• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

smurfx

get some go again
JeTmAn81 said:
Dunno, I played 35 matches against the same guy recently and it was fun for me. Granted, I only lost 5 of those, though I think it actually would've been more fun if it had been more even.
you beat solar 35-5?

JeTmAn81

smurfx said:
you beat solar 35-5?

Haha, I'd probably lose to Solar. Not enough Hsien-ko matchup experience. No, it was just some random in player match. I was playing my Hulk/Deadpool/Doom team, out of which I only really know how to play Hulk, so I felt comfortable playing against somebody who wouldn't stomp me too hard.

There's something to the process of figuring out your opponent that is really satisfying. I've had quite a few times in player match where I get dominated for the first few matches, even five or six, but at some point I start figuring out what I'm doing wrong and getting the upper hand.

smurfx

get some go again
alright i'm done with marvel for today. i added 70 wins to my record. i think this is the longest i've played in a while. had to make up for lost time!

I've spent some lab time with Spencer and he holds a ton more promise compared to Shulkie who I tried long ago.

I've already learned a few of his 660k BnBs and they are fun as heck. I'm still stuck with the problem of no OTG hyper for THC stuff if I get rid of Hsien-Ko though...
smurfx said:
you beat solar 35-5?
You must be mad cuz I be stylin on you with someone that has the mobility of a drunk turtle.

get mad :)
Ultimoo said:
Ft50?

sounds like an ultimoo vs solarpowered grudge match x2.
Me and Frantic played 46 matches straight. It was intense to say the least.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
You must be mad cuz I be stylin on you with someone that has the mobility of a drunk turtle.

get mad :)
you know the way he worded his post made it sound like he was talking about beating you. i think he meant to say some instead of same. its ambiguous. i could not believe he had beaten you 35-5 and that is why i asked. >_> don't know what you guys think of me but i don't hate on people from here.

smurfx said:
you know the way he worded his post made it sound like he was talking about beating you. i think he meant to say some instead of same. its ambiguous. :p i could not believe he had beaten you 35-5 and that is why i asked. >_>
Ah, I see. I'm just messing around. :p

He probably could beat me like that though. I'm Hsien-Ko tier on PSN. You'd probably laugh at the matches I had with Karsticles recently. I'm pure garbage on the damned thing without the 360 controller.

You would love fighting them on an even foot though. I am SURE of that.

I played 60 matches in a row last week. Super fun.

He probably could beat me like that though. I'm Hsien-Ko tier on PSN. You'd probably laugh at the matches I had with Karsticles recently. I'm pure garbage on the damned thing without the 360 controller.
I honestly think it's more of a team issue than anything. Hsien-ko and Morrigan just have absolutely no hope against a Dormammu with infinite meter backing him. Everything rests on Amaterasu. Haggar scares me more than those two ladies.

Frantic

SolarPowered said:
I've spent some lab time with Spencer and he holds a ton more promise compared to Shulkie who I tried long ago.

I've already learned a few of his 660k BnBs and they are fun as heck. I'm still stuck with the problem of no OTG hyper for THC stuff if I get rid of Hsien-Ko though...
Spencer is a lot of fun when you get the hang of him. He bounces back and forth with Dante as most fun character to play for me. It really depends on what I'm in the mood for - styling, or grappling. The first time you land a double Bionic Lancer combo on an actual person will be a moment you won't forget. :p

SolarPowered said:
Me and Frantic played 46 matches straight. It was intense to say the least.
I'm still sad my Viper didn't get to do much of anything in the first couple of matches we played. I can do most of her combos just fine, but I'm clueless on how to actually get an opening with her. Same with Iron-Man. :/

Spencer is a lot of fun when you get the hang of him. He bounces back and forth with Dante as most fun character to play for me. It really depends on what I'm in the mood for - styling, or grappling. The first time you land a double Bionic Lancer combo on an actual person will be a moment you won't forget. :p
I get excited about Bionic Lancer and I neither play nor like the character. Sometimes when I'm walking around I just want to shout "BIONIC...AAARRM!" and punch a pedestrian. It's just a cool move that was well put together, like Chaotic Flame or Gravity Squeeze.

So, does anyone want a match? I have like 30 minutes to play.

Karsticles said:
I get excited about Bionic Lancer and I neither play nor like the character. Sometimes when I'm walking around I just want to shout "BIONIC...AAARRM!" and punch a pedestrian. It's just a cool move that was well put together, like Chaotic Flame or Gravity Squeeze.

Haha, I know what you mean, it's just that cool.

Frantic

SolarKnight said:
So, does anyone want a match? I have like 30 minutes to play.
Good games, there. I could see you starting to block Dante a lot better in the latter half of the set. There were a couple of crossups you blocked that I'm prety sure I would have been blown up by, haha. We'll have to have another set again, sometime.

Yeah, I found that abusing Zero's buster, even if not lv3, worked to at least slow you down. Also, you've got to admit that the first time I won was fucking badass (Ammy's df+H on glaive), was that like a crossup? XD

Oh, and fuck Akuma's tatsu assist getting out of the combo every time I X-factored for the kill >__>

Frantic

SolarKnight said:
Yeah, I found that abusing Zero's buster, even if not lv3, worked to at least slow you down. Also, you've got to admit that the first time I won was fucking badass (Ammy's df+H on glaive), was that like a crossup? XD
It was either a crossup, or some serious chip. I think the move crosses up, so it might have been that. Also, yeah. I hate Zero's buster since it's so fast, and catches me off guard. When I'm using it, though, it's the greatest thing ever, lol.

SolarKnight said:
Oh, and fuck Akuma's tatsu assist getting out of the combo every time I X-factored for the kill >__>
Akuma is a slippery one, that's for sure. :p

I hate that such a good assist is tied to him, though. It's such a good assist, but I don't like Akuma, lol.

Dahbomb

Do you guys think that it would be possible to do TAC Counter -> Air X Factor -> continue combo off of counter in UMVC3?

I for one really hope so... always wanted to get a combo after a TAC counter.

Dahbomb

Fanatiq thinks team MSS is BUFFED in UMVC3. He says he will be sticking with them.

And he didn't even use the new Gravitation/Winds move because he can't do SRK motions on a Stick...

Edit:

Man Yipes had to LVL3 with Dante to kill all characters in Combofiend's team for the win. 3 LVL3's in a game...

DAT SPENCER COMMAND THROW RESET OMFG!!!!

Yipes got styled on hard, I can feel the salt from here. Good shit though... the set had hilarious factor in it. Noel/Yipes calling for a NERF on Spencer in UMVC3.

I'm like one third of the way through the FChamp vs X-Ray set and damn I'm just so impressed by X-Ray. The dude has some serious skill when it comes to this game.

He would probably be one of the top five in the US if he didn't have to sacrifice his time, meter and damage snapping in Phoenix. Dude knows a thing or two about how to get that first hit.

FChamp was the one who knocked him out of the running at EVO, right?

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
DAT SPENCER COMMAND THROW RESET OMFG!!!!
Most people never expect the combo to end just like that, and they usually end up holding back/down-back the entire time. It's a pretty good reset against someone who plays smart... now against someone who mashes buttons... well... :(

Either way, Spencer has a couple other good reset situations that I'd like to see Combo use one day. :p

Dahbomb said:
Yipes got styled on hard, I can feel the salt from here. Good shit though... the set had hilarious factor in it. Noel/Yipes calling for a NERF on Spencer in UMVC3.
They should be calling for a nerf on Combofiend. :p

SolarPowered said:
FChamp was the one who knocked him out of the running at EVO, right?
It was Noel Brown, actually.

Dahbomb

What's the frame activation on Spencer's command throw? I am guessing it isn't used much because it comes out slow/has poor range etc.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
What's the frame activation on Spencer's command throw? I am guessing it isn't used much because it comes out slow/has poor range etc.
It has a five frame startup. It's range is pretty crap compared to the other 5 frame command throws from what I can tell. I'd say it has the same range as Wesker's, maybe a tiny bit more - I've never tested it exactly. His best command grab, imo, is the anti-air one, because it can go through attacks like She-Hulk's j.H and Wesker's j.S. Plus, it's good against someone who likes to hold up-back in the corner, since you'll end up doing more damage than with just an airgrab.

One thing that bugs me about Spencer's command grab is that his light and medium are no different from one another in frame startup and range. The only thing different is that the medium version can be followed up with a crap(imo) wallbounce followup that has a 1-frame link to be worth anything... If I had my way, I'd change the startup of the light version to three frames with the same range, and give the medium version a slightly larger hitbox to go along with the five frame startup.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
Well that explains as to why it's underused.
Yeah, pretty much. The best use I've found for his anti-air command throw is a reset in the corner. Usually, Spencer's combos end with an OTG Wire Grapple, j.S, land, Armor Piercer, Bionic Lancer/Manuevers. Instead of doing that, you do OTG Wire Grapple, j.S, land, standing light. They'll immediately flip out, and tech either forward or backwards. Backwards it's a simple case of dashing straight while inputting the heavy command grab - the only attacks that'll stuff it, from what I can tell, are dive kicks. A character with an airdash can probably also escape the setup, but it's a really fast reset so you have to be quick and expecting it - and then Spencer can just jump out of his dash and airgrab you. If they tech forward, you can input the command throw motion and catch them with an autocorrect, OR you can just dash and hit them with a standing light into a full combo. It's a really fast crossunder that gets a full unscaled combo, but it can be stuffed out by certain attacks.

I don't use the reset too often since Spencer does great damage regardless of the reset or not, but it's been successful most of the times I've used it. I usually do it mainly when I want to style on someone. I'd really like to see Combo use it though, just because I know it'll get the hype flowing. :p

Azure J

Man that entire set reminds me of why I love the fighting game community so much. Letting them say what the fuck and have fun doing so was the best idea ever. Gotta admit, I laughed hard as fuck at the "real power glove" comment and all the dialogue during Yipes' 155 hit combo. ("That's right-- GIT BACK SON", "Wait, is he gonna grip Task?", Every. Fucking. Word. Marn. Said. - "It's gonna be another 400K view video Yipes if he comes back, don't let him do it, don't let him-- OHHHHHHHH!")

vg260

Hey, I'm looking for some Spider-Man help. I probably should try Shoryuken sub-forums, but I'll try here first.

I'm looking for some tips on the web-swing. In particular, which one (L,M,H) to use for following with air hits into a combo continuation after landing. Like cL,cM,cH, (L, M, or H?) web swing , (some stuff in air??), then sM, sH ...
I'm getting better at following a L web swing with, jL,jM, jH,(land) then sM, sH, but It looks like in videos people are doing H web swing, then just jH, jS.

What combo of web swing strength and air chain gives the best chance of continuing the combo and keeping it going after landing? I'm looking for the best balance in terms of damage/timing window. Timing is giving be trouble on anything but L web swing into jL, Any thoughts? Thanks.

smurfx

get some go again
lol i played this one guy and then he tried stealing how i play except he had tron instead of haggar. first time i see somebody do what i do. destroyed him but it was cool seeing it. :p

Azure J

Riposte said:
Combofiend trash talk is too good. 9/11 joke, "this is a real powerglove son", etc etc.

He is seriously my favorite trash talker. :lol

Also, since the Ultimate pre-hype thread is locked up now and here's as good a place as any to ask, what's the best estimate on when to expect something tomorrow? Or are we in full "wait & see" mode?

shaowebb

robut said:
The UMVC3 thread is locked WHAT DO WE DOOOO?!?!?
Well for starters enjoy not having to look at really bad fake leaks promising 8 characters we won't see.

Just chill for awhile. The new crew will drop on the youtube's soon with video in the next day or so. It'll be alright.

Azure J

Chavelo said:
lmao at IntelliHeath not finding the MVC3 thread. XD
EDIT: OH THERE HE IS!

I was wondering if something happened and poor guy pulled a Camineet when I saw that single post thread here in community. :lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Chavelo said:
lmao at IntelliHeath not finding the MVC3 thread. XD
EDIT: OH THERE HE IS!

I already saw it. I just misunderstood moderator. I thought he said make thread in community but I made dumb mistake. :)

I bet you can't wait to mock me because I kept being negative with PW reveals this week. :p

Top Bottom