• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Zissou

JeTmAn81 said:
Doom seems pretty ridiculous in Ultimate. I was watching a bit of video of that j.S into hard knockdown and I realized that it pretty much gives him a one-button tri-dash. Jump up, hit S and it's an overhead hit that has to be blocked otherwise Doom gets a full combo. And we thought Wolverine was bad...
Footdive does not hit overhead.

DR2K

Banned
A Pretty Panda said:
So...

Devastation's Grand Finals had no Phoenix, no Wolverine, no Tron, and no Haggar.

Anybody else feel fuzzy on the inside cause of this?

Just Wesker and Akuma. The other god tier character and assist.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Coming soon.

vRFnF.jpg

rukland

Wish I owned a 360 to play with some of you guys. But my wife won't allow one in the house (long story her fault) so I am on the PS3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
rukland said:
Wish I owned a 360 to play with some of you guys. But my wife won't allow one in the house (long story her fault) so I am on the PS3
PS3GAF is still very strong.

If you like some Mahvel, I don't see how anyone would have trouble finding matches on either console, many active players on each
until UMvC3 lolPS3lolololol

rukland

enzo_gt said:
If you like some Mahvel, I don't see how anyone would have trouble finding matches on either console, many active players on each

Yeah yeah and thats why it sucks I can't own a 360

Frantic

SolarKnight said:
Sorry about that, something happened with my connection and it only returned now =/

GGs though.
No prob. I thought it was my connection at first, since the past few months it just cuts out randomly for an hour or two once a week or so, lol. GGs, we'll have to have a second go at it sometime. :p

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Called the Red Roof Inn (Season's Beatings) to confirm all the details for my reservation this weekend. Asked if I could be switched from a smoking room to a non-smoking room.

Got told that that was a no-go because they have 0 remaining non-smoking rooms and -5 remaining smoking rooms.

Better get there early!

Frantic

Sixfortyfive said:
Called the Red Roof Inn (Season's Beatings) to confirm all the details for my reservation this weekend. Asked if I could be switched from a smoking room to a non-smoking room.

Got told that that was a no-go because they have 0 remaining non-smoking rooms and -5 remaining smoking rooms.

Better get there early!
Negative five remaining rooms? Better hope you can find a way to squeeze into negative matter, man.

Alternatively, they're renting out rooms in the Twilight Zone.

Karsticles said:
Unfortunately, you only get the statue of X-23, and not the girl herself.
I guess I jumped the gun there.
enzo_gt said:
PS3GAF is still very strong.

Well done
Frantic said:
Negative five remaining rooms? Better hope you can find a way to squeeze into negative matter, man.

Alternatively, they're renting out rooms in the Twilight Zone.
Too bad Hank Pym didn't make it into the game. He would have had a gadget for this problem built in a jiffy. Reed might've had something nice up his sleeve(seriously, he always has something lol) too.

Negative matter and dimensional spaces are not Tony's strongest subjects.

Dahbomb

Yeah that DVD has been on my radar for quite some time. He has been hyping it up for quite some time and I KNOW it's going to be good. He has a ton of technology and synergy with that team.

I REALLY hope he gives Vergil a shot some day... Jago is probably the only person out there who can make Team DMC true god tier status. I know Richard is going to go all over him plus some other people.

Just finished watching the Devastation tournament... and WOW so much to talk about! Marvel WHY are you so HYPE and EXCITE?

Spoilers of course:

*I hope after this tournament people STOP saying Storm is Mid tier. I am so tired of all the bitching. This is the 2nd or 3rd time Storm has been in a Grand final winning team. Also even Justin's Storm can be improved upon if he observes Fanatiq's exceptional Storm. I totally didn't know about the relaunch in the corner with Storm's Typhoon. Hopefully that move at least gets better start up in UMVC3.

*People sleep on Tron like they do with Haggar only Tron is much better than Haggar... much much better. That Balrog comeback with Tron no X Factor against 2 of the toppest of top characters (Wesker/Wolverine).

*Chrisis and Jago both extremely smart players but lost because of multiple execution errors and tournament jitters. Still good overall performance. Jago with the Yomi Wesker counters getting Wolverine overheads all day with that. SOOO good. And I really think Chrisis should've stuck with Haggar against Noel because Haggar counters his team so well.

*Noel with the Wesker Counter to Raging Demon set up SO GOOD! Never gets old.

*JJJJJJJJJJJJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNN WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER!!!! IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!!! WE JUST GOT A REAL MATCH !!!!! LET'S GO!!!!!!!

*This is the first time I have seen Combofiend use someone other than his trio in a major tournament. The Haggar counterpick was excellent and just what he needed to break PRBalrog's offense + defense. And Combofiend definitely has been in the lag with Haggar to make sure he sucks out as much team synergy as he can. Also DAT She Hulk LVL3.

*I saw Magneto perform 3 Gravity Squeezes in 1 match.. FUCKING ABSURD!!! That's probably not going to happen in UMVC3.

*PRBalrog has definitely mastered the Fatal Claw loop. I really hope that shit is removed in UMVC3 although as you can tell he used it only once and even then he didn't get much out of it. Pretty much what I have been saying... it's not really a huge deal but it's not like Wolverine even needs it.

*No Wolverine/Phoenix/Tron/Haggar final was surprising as hell. I still hold firm that Justin Wong is the best Marvel player ever and if you guys remember I had Justin to win EVO. Maybe 2012. I am just a bit saddened that Combofiend goes home with yet another 2nd placement in a major.

*Wesker was the most used character in the tournament followed by Wolverine and then Dante. Haggar assist was used the most but mostly for counter picks than actual mains. Nice to see people adopt the MVC2 strategy of counter picking with assists... brings back old memories. Only 1 Phoenix in top 8, 1 Tron, 2 Akumas, 2 She Hulks, 1 Spencer, 1 Taskmaster, 1 Trish, 1 Viper, 2 Magnetos, 2 Storms, 1 Sentinel. A solid all around top 8 both from a player and a characters perspective.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
I REALLY hope he gives Vergil a shot some day... Jago is probably the only person out there who can make Team DMC true god tier status. I know Richard is going to go all over him plus some other people.
I'm sure he'll give him a shot in training mode. Whether or not he'll actually main him is another story. :p

First thing I'm going to do with the game is spend as much lab time with team DMC and Vergil searching for every little bit of tech I can possibly find with the team. It's going to be a LOT of fun.

Anth0ny

Lack of DHC glitch in Ultimate is going to hurt Storm. But aerial x-factor makes up for it.

If you catch an assist with hailstorm, SEE YA LATER

Dahbomb

Gain of Fair/Foul Winds is going to help her a lot too. And if she does better damage she is a VERY competitive character in UMVC3. Justin also said her normals are better (which is my only personal complaint with her) and he definitely seems like he's gearing towards playing her in UMVC3.

I came up with a Vergil theory fighter SS combo in my dreams last night. 3 meters just for style purposes.

st.L, M, H, Summoned Sword (wait a bit let the swords hit and then dash up just as they are about to finish),M, H, Lunar Phase, QCF+S (formation set to Storm Swords), H, S (start charging up L) air M, H, d+H, d/f+H, Storm Swords start hitting keeping the combo alive in mid air, release Round Trip while in mid-air, j.S, d/f+H, Maximum Judgment Cut hyper for the finisher.

The Storm Swords cause a ton of hit stun and if you time your combo just right you should be able to solo continue a combo after d/f+H OTG and then do more damage by releasing Round Trip as well. Storm Sword gives you a day to do anything you want and that's where you will be using Round Trip charge.

Depending on how long it takes for the Storm Swords to come down, I may need to add a Stinger wall bounce to the combo as well to prolong the duration. Combo probably does shit damage for 3 bars but if someone pulls off something like that the crowd will get crazy hyped up.

Frantic

I just want to say that Dante has been replaced on my personal Stupid Tier list by X-23. I had a set of 6-29 against an AMAZING X-23 player, and she is scary as hell when she's being used properly. All of her normals are fast, have really good hitboxes and they have some crazy priority. She's very fast and mobile, nearly impossible to punish on block, she can't be pushblocked very effectively, she has fast crossups, builds meter out the ass, has her own divekick like move that puts her at + on block, and her combos last as long as Zero's. Her Level 3 is dirty after a kill, and being able to OTG after it is stupid as shit... Maybe it's because it was my first time going up against a good X-23, but damn... I could barely do anything when she got up close - I could zone her pretty decently, but once she got in it was more or less over.

I will say part of the problem was myself. I was getting salty as hell from her normals beating out nearly everything I was doing, and the corner pressure was making me mash pushblock a little too much... but the guy was really freaking good. If everyone could use X-23 to the effectiveness of that guy, I would cry myself to sleep everynight...

Dahbomb

X23 IMO makes the bottom of High tier... and that's only because Wolverine is there above her. You get the same stuff as X-23 with Wolverine at a lower execution cost and with an invincible B Slash + superior air throw game + dive kick game + great power up hyper.

X-23 has legit unavoidable incoming character deaths with the right set up. If she has 4 meters then you might end up losing 2 characters. Of course the margin for her to fuck up is fairly high and you need to really grind for that damage on her (very much possible but the feint cancel loops are hard). And yea X-23 has some really fast normals, most characters can't do much about it.

You can expect to see more of her in UMVC3. She is slightly buffed from before and with Wolverine nerfed they are more on equal footing. It's going to boil down to more tools/high execution vs less tools/less execution between them. X-23 also has the edge in air mobility and Wolverine is going to be much weaker to zoning.

And X-23 isn't stupid tier at all... at least not over Dante by a long shot. Why don't you try her out... she goes well with Dante. DHC glitch, Jam Session for Dirty Nap set ups, OTG combos with Jam Session + Ankle Slicer etc. I played her a bunch when the game was newer mostly because I thought "Hey I can play Wolverine let's play another character like him". I was put into a rude awakening although I still felt she was a very powerful character after some practice.

BREAKING NEWS: HOT OFF THE PRESS NEW MVC3 TECHNOLOGY DISCOVERED WITH SNAP BACK THAT ELIMINATES THREAT OF XF GUARD CANCEL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_fhnj3RDf0&feature=player_embedded

So this is what Seth was talking about and the reason for the Snapback nerf. Surprised this wasn't found sooner by the community.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
X23 IMO makes the bottom of High tier... and that's only because Wolverine is there above her. You get the same stuff as X-23 with Wolverine at a lower execution cost and with an invincible B Slash + superior air throw game + dive kick game + great power up hyper.
I guess... the guy used X-23/Wolverine/Wesker, so all his bases were more or less covered. If she got an airthrow, I was more than likely going to get a DHC glitch.

Dahbomb said:
And X-23 isn't stupid tier at all...
I know, I was just salty, lol. None of my characters had normals that beat hers at close range, and none of them were faster than her so I was pretty much at her mercy the entire time she was right in my face.

Dahbomb said:
Why don't you try her out... she goes well with Dante. DHC glitch, Jam Session for Dirty Nap set ups, OTG combos with Jam Session + Ankle Slicer etc. I played her a bunch when the game was newer mostly because I thought "Hey I can play Wolverine let's play another character like him". I was put into a rude awakening although I still felt she was a very powerful character after some practice.
I'll probably try her out for a while - at least to see if I can do the guy's weird jump loop combos that lasted way too long and he never seemed to drop.

Dahbomb said:
BREAKING NEWS: HOT OFF THE PRESS NEW MVC3 TECHNOLOGY DISCOVERED WITH SNAP BACK THAT ELIMINATES THREAT OF XF GUARD CANCEL

So this is what Seth was talking about and the reason for the Snapback nerf. Surprised this wasn't found sooner by the community.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more tech surrounding snapbacks that hasn't been discovered by the team that we just don't know about yet.

Dahbomb

I'll probably try her out for a while - at least to see if I can do the guy's weird jump loop combos that lasted way too long and he never seemed to drop.
That's the Feint loops and they are fairly difficult to do (IMO). I am surprised people are able to do combos like that in an online infrastructure. He must have those combos down pat like he could probably do them in his sleep.

Wesker is another popular pairing with X-23. I used a preliminary X-23/Wesker/Iron Man team and it was solid IMO. If timed and placed right I could get them in a LVL3 with the Unibeam. Back then I would just use a single loop of Feint, launch, MMH d+H QCF+L, Wesker OTG Ankle Slice + Gun shot, relaunch BCS, Ankle Slice + Unibeam Weapon X Prime. If in an air throw situation, I would start combo with Gun shot and end in Ankle Slice + Rage Trigger after the relaunch with unibeam.

Azure J

Dahbomb said:

Jesus, I'm like random guess Nostradamus with this shit. :lol

Months ago, I was there saying just from watching games alone that snap backs are underrated, and her comes awesome tech to prove it.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
That's the Feint loops and they are fairly difficult to do (IMO). I am surprised people are able to do combos like that in an online infrastructure. He must have those combos down pat like he could probably do them in his sleep.
This guy was really good with the combos. Initially, he ran Ryu/X-23/Wesker, and he was doing Ryu combos that I'd never seen done before. He liked to end his combos with Ankle Slicer assist + wallbounce kick(after having already used the wallbounce) into Shin Shoryuken. Very stylish, and very damaging. I'll have to try the combo out in training room sometime to see how much damage it did.

Also, it wasn't feint loops from what I could tell. He did the feint for MMH, but then he'd just jump and do MMHS for like three or four reps before launching me and then bringing me down into Wesker + Charge Ankle Slice > Weapon X Prime > Berserker Charge. Maybe it was feint loops and my eyes and ears were deceiving me, but it honestly looked like just typical air loops to me. I didn't hear the little 'whoosh' either.

Frantic said:
This guy was really good with the combos. Initially, he ran Ryu/X-23/Wesker, and he was doing Ryu combos that I'd never seen done before. He liked to end his combos with Ankle Slicer assist + wallbounce kick(after having already used the wallbounce) into Shin Shoryuken. Very stylish, and very damaging. I'll have to try the combo out in training room sometime to see how much damage it did.

Also, it wasn't feint loops from what I could tell. He did the feint for MMH, but then he'd just jump and do MMHS for like three or four reps before launching me and then bringing me down into Wesker + Charge Ankle Slice > Weapon X Prime > Berserker Charge. Maybe it was feint loops and my eyes and ears were deceiving me, but it honestly looked like just typical air loops to me. I didn't hear the little 'whoosh' either.

Those are feint loops. They're the harder ones but they're still considered feint loops. You do one rep of the QCB+H loop, then jump MMHS

Frantic

Prototype-03 said:
Those are feint loops. They're the harder ones but they're still considered feint loops. You do one rep of the QCB+H loop, then jump MMHS
Alright, cool. From what I remember, I think it was more or less this combo that he was doing, although I seem to recall him doing a third loop... I could be wrong on that, though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Frantic said:
Alright, cool. From what I remember, I think it was more or less this combo that he was doing, although I seem to recall him doing a third loop... I could be wrong on that, though.
Just the title of that video alone makes me so nostalgic @ day 3 Marvel tech lol.

smurfx

get some go again
yes! i finally broke my old 19 game win streak record on ranked. got to a 22 game win streak and then a cosmic lord beat me with x factor 3 dormammu. :( i was kicking his ass too. oh well what can you do.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I've been maining X-23 since a few months but I can't do the feint loops for the life of me. Still enjoy playing her a lot, but it sucks when you know there's that much more juice in your character that you can't access.

JeTmAn81

smurfx said:
how can you guys play that long against each other? i would be bored out of my mind by match 11.

Dunno, I played 35 matches against the same guy recently and it was fun for me. Granted, I only lost 5 of those, though I think it actually would've been more fun if it had been more even.

Top Bottom