• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
scytheavatar said:
I spoke to Ultradavid who told me Phoenix Wright has an assist where he comes in and walks forwards, creating a moving wall for the player.

He also told me that he's kinda like Zappa from GG. Randomness in some moves but controllable to a degree. He also has the soul system from Zappa where when he meets certain requirements, he is able to go into "I kill everything" mode with insane range on his normals, insane damage, etc.

From someone in /v/. It of course will be complete nonsense but is it wrong for me to hope that it's true?

I saw that awhile ago but I don't know if it's real. Hey, it's /V/.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Pretty much, yeah.

Edit: Whoa, IntelliHeath. Your new avatar confused the hell out of me for a second. >_>

Oh sorry! I didn't realize that your avatar is same as mine. I will change avatar in min. I found the icon @ Nintendo forum through google image.

JazzmanZ

Mr Touchdown said:
We're less than 2 hours from our Boy, Mr. Naruhodo.

I've been waiting for this for so long.

GET HYPE, WE'RE ABOUT TO COLLECT SOME EVIDENCE!!!!

3 days later...

Mr.Touchdown: Don't worry guys, WE'RE ABOUT TO COLLECT SOME EVIDENCE!!!! EVENTUALLY!

Dahbomb

Doesn't matter who gets revealed... stuff is coming up and the hype train is PACKED and going into the great unknown. It's running on full hype power and reaches it's destination in under 2 hours.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dahbomb said:
Doesn't matter who gets revealed... stuff is coming up and the hype train is PACKED and going into the great unknown. It's running on full hype power and reaches it's destination in under 2 hours.

1:34 to go!

(Got new avatar to represent Phoenix Wright's Alt Costume)(I HOPE!)

Dahbomb said:

That reminds me, does anyone have the HYPE train gif? It'd be seriously appropiate right now.

Dahbomb

This is the train for Frank West (kinda packed):
india-train.jpg

This one for Nova/RR (packed):

1044894.jpg

This one for Phoenix Wright (packed and more people trying to jump on):

traveling+on+train+in+india+%25286%2529.jpg

Awesome, although I was thinking about the one where IIRC the train starts hovering and then flies off at full speed.

*right-click save as anyways*

JazzmanZ

IntelliHeath said:
1:34 to go!

(Got new avatar to represent Phoenix Wright's Alt Costume)(I HOPE!)

my best bets for PW colours

1P - Regular Phoenix wright
2P - Edgeworth colors
3P - El Tigre
4P - Apollo colours
5P - Mia fey
6P - Gumshoe

Alt.Costume Either Hobo Phoenix from Apollo or Pink sweater Pheenie

LOL... I am also calling out Karst with his new Morrigan assist + Firebrand tech. Game isn't out yet, I don't even play online and YET I still feel salty.
I almost want to pick up a 360 copy just so I can share the salt throughout the forum...

Did a couple of missions after getting more comfortable with Dead Rising and it feels a lot better. Apparently I've unlocked the throw ability. I have no idea how to use it, but I'm sure as hell going to take advantage of it soon enough.

The game is going to shift into night mode pretty soon and it's going to make rescues freaking impossible with those stupid convicts out and about...
Karsticles said:
I almost want to pick up a 360 copy just so I can share the salt throughout the forum...
You'd be in for a rude awakening.

:)

Dahbomb

twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23UMVC3

OH OH!!!! More Phoenix Wright COCK TEASING. All I have to say is...

just-bring-it.jpg

how long until this goes down?
Dude pay attention... :/

After Tokyo Midnight time which is a little over an hour from now. It's confirmed on Twitter as well.

SmithnCo

JazzmanZ said:

2P - Edgeworth colors
3P - El Tigre
4P - Apollo colours
5P - Mia fey
6P - Gumshoe

I'm hoping for Apollo Phoenix, pink sweater would be pretty funny though. They have to change the texture on it though because it says RYU in Japanese and P in the US. Dunno about other territories.

JazzmanZ said:

2P - Edgeworth colors
3P - El Tigre
4P - Apollo colours
5P - Mia fey
6P - Gumshoe

Sounds ok, my list would be

1P- Regular Phoenix (blue)
2P- Edgeworth (whine red)
3P- Apollo (red with white sleeves)
4P- Furio Tigre (red skin, red suit, maybe tiger on clothes)
5P- Klavier (purple suit, black shirt, blonde hair)
6P- Pink sweater (self explainatory)

Alt.Costume Hobo Phoenix.

Maybe a Steel Samurai color instead of Furio. Pink sweater NEEDS to be in there somehow.

Jintor

Yeah, but the fact that he/she found it is amazing enough

Anyway, are there any sprites in Phoenix Wright that are on fire? The closest I can think of is lightning-struck Gant.

It needs to fit with my tag, you see.

SmithnCo

Furio makes sense,
he did manage to pass himself off as Phoenix and has the same hair.

Edgeworth is a given along with Apollo probably, possibly Godot as well.

JazzmanZ

Jintor said:
Yeah, but the fact that he/she found it is amazing enough

Anyway, are there any sprites in Phoenix Wright that are on fire? The closest I can think of is lightning-struck Gant.

It needs to fit with my tag, you see.

theres one for Valerie but thats kinda spoilery so...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Agent M twittered it

@WesPhillips LIke a Human Rocket. #UMVC3

------
my speculation

1. Regular
2. Mile Edgeworth
3. Apollo
4. Godot
5. Pink Phoenix Wright
6. Gant

Caj814

agent m from marvel also tweeted nova teases. wright and nova are LOCKED for today. wonder if we'll see rocky and frank too.

Dahbomb

Who's Agent M? Looks like Nova is being teased along with the Wright and Nova banners on Gameradar.

I expected Rocket Raccoon to be coming with Wright because of the patented color matching scheme that has been proven time and time again. Although I would like this better... one crazy character with one solid character.

MY BODY WILL NOT BE READY FOR 4 REVEALS AT ONCE!!!

Briarios

Gah! It's morning, give me the new character love already! I'm telling you, the whole reason I got an iPad is for days like this when I'm stuck at work - the hype is strong today!

Dahbomb

OH SHIT NOVA HYPE!!!!

cover9.jpg

Nova has the chance to be instant top tier. Beam that disables an opponent's gravity and makes them float in air for you to combo off of? Only character I am looking towards that has a chance to dethrone my main Iron Man anchor. I am so anxious....

With Wright/RR no matter what happens even if I like them a lot to play them, I can't be using them on my main Vergil team. Wright especially seems like you may have to build a team around him.

LESS THAN ONE HOUR UNTIL FINAL DESTINATION!!!!!

Now this Wes guy says a couple of hours left on twitter.

They said we'd get new stuff in the morning... :/
Karsticles said:
Not unless Morrigan and Hsien-ko get a new moveset. ;-)
It's not just me. Smurfx, Frantic, Tobe and Sixfortyfive are not slouches. You'd be surprised by the difference a controller makes though.

very surprised

Briarios

Nova is my guy, I love Nova ... But, I must know if Rocket has a Groot hyper! Come on, whipping someone's butt with a raccoon AND a tree? Really, there could nothing more satisfying.

For PW, I can't wait to see him, I loved playing as Norimaro back in the day for a laugh, but what would be even better is if PW was hilarious, insane, AND useful! Now, that would rock.

Edited for vowels

Dahbomb

They are going to show a couple trailers of 2 new characters. Then they will be accompanied by a small batch of full match video (sort of staged to make the new character look good) showcasing the new characters in action.

There will most likely be a new stage as well. This is the pattern that is followed by most reveals.

Now this Wes guy says a couple of hours left on twitter.

They said we'd get new stuff in the morning... :/
What time is it in NY? Should be less than an hour until the reveal hits online.

Top Bottom