.

Lesson learned :)

The Shoryuken.com character forums are chock-full of knowledge about the game. EVO 2011 winner Viscant puts on a clinic in his thread about Wesker, though to be honest I don't think that's really for beginning Wesker players. It's more about Wesker's really advanced reset options and deconstructing the game mechanics. But there's plenty of beginner stuff to be found elsewhere for all characters on those forums.

rukland

JeTmAn81 said:
The Shoryuken.com character forums are chock-full of knowledge about the game. EVO 2011 winner Viscant puts on a clinic in his thread about Wesker, though to be honest I don't think that's really for beginning Wesker players. It's more about Wesker's really advanced reset options and deconstructing the game mechanics. But there's plenty of beginner stuff to be found elsewhere for all characters on those forums.

Thanks digging through all that goodness now and hoping I can get the kid down for a nap soon so I try some of it out. Another day in the training room here I come.

Grecco

rukland said:
Really? Do I want to be that guy?

I am willing to give it a shot I guess. But somehow using Wolverine feels dirty after all I have read and seen watching streams.

There is nothing wrong with being "that" guy :) Lots of us are.

Chavelo

Grecco said:
There is nothing wrong with being "that" guy :) Lots of us are.

NOPE.avi

It's all about honor, scrub. HONNNNOOOOR!

/uses Doom, happy for the buffs on Ultimate

:3

Just joking, but you should play with whoever ya like and are comfortable with! If Akuma and Wolvy are your fit, then let the best friends go at it. :D

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So...

Devastation's Grand Finals had no Phoenix, no Wolverine, no Tron, and no Haggar.

Anybody else feel fuzzy on the inside cause of this?

JeTmAn81

Chavelo said:
NOPE.avi

It's all about honor, scrub. HONNNNOOOOR!

/uses Doom, happy for the buffs on Ultimate

:3

Just joking, but you should play with whoever ya like and are comfortable with! If Akuma and Wolvy are your fit, then let the best friends go at it. :D

Doom seems pretty ridiculous in Ultimate. I was watching a bit of video of that j.S into hard knockdown and I realized that it pretty much gives him a one-button tri-dash. Jump up, hit S and it's an overhead hit that has to be blocked otherwise Doom gets a full combo. And we thought Wolverine was bad...

Top Bottom