• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Just saw the final match of the X-Ray vs FChamp ft50. It was amazing and I got to see so much of Ammy that it is ridiculous.

I haven't seen X-Ray in action for a while, but I still somehow knew that a beam assist would be important as hell for my game and Magneto paired so well with Ammy that it almost scares me. Also, Dante is rock solid against Phoenix.

I've secretly been tons putting of work into bead stance and X-Ray definitely made the right choice in using it so much against FChamp. Those beads are really really good.
Jintor said:
Banished to community. It's like being Australian or a MLP fan all over again.
Teknopathetic put us in jail and Capcom will set us free tomorrow!
robut said:
The UMVC3 thread is locked WHAT DO WE DOOOO?!?!?
THIS PLACE IS STRANGE.

QUICK, SOMEONE POST A DLC CHARACTER LIST AND DREAM ROSTERS!
Varjet said:
Dunno man, what about Haggar comebacks?
"Fucking Haggar"

-MarlinPie

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chindogg said:
I pray this place isn't like SRK's GD thread. That thread is a cesspool of trolls and idiots.
Read through a few pages, I'm sure you'll find it's the polar opposite. We write essays here instead!

JazzmanZ

enzo_gt said:
Read through a few pages, I'm sure you'll find it's the polar opposite. We write essays here instead!

The study of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom and how a Spider-man Villain makes the game better

By: Jazzman the Z

Statistics say Spider-man is the most well known Marvel character beyond people like Ironman and the Hulk, therefore placing more characters from his series into the games makes buyers more likely to spend money for the product, If Venom came back, the rose-tinted glasses players would buy the game, or if Doc Ock or Green goblin was added the average marvel reading nerd would buy the game posthaste​

Oh man i go to sleep for 4 hour and everything goes crazy...fake character leaks...Banished to the community thread. Nuts.

Is tmrw here yet

smurfx

get some go again
don't you love it when guys get an extremely close win over you in ranked and then proceed to taunt like they styled on you? one guy did that and then i got him again the next match and nearly perfected him. of course i had to taunt him at the end and send him a mocking message. i added 35 wins to my record today. i have close to one month to get to cosmic lord. i wonder if i'll be able to do it. once ultimate arrives i won't be touching mvc3.

Jintor

JazzmanZ said:
The study of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom and how a Spider-man Villain makes the game better

By: Jazzman the Z

Statistics say Spider-man is the most well known Marvel character beyond people like Ironman and the Hulk, therefore placing more characters from his series into the games makes buyers more likely to spend money for the product, If Venom came back, the rose-tinted glasses players would buy the game, or if Doc Ock or Green goblin was added the average marvel reading nerd would buy the game posthaste​

Player-testing the Unreleased: Ultimate Marvel v Capcom 3 and the Inevitability of Change
By: Jintor

Abstract:
Though companies such as Capcom have demonstrated a remarkable lack of focus on anything beyond profit margins, it is apparent that somewhere along the line individual designers have realised that quality games often lend towards substantial levels of HYPE, which can often (but not always) be translated into vast quantities of profits. Thus through the constant drip-feed of information about promised changes to products already in consumer hands, Capcom can generate ever-increasing levels of HYPE - enough to theoretically power a small city's worth of console-based fighting games. Unfortunately, one method of generating HYPE requires that individuals outside the company and unbound by legal contracts be granted access to code, and this can sometimes result in unforeseen consequences.

Briarios

Grr ... I can't believe the thread got sent here when we know there will be news tomorrow. They couldn't have waiting like 12 hours? Bah.

Tobe

smurfx said:
don't you love it when guys get an extremely close win over you in ranked and then proceed to taunt like they styled on you? one guy did that and then i got him again the next match and nearly perfected him. of course i had to taunt him at the end and send him a mocking message. i added 35 wins to my record today. i have close to one month to get to cosmic lord. i wonder if i'll be able to do it. once ultimate arrives i won't be touching mvc3.
THIS though i dont message them, also find it funny when ive beaten somedoies ass for X number of games and he gets a stupid xfactor comeback and taunts.

Xevren

Briarios said:
Grr ... I can't believe the thread got sent here when we know there will be news tomorrow. They couldn't have waiting like 12 hours? Bah.

The thread was too big, not like you guys have to wait long before you splooge over the next reveal and blow up that thread anyway.

Oh yay, finally got the last achievement for MvC 3. Go me.

smurfx

get some go again
Xevren said:
The thread was too big, not like you guys have to wait long before you splooge over the next reveal and blow up that thread anyway.
i'm going to be living in that thread if rocket raccoon gets revealed.

Briarios

Xevren said:

It wasn't too big ... it was fluffy and comfy!

And, yes -- dying to see Rocket, too! Actually, the only one I'm not dying to see is Frank -- but, still looking forward to it.

Capcom made me pretty happy today. I'd been complaining with friends for a while that Canadians generally get screwed over when it comes to getting to play upcoming games...so imagine my surprise when my friend calls me and tells me that Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter x Tekken are at the horribly timed Playstation Holiday Event in Toronto! I rushed down there to play despite the horrible weather. Luckily, there wasn't very many people, but...unfortunately, there were only pads. =(

I wish that I could bring some exciting news, but I don't think it's anything that you haven't heard before. Plus, I'm not very good. XD It was the build with Vergil and Iron Fist, but I was only interested in trying out the teams I use in the original Marvel; Team Darkstalkers and Team Asia (Hsien-Ko, Amaterasu, Chun-Li.) Like I said, anything you've heard about these characters are pretty much what I saw. Poor Chun-Li. Why won't they give her an OTG? =(

Anyway, I'm lookin' forward to Phoenix Wright tomorrow. :D And I'd love to learn how to use Amaterasu better...the weapon change input just kills me. =/

2&2 said:
Hey, I'm looking for some Spider-Man help. I probably should try Shoryuken sub-forums, but I'll try here first.

I'm looking for some tips on the web-swing. In particular, which one (L,M,H) to use for following with air hits into a combo continuation after landing. Like cL,cM,cH, (L, M, or H?) web swing , (some stuff in air??), then sM, sH ...
I'm getting better at following a L web swing with, jL,jM, jH,(land) then sM, sH, but It looks like in videos people are doing H web swing, then just jH, jS.

What combo of web swing strength and air chain gives the best chance of continuing the combo and keeping it going after landing? I'm looking for the best balance in terms of damage/timing window. Timing is giving be trouble on anything but L web swing into jL, Any thoughts? Thanks.

Try LMH, L Web Swing, jM, jM, S. You can also do jH, jS instead of those 3. It's harder to continue it on the ground afterwards starting with sM, so you can use sLMH instead iirc.

On the ground, most are doing L swing , jH, jS as their starter.

I myself prefer LMH, H Spider Sting - even if blocked, Spider Bite (the followup to sting) has one ground recovery frame, and does pretty slick block stun, so I don't mind it. If I connect on the Spider Bite, I follow up with sH, M Swing, jM, jM, jS, sM, S into air series of jMMH, H Swing, (Maximum Parker or jMMS). I prefer this just because it seems to be more forgiving in terms of being hitstun deteriorated by assists - it still works even with a full Unibeam assist at the start (granted, you gotta do the Swing cancels quick).

Hope that helps.

Kimosabae

Banned
I just realized that few characters have double jumps in this game. Why is that?

Anyone here sit on the floor with their stick? Thinking about getting used to that, cuz it seems to help my execution, but I aborted the indian style since I was kid so it hurts lol

Leetirl

Neo Member
I was reading an old Deadpool comic and found this.

watmaster.jpg

great alt costume or greatest alt costume?

Anth0ny

AnkiRendan said:
Capcom made me pretty happy today. I'd been complaining with friends for a while that Canadians generally get screwed over when it comes to getting to play upcoming games...so imagine my surprise when my friend calls me and tells me that Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter x Tekken are at the horribly timed Playstation Holiday Event in Toronto! I rushed down there to play despite the horrible weather. Luckily, there wasn't very many people, but...unfortunately, there were only pads. =(

FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

what is the big fucking deal about fucking advertising the games you are fucking going to demo? Since the history of forever, Toronto has NEVER gotten good demos at their gaming "events". Take Fan Expo for example. Everyone expected Vita and Marvel, considering it's, you know, a comic book convention with 50,000+ attendants. Nope. Nothing. I think it had Uncharted 3. Big deal.

Now this little shit hole event had both the Vita and Marvel?!? FFS.

At least it was on pad. I probably wouldn't have had fun with it anyways.

and vita has no games

on a lighter note, Phoenix Wright reveal tomorrow? woot!

Dahbomb

That 8 new character fake image/teaser + twitter post is fucking cruel as hell.

This happens before EVERY major reveal/event. Remember this guys?

vergilmvc3.jpg

And this was made BEFORE Vergil was even confirmed as one of the 12 characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fan expo is a joke for gaming, they just add gaming in as another bullet point for a sect of media they've got covered. I think last year the greatest thing they had was a GT5 3D set up. I mean, cool stuff at the time but it's not like Sony or Fan Expo put any effort in to make that happen or provide more than token demos.

I wish we had a proper gaming event too though, stuff like X12 isn't proper enough :(

smurfx

get some go again
Parallax Scroll said:
So has Storm's stock risen? 3 of the top 8 at Devastation used her, and both Fanatiq and Justin make her look pretty great.
i think justin is probably going to main her in umvc3 so that is why he is using her. fanatiq is going to user her no matter what.

Frantic said:
It was Noel Brown, actually.
I wasn't sure who it was, but I remembered being upset at the loss.

Thanks
Dahbomb said:
That 8 new character fake image/teaser + twitter post is fucking cruel as hell.
Why is it cruel? I thought people got exactly what they wanted from Capcom and Marvel.
Parallax Scroll said:
So has Storm's stock risen? 3 of the top 8 at Devastation used her, and both Fanatiq and Justin make her look pretty great.
It has definitely risen.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dahbomb said:
It's cruel because it builds up false hype and expectations.

Anyway speaking of cruel/false hype... check which 2 characters are being hyped on Gamesradar:

http://www.gamesradar.com/

Nova and Phoenix Wright again.

I can see why tho.

Rocket Raccoon would be great to pair with Frank West which we already know his moveset.

enzo_gt said:
Was it removed or what? I don't see anything.

It's still there.

It is ads for Gamestop.

Caj814

Ryota_Niitsuma 新妻 良太@CAPCOM
Check out infos in the morning for the fans in the US, afternoon in the EU, midnight in Japan!

To everyone staying up. . .
qoRkJ.jpg

night guys

Frank West better have the real MM costume as a lvl up super

spoilers for OTR here:
AND THE EFFING PROTOMAN COSTUME AS A LVL3 WOOOOOO

This+This= A nice way to relax

Courtesy of Russell from SRK!
Dahbomb said:
It's cruel because it builds up false hype and expectations.
I guess...
Dahbomb said:
Anyway speaking of cruel/false hype... check which 2 characters are being hyped on Gamesradar:

http://www.gamesradar.com/
I'd be thrown for a loop if they reveal Nova and Phoenix first haha. Seems like an odd pairing to say the least. I'd be happy as hell with this arrangement since those two are the most likely characters that I'd main out of the bunch.
Caj814 said:
Check out infos in the morning for the fans in the US, afternoon in the EU, midnight in Japan!

night guys
Looks like they are not playing around anymore!

mikeeb13

Banned
Caj814 said:

night guys
+2 rep points for the Little Critter reference haha

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Caj814 said:

qoRkJ.jpg

night guys
My body has never been so ready.

This is the moment of truth.

*knocks out*

Dahbomb said:
Yes and even more so in UMVC3.
I expext to see more crazy shit with Hailstorm in THCs and DHCs, not even counting air x-factor. I never would have thought of the Hyper Sentinel Force -> Hailstorm DHC that Fanatiq uses. Hitting fullscreen with almost no startup seems highly abusable when combined with the right things.

Frantic

Parallax Scroll said:
I expext to see more crazy shit with Hailstorm in THCs and DHCs, not even counting air x-factor. I never would have thought of the Hyper Sentinel Force -> Hailstorm DHC that Fanatiq uses. Hitting fullscreen with almost no startup seems highly abusable when combined with the right things.
Dear lord... a thought just occurred to me. With Spencer on point, his THC has the invincibility and four frame startup of Bionic Lancer... combine that with Storm, and you what is essentially an instant, invincible punish full screen that allows Spencer to follow up with a combo...

I think I need to learn how to play Storm.

Just saw the Niitsuma tweet too. I need to get to bed asap as I want to be awake the moment GAF explodes. I'm so hyped for Phoenix Wright that I am totally overlooking the 3 other characters. Watch their reveals have some crazy shit that makes all of our jaws drop.

I hope I dont die from overhypeness the moment I hear Phoenix Wright's theme as the trailer shows "New fighter joins the ultimate battle"

Azure J

Twisted-Gamer said:
when the game comes out, i hope to see a combo video with Phoenix Wright set with the song "I Fought The Law" by The Clash

Or a theme team combo video (Phoenix + any combination of She-Hulk/Haggar/Chun-Li/Chris) with Law & Order SVU's opening theme. :p

Top Bottom