• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
How is this even possible.
I got an exclusive screenshot of God's Beard in his natural habitat.

matrixreloaded64.jpg

Dahbomb

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

3/5 MVC3 tournament run by Yipes. Yipes gets it man... MVC3 needs to be 3/5

So who are the best Arthurs out there? I need someone to xcopy.
What is there to xcopy? There was an Arthur player at Devastation who beat FChamp but that's about it. Not much to learn on Arthur's playstyle... put him at the back use his good assists so that he has utility on a team and play him like you would play a Phoenix team... save all meter for Arthur. Hope that your opponent burns X Factor first and you kill his team before Gold armor wears + LVL3 wears out.

Arthur has best LVL3 in the game.

Dahbomb said:
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

3/5 MVC3 tournament run by Yipes. Yipes gets it man... MVC3 needs to be 3/5

So who are the best Arthurs out there? I need someone to xcopy.
What is there to xcopy? There was an Arthur player at Devastation who beat FChamp but that's about it. Not much to learn on Arthur's playstyle... put him at the back use his good assists so that he has utility on a team and play him like you would play a Phoenix team... save all meter for Arthur. Hope that your opponent burns X Factor first and you kill his team before Gold armor wears + LVL3 wears out.

Arthur has best LVL3 in the game.

The armor break is complete bullshit though and its kinda sad to see opponents lame out until it happens.

Saw Sppoky's video and the stuff about Yipes. I can totally get behind a 3/5 setup for tournaments and I'm glad he is pushing it.

I'll definitely tune in on October 22nd.
Lost Fragment said:
A dude named EvulSoldier on PSN has a pretty good Arthur.

I don't know of anyone else.

Dahbomb

Top 5 Most Buffed characters in UMVC3 IMO:

1) Dr Doom
2) Captain America
3) Ryu
4) Dormammu
5) Viewtiful Joe

Honorable Mentions: Morrigan, Chris, Zero

Come at me etc.

Dahbomb said:

1) Dr Doom
2) Captain America
3) Ryu
4) Dormammu
5) Viewtiful Joe

Come at me etc.
Morrigan is a no go. The lack of a normal ground dash means she is right back where she started and meterfist can't be comboed into as far as we know. They'd be significant buffs if airdash guard were still available and she could combo into that meterfist.

I agree with the rest of the list.

Zissou

SolarPowered said:
Morrigan is a no go. The lack of a normal ground dash means she is right back where she started and meterfist can't be comboed into as far as we know. They'd be significant buffs if airdash guard were still available and she could combo into that meterfist.

I agree with the rest of the list.

Morrigan got improved damage as well though, right? Also, her dark harmonizer assist will be more useful with overall meter-building nerfed. I've got to imagine it must be possible to combo into the meter-suck-fist with the right assist- it's too early to write that off as a lost cause.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:

1) Dr Doom
2) Captain America
3) Ryu
4) Dormammu
5) Viewtiful Joe

Come at me etc.
Why Joe?

Dahbomb

I was gonna make a counter post but then I realized that no blocking during air dash hurts Morrigan way more than other characters. On paper she got buffed all around but the changes to overall system may end up hurting her.

Probably need some match experience to judge that. At the very least if Phoenix remains viable Morrigan could find her self on Phoenix teams for the meter building.

One of the best new tool for UMVC3 easily.

At first I was meh on Slow Dodge because it looked like it was only hyper cancellable. But it's not... it's special cancellable. You can EASILY do Slow Dodge on reaction into Groovy Uppercut. Groovy Uppercut basically starts many of Joe's combos.

Essentially it's almost like Viper's feared FADC into EX Seismo only without the meter cost (and of course not as good but still similar concept). You get a read on someone trying to DIVE KICK you, Slow Dodge + Groovy Uppercut into full combo. You know someone is going to do a cross up move you like Rapid Slash... Dodge into Uppercut for full combo. It's going to make a hard to touch character even more hard to touch and you have to respect Joe a lot. If you just miss the Dodge you can cancel into Voomerang for safety and apply pressure.

This on top of Joe's regular combos and specials actually doing more damage now meaning he pops off good health characters like Doom in max 2 combos. He probably has some other unconfirmed buffs as well (like bomb exploding on contact) but the damage boost and special cancelable Slow Dodge is enough to move him up a tier.

USD

Going through my video backlog, finally watched the Combofiend-Marn matches from Runnin' Sets. Great set, hilarious.

marnetoa89n.gif

Most of Joe's changes are so good because they all play to his strengths. He might have gotten a nerf or two(haven't checked), but his overall gameplan has only been made more secure and he is lucky to be getting that kind of treatment. He'll be a legitimately dangerous character with dodge, good overhead game, slow hyper and increased damage.

I'd be shitting my pants(in joy) if he got his red hot kick OTG and hitbox on bomb.
Zissou said:
Morrigan got improved damage as well though, right?
Yeah, but it doesn't mean much without the tools that help her to get in.
Zissou said:
Also, her dark harmonizer assist will be more useful with overall meter-building nerfed.
This is a buff, yes.
Zissou said:
I've got to imagine it must be possible to combo into the meter-suck-fist with the right assist- it's too early to write that off as a lost cause.
There is a big problem with this right here. Magneto wouldn't be half the character he is if he needed an assist to pull off his ROM combos or Hypergrav combos. A character is best measured by what they can do alone because that solo strength is important in a team game where you might end up 1v3. Assists and other situational tools only serve to improve upon the original design and an originally strong design comes before assist picking.

Morrigan's original design has no clear specialty or purpose. Her damage is buffed, but her strong mobility options are severely cut and her normals have short range. Her potential for a unique fighting style is tremendously buffed by meterfist, but immediately cut short by the fact that start up is too slow for reliable meter stealing combos that she could perform on her own.

Her entire design is full of contradictions for some dumb reason. It's like they give her new shoes, but they are full of rocks for no reason.
Dahbomb said:
I was gonna make a counter post but then I realized that no blocking during air dash hurts Morrigan way more than other characters. On paper she got buffed all around but the changes to overall system may end up hurting her.

Probably need some match experience to judge that. At the very least if Phoenix remains viable Morrigan could find her self on Phoenix teams for the meter building.
Yeah, Morrigan is actually two changes away from being a viable and truly dangerous character. Lots of wasted potential with that one once again.

The airdash nerf hurts her bad, but you can still fly cancel and block if necessary. It works against pretty much everything, but I wouldn't airdash in on Magneto with three bars anymore...

Dahbomb

Only change that affects Joe in a "nerf" angle is the no block during air dash (he has a fairly slow dash as well) although most of the time Joe is cancelling it into j.S or Voomerangs anyway.

In celebration of this video being released in full direct feed glory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvcSdxyvtMY&feature=player_embedded

What are your thoughts on the "pairing" (ie who would win?)? I actually think Capcom paired some of these characters very well while others insanely lop sided.

Captain America + Hawkeye vs Firebrand = Depends upon if Firebrand has the Crests or not... most likely he doesn't so I would say that he would probably falter. Captain America to tank the fire and Hawkeye for long ranged precision strike with an arrow that kills him outright (poison/explosive tip etc). I give it to the Avengers.

X-23 vs Nemesis = X-23 easily mostly on intelligence/adamantium alone. Nemesis is strong and durable as fuck but also dumb as hell meaning under the right circumstances even a normal human can kill him. Speed is in favor of X-23 plus adamantium skeleton and regeneration/healing factor.

Ryu vs Nova = LOL Nova LOL. Mad respect to Ryu for trying to go against a cosmic power and to be honest... Ryu in Marvel universe is hella strong (Denjin mode etc) but Nova is still Nova.

Deadpool vs Wright = Deadpool EASILY even on comedic value. Even if DP had no special powers.. he has an uzi.

Dante vs Ghost Rider = This probably would've been closer if it was Vergil vs Ghost Rider as Vergil is like half bad/half good but Dante is pretty much a good character. GR is pretty much immune to physical attacks but Dante has so many demonic powers/toolsets that this is far too much in his favor. Also Dante would probably defeat both Blackheart and Mephisto simultaneously as that's his job... and he's the best at his job. And this is without even considering hax Sparda sword.

Phoenix vs Wesker = LOL Phoenix LOL. Wesker is really not that powerful, he's more comparable to Captain America slightly faster and without an unbreakable shield. Phoenix is... Phoenix.

Vergil vs Wolverine = Both pretty much unkillable but Vergil can touch Wolverine more than Wolverine can touch Vergil. Summoned Swords, Devil form, higher sword range and teleports give him an edge. Also contrary to popular belief... Vergil isn't dead in the DMC series and has only been really defeated by Mundus, a demi-god (prince of darkness/lucifer himself etc). Vergil with a possible Sparda sword would be hax of course.

Strange vs Morrigan = Both heavy weights in terms of high level magical powers and it's a very tough call. Strange is a guy... Morrigan is a succubus so odds are in Morrigan's favor on charm alone.

Spider Man vs Strider = Hard to tell both are pretty much untouchable with Spider Man having his Spidey sense and Strider being a teleporting ninja with a sword. Strider has advance futuristic tech meaning he might be able to touch Spider Man with lethal force and Spidey will have a hard time getting in Ourouborus. Edge to Strider.

Hulk vs Haggar = LOL Hulk LOL. At this point even Tron would've been a better match vs Hulk...

I think I got them all. I wonder what the other pairings are going to be. Hoping for a Zero vs Iron Man show down as well as Tron vs Sentinel, RR vs Ammy/Joe and Akuma vs Iron Fist.

Jintor

I have to wonder if Deadpool was actually fighting Wright or just taking advantage of the situation to break the fourth wall

Zissou

Dahbomb, do you have a link to your current change log? The one from old locked ultimate hype thread is the most recent I can find.

Grecco

Chindogg said:
Throwing random lvl 3 doesn't make up for really good fundamentals and staying alive. Flocker wins this free.

Also, people need to get off Marn's balls. The dude has good execution but relies on deliberately making stupid/random decisions because it catches people off guard. He's almost as big of a fraud as Noel.

Marn doesnt just throw "random lvl3s" Marn has opened up the character to his maximum potential. Flockers Zero is just basic, solid but basic, and relying mostly on staying behind tron assist.

Dahbomb said:
What are your thoughts on the "pairing" (ie who would win?)? I actually think Capcom paired some of these characters very well while others insanely lop sided.
Some pairings were awesome and others were weird.
Dahbomb said:
Captain America + Hawkeye vs Firebrand = Depends upon if Firebrand has the Crests or not... most likely he doesn't so I would say that he would probably falter. Captain America to tank the fire and Hawkeye for long ranged precision strike with an arrow that kills him outright (poison/explosive tip etc). I give it to the Avengers.
Agreed

Two aventers working together just spells trouble for a non cosmic being with limited stamina and speed.
Dahbomb said:
X-23 vs Nemesis = X-23 easily mostly on intelligence/adamantium alone. Nemesis is strong and durable as fuck but also dumb as hell meaning under the right circumstances even a normal human can kill him. Speed is in favor of X-23 plus adamantium skeleton and regeneration/healing factor.
Have you ever read the comics? X-23 is a ruthless killing machine and her powerset is really good.

Encyclopedic knowledge of how to kill all types of organisms, proper body disposal, knowledge of chemicals that may come in handy for jobs, and the highest levels of tracking knowledge makes her deadly. She doesn't need to see to kill her prey(she has literally killed an invisible man), extremely fast regeneration of injuries(she has intentionally lopped her own arm off/had her neck snapped clean), a keen sense of smell, adamantium laced claws, mobility that surpasses that of wolverine and a great sense for improvisation(jam wolverine's wounds with dirt to slow the healing process while she stabs and slices with extreme speed).
Dahbomb said:
Ryu vs Nova = LOL Nova LOL. Mad respect to Ryu for trying to go against a cosmic power and to be honest... Ryu in Marvel universe is hella strong (Denjin mode etc) but Nova is still Nova.
Nova easily.
Dahbomb said:
Deadpool vs Wright = Deadpool EASILY even on comedic value. Even if DP had no special powers.. he has an uzi.
Wright is obviously not his normal self lol. The high def trailer clearly shows his finger glowing with an awesome power(I'm sorry, I had to say it this way!) that blew deadpool right out of the building. Me thinks that he has gained some amazing power when he fell into the Marvel universe with the rest of the cast.
Dahbomb said:
Dante vs Ghost Rider = This probably would've been closer if it was Vergil vs Ghost Rider as Vergil is like half bad/half good but Dante is pretty much a good character. GR is pretty much immune to physical attacks but Dante has so many demonic powers/toolsets that this is far too much in his favor. Also Dante would probably defeat both Blackheart and Mephisto simultaneously as that's his job... and he's the best at his job. And this is without even considering hax Sparda sword.
It is a stalemate for Dante in the best case scenario without his Sparda sword. Ghost Rider is one of the most powerful forces(doesn't even count as a straight up character in my book) in the Marvel universe and I'm pretty sure that he can only be harmed by Angelic weapons of the highest caliber.

I'm pretty sure he even tells the Hulk to fuck off if need be.
Dahbomb said:
Phoenix vs Wesker = LOL Phoenix LOL. Wesker is really not that powerful, he's more comparable to Captain America slightly faster and without an unbreakable shield. Phoenix is... Phoenix.
Phoenix lolz.
Dahbomb said:
Vergil vs Wolverine = Both pretty much unkillable but Vergil can touch Wolverine more than Wolverine can touch Vergil. Summoned Swords, Devil form, higher sword range and teleports give him an edge. Also contrary to popular belief... Vergil isn't dead in the DMC series and has only been really defeated by Mundus, a demi-god (prince of darkness/lucifer himself etc). Vergil with a possible Sparda sword would be hax of course.
Vergil takes this easily unless he has been depowered. Killing Wolvie is no easy task though.
Dahbomb said:
Strange vs Morrigan = Both heavy weights in terms of high level magical powers and it's a very tough call. Strange is a guy... Morrigan is a succubus so odds are in Morrigan's favor on charm alone.
Morrigan wins if he is no longer a sorcerer supreme. I'd say a toss up strongly favoring Dr. Strange with his full abilities. Morrigan is just no slouch. She is probably the closest demonic equivalent to Dante/Vergil in the Capcom Universe.

A hax tier character that was never fully explored outside of her small original Darkstalker franchise.
Dahbomb said:
Spider Man vs Strider = Hard to tell both are pretty much untouchable with Spider Man having his Spidey sense and Strider being a teleporting ninja with a sword. Strider has advance futuristic tech meaning he might be able to touch Spider Man with lethal force and Spidey will have a hard time getting in Ourouborus. Edge to Strider.
Spider Man is really really hard to touch. I'd say Strider takes it if only because of his killing intent. If Strider wants to get it done he will. It's not an impossible fight for Spider Man though. His reflexes are just so insane that even Strider would struggle to get a clean hit.
Dahbomb said:
Hulk vs Haggar = LOL Hulk LOL. At this point even Tron would've been a better match vs Hulk...
Hulk easily lol. I agree that Tron would have been better.
Dahbomb said:
I think I got them all. I wonder what the other pairings are going to be. Hoping for a Zero vs Iron Man show down as well as Tron vs Sentinel and Akuma vs Iron Fist.
Who knows...

Dahbomb said:

1) Dr Doom
2) Captain America
3) Ryu
4) Dormammu
5) Viewtiful Joe

Come at me etc.

One that surprisingly seems to be flying under everyone's radar is Storm. People don't seem to realize how worryingly powerful she could be in UMvC3, since she can now X Factor cancel her Ice Storm to rain double Ice Storms, PLUS she can mash her Ice Storm and that could potentially be the best assist killer AND the best unescapable chipping tool in that game. Her new pull move also works on grounded opponent and that means they can't roll away from her, which could mean guaranteed mixups on recovering opponents. Also her damage supposedly is better which makes up for the lost of the DHC Glitch. J Wong declared his intention to use her in UMvC3, and Fanatiq was absolutely overjoyed by how much buffed his entrie present team is. Speaking of him Sentinel seems to be buffed greatly too, his normals look faster and from what I see the Sentinel players are landing hits much easier.

Spencer is another guy that seems to be flying under people's radar, it seems that his zipline is buffed greatly and he's almost as fast now in his zipline as he was in lvl 2 X Factor previously. With no one being able to block in air dash this potenitally makes his zipline the best mobility option in UMvC3, among any character.

Dahbomb

Flocker's Zero is more versatile in playstyle in that he plays a balance of rushdown and keepaway as compared to Marn's which is almost all rushdown. Flocker knows the match ups extremely well, knows when to abuse the ranges, when to abuse Buster and just do standard combos. Marn over styles with Zero and that costs him the match, same for RyRy. Flocker's Zero is 100% business and shows far more consistency.

Dahbomb, do you have a link to your current change log? The one from old locked ultimate hype thread is the most recent I can find.
That was is outdated.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=583
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=588

This is most recent posted in the UMVC3:Nova and Wright thread. Has the updated system changes as well.

Chindogg

Grecco said:
Marn doesnt just throw "random lvl3s" Marn has opened up the character to his maximum potential. Flockers Zero is just basic, solid but basic, and relying mostly on staying behind tron assist.

Dude. He throws lvl 3s from full screen with no rhyme or reason. When it hits he looks like a genius. When it doesn't hit he looks retarded. Anyone who actually watches what Marn does compared to Flocker can see that Marn has good execution but clearly doesn't understand Zero's limitations and weaknesses. He just goes in because he thinks something is safe (most of the time its not) and he'll either get blown up or dominate. His Magneto is way stronger than his Zero because of that playstyle.

Flocker understands the character and maximizes Zero's capabilities while keeping in mind of his weaknesses. That's why Zero stayed alive pretty much every match he played and almost every match with Marn he has to rely on random hits with Akuma to come back.

Grecco

Chindogg said:
Dude. He throws lvl 3s from full screen with no rhyme or reason. When it hits he looks like a genius. When it doesn't hit he looks retarded..

He throws them because its to punish the assist. Zeros lvl 3 is probably one of the best in the game, and why Zero is better as a meter user than a battery.

Marn explains most of this, in the commentary of his set vs Jago. Let me see if i can find it.

Chindogg said:
. That's why Zero stayed alive pretty much every match he played and almost every match

Flockers Zero stays alive because he spends most of the match hideing behind trons invincible assist, and throwing out buster shots. Not because its a "better Zero". Its not.

Chindogg

Grecco said:
He throws them because its to punish the assist. Zeros lvl 3 is probably one of the best in the game, and why Zero is better as a meter user than a battery.

Marn explains most of this, in the commentary of his set vs Jago. Let me see if i can find it.

Knowing Marn personally, that's bullshit.

Dahbomb

One that surprisingly seems to be flying under everyone's radar is Storm. People don't seem to realize how worryingly powerful she could be in UMvC3, since she can now X Factor cancel her Ice Storm to rain double Ice Storms, PLUS she can mash her Ice Storm and that could potentially be the best assist killer AND the best unescapable chipping tool in that game. Her new pull move also works on grounded opponent and that means they can't roll away from her, which could mean guaranteed mixups on recovering opponents. Also her damage supposedly is better which makes up for the lost of the DHC Glitch. J Wong declared his intention to use her in UMvC3, and Fanatiq was absolutely overjoyed by how much buffed his entrie present team is. Speaking of him Sentinel seems to be buffed greatly too, his normals look faster and from what I see the Sentinel players are landing hits much easier
Yeah Storm is good in UMVC3 but overall she will probably end up where is now... somewhere in High tier (overall buffs + air XF vs removal of DHC glitch + no block during air dash). It really depends on how good Fair/Foul winds are but for sure Fanatiq and JWong are digging Storm in UMVC3. Sentinel also looks to be about where was was before, nothing too drastic.

Spencer is another guy that seems to be flying under people's radar, it seems that his zipline is buffed greatly and he's almost as fast now in his zipline as he was in lvl X Factor previously. With no one being able to block in air dash this potenitally makes his zipline the best mobility option in UMvC3, among any character.
I have heard mix things on Spencer ranging from both nerfs and buffs to Zipline. Not enough people play him to comment, it's all very anecdotal stuff. I think Spencer also will be more or less where he is now ie. very dangerous in the right hands.

Flockers Zero stays alive because he spends most of the match hideing behind trons invincible assist, and throwing out buster shots. Not because its a "better Zero". Its not.
What's this hiding behind assist bull shit? It's the same shit as using Drones or projectile nullifying Akuma tatsu assist which Marn has been using since day 1. Flocker stays alive because he stays within ranges of his sword, angles of buster and plays the match ups patiently.

I have seen the video and within that video he admitted that if the other guy had used X Factor'd to block his raw LVL3 he would've been toast. Everyone knows why Marn uses LVL3, it's a great assist punisher but he does make some bad reads sometimes. Of course it's a bad comparison with Flocker who has to build meter with Zero and not use it at all. Zero can build meter and use it as well... it's a matter of play choice. The fact that Flocker is able to play out with Zero without using Sogenmu or LVL3 punishes shows how solid he is with Zero at a fundamental level.

Chindogg

Grecco said:
That's fine, but its still not as better as Marn's Zero.

Flocker went 5-0 against the West Coast's best and won a major. Marn's won WNF once. The results speak for themselves.

Just because Marn's famous (by his own design) doesn't mean he's better.

Edit: Flocker beat the EVO champ to win that major. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Dahbomb said:
Yeah Storm is good in UMVC3 but overall she will probably end up where is now... somewhere in High tier (overall buffs + air XF vs removal of DHC glitch + no block during air dash). It really depends on how good Fair/Foul winds are but for sure Fanatiq and JWong are digging Storm in UMVC3. Sentinel also looks to be about where was was before, nothing too drastic.

I have heard mix things on Spencer ranging from both nerfs and buffs to Zipline. Not enough people play him to comment, it's all very anecdotal stuff. I think Spencer also will be more or less where he is now ie. very dangerous in the right hands.

IMHO, presently Storm was low tier without DHC Glitch, somewhere between mid and high tier with DHC Glitch. Even with DHC Glitch she has many issues, including poor recovery in her normals, inability to damage 2 characters effectively, being an awful battery, having Magneto level of health, etc. I do think that she will be high tier, possibly even top tier in UMvC3 solely from how much she has benefited from air X Factor. Spencer will move up the tier list by a notable amount too, since that added mobility is likely to make him less dependent on assists or X Factor as he is now. And considering how much nerfed most of the good assists in MvC3 are I have little doubt Sentinel's drones will be the best assist in UMvC3, that plus the speed buffs is likely to encourage a lot of people who had dropped him to pick him up again.

Chindogg said:
Flocker went 5-0 against the West Coast's best and won a major. Marn's won WNF once. The results speak for themselves.

Just because Marn's famous (by his own design) doesn't mean he's better.

Edit: Flocker beat the EVO champ to win that major. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Yeah, but he won't have Tron's assist covering his ass and he will have a much harder time with Phoenix in UMvC3. So depending on how he adapts to UMvC3 SB could very well be the last time Flocker is a big contender in majors.

Bizazedo

In all fairness to Flocker, I'd attribute his wins to an incredibly skillful handling of how his team works and punishing mistakes on the other guys part. I think what impressed me most was how smart he played all the matches I saw him in.

His Zero was very solid, but he didn't do anything with Zero that seemed incredible. Honestly, once he had the enemy in a combo there are probably better combos Zero could do for more meter + damage.

Thing is, though, he was playing solid and not dropping / hardly dropping anything by being consistent in the combos he went for and not making mistakes.

So, "best Zero"? I don't think it's easily claimed in either direction (yea or nay).

He definitely played his team the best of anyone there, though.

Chindogg

Grecco said:
I dont know. Dont you know him personally? Maybe you can ask him.

He thinks the game is ass so odds are he'll just use the best assist he can find and roll with that. If he even continues to play.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm trying to learn relaunches with Storm as we speak. I'm excited for her buffs in umvc3. :D I can do her normal j.c bnb, but when I ground them with j.s, call Wesker, and relaunch, it seems like they just drop out of the combo. I swore I saw Wong doing one the exact same way during Season's Beatings, so it's probably timing or something? I wonder if she's going to keep her swag loops (not that I'm even bother trying them now....).

Dahbomb

IMHO, presently Storm was low tier without DHC Glitch, somewhere between mid and high tier with DHC Glitch.
BULL SHIT! Mobility, mix ups, full screen assist punishing hyper , super jump assist calls durin floating and normals that beat out most mid/low characters in priority means she is above mid tier. I have played with Storm quite a bit and she is NO low character... maybe you should play with some low characters to get an idea.

If Storm was low tier she would never be picked even for DHC glitch purposes. For a good DHC glitch starter you need to actually get in that first hit which Storm is quite capable of doing in a live match involving so many powerful characters. People are shy of even using Felicia, X-23 and Deadpool despite being very easy mode DHC glitch starters.

Dahbomb

Yeah probably... but she should be able to continue it.

Although to be honest there are many ways to start it... I wouldn't be surprised if someone figured out that you could command throw with Felicia and DHC glitch or some shit.

Last time I kept up with which characters could DHC glitch and which couldn't... people figured out how to DHC glitch with Trish by just hitting with the first hit of her hyper and her Peakaboo assists. I pretty much assumed that every character could interact with it some how.

Also Jill has an easy mode DHC glitch starter too for sure.

Chindogg said:
Marn appreciates your support.

BTW, what's Marn gonna do with a nerfed Akuma assist? See what I did there?

Akuma's Tatsu was barely nerfed and is still a very good mixup helper. Tron's flame is now one of the worst assist in this game.

Dahbomb said:
BULL SHIT! Mobility, mix ups, full screen assist punishing hyper , super jump assist calls durin floating and normals that beat out most mid/low characters in priority means she is above mid tier. I have played with Storm quite a bit and she is NO low character... maybe you should play with some low characters to get an idea.

If Storm was low tier she would never be picked even for DHC glitch purposes. For a good DHC glitch starter you need to actually get in that first hit which Storm is quite capable of doing in a live match involving so many powerful characters. People are shy of even using Felicia, X-23 and Deadpool despite being very easy mode DHC glitch starters.

Deadpool is actually quite common in tourneys, just in SB J Wong got pwned by a Deadpool player. They don't tend to get very far but there are quite a few prominent Deadpool players. X-23 less so but she's probably low tier too without DHC Glitch, mid tier because she has DHC Glitch. Felicia is low tier too and if she could DHC you can be sure a lot more people would have been using her.

Top Bottom