• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
so mean, need to watch ponies to cheer me up now.

I am down wit some ponies. I'm still rockin my MLP FiM stick BTW. I was gonna switch to my TE once I finally got some decent combos, but now I'll just use the TE for a custom project to celebrate UMVC3 and go back and forth between them.

Besides...the ponies make me believe in myself! ;D

SmokeMaxX

Initial reports that PS3 = 360 or PS3 > 360 for Marvel were wrong. A less biased source later proved that the PS3 frame rate is much worse than 360. It does have some redeeming qualities, but not very many compared to the 360 version.

360 version has been doing more frame dips with each subsequent update but NOTHING compared to the PS3 version. Just play it enough and you'll notice how big explosions make the game feel "off" on PS3 (only during those moments). It's actually pretty unpredictable and can easily throw off combos.

SmokeMaxX said:
Initial reports that PS3 = 360 or PS3 > 360 for Marvel were wrong. A less biased source later proved that the PS3 frame rate is much worse than 360. It does have some redeeming qualities, but not very many compared to the 360 version.

360 version has been doing more frame dips with each subsequent update but NOTHING compared to the PS3 version. Just play it enough and you'll notice how big explosions make the game feel "off" on PS3 (only during those moments). It's actually pretty unpredictable and can easily throw off combos.
What? I play plenty of both and dont notice one difference. Lucky me I guess.

SmokeMaxX

giancarlo123x said:
What? I play plenty of both and dont notice one difference. Lucky me I guess.
Guess it depends on 1) how sensitive you are and 2) if you do anything that causes the frame rate to drop dramatically.

People play on big screen LCDs + online and don't notice any lag, does that mean that it's the same as offline on a CRT?

Anyway, the easiest way to notice the frame drops (so I hear) is to play on the stages with the most stuff going on in the background while doing a lot of stuff. I'd recommend Hailstorm, DHC into Hyper Sentinel Force XFC Hyper Sentinel Force against Dark Phoenix with Healing Field (Preferably x factored so she doesn't die fast). That should cause your game to slow down to like 1 FPS on PS3 and probably cause a slight decrease in FPS on 360.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Yay, hatemail!

"Way to play like a little bitch. Eat dick."
"gg"
"shove your gg up your ass you cheap piece of shit."
"Feels good man."

Kubisa

Neo Member
Hate mail fuels me in this game.

"try turning the downloads off and learning more than one input. scrub."

Some people just can't handle the XF3 Morrigan bulletstorm hell. On the plus side, I actually received two mails praising my Thor, so it balances out. Most of my hatemail is just 'twat' and 'pussy' though.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I really pissed someone off by dancing around the stage with X-23 until timeout yesterday. I was on my magic pixel, there were 8 seconds left and he still had 3 characters, so I decided to go for the mental victory of a timeout loss. Guy sent me an elaborate angry message. I somewhat apologized saying I conceded that it was a bit of a dick move but he was still pretty pissed afterwards.

Sixfortyfive said:
Yay, hatemail!

"gg"
"Feels good man."
I just have it set so I can only receive mail from people on my friends list

Sixfortyfive said:
Yay, hatemail!

"gg"
"Feels good man."
Nice. I never receive hatemail. I'm kind of envious. What were you doing that made'em so mad?

:D :D :D :D finally winning some matches against good local players with viper/dante/haggar, but I'm thinking of ditching haggar and learning to not rely on his assist so I can get an anchor that isn't horrible. Maybe Dormammu or Doom in the back would work perfectly fine. I'm gonna try to see if I can make the rocks assist work with Viper/Dante.

Chavelo

Sixfortyfive said:
Yay, hatemail!

"gg"
"Feels good man."

BROFIST.JPG

And you know, it's not like I pull a scrubby sentinel and spit plasma all day to get the mail. For characters like Hulk and Sentinel, who need to get in and use their armor moves, I just... don't press buttons (but push away) and then punish. Wolverine, She-Hulk, and such? I trap them using blockstrings with Taskmaster while Dr. Doom is safely sending missiles into I push the opponent to the corner, then I can go crazy and blow them up.

I got a method to this madness, man. People just don't like it. :-(

LakeEarth

Wait, this whole time you can invite people to 1v1 online and you can go straight to rematch just like offline? I've been inviting people to player matches this whole time! Wasting my valuable seconds like a sucker.

BTW, who else goes good with Doom. I currently rock Dormammu/Doom/Haggar, and alternate point with Spencer and Wesker but I keep winning my matches with Doom. So I'm thinking, point Doom, why not? I know Clockwork uses cold star assist to good use, so there's that.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ezenzer said:
Nice. I never receive hatemail. I'm kind of envious. What were you doing that made'em so mad?
- Jump back, call Morrigan assist, fire diagonal arrows.
- Repeat until back is against the corner, then use shield skill canceled into arrow hyper to push them fullscreen, whether they block or not.
- Repeat from beginning.

That was pretty much the whole match.

SmokeMaxX

Sixfortyfive said:
- Repeat until back is against the corner, then use shield skill canceled into arrow hyper to push them fullscreen, whether they block or not.
- Repeat from beginning.

...That is awesome.

Sixfortyfive said:
- Repeat from beginning.

That's hilarious.

shaowebb said:
Didn't they mention the PS3 version having a frame rate drop or something? I remember some seething hate over PS3 for something like this when it was announced as the EVO console for the event ( like it was ever a surprise).

It's in your head. The PS3 framerate is the same as the 360s. Lens of truth did a comparison around the time of launch. If anything, that site is pro-360, so that's saying a big thing.

Interview with Seth "Clothhand" Killian, Special Combat Advisor, Community Manager & Pan-Western Director for Strategy and Online at Capcom
  • For NeoGAF.com

S-Kill said:
Hey,

Apologies that I wasn't able to finish all of them, but I've been pretty insane lately (and will clock 32k miles of travel in about 9 weeks). Rather than sit on the finished ones indefinitely trying to get to the last few, I thought I should instead send you the ones I had done (otherwise you might be waiting forever). Thanks for the interesting questions--as much as people probably hate hearing me say the same things again and again, I don't love having the same questions, so I appreciate your efforts.

For the future record, fewer questions = faster answers :)

best,

Seth

--

Street Fighter X Tekken

• Everyone knows that Mr.Ono wants to make a Darkstalkers game. With the increased pace and chain combos, is SFxT an intentional half-step to acclimate Street Fighter fans to Darkstalkers-style gameplay?

• I agree that SFxT has a pace and feel in the ballpark of the (later) Darkstalkers games, but it didn't end up there as a part of a master plan to resurrect Darkstalkers—it was just what felt right in terms of finding a style that balanced the SF and TK elements. Before the introduction of some chain elements, some of the SF guys just seemed too slow playing against the relentless mixups from the Tekken crew, and with chains already having a historical foothold in SF games, that was the direction that felt good. Adding them in made it more fun almost immediately, so that's a very good sign you're on the right track.

• Cross Rush is a lot of fun, is it possible for other similar mechanics to be added to the game, like the Tandem supers from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

• The sky is really the limit in terms of the various mechanics being tried out in SFxT. Every build we've shown publicly has raised the insanity bar in a pretty substantial way, and we still haven't come close to showing our hand completely. I can't say the team is looking at Jojo's specifically, but that game definitely had some interesting ideas, and some related concepts may end up making the final cut in SFxT.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

• In the available build, characters known for their strong assists like Haggar and Tron have been toned down. Reversal assists are already less common and generally weaker than MVC2, so what is the philosophy on differentiating assist characters in Marvel 3?

• Those elements of the rebalance were done on a case-by-case basis, though some trends are emerging. Overall I think "zoning" is a bit stronger than it was in MVC3, but it's a challenge to strike a balance. You want there to be effective range characters, both from the fun perspective, as well as the character diversity perspective. That said, people are generally angrier about being locked down by, say, some hidden missiles + Sentinel action than they are about getting beaten up by a rushdown character with a big combo. It's hard to keep "range" viable in a game with so many effective movement options, invincible moves, etc. It has a tendency to either get blown up and be overall less effective, or be so strong that it's not fun to play against for anyone that can't teleport. You can just give everyone a teleport, but that's not faithful to the character histories, and is cheating in a different way in terms of overall uniqueness and the goal of having genuinely different playstyles for different characters.

• On a similar note, considering the number of unblockables in the game, why aren't there any throw assists? It could create a valuable identity for a character like Thor.

• Speaking frankly, throw assists can cause a lot of technical problems and bugs. We’ve also found they can be hard to make effective (especially as assists) because of how they require the opponent to be at a specific range AND free from both hit and blockstun to grab, but I personally think it's an area that could be explored further.

• I know that earlier in the year you were asking the community what their opinions on tiop tiers were,what were Capcom's internal top 5 characters?

• I was mostly just talking with some old friends rather than trying to conduct some kind of secret poll, but Capcom generally stays away from discussing that kind of thing because it makes people think there's some law or absolute reality to a tier list "because Capcom said so." Even if we did say exactly what we thought, it's only our opinion and everyone else is playing the same game. Pre release, of course we balance against our internal views with some input from location tests. After release, we balance considering the same tournament results the rest of the community is seeing. In terms of the top tier, my feeling is that the community and Capcom's internal perspective are pretty close.

• I've read that Firebrand was added to the game to fill the role of a flying character with creature-like movement, why not a Monster Hunter creature like Rathalos that would also add variety in size and shape to the cast?

• We discussed characters from MH, but frankly the producer turned it down. Rathalos in particular would have also been a challenge based purely on size. Firebrand not only added a lot in terms of new mechanics, he's also just a popular character with some of the OGs on the team. I should add he also has a lot of tricks nobody has really had a chance to discover yet (his speed boost + level 3 alone is RIDICULOUSLY fun (and by fun I mean “cheap”)), so I think he turned out quite well.

• Is there going to be a Perfect result screen in UMVC3?

• Ha, considering how small a thing that is in the scheme of things, I get asked about that a lot. The game does internally track “perfects,” but there isn’t yet a screen saying “PERFECT!” or anything. I mentioned it to Niitsuma-san a while back and he said he’d go for it, so I'll bring it up next week when we’re back on our regular schedule.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition

• PC version users have found out that Oni has an EX airdash coded into the game that allowed more flexible followups. Why was this taken out?

• New characters have a nasty habit of turning out either too strong, or too weak. This is especially so in the delicate ecosystem of SFIV. The EX airdash was considered but ultimately left on the shelf (at least for AE)--similar things happen thousands of times over the course of dev and balancing, but this one left some traces in the code. I think it was fun, but it also seemed to make him even more of a meter-hog than he is already. The right balance might be somewhere in between the current EX and regular forms.

• Oni is the only character to have a costume that takes battle damage, can we expect this sort of costume in future Capcom titles?

• It was a fun experiment and it's been really well-received, so we may do it again.

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike OE

• Have you cosidered a Hyper Street Fighter 3 as a DLC option? 3s' strengths don't come from having the best character balance, so why not let players choose character versions?

• It was something that was kicked around briefly as a concept, and I think it could be fun, but 3S OE was intended as a shrine to 3S--the best possible version of the game people loved. A hyper version could be fun but could also come off as a bit more like a sideshow act rather than a showcase for what was considered the pinnacle of the last generation of street fighter.

• Compared to Capcom's console fighting games, 3SO seems to have a "kitchen sink" approach to game design. Would you consider this a difference in philosophies between Capcom USA and Japan, or the beginning in an overall change in Capcom?

• Well 3S obviously benefits from not having to worry about creating a new fighter from the ground up, much less the balancing the game (which Capcom spends a ton of time on, for new titles). Because the core gameplay was something that was inherited, it left space to really focus purely on a powerhouse feature set. I think this is less a matter of different philosophies, and more a matter of opportunity. I do think that both approaches reflect our unified appreciation for craftsmanship and the little things, and the positive reviews will also help Capcom US make a great case for how important even things like UI elements can be to core players.

Misc

• In regards to all of Capcom's fighting games, is there any potential for an online training mode in the future?

• Yes.

• You're known in the FGC for your Skilled commentary, what tips do you have for beginning and intermediate players when it comes to watching replays of matches, what are the best things to look out for?

• I actually wrote an article (a mean one, written out of frustration! shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/yo...) about exactly that question like 10 years ago :)

• You can watch for fun, of course, in which case do whatever works for you. If you want to actually learn from what you’re seeing, however, you need to watch in a different way (IMO this way is more fun as well, so it’s not like you have to choose between fun or learning). Overall, you should try to put yourself in the mind of the person playing, rather than as a passive outside observer. Look for patterns, momentum, and what the moves of each player tell you about what they might do next, or what they’re thinking. It’s very easy to armchair quarterback your way through life, with perfect hindsight, but if you can take an active view, and really think “what would YOU do in their place?” and “Why?” you’ll learn much more quickly. Answering those questions will teach you more and make you a better player than just watching combo videos (though I love combo videos too). Learning the biggest combo won’t make you a strong player, it’s finding ways to get inside the mind of your opponent and create those opportunities that will take you to the next level competitively.

• Over the past few years Capcom has become more openly community oriented. Capcom-Unity has greatly expanded with live streams, contests and the uprecedented Megaman Legends 3 dev room. What can we expect for the future of fan interaction on Capcom-Unity?

• It will be case by case, or rather game by game, and producer by producer, but we have some big plans. The aim will remain the same—to make sure fans have a voice at the table where decisions are being made about what we all care about. Fans won’t always get everything they want, but that’s true for anything in life—any working game developer will tell you that even the senior producer doesn’t always get what they want, and there are a lot of competing interests to try and make happy. Overall the focus is on having a conversation about good ideas, and we certainly recognize that the community has lots of them, so we want to hear about them and bring them into the discussion. A good idea by itself doesn’t create a reality, but it’s the first step, and we want to keep that dialogue open across all the Capcom titles, even if it’s not always easy.

Thanks to Seth Killian for the interview! You can reach him on Capcom-Unity and Twitter.

SmokeMaxX

palpabl_purpura said:
It's in your head. The PS3 framerate is the same as the 360s. Lens of truth did a comparison around the time of launch. If anything, that site is pro-360, so that's saying a big thing.
Lens of Truth was wrong. You can ask top players what they think as well if you want. Hell, if you want to test it out yourself, just pick the flashiest stage, do a lot of stuff (using my previous example, hailstorm DHC HSF XFC HSF against Dark Phoenix) and compare the two consoles. You'll notice a difference.

Digital Foundry's Article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox360-vs-ps3-round-29-face-off
MVC3 is v-synced on the PS3 - frame-rate is lower in busy areas, but there is no tearing whatsoever. Hyper moves and tag-team crossovers are the common cause for frame-rate dips and the drops in the intro scenes are especially noticeable.

The implementation of v-sync sees tearing completely removed from the experience, but it comes at a cost. On 360, the framebuffer flips mid-refresh, resulting in screen-tear, but it does ensure that the latest action to be processed internally is displayed as quickly as possible. With PS3, the game waits until the refresh is complete before updating the screen, resulting in the game effectively stalling in the mean time.

Looking at the frame-rate tests, both versions seem to be matched for the most part. In regular gameplay, with just two characters on-screen that key 60FPS experience is largely maintained. It only appears to drop in more strenuous situations - such as in the performance of Hyper or team Hyper moves, in which case the effect on the PS3 is greater.

Throw a total of four characters into the mix, however, whilst tag-teaming, and we see more distinct results: the PS3 game starts to drops frames more noticeably than the 360 version. These dips last mere seconds, and are far from being very impactful on the way the game plays as typically the player is setting back and watching the fireworks. However, team attacks do segue directly into action and it is conceivable that expert players will feel the difference.

PS3 is better for less screen tearing (more aesthetically pleasing) but NOT better for gameplay.

It does say that the effects are only really noticeable during things like DHCs, but for people that count frames and do DHCs a lot, it adds up. While it's not super noticeable, it DOES affect combo timing.

EDIT: Just re-read the LensOfTruth article. Despite it not being very technical with things fighting game fans care about (input lag, frame drops, input drops, etc.) it's useful for comparing multiplatform games on an aesthetic level. That being said, it said both games play at a solid 60FPS always. Does anyone really believe that? I've experienced frame drops on both systems. I don't think LensOfTruth is filled with people who know how to test fighting games...

SmokeMaxX said:
Lens of Truth was wrong. You can ask top players what they think as well if you want. Hell, if you want to test it out yourself, just pick the flashiest stage, do a lot of stuff (using my previous example, hailstorm DHC HSF XFC HSF against Dark Phoenix) and compare the two consoles. You'll notice a difference.

Digital Foundry's Article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox360-vs-ps3-round-29-face-off

PS3 is better for less screen tearing (more aesthetically pleasing) but NOT better for gameplay.

It does say that the effects are only really noticeable during things like DHCs, but for people that count frames and do DHCs a lot, it adds up. While it's not super noticeable, it DOES affect combo timing.

EDIT: Just re-read the LensOfTruth article. Despite it not being very technical with things fighting game fans care about (input lag, frame drops, input drops, etc.) it's useful for comparing multiplatform games on an aesthetic level. That being said, it said both games play at a solid 60FPS always. Does anyone really believe that? I've experienced frame drops on both systems. I don't think LensOfTruth is filled with people who know how to test fighting games...

I'm hoping you actually watched the videos, then you'd notice the framerates are the same. DF didn't even do a direct split screen comparision like LOT did (which is standard in these types of comparisons). It was a shitty, subjective, pro-360 article written off of an inadequate analysis. LOT is also pro-360, but DF will tell you that the blu-ray performance on 360 is superior to PS3. I've noticed no framerate issues/drops/etc on the PS3 version, which I've own since launch. Top players get salty when they loose, like everyone else. There's no credible reason to believe that there is a noticeable difference between the 2 versions.

As much as I want to love thisgame I just can't strin together any real combos.this game is all about the combos and I just can't get the timing down right :(

I'm flattered, but I'm probably a terrible person to demonstrate things myself. My execution is kinda shit and I haven't really been practicing seriously since PowerUp in April or whenever. I could give you a shortlist of things you should know and use but it's probably basic stuff you'd know already if you've already done some research.
I'm a very visual learner. Really, anything is better than nothing. Even if it's shit, it's shit I know not to do. ;-)

to be fair, if characters that are majorly overpowered are nerfed, then Dorm will raise up in tiers by virtue of staying the same.
Certainly, but I'm not talking about real buffs to Dormammu, just minor stuff like letting his c.L chain to c.H so he has SOME method of hit confirmation. He's the only character in the game that only has c.L to s.S against some characters as far as I know.

It ain't so bad when you look at the whole picture instead of just a single bar. You also have to admit that it is a pretty cool little project they've got going there.
No doubt.

Chris G bodying kids... again.

http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

Playing Winrich right now, casuals.
Link sir has the sickest Morrigan I've ever seen. Damn those fly cancels and fireballs were good shit.
A good Morrigan? Where can I find the archive?!?!

Thanks for the vids, Karsticles. It is nice to see someone rocking the house with such an unconventional team. His Haggar and Arthur are especially sick haha.

I do think his Hsien-Ko could be better though. I don't see the reasoning behind some of his choices.
He posts a lot on GFAQs if you want to ask him. You're welcome for the videos. When I played him it was not pretty, since I was anchoring Sentinel at the time, and he was using Arthur. :-(

I decided to check Morrigan's Astral hyper and Sougenoumu only to find that Morrigan has 13 recovery frames and Sougenoumu has 3.
FYI, her Astral Vision is much faster in UMvC3.

-Morrigan is a freaking tournament sleeper that would do some amazing stuff with damage tweaks, a ground dash and hyper buffs(cut recovery window on Astral and give her back her beam for top tier).
I would love all of that. Morrigan even had a ground dash in MvC1...

At least she's getting 2/4.

So. What's the consensus for UMVC3? PS3 or 360?
I go PS3 just because I think paying for online gaming is goddamn stupid. Plus, Evo is done on PS3...

ps3.

how will you see Karst's dormammu get beat down by Dr. Strange players world wide?
Dr. Strange has no air dash - I fear nothing. Besides, Dr. Strange has no answer to my Stalking Flare spam with the new team I am trying!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know I never understood why frame skipping messes up your combos. you know, the frames are just SKIPPED in ANIMATION right? The damn actions still take place. Don't blame that shit on you dropping combos. And the moments they do happen are at times where well it doesnt really fucking mater. But but it messes up my DHC COMBOOOO uhhh do it like you would have anyways? Oh look it worked! YAY muscle memory

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
As for what system will have the most players. Who knows, but that doesn't matter to me I care about individuals more than a ton of generic stuff. With the better netcode me and Karst can actually get some real games in too FINALLY.

Besides I know Ultimoo can't wait to get molested by Firebrand, oh and Ulti is actually becoming legitly pretty damn good, once he gets out of the mind set of needing to rely on his assist for every possible offensive action he'll def be better than 85% of the people that play this hell maybe higher :p
I still can hold my own with basics vs him and only playing via request LOLOL YOU GONNA GET STOMPED HARD AGAIN ONCE I TAKE IT SERIOUS <3

I just moved to Chicago this weekend, so maybe we can give it another shot Q. I just had my internet put in today. I haven't played in months though, and I owe the tournament its matches first.

SmokeMaxX

palpabl_purpura said:
I'm hoping you actually watched the videos, then you'd notice the framerates are the same. DF didn't even do a direct split screen comparision like LOT did (which is standard in these types of comparisons). It was a shitty, subjective, pro-360 article written off of an inadequate analysis. LOT is also pro-360, but DF will tell you that the blu-ray performance on 360 is superior to PS3. I've noticed no framerate issues/drops/etc on the PS3 version, which I've own since launch. Top players get salty when they loose, like everyone else. There's no credible reason to believe that there is a noticeable difference between the 2 versions.
Inadequate analysis? I saw the article the week it came out. If I can find the original thread on SRK, I can show you where I was very unsatisfied with Lens of Truth's comparison because it didn't ask the right questions. This isn't about 360 vs. PS3. I run tournaments and we used to run all games on PS3 to follow Evo. Now we just run all non-Capcom games on PS3. Why? Because they're better on PS3.

However, Capcom games are NOT better on PS3. I've played extensively on both versions. It's not "I lost and so now I'm making excuses." Even when I win I get mad playing on PS3 (not every game, but everytime I feel the lag which ISN'T EVERY MATCH). I went to a tournament where another guy APOLOGIZED because even though the tournament was supposed to be on 360, one match was played on PS3 and both players felt the game pause which screwed up the game winning combo.

Look, if you only play on PS3, you're not going to notice a difference. If you don't play competitively, you're probably less likely to notice a difference. One of the most amazing things about people is how well they adjust to situations. I played on a 50inch Samsung that didn't have Game Mode and, once I got used to the lag, I didn't notice anything strange. If you've played thousands of matches on both consoles, you SHOULD notice a difference.

Also, I love the "pro players get salty" line. That gives people a right to ALWAYS question expert opinions. Even if a pro player is salty, shouldn't he still be more sensitive to that sort of stuff than the average player? It's okay to say pro players get salty and that's why PS3 = 360, but then when someone loses to an online Blanka, it's because of lag?
QisTopTier said:
You know I never understood why frame skipping messes up your combos. you know, the frames are just SKIPPED in ANIMATION right? The damn actions still take place. Don't blame that shit on you dropping combos. And the moments they do happen are at times where well it doesnt really fucking mater. But but it messes up my DHC COMBOOOO uhhh do it like you would have anyways? Oh look it worked! YAY muscle memory
Frame rate drops (or whatever the terminology is) affect combo timing. If you're used to a 1 frame window (at 60 frames per second) and you have to punish a move at frame 120 exactly... well normally you have to punish it at the 2 second mark, but what if the game slows down to 30 frames per second? Then you have to punish at the 4 second mark.

Frame skipping is fine, that's what the 360 does. It means you see less of what goes on (minutely less) but your timing is essentially the same. The 360 has been dropping frame rate more and more after each subsequent patch, but not as bad as the PS3. For the most part, each system runs at 60 fps, but when more goes on during the match, the PS3 gets taxed more and slows down more.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
As for what system will have the most players. Who knows, but that doesn't matter to me I care about individuals more than a ton of generic stuff. With the better netcode me and Karst can actually get some real games in too FINALLY.

Besides I know Ultimoo can't wait to get molested by Firebrand, oh and Ulti is actually becoming legitly pretty damn good, once he gets out of the mind set of needing to rely on his assist for every possible offensive action he'll def be better than 85% of the people that play this hell maybe higher :p
I still can hold my own with basics vs him and only playing via request LOLOL YOU GONNA GET STOMPED HARD AGAIN ONCE I TAKE IT SERIOUS <3

but that's what tron assist is for! lol.

I'm gonna eat Ultimoo up for breakfast once Tron is out on her ass. It is gonna be like one of Captain Badasses' feeding sessions on ranked too.

om nom nom

Neki

SolarPowered said:
I'm gonna eat Ultimoo up for breakfast once Tron is out on her ass. It is gonna be like one of Captain Badasses' feeding sessions on ranked too.

om nom nom

keep dreaming solar

keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep dreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaming.

This is how free you are gonna be:

6ksyjxs.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SmokeMaxX said:
Frame rate drops (or whatever the terminology is) affect combo timing. If you're used to a 1 frame window (at 60 frames per second) and you have to punish a move at frame 120 exactly... well normally you have to punish it at the 2 second mark, but what if the game slows down to 30 frames per second? Then you have to punish at the 4 second mark.

umm... I want you to think about what you just typed there for a good 30 minutes then get back to me -.-

SmokeMaxX

QisTopTier said:
umm... I want you to think about what you just typed there for a good 30 minutes then get back to me -.-
I've had about 2 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours due to a comprehensive med school test and then the school thinking it's a good idea to give us a quiz the next day on the same subjects we were tested over, so forgive me if my logic is a little dumb right now. That being said, I hope the intent of what I was trying to say is clear. If you change the frame rate, you're going to change frame perfect timing. Well that is, if you design your game to play every frame (which is how PS3 MvC3 was designed). 360 doesn't have this problem (as much) since it skips frames and doesn't try to render every single one.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SmokeMaxX said:
I've had about 2 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours due to a comprehensive med school test and then the school thinking it's a good idea to give us a quiz the next day on the same subjects we were tested over, so forgive me if my logic is a little dumb right now. That being said, I hope the intent of what I was trying to say is clear. If you change the frame rate, you're going to change frame perfect timing. Well that is, if you design your game to play every frame (which is how PS3 MvC3 was designed). 360 doesn't have this problem (as much) since it skips frames and doesn't try to render every single one.
1 minute to late! But with that said, the game stalling is different from frame skipping. But the thing is if it always stalls in the same places this doesn't matter anymore as well you learned the timing of it. The system in mvc3 is very lenient too outside of very few things. *viper, some dante stuff* Of course there is still no excuse for it. But even so no one at evo lost because of it, well no one big anyways xD

Keep in mind I barely notice when these moments happen, and my eyes and mind can register each tick of the fps per sec at a time. It made GG fucking hilarious to me cause of all the easter eggs in the sprites. No clue how I didnt catch the oro penis thing in sf3 though xD must not of really looked.

The reason above is why I hate most online games though, I play very very reactive and online that doesn't really work at all =.=

Top Bottom